#1 Edited by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

There are 3 rounds 

ROUND 1: Thanos VS. Green Phoenix 

ROUND 2: Thanos VS. Dark Phoenix 

ROUND 3: Thanos VS. White Phoenix 

Battle takes place in Space. The Infinity Gauntlet is allowed, but please try not to use it if necessary.

#2 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

As much as I like Thanos, he would be unable to defeate any Phoenix with some sort of aid . . 

Green: Prep Time (1 day) or Cosmic Cube or Infinity Gauntlet
Dark: Prep Time (1 week) or Cosmic Cube or Infinity Gauntlet
White: Infinity Gauntlet only.

#3 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba: Yea thats kind of what I thought to but. How powerful is White Phoenix? 
#4 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47

It is difficult to gauge, because the X-men writers (where Phoenix usually is) seems to be just under the Living Tribunal the way they write her, but based on the intent of the character I think she should be a few levels bellow that.  Say above Galactus, but bellow Eternity/Infinity, Lord Chaos/Master Order . . . about on par with Death.
#5 Edited by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio
@Tevnoba: So out of all the Phoenix's, the White is the most powerful? Also Thanos has taken down Galactus. Im kind of confused on power rankings at the moment.
#6 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (3022 posts) - - Show Bio
Thanos VS. Green Phoenix 

Thanos VS. Dark Phoenix 

Thanos VS. White Phoenix......with infinity gaunlet....probably without
#7 Posted by Shadowglenn (581 posts) - - Show Bio
@Petey_is_Spidey: thanos isn't beating any phoenix without prep or a power item like the ig
#8 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest I do think this is a really good fight and dont know who would win I want to say Thanos but Jean is good.

#9 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (3022 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowglenn said:
@Petey_is_Spidey: thanos isn't beating any phoenix without prep or a power item like the ig
Yes he could. Hes at least beating green pheonix without an aid. 
#10 Posted by Shadowglenn (581 posts) - - Show Bio
@Petey_is_Spidey: he would have a good fight with green phoenix and may win but he certainly isn't beating white phoenix of the crown without prep.
#11 Edited by jashro44 (25540 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually made a thread about thanos vs dark phoenix. I gave Thanos 3 days to prepare the only way he could win without the gauntlet or other plot devices which make thanos omnipotent or nigh omnipotent would be if he created a power siphoning device like doom did to beyonder. But even that is arguable. I think white crown would stomp thanos though unless he had the infinity gauntlet.

#12 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#13 Posted by lord_oraculous016 (9282 posts) - - Show Bio

the only way that Thanos would ensure total victory is with the HOTU.. 

Thanos with the IG ranking higher than the WPOTC is still debatable 

Phoenix would demolish the rest of Thanos incarnations..

#14 Edited by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

Beats Green Phoenix easily.
Depends on Dark Phoenix.
Wins with the IG.

#15 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

I would definitely place the IG above all incarnations of phoenix. 

Green Phoenix should lose to thanos (he's actually got some power). 

Dark phoenix is obviously way too powerful but with prep thanos can pretty much beat anyone.  A cosmic cube would be more than sufficient. 

White phoenix is again obviously vastly too powerful for a cube but i'd still definitely place it below the infinity gauntlet, even though they never come into contact with eachother. 

Again though, phoenix is one of the really unstable characters who bests the best and is bested by the worst.  I guess thanos is too...damn squirrels.
#16 Posted by GreenFuse (295 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos (no IG) wins against Green Phoenix.
Dark Phoenix wins (no IG). 
Thanos (with IG) beats Dark Phoenix 
White Phoenix wins IG or not. She's an omniversal powerhouse, yes? According to wiki, IG only works in the universe it's from. White Phoenix could probably drag Thanos to another universe or the White Hot Room where the IG may not work. She may even be strong enough to just screw with them directly the way TLT did. 

#17 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#18 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#19 Posted by Augment (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Theoretically... theoretically, the Phoenix has a virtually unlimited source of energy. Therefore, it doesn't matter how many times Thanos 'kills' Jean (which is no easy feat), the PF will revive her. So, unless Thanos can take her apart from either a molecular level or somehow sap the Phoenix Force, I don't see him winning.

He's certainly not winning the 2nd and 3rd round.

#20 Posted by chriskalaani (238 posts) - - Show Bio

he could easily dispose of green and dark phoenix but for the crown one he needs the IG. that being said he would win. THANOS STOMPS