• 110 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

VS

Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Maxima

Random encounter, everyone in character, but fighting seriously and highly motivated to win. Standard equipment, no BFR, pre-52 DC characters.

Can my DC Green Team win this?

#2 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos gets his purple ass whooped

#3 Posted by spawn_123 (1693 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrtrickster said:

thanos gets his purple ass whooped

This

#4 Posted by Immortal777 (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins only one I see going down is Hal.

#5 Posted by King Saturn (224265 posts) - - Show Bio
Green Lantern Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter and Maxima for the win. 
The Mad Titan aka Thanos is a Powerhouse... but the combined efforts of this DC Team would overtake The Purple Palooka. 
#6 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is a major team busting bully.... so it would be nice if someone expanded on their answers, because I don't see it being so cut and dry.

#7 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. He's had greater challenges than these 3. Thanos is a team buster wether people want to believe that or not. Logically he is the victor. He's tanked blasts from Odin and destroyed SS people are underestimating Thanos.

#8 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

I take it he is resistant to TK? Even so, the team should win this.

#9 Posted by Immortal777 (7624 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter is a team buster so I guess that means he solos.

#10 Posted by pooty (11236 posts) - - Show Bio

If they fought the way we(comicvine users) would fight then they would win. But they will fight how they usually do and lose. Thanos wins

#11 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Immortal777 said:

Martian Manhunter is a team buster so I guess that means he solos.

This is true (the part about him being a teambuster himself). MMH is one of the few heroes that can solo the JLA.

Can Thanos stand up to a combined TP attack from MMH and Maxima?

#12 Posted by menaceforever (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gets mindf*cked.

#13 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

#14 Posted by Assman (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be a great battle.

#15 Posted by Malevolent1 (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't see the team beating Thanos. Those three combined are enormously powerful.

But Thanos? I doubt it very seriously. This is the guy that was mopping the floor with the Cancerverse tough guys.

#16 Posted by _Black (2302 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

The Mad Titan aka Thanos is a Powerhouse... but the combined efforts of this DC Team would overtake The Purple Palooka.

Purple Palooka? Nice.

#17 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

#18 Posted by crabtree (1623 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins.

#19 Posted by whydama (1093 posts) - - Show Bio

Maxima gets trapped in a block of pure force like Thor.

MM and GL then have to deal with Planet Busting attacks. It wont turn out well for them

#20 Posted by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Good one. 
Hal is non factor, all depends on Martian's and MAxima's telepathy, but TI Thanos was able to block telepathy  of three high level telepaths in the same time. One of them was Moondragon, so I doubt that this two will do any better. 
Thanos wins, but it won't be easy.

#21 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal plus MM plus Maxima equals Silver Surfer. Roughly. That isn't close to enough to be able to take down Thanos. He has handled far more powerful teams, all with more powerful individual abilities. Moondragon's TP is greater than MM's by quite a lot even without the mind gem, he smacked around Drax with the power gem, Thor , pretty much all of Galactus's heralds, this isn't even close. Thanos has massive TP resistance, greater durability and strength than anyone here, nearly impenetrable autoshields, massive experience advantage, a massive technological advantage, and enough extra abilities that even Manhunter looks like a one-trick pony next to him. This group has almost no way to win here, and I hate saying that when Hal's on the team, but it's true.

#22 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

any of those three have feats that demonstrate they EASILY could solo so long as thanos doesn't have an item

#23 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

None of these 3 characters are soloing Thanos. ROFL!

#24 Posted by bonesboy08 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub: hal jordan definitely could

#25 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

If you think that you are delusional. Hal Jordan Dies.

#26 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1529 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonesboy08: Are you freaking serious?

You are the same guy saying MMH would stomp SS.

Just leave.

#27 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

@bonesboy08 said:

As much as I like Hal (which is a lot), he cant solo Thanos.

Question: Assuming Thanos can resist the combined TP of MMH and Maxima, how does he deal with MMH's intangibility? Also, can Thanos stand the combined physical attacks from all 3, who are at or near Superman-levels in strength and speed?

#28 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Thanos wins.

#29 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@bonesboy08 said:

Question: Assuming Thanos can resist the combined TP of MMH and Maxima, how does he deal with MMH's intangibility? Also, can Thanos stand the combined physical attacks from all 3, who are at or near Superman-levels in strength and speed?

Thanos can resist their tp...

Moondragon has easily superior tp to MM and Maxima...

She couldn't even match him with the mind gem.

As far as their combined strength, I'll have to go with yes. Most of these are superior to any attacks the team can muster (even combined). And this doesn't even account for his shields which can take even more.

Stops Mjolnir with no trouble...

Takes Surfer's best blast without shields...

Takes Mjolnir to the face unshielded from Warrior Madness Thor (X10 strength) with the power gem ...

Soaks Tyrant's best attack...

And if none of those are enough, how about Odin?...

Thanos stalemates Odin here. They stopped to avoid destroying Asgard. He's also stalemated Zeus. The combined team are nowhere near Skyfather level. Thanos has proved that he is.

As far as MM's intangibility, I'll say that Thanos' atomic level matter manip should be enough. Like transmogrification to stone...

or subatomically restructuring Fallen One's brain to brainwash him...

#30 Posted by usmuscle (109 posts) - - Show Bio

The mad Titan destroys them.

#31 Posted by Switchdoctor (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod: Moondragon has easily superior telepathy to MM and Maxima?

I don't see anything in what you've posted there that would lead one to make that conclusion. In addition to Orion and Brainwave, Maxima has easily taken out the Brainiac from Panic In The Sky. Brainiac's feats from that era equal or surpass Moondragon's.

#32 Edited by stonerthps (734 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos gonna stomp.

@WillPayton said:

@bonesboy08 said:

Thanos transcends reality. Going intangible isn't gonna help MM at all.

#33 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Thanos wins.

#34 Posted by laflux (16191 posts) - - Show Bio

the answer to this battle lies in my avatar

#35 Posted by darktiger (4617 posts) - - Show Bio

@King Saturn said:

agreed my friend

#36 Posted by Billy Batson (58062 posts) - - Show Bio

J'onzz solos.
BB

#37 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Switchdoctor said:

I don't see anything in what you've posted there that would lead one to make that conclusion. In addition to Orion and Brainwave, Maxima has easily taken out the Brainiac from Panic In The Sky. Brainiac's feats from that era equal or surpass Moondragon's.

Yes. Of course nothing posted here shows that, it presumes you already know Moondragon's feats and is to establish Thanos' tp resistance, not her. She has intergalactic feats, has affected mechanicals and completely nonsentient materials, affected cosmics...Brainiac had nothing close. And Maxima was not doing any of that alone, nor has she had matching feats since. Neither she nor Manhunter are in Moondragon's league.

#38 Posted by Shawnbaby (10799 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos has this

#39 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe the stupidity in this thread....Thanos stomps these guys hard. If this was the actual Justice League vs Thanos then it would be a tougher fight but come on guys.

#40 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

If I said that Ironman, Scarlett Witch, and Vision would beat Darkseid there would be about 30 pages of crying to follow it up

#41 Posted by Switchdoctor (463 posts) - - Show Bio

@yodagod said:

@Switchdoctor said:

Yes. Of course nothing posted here shows that, it presumes you already know Moondragon's feats and is to establish Thanos' tp resistance, not her. She has intergalactic feats, has affected mechanicals and completely nonsentient materials, affected cosmics...Brainiac had nothing close. And Maxima was not doing any of that alone, nor has she had matching feats since. Neither she nor Manhunter are in Moondragon's league.

I know the Moondragon encounters that some people use to pump Thanos's tires, but Thanos was either in possession of the cosmic cube, or had some other power-up that isn't part of his regular power set. As far as Moondragon goes on her own, the most relevant feat is the planet wide one from an old Avengers comic where she beds Thor. That's probably her best, but people tend to exaggerate that feat. In any case, Brainiac has done the planet wide mind control feat before on Colu. He also punked out New Gods casually back then, one of which was Metron who was in his Mobius chair. So no, you're totally wrong when it comes to talking about Brainiac.

#42 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't believe this isn't locket yet. Thanos obviously stomps!

#43 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

I can't believe this isn't locket yet. Thanos obviously stomps!

Because some people actually thinks he loses, I can't believe mods haven't closed this yet

#44 Posted by Shawnbaby (10799 posts) - - Show Bio

The most obvious comparison to make is "How well would these 3 do against Darkseid under the same conditions?" It's a little on the ABC side of things but I'd say its applicable.

Personally, I think Darkseid would stomp them.

#45 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby I totally agree. Darkseid=Thanos. People can't seem to get that Thanos is a team buster. This isn't even close. People saying otherwise are either haters of Thanos or not knowledgeable of Thanos. Another thread that should've been locked a while ago.

#46 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

@Shawnbaby I totally agree. Darkseid=Thanos. People can't seem to get that Thanos is a team buster. This isn't even close. People saying otherwise are either haters of Thanos or not knowledgeable of Thanos. Another thread that should've been locked a while ago.

Being a "team buster" is meaningless. Martian Manhunter is a team buster.

#47 Posted by society619 (933 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Martian Manhunter would get his face smashed in by Thanos. This is the same guy who killed Surfer with minimal effort

#48 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5078 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos>>>>>MM. MM isn't on Thanos level.

#49 Posted by WillPayton (9500 posts) - - Show Bio

@society619 said:

@WillPayton said:

@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub said:

Martian Manhunter would get his face smashed in by Thanos. This is the same guy who killed Surfer with minimal effort

And, why are you telling me this?

#50 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Switchdoctor said:

I know the Moondragon encounters that some people use to pump Thanos's tires, but Thanos was either in possession of the cosmic cube, or had some other power-up that isn't part of his regular power set. As far as Moondragon goes on her own, the most relevant feat is the planet wide one from an old Avengers comic where she beds Thor. That's probably her best, but people tend to exaggerate that feat. In any case, Brainiac has done the planet wide mind control feat before on Colu. He also punked out New Gods casually back then, one of which was Metron who was in his Mobius chair. So no, you're totally wrong when it comes to talking about Brainiac.

I don't think you do. In some instances he does have something extra (cosmic cube, reality gem, etc...), but not all. He's resisted her and other high level telepaths with just his own telepathy and will a few times. Moondragon has much more than just planetary feats (the only thing that Manhunter or Maxima have.) She has galactic feats (calling out from her dead ship), she has inter galactic feats. This is simple fanboy DC telepaths are better cuz they're DC crap. They look better sometimes because so few DC characters have the tp resistance that Marvel characters have. When Maxima or Manhunter can use tp to affect someone at Galactus' level or unite minds not just across the planet but from one end of the universe to the other, then we'll talk. Hell, Xavier's done those things and everyone, including Xavier himself consider Moondragon his telepathic superior. Mantis is more on par with MM and Maxima and Thanos had no trouble with her. Do you seriously think someone who is a match for two Skyfathers would ever be in any danger here? It's ridiculous.