• Red Tornado
  • Captain Atom
#2 Posted by nickthedevil (13659 posts) - - Show Bio

Justice League.

#3 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil: Reason(s)

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7734 posts) - - Show Bio

JL win

Thanos has zero speed feats to contend with them and I don't want to here any BS about him being in a fight with Surfer who doesn't bother to use super speed in a fight and Runner who made him look like a fool with his speed.

#5 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

5/10 for each. Would have to see more feats of Justice league before I can make a good decision.

#6 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, Hal, and WW win this.

#7 Posted by Immortal777 (7734 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: You would need to see feats of the pre 52 JL?

#8 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@ImTheDamnBatman: So are you saying they solo while Thanos has 2 infinity gems.

#9 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Soul Gem AND the Power Gem, I'd go Thanos. The Runner was the only one who was able to give him any trouble, and he is way faster than anyone here in combat speed IMO. If he didn't have the Soul Gem, I'd give it to the Justice League, but even still that's a rough one to do. It's not his reflexes that are the issue, it's his durability.

• He's proven he has the reflexes necessary to handle the entire Avengers.
  • Plus he has telepathy, so a mental assault is a valid option against more than a few of your heroes.
  • He's strong enough to beat down a Warrior Madness enhanced Thor nearly to death.
  • He's durable enough to tank a full blast from Silver Surfer, as well as hits from Odin, and a single shot from Galactus (1 shot).
  • His shields, which are part of his standard equipment, have tanked blows from Champion of the Universe when he had the Power Gem.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#10 Posted by XImpossibruX (5187 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

@XImpossibruX: You would need to see feats of the pre 52 JL?

Nevermind, thought it was Post- New 52. Justice league wins.

#11 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with Floopay's bottom line.

#12 Edited by gunmetalgrey (1274 posts) - - Show Bio

Telepathy? Let's see.. Wonder Woman is immune. Barry and Hal can make themselves virtually immune. Aquaman is a telepath himself. Cyborg is resistant due to the machine part of his brain. Superman has several feats of resistance.

It's pretty much just an unprepped Batman who goes down by telepathy.

A fraction of the Avengers are peak humans at most and with only 1-2 considerable speedsters at a time. Reflexes to handle them are not very impressive.

I'd say the numbers and the speed, not to mention the individual strengths, have it here. WW hogties him. Hal clamps him down as well, just to be safe. Supes uses x-ray vision to find the gems. Barry phases through and takes them away. Then everyone who isn't affected by TP takes turns using him as a punching bag.

EDIT: I just noticed they're all bloodlusted so it's gonna go down to who throws the most punches and who can take the most. I still stand by the team, just too many fast heavyhitters.

#13 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

• Plus he has telepathy, so a mental assault is a valid option against more than a few of your heroes.
  • He's durable enough to tank a full blast from Silver Surfer, as well as hits from Odin, and a single shot from Galactus (1 shot).

I don't think telepathy would be a viable option against the JLA save for Batman and possibly Superman. Perhaps with morals on that would work well.

I wouldn't say he tanked hits from Odin, as he was basically trashed after Odin's onslaught.

#14 Posted by MisterWhisper (2131 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos alone would lose, but with the Power Gem and Soul Gem, he wins. Hell, you could give just about anyone the power and soul gems and they would win.

#15 Posted by darktiger (4622 posts) - - Show Bio

JL for the win

#16 Posted by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps due to the gems.

#17 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

You could give Thanos all of the Gems and People would still claim the JL could Beat him

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9726 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps said:

I'm going with this.

#19 Posted by Evil Incarnate (4172 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr said:

You could give Thanos all of the Gems and People would still claim the JL could Beat him

Not true, Thanos is indeed a team wrecker, but a Marvel team wrecker. I'm not knocking Marvel, but as they tend to have one powerhouse per team, the JLA on the other hand is filled with them, and while yes I'm aware that he's taken out teams that included Surfer and Thor, I feel the need to add that Surfer wasn't utilizing his speed advantage as the JLA (mainly Flash) would. Add in that he usually has a plan and these are never random encounters only adds to my argument. For this battle however I could see him pulling this off.

#20 Posted by daak1212 (7901 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos rape anyone is high to say Thanos loses. How the hell does one surmise that he loses with the gems? He litterally has taken on hordes of heavy hiitters by himself. Hell he took on Hulk amped by X-man (Nate Grey)

#21 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@stonerthps said:

#22 Posted by parwez7 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would take care of wonder woman and the green lantern but batman and superman would take him

#23 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gritterr said:

THIS

#24 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

so how is the JLA suppose to take down thanos who is physically invincible, has enough strength to completely shatter a planet in 1 punch, and can steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead? this is a total mismatch

#25 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@parwez7 said:

Thanos would take care of wonder woman and the green lantern but batman and superman would take him

and how are batman and superman suppose to take him? thanos has enough strength to completely shatter a planet in just 1 punch, and is invincible to any attacks. he has higher level of tech and intellegence than bruce, not to mention he can simply use the soul gem to turn the JLA against eachother by altering their souls

#26 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

There is some major Thanos hate in there if you actually think he loses this

#27 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@parwez7 said:

ROFLLMAOLOL @ Batman taking down Thanos with two gems

#28 Posted by Gritterr (491 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

There is some major Thanos hate in there if you actually think he loses this

@society619 said:

@parwez7 said:

ROFLLMAOLOL @ Batman taking down Thanos with two gems

#29 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

Even without the gems Thanos still wins. He could one shot nearly the entire league. His physical stats are beyond them, his mind is beyond them, his mysticism is beyond, and his tech is beyond them. Superman didn't do too well against a similar foe in Darkseid recently. Darkseid does not possess Thanos' shields or his ability to place the entire league in force cubes capable of holding Thor. They lose.

#30 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Is Flash blood lusted?

#31 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone on this team would fall easy prey to the combination of soul gem+ power gem. Except maybe Wonder Woman due to the divine nature of her powers.

Even if this was JLA vs Paste Pot Pete with soul gem and power gem, Paste Pot Pete would win. Thanos is a not the big factor here, it is the gems

#32 Posted by RIKR2 (11485 posts) - - Show Bio

no way thanos lose with the gem!

#33 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5240 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. People saying otherwise are extremely biased. Thanos is insanely powerful w/out the gems. With the gems this is a stomp. Yes he did take blows from Odin and was staggered. But he survived. The JLA would get stomped by Odin now you do the math. Btw Thanos can't be killed since Death forbids it.

#34 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

Then i think Thanos wins

#35 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see how the JL could win this. Thanos murders them horribly.

#36 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't go so far as to say Thanos is completely physically invincible, but I admit he's darn close.

Thanos without the gems would pull it off - with the gems it's not even fair.

#37 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is MORE than a match for the Justice League w/o any Infinity Gems, with the Power and Soul gems this is a mismatch. Power gem gives him more horsepower than anyone on the League will ever have, and with the Soul gem he could just take their souls and this isn't even a fight....especially with Thanos' knowledge and how to maximize the Infinity Gems abilities.

#38 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought people would say JL stomps if he didn't. Should I take them away?

#39 Posted by TifaLockhart (14119 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever: I believe so. IMO. I still wouldn't favor them, but it'd at least be conceivable.

#40 Posted by SHAZAM117 (3604 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever....I would take at least the Soul Gem away...That thing gives Thanos an automatic win almost everytime....There's no point of even getting into a physical contest when you can just soul steal your opponents or trap them in a pocket universe

#41 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

I took them away.

#42 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7725 posts) - - Show Bio

@menaceforever:

W/Gems Thanos.

W/o Gems seeing the line up Thanos in an aw inspiring match.

You don't have to take them away just make another round.

#43 Posted by grimlock (1571 posts) - - Show Bio

power gem and soul gem are enough for Thanos to rip these guys apart. if my memory serves me right at one point Thanos suspended the powers of the IG and still stood his own in h2h against an array of super powered characters. I'm not saying he would easily beat them considering we have guys here like manhunter who requires proper strategy to beat BUT with the two gems Thanos would slaughter them all!

#44 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

If there is a team that can take stop Thanos, its the Justice League. If the roster changes to include a magic user like Zatanna, Dr Fate or Manitou Raven, then they have a chance

#45 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Added 2 more rounds

#46 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydama: It did in round 2.

#47 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1848 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: Could go either way if Thanos has no gems.

Round 2: Not sure if any of these people can hurt Thanos with the power gym

Round 3: Correct me if I am wrong but with the time gym, he could time freeze them and kill them, turn them into babies and kill them, or travel back in time and kill them

#48 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

With the gems he stomps. Without he gets stomped.

#49 Posted by jobiwankenobi (1462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Floopay said:

With the Soul Gem AND the Power Gem, I'd go Thanos. The Runner was the only one who was able to give him any trouble, and he is way faster than anyone here in combat speed IMO. If he didn't have the Soul Gem, I'd give it to the Justice League, but even still that's a rough one to do. It's not his reflexes that are the issue, it's his durability.

• He's proven he has the reflexes necessary to handle the entire Avengers.
  • He's strong enough to beat down a Warrior Madness enhanced Thor nearly to death.
  • His shields, which are part of his standard equipment, have tanked blows from Champion of the Universe when he had the Power Gem.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

Pretty much this.

#50 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Round One... Add Zatanna/some other magic user to attack Thanos while he is being attacked by the heavy hitters+Telepaths and he can be disabled. The few people that had some degree of success against Thanos/ are useful to Thanos are high end magic users. While Thanos has experience in magic, he is not a superb magic user on the level of Dr Strange or Dr Fate. So, I think this could be advantageous in a battle.

Otherwise Thanos is too fast and powerful for a physical confrontation.

Round 2 &3:

Why do you keep giving him gems? They make him pretty much invincible.