• 52 results
  • 1
  • 2
Posted by russellmania77 (15841 posts) 1 year, 6 months ago

Poll: Thanos vs galactus (movie versions) (24 votes)

Thanos 21%
Galactus 71%
#1 Posted by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (6469 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure how this is possible since Thanos only had a cameo.

#2 Posted by reikai (4704 posts) - - Show Bio

And all Galactus did was ready up to suck the Earth dry of its energy. He didn't actually fight and got cosmic-ported across the galaxy away from Earth by the Surfer.

Online
#3 Edited by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

Meteor Man wins.

#4 Posted by reikai (4704 posts) - - Show Bio
Online
#5 Edited by TifaLockhart (14167 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: not if C-knocker has anything to say about it.

#6 Edited by FrozenPhoenix (1722 posts) - - Show Bio

Stan Lee wins.

#7 Posted by russellmania77 (15841 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by Pokeysteve (8687 posts) - - Show Bio

Voted for Thanos because Galactus hasn't appeared in a movie yet.

If this was Thanos vs Planet-Devouring-Cloud" maybe I'd have voted differently.

#9 Edited by MirrorWave4 (1099 posts) - - Show Bio

@pokeysteve: I'm gonna vote Superman crap-stomps Thanos a year from now.

#10 Posted by russellmania77 (15841 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Pokeysteve (8687 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos "movie version" ? lol

#13 Posted by dondave (38897 posts) - - Show Bio

All Thanos has done is turn his head and smile, Galactus has at least done something

#14 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

#15 Posted by Abocado (666 posts) - - Show Bio

IF APPEARANCE, BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING TO DEBATE, THE BIG-G.

#16 Edited by MasterKungFu (2825 posts) - - Show Bio

even then despite the brief appearances, it's Galactus. one can only assume they have the same purpose like in the comics

#17 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4868 posts) - - Show Bio

@masterkungfu: if you know it is a mismatch why did you bump it?

#18 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos would win. He would turn his head and smile at galactus thus defeating him.

Online
#19 Posted by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we know Galactus can consume planets, we have no idea what Thanos can do. Galactus wins by default.

#20 Posted by Experio (17240 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#21 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

Online
#22 Posted by ShootingNova (19071 posts) - - Show Bio

At least we know Galactus can consume planets, we have no idea what Thanos can do. Galactus wins by default.

#23 Edited by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@experio: I swear to god there is always somebody who post batman in every single battle on the vine even if it has nothing to do with batman. And it makes me crack up every time. Lmao

Online
#24 Posted by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

#25 Posted by Experio (17240 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: hehe....only in obvious answer threads in my case.

#26 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: yes he does have feats. He can smile. Thus his power level automatically above galactus. :P

thor is suppose to go warriors madness in thor 3 so I think when he finds out Odin is dead that's when he will go warriors madness. I think he will get ahold of Odin force but thanos will have the power gems after that happens.

Online
#27 Edited by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: yes he does have feats. He can smile. Thus his power level automatically above galactus. :P

thor is suppose to go warriors madness in thor 3 so I think when he finds out Odin is dead that's when he will go warriors madness. I think he will get ahold of Odin force but thanos will have the power gems after that happens.

Yeah I could see that.

#28 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23001 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes said:

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

How is Odin dead? I thought Loki just replaced him. Forgive me I was near falling asleep during Thor 2 and have only seen it once.

#29 Posted by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@those_eyes said:

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

How is Odin dead? I thought Loki just replaced him. Forgive me I was near falling asleep during Thor 2 and have only seen it once.

Anthony Hopkins said so in an interview.

#30 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: @allstarsuperman: how on earth was Loki able to take out Odin though? my theory. Loki actually died but made a deal with hela that he would kill Odin to replace himself. So Loki had to of gotten hold of one of the artifacts in Asgard to use it against Odin. I just don't see how Loki could have overpowered him any other way.

Online
#31 Posted by MasterKungFu (2825 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23001 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@rogueshadow said:

@those_eyes said:

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

How is Odin dead? I thought Loki just replaced him. Forgive me I was near falling asleep during Thor 2 and have only seen it once.

Anthony Hopkins said so in an interview.

ehh, this is the marvel universe nobody other than Iron Man villains can die.

#33 Edited by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@rogueshadow said:

@those_eyes said:

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

How is Odin dead? I thought Loki just replaced him. Forgive me I was near falling asleep during Thor 2 and have only seen it once.

Anthony Hopkins said so in an interview.

ehh, this is the marvel universe nobody other than Iron Man villains can die.

Have you heard the theories about Red Skull being Thanos?

#34 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: wtf! If they make red skull be thanos I will legit walk out of the movie. You mean like red skull turned into thanos or thanos was pretending to be red skull? Either way I walk out.

Online
#35 Edited by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: wtf! If they make red skull be thanos I will legit walk out of the movie. You mean like red skull turned into thanos or thanos was pretending to be red skull? Either way I walk out.

Red Skull was sucked across the Universe by the Space stone and basically became a conqueror of worlds and has eventually become Thanos.

I don't buy it, but it's a theory rocking around.

I'd much rather see him return in Cap 3, Hugo Weaving isn't particularly interested in returning but they could easily recast him.

#36 Posted by AllStarSuperman (23001 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman said:

@rogueshadow said:

@allstarsuperman said:

@rogueshadow said:

@those_eyes said:

@rogueshadow: depends if they make him a prep master like the comics. But I have a feeling they are just going to make him a brute.

All I'm saying is he has no feats at all, no way to even vaguely scope in on his power levels, but at least we know Galactus was a world destroyer.

I think he'll be both, he's the mastermind behind Avengers, GOTG and probably Thor 3, but I feel like he'll be a powerhouse as well, above Hulk and Thor, unless he gets the Odin Force soon considering Odin is dead.

How is Odin dead? I thought Loki just replaced him. Forgive me I was near falling asleep during Thor 2 and have only seen it once.

Anthony Hopkins said so in an interview.

ehh, this is the marvel universe nobody other than Iron Man villains can die.

Have you heard the theories about Red Skull being Thanos?

no

#37 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I think I'm going to be sick. Even the mere theory of that makes me upset. Lol comic fans will rage harder than a steelix caught in blizzard from articuno while using the move harden.

Online
#38 Posted by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@rogueshadow: I think I'm going to be sick. Even the mere theory of that makes me upset. Lol comic fans will rage harder than a steelix caught in blizzard from articuno while using the move harden.

I feel like that has something to do with Pokemon, therefore it goes completely over my head, lol. But I understand the sentiment.

#39 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

IIRC, both are lacking feats.

#40 Posted by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

@overlordargeist: no they don't. It's already been confirmed that thanos's smile is reality warping.

Online
#41 Edited by OverLordArhas (7793 posts) - - Show Bio

no they don't. It's already been confirmed that thanos's smile is reality warping.

#42 Posted by jaxthejester_2014 (212 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote for the smoke monster from Lost (also known as FF2 Galactus) ftw.

#43 Edited by those_eyes (8132 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll vote for the smoke monster from Lost (also known as FF2 Galactus) ftw.

@

Online
#44 Edited by jaxthejester_2014 (212 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by XiiX (9474 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

All Thanos has done is turn his head and smile, Galactus has at least done something

#46 Posted by Shawnbaby (10869 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: @rogueshadow: Those "theories" were started by non-comic readers that saw Thanos at the end of Avengers and said "he looks like red skull"

#47 Posted by Wolverine08 (45689 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@dondave said:

All Thanos has done is turn his head and smile, Galactus has at least done something

Online
#48 Posted by RogueShadow (11981 posts) - - Show Bio

@those_eyes: @rogueshadow: Those "theories" were started by non-comic readers that saw Thanos at the end of Avengers and said "he looks like red skull"

I saw them on KM so that makes sense. I wasn't positing them as valid theories, more hypotheses really.

#49 Posted by Awesomedude (2147 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't seen anything from Thanos, so I'll say Galan.

#50 Posted by jagernutt (3185 posts) - - Show Bio