#1 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

Happens on an uninhabited planet no bfr or destroying of the planet.

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42071 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gets destroyed.

#3 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah hanos gets toren apart
#4 Edited by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Take Doomsday and General out of the battle and Thanos will have a really solid chance, otherwise he gets sent back to his mistress in record timing.

#5 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio

Doomsday solos. General/Shaggy Man solos. Juggernaut may be able to solo if he can avoid having his helmet removed. Solomon Grundy can solo depending on how powerful he is.  

@Sexy Merc said:

" Thanos gets destroyed. "
#6 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

How about I add Darkseid to team Thanos? No Omega Beams.

#7 Posted by rangersoul6 (426 posts) - - Show Bio

Juggernaut Solos.

#8 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

Minus HP DD he would clear it yea... 

HP DD can give Thanos a fight by himself though still is below the Titan... 

Thanos can still win though but it's tough
#9 Edited by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio

HP DD or General could solo, probably kill Thanos with a few hits, his durability is laughable

#10 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos loses.

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos loses badly. Either H/P Doomsday or the General could actually solo with little effort.

#12 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
"HP DD or General could solo, probably kill Thanos with a few hits, his durability is laughable "

LMAO... 
this is sad... 

Only HP DD can give Thanos a fight 1-1 here.... without him Thanos no doubt takes LARGE Majority
#13 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:

"HP DD or General could solo, probably kill Thanos with a few hits, his durability is laughable "

I guess so is Surfer's power

and skyfather's too :/  

#14 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: Energy attacks =/= Physical force, Thanos has been busted open by characters that aren't even class 100, also I like how you left out the rest of the Odin fight where Thanos got his ass kicked
#15 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Thor's hammmer: Energy attacks =/= Physical force, Thanos has been busted open by characters that aren't even class 100, also I like how you left out the rest of the Odin fight where Thanos got his ass kicked "

Wrong
#16 Posted by FinalStar86 (8681 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" Thanos loses badly. Either H/P Doomsday or the General could actually solo with little effort. "
Co signed
#17 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
LMAO... this is sad...  Only HP DD can give Thanos a fight 1-1 here.... without him Thanos no doubt takes LARGE Majority "
That shows how little you know about the General. The General took hits from Wonder Woman, Superman, Orion and others and barely anything happened to him. Either of those three would kill Thanos in less than a second.
#18 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786: You are already here. My mistake. Do you have the scan of Thanos getting kicked by SpiderMan? 
#19 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @MrDirector786: You are already here. My mistake. Do you have the scan of Thanos getting kicked by SpiderMan?  "
Yep.

#20 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@FinalStar86 said:
" @Thor's hammmer: Energy attacks =/= Physical force, Thanos has been busted open by characters that aren't even class 100, also I like how you left out the rest of the Odin fight where Thanos got his ass kicked "

I'll post the rest of the fight if you want I'm not saying he's unfazed by sky father's even though odin didn't put him down Thanos kept getting back up. After the first hit when odin got through his sheild's it was a beat down but again thanos like all characters has highes and lows and has taken hits from characters far over 100+
#21 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: Yoohoo, go spidey, go!!! 
=D
#22 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: Yes. SpiderMan owns Thanos! XD
#23 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
" @GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
LMAO... this is sad...  Only HP DD can give Thanos a fight 1-1 here.... without him Thanos no doubt takes LARGE Majority "
That shows how little you know about the General. The General took hits from Wonder Woman, Superman, Orion and others and barely anything happened to him. Either of those three would kill Thanos in less than a second. "

actually it shows how little you know! 
Yea & it was greatly because of his healing factor that he could take those hits. his HF was superb & allowed him to always keep coming.  
 & are'nt we talking about strengh her anyways? LOL  Thanos takes Multiple skyfather level blasts that would no doubt KO any of JLAers you mentioned in 1 shot!  
& in first apperence with general he did'nt ko either WW or Supes at anytime with his strengh... 
His best feat is later on issues when he slams Orion & Supes together once...   

LMAO at last stament! Thanos would defeat all 3 together!!!
#24 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

Did a Thanos fanboy piss you off?

#25 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: lol, i don't know if it's PIS or not, but i would like to save that image. 
=]
#26 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@spidey 15: Same. 
#27 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467: 

in fairness to purple puss spiderman doesn't really apear to have hurt him at all Thor on the other hand seems to have dummied him with 3 hits :D and before anyone says I'm a thanos fanboy I already posted on the first page that he would lose and get toren apart
#28 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer: He at least caused him to flinch, and given that SpiderMan is a 10 tonner, that is one of SpiderMan's more impressive showings. Either that, or it is simply one of Thanos more pathetic showings. 
#29 Posted by MrDirector786 (43371 posts) - - Show Bio
@GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
" @GamorasBigDaddy said:
" @FinalStar86 said:
That shows how little you know about the General. The General took hits from Wonder Woman, Superman, Orion and others and barely anything happened to him. Either of those three would kill Thanos in less than a second. "
actually it shows how little you know! Yea & it was greatly because of his healing factor that he could take those hits. his HF was superb & allowed him to always keep coming.   & are'nt we talking about strengh her anyways? LOL  Thanos takes Multiple skyfather level blasts that would no doubt KO any of JLAers you mentioned in 1 shot!  & in first apperence with general he did'nt ko either WW or Supes at anytime with his strengh... His best feat is later on issues when he slams Orion & Supes together once...    LMAO at last stament! Thanos would defeat all 3 together!!! "
No. Any of those three would really kill Thanos without any effort at all. We already said before that energy blasts are not the same as physical force. He can take energy attacks from Surfer and Odin, but has been harmed by physical force from people less than class 100. H/P Doomsday or the General will kill the fat titan in second.
#30 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio

actually Thanos was playacting the whole thing on Mistress Deaths' behalf... to make his triumph look much more grandeur, this was even discussed by him & mephisto before the fight...

Or else most of the attacks would'nt even budge him in the least at all... 

So all you got is Thanos rolling with all the hits to make it seem there doing better then they should/would... lol  sorry
#31 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Thor's hammmer: He at least caused him to flinch, and given that SpiderMan is a 10 tonner, that is one of SpiderMan's more impressive showings. Either that, or it is simply one of Thanos more pathetic showings.  "

I think he was just jobbing because Thanos has taken physical strikes from Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Drax and the Silver Surfer before without being bloodied so either the righter was just crappin on thanos or Spider man is seceretly a cosmic top tier
#32 Posted by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio

Remember, Spiderman once beat Firelord and had Masterson Thor on the ropes for a bit. He has been written as far exceeding the power he's supposed to actually have on several occasions. Earlier in the fight Hulk was pummeling Thanos mercilessly, and then suddenly he was the size of a mouse and Thanos was there just smiling at him. 

My main point is that using Spiderman as a gauge isn't that useful because his highs and lows are ridiculously extreme. If Thanos is frequently harmed by shots from characters below class 100 then it shouldn't be a problem to find scans of such besides that one of Spiderman. On the other hand, there are also a lot of cases where he has taken physical shots from Thor, Hulk, and Drax without much problem. 

BTW, does Thanos get any kind of tech for this fight? He often has forcefields and some kind of anti-grav unit with him (actually seems kind of odd that a character like him can't fly under his own power). Flying would be tremendously useful here, as none of these opponents can fly or have long ranged attacks.

#33 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @Thor's hammmer: He at least caused him to flinch, and given that SpiderMan is a 10 tonner, that is one of SpiderMan's more impressive showings. Either that, or it is simply one of Thanos more pathetic showings.  "
I think he was just jobbing because Thanos has taken physical strikes from Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Drax and the Silver Surfer before without being bloodied so either the righter was just crappin on thanos or Spider man is seceretly a cosmic top tier "
I know. It was a horrendous writing. I was simply talking up SpiderMan, as I am a fan of his.  

@Freefa11 said:
" Remember, Spiderman once beat Firelord and had Masterson Thor on the ropes for a bit. He has been written as far exceeding the power he's supposed to actually have on several occasions. Earlier in the fight Hulk was pummeling Thanos mercilessly, and then suddenly he was the size of a mouse and Thanos was there just smiling at him.  My main point is that using Spiderman as a gauge isn't that useful because his highs and lows are ridiculously extreme. If Thanos is frequently harmed by shots from characters below class 100 then it shouldn't be a problem to find scans of such besides that one of Spiderman. On the other hand, there are also a lot of cases where he has taken physical shots from Thor, Hulk, and Drax without much problem.  BTW, does Thanos get any kind of tech for this fight? He often has forcefields and some kind of anti-grav unit with him (actually seems kind of odd that a character like him can't fly under his own power). Flying would be tremendously useful here, as none of these opponents can fly or have long ranged attacks. "
SpiderMan defeating Firelord and Masterson were two of the most preposterous PIS/WIS showings in comic history. Period. 
#34 Posted by Achilles. (3847 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos loses badly

#35 Posted by Thor's hammmer (7184 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467 said:
" @Thor's hammmer said:
" @Silver2467 said:
I think he was just jobbing because Thanos has taken physical strikes from Thor, Hercules, Hulk, Drax and the Silver Surfer before without being bloodied so either the righter was just crappin on thanos or Spider man is seceretly a cosmic top tier "
I know. It was a horrendous writing. I was simply talking up SpiderMan, as I am a fan of his.  

@Freefa11 said:
" Remember, Spiderman once beat Firelord and had Masterson Thor on the ropes for a bit. He has been written as far exceeding the power he's supposed to actually have on several occasions. Earlier in the fight Hulk was pummeling Thanos mercilessly, and then suddenly he was the size of a mouse and Thanos was there just smiling at him.  My main point is that using Spiderman as a gauge isn't that useful because his highs and lows are ridiculously extreme. If Thanos is frequently harmed by shots from characters below class 100 then it shouldn't be a problem to find scans of such besides that one of Spiderman. On the other hand, there are also a lot of cases where he has taken physical shots from Thor, Hulk, and Drax without much problem.  BTW, does Thanos get any kind of tech for this fight? He often has forcefields and some kind of anti-grav unit with him (actually seems kind of odd that a character like him can't fly under his own power). Flying would be tremendously useful here, as none of these opponents can fly or have long ranged attacks. "
SpiderMan defeating Firelord and Masterson were two of the most preposterous PIS/WIS showings in comic history. Period.  "

I like Spider man too but I also like thanos as a vilian and I'd rather characters get displayed at there proper power levels than incredible highs and lows so that others can judge the battle properley  

and  making Thanos flinch isn't? Thanos acctually broke a planet just by pushing against drax the destroyer
#36 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3659 posts) - - Show Bio

Clearly anyone who believes that Spidernan can in any physical way harm Thanos should not be reading let alone discussing comic books.

#37 Posted by Mighty Max (460 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gets slaughtered.

#38 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

@Evil Incarnate said:

"How about I add Darkseid to team Thanos? No Omega Beams. "

Darkseid would stomp all over this team, but with Thanos by himself Doomsday or the General (who I hate as a character) could destroy him with little problem.
#39 Posted by Evil Incarnate (3659 posts) - - Show Bio
@stevon: 
Most people I've encountered have said Thanos<<<Darkseid... I've always believed it to be the other way around.
#40 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio
@Evil Incarnate said:
" @stevon:  Most people I've encountered have said Thanos<<<Darkseid... I've always believed it to be the other way around. "

Darkseid has plenty of low showings and gets thrashed by superman and others primarily due to a plot device. He uses avatars in many storylines which are weaker versions of himself, so when he gets fat lips or swollen eyes from people like superman or wonder woman he's usually in the form of an avatar (or if that isn't the case then the writer is smoking something fierce) Darkseid at his best is a god that can take on (and take out) skyfathers like Odin or Zeus.

Thanos usually does well against someone like Silver Surfer (or when he fought Odin) because they project energy blasts, which Thanos' body has been built up to handle. He can take people like Firestorm or Captain Atom but can lose to people like Superman, Martian Manhunter or Wonder Woman because they could slug him with physical punches, which is a big foil for Thanos (he got thrown around by Thor, I unfortunatley don't have many other examples but I'm sure several comicvine members do somewhere).

#41 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Would anybody think Thanos' telepathy gives him an edge over General? I think if he took both Eiling and Juggernaut out with Telepathy, he could barely get out of a fight with Grundy.

Of course DD will pound him into a titan burger, but at least he could lose with less shame and torn limbs, right?

#42 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@Evil Incarnate said:
"Clearly anyone who believes that Spidernan can in any physical way harm Thanos should not be reading let alone discussing comic books. "

LOL, TRUTH
#43 Edited by Freefa11 (2335 posts) - - Show Bio
@stevon: I don't believe I've ever seen Thanos use his telepathy offensively on anyone before. In fact, I didn't even really know he had it. 

I'm not sure where the idea of Thanos being far more resistant to energy attacks than physical ones comes from. If that was ever explained somewhere, please let me know. However, Thanos held his ground for a while against Warrior Madness Thor w/ Power Gem. That's hardly low durability. I think he took a couple hits from Tyrant too, and that's a guy who KO'd Gladiator without much trouble.
#44 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11:
I think he used it offensively against Drax more than once, and he used it to fight back against Moondragon once, but that was also in the 70's. He also used mind control on the fallen one (but it's not really telepathy I think, so it may not count) I don't think he's done offensive like that anywhere else.

Comicvince's posters generally name energy blasts as being different from physical attack, which I've been convinced into believing. Energy wise he's taken on the surfer and odin, which is impressive in that area, but physically he's been hurt by thor in WM state, I think it's been disproven that the power gem itself had much to contribute to the fight, and thor didn't look like he needed to hit him much in order to daze him.  He's also been hurt physically by Drax, Groot looked like he staggered him in the 25th Guardians issue, Gamora drew blood from Thanos in their sparring match, Masterson got Thanos on his knees in the scans on the last page, Hulk and Drax sent him flying too if I'm not mistaken, etc. Energy wise Thanos hasn't had many low showings, but physically he gets hurt by several people that are below odin or surfer, so I think that's where it comes from. 

I don't own anything from the tyrant saga so I didn't know thanos took punches from him.
#45 Posted by GamorasBigDaddy (2818 posts) - - Show Bio
@Freefa11 said:
"@stevon: I don't believe I've ever seen Thanos use his telepathy offensively on anyone before. In fact, I didn't even really know he had it.  I'm not sure where the idea of Thanos being far more resistant to energy attacks than physical ones comes from. If that was ever explained somewhere, please let me know. However, Thanos held his ground for a while against Warrior Madness Thor w/ Power Gem. That's hardly low durability. I think he took a couple hits from Tyrant too, and that's a guy who KO'd Gladiator without much trouble. "

He TP was directly used against the Maker, also FallenOne...Even Drax before... 
Thanos's durability is basically exactly the same to either...In fact he possible has the greatest feat of durability to someone so strong before w/Magus w/InfinityGaunlet(Minus Realitygem)...Takeing a DIRECT pissed off hit from Magus...It dazed him only  some & was able to get right back up...Remember how that Thanos casually destroyed Cap's shield like nothing w/IG...That's a true feat there, since anyone else there would of had there Head taken clean off or completely smashed in... 
#46 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

@spidey 15 said:

" @Silver2467: lol, i don't know if it's PIS or not, but i would like to save that image. =] "

Considering he's packing the Infinity Gauntlet and one shotted the most powerful beings in the universe with it, I'd be willing to bet there's a little PIS.  
Heck when he slaughters all the heroes he's seemingly only using the Power Gem showboating his power, punching holes into the SS, turning Thunderstrike into glass and such.    
#47 Edited by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

Suprise suprise. Thanos' only low showings are being posted here to make him seem less than he actually is. 

Thanos didn't go down against the Walker who would blink this team out of existence and was portrayed superior to Genis and Thor. Now tell me how my logic is different than yours low-ballers?
#48 Posted by Silver2467 (16527 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thor's hammmer said:
and  making Thanos flinch isn't? Thanos acctually broke a planet just by pushing against drax the destroyer 
I already said that it was horrendous writing. 
#49 Edited by RiseofApocalypse (3992 posts) - - Show Bio

It was a moon Thor's hammer. And before Thanos's upgrades.