Thanos Vs. Doomsday

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DocFatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By DocFatalis

@logy5000 said:

@DocFatalis: After that, Doomsday would become immune to it.

Why? Thanos wouldn't kill him, just use him. Why would he adapt to something doing him no harm, just forcing him to attack others? Maybe he would adapt to the powers of the people Thanos would make him attack, but nothing more.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@DocFatalis: Doomsday adapts to any problem. Just like here:

No Caption Provided

See? He adapted to Martian Manhunter and gained heat vision to fit the situation.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By whydama
No Caption Provided

@YoungJustice said:

I dont think Thanos can do anything to finish off Doomsday.

Thanos can kill immortal creatures

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Killemall

What makes people think Doomsday is an actual immortal given the fact that Doomsday has died permanently before, once during Hunter/ Prey saga, and the only reason he came back was Zero Hour made everything happen a second time and Braniac was able to save him from dying by being BFRed into entropy.

The second time Doomsday died, permanently, was during Our World At War in the hands of Imperix Prime. The only reason Doomsday came back was thanks to Lex Luthor who who recreated it using Superman's DNA, however, this re-creation was flawed and was no where close to the original and named Doomsday Rex.

Granted Thanos cannot match either the power of Entropy nor the powers of Imperix Prime, but Doomsday being immune to death or immortal is a little faulty.

Also its not like Doomsday comes instantly back to life. He did not come instantly back to life after he died in Death of Superman, nor did he come back to life instantly after he died during Our world at war (where he was killed permanently) , neither did it come back to life after it died in (Superman: New Krypton). They all had the time to move on, why would anyone fighting Doomsday here in a battle thread have the same luxury.

It has always taken Doomsday substantial amount of time to come back to life and hence its not a feasible strategy in a fight since we dont expect Thanos or anyone else in a battle to wait few years (or however long it take for Doomsday) to come back to life to resume the fight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: I don't think Doomsday is immortal, but he always comes back immune. Except Hunter Prey DD.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By a88378438

well,thanos and dd both was stronger than superman,but thanos has other power i think thanos can take this

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: I don't think Doomsday is immortal, but he always comes back immune. Except Hunter Prey DD.

Well what i was pointing to is, when Doomsday comes back to life he becomes immune to whatever killed him. But unlike Thanos, once killed Doomsday doesnt instantly come back to life, in fact we dont know how long it takes from him to come back to life. Comic book history shows he doesnt come back to life for about 2 years (as in killed in 1992 comes back in 1995) i think thats just too long a wait in a battle.

Once killed, people just move on in comics. Like the way 1000 Kryptonian killed Doomsday, they moved on , no one waited years for Doomsday to come back to life. I see no reason why in a battle thread it would be different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Even if it is a long wait, he'll eventually come back. It's sort of inevitable.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: Even if it is a long wait, he'll eventually come back. It's sort of inevitable.

Yes we would come back, he normally does come back, but woulnt you think rather than saying Thanos kills Doomsday and waits for few years so Doomsday can come back to life to see who wins it would be more convenient so say Thanos kills doomsday, and leaves, since Doomsday isnt coming back to life any time soon, its should be a win.

I dont think thats only a thing for a Thanos vs Doomsday fight, but that should always be true. Waiting years for a combatant to come back to life to resume battle isnt really a feasible strategy, specially since every time this happens in comics, people just move one to the next story arc.

Avatar image for azathoth_the_dread_sleeper
Azathoth_The_Dread_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in a stomp.

MasterM0r0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By MasterM0r0n

THANOS

Thanos creams Doomsday a good spanking and then he battle field removes him into an endless abyss of Hell.

Thanos has too much technology.

p0st by,

Master M0r0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: I'm not sure that it actually takes DD years to return. The time that elapses outside the comics isn't the same as the time that elapses within the comics themselves.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: I'm not sure that it actually takes DD years to return. The time that elapses outside the comics isn't the same as the time that elapses within the comics themselves.

Isnt that exactly what i am saying, we dont know how long it takes for Doomsday to come back to life, but we know for certain its not a short period of time, and we know its long enough for people to move on from that story arc to the next, why should it be any different in a battle forum?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Sure, they could move on, but DD will come back eventually. And then he'll die again, then they'll move on again, and then he'll come back again. It's a cycle.

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By z3ro180

does doomsday have a golden ball protector...the answer would be no he doesnt so Thanos wins.

a88378438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By a88378438

dd as strong as thanos thanos stronger than superman....he rape planet so easily...

antiwhipped

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By antiwhipped

Thanos Stomps on Doomsday. Then collects the infinity gems and erases doomsday when he shows up again.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By whydama

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: Sure, they could move on, but DD will come back eventually. And then he'll die again, then they'll move on again, and then he'll come back again. It's a cycle.

like Charles Xavier?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

Doomsday cannot be killed by physical force as he is immune to it. Telepathy won't work because his mind is too corrupted to be controlled. Anyways, even if Thanos does win, Doomsday will come back more powerful than he was.

Thanos might win the 1st few rounds, but in the end Doomsday will triumph.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By whydama

@logy5000 said:

Bump.

Doomsday cannot be killed by physical force as he is immune to it. Telepathy won't work because his mind is too corrupted to be controlled. Anyways, even if Thanos does win, Doomsday will come back more powerful than he was.

Thanos might win the 1st few rounds, but in the end Doomsday will triumph.

Thanos will kill Doomsday the first round, it will take a long time for Doomsday. Meanwhile Thanos acquires the power of Entropy. Doomsday cant overcome entropy so he dies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@whydama: And he'd become immune to that after he dies.

Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Alice_Summers

Thanos get THOU

/debate.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By dondave

@logy5000:Since it takes some time for Doomsday to come back, this essentially gives thanos prep & as we all know with prep thanos can do anything, he'll come up with a way to permanently kill DD

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps the PISday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: Unless he can conjure up some Loeb logic, he can't permanently kill Doomsday.

@Alice_Summers: Yet another person who thinks Thanos keeps the HOTU in his back pocket.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By dondave

@logy5000:he can go the Imperiex route, im sure he can find at lest the infinity gauntlet or cosmic cube in the time it takes for DD to come back

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: If Thanos is allowed to have that stuff then this is a mismatch.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@whydama: And he'd become immune to that after he dies.

The whole problem with this is, Thanos in Thanos Imperative killed people who simply cannot die. Being an avatar of death there is a lot Thanos can do, which i do not see Doomsday as having an answer to. Sure if they fight in a h2h thanos is well screwed!

Also i do not know where people get the complete immunity from. Doomsday has been killed by an energy attack twice, and physical force 3 time. Contrary to what bios have stated we have clear indication that Doomsday doesnt come virtually immune to whatever kills him.

Also as indicated above, he has never come back to life in a short period of time and takes age. I think saying Doomsday comes back to life after ages doesnt change the fact that Thanos killed him to being with.

To add, Thanos himself cant die and has healed within seconds.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By dondave

@logy5000:DD coming back back & being immune and the way he died before could be counted as mismatch as well

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Doomsday contains many inconsistencies, but he was originally written so that he can't be killed the same way twice. Sure, Thanos can't die, but I don't think Doomsday will stay dead.

@dondave: Sure, but Imperiex killed him to the point that he couldn't come back. (That was Loeb logic, but still.) Thanos w/ cosmic cube, gems, IG, and HOTU would dwarf Imperiex.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: Doomsday contains many inconsistencies, but he was originally written so that he can't be killed the same way twice. Sure, Thanos can't die, but I don't think Doomsday will stay dead.

I for one dont see what inconsistency you are talking about. Doomsday not being able to killed the say way twice was a statement made in comics, contradicted by his showings. I dont see a inconsistency there.

Not to mention, you did not address, Thanos's ability to kill being that were devoid of death during Thanos Imperative. His connection to death can achieve thing normal people cant.

Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Alice_Summers

@logy5000:He can get it with prep, it's not like Doomsday is smart enough to track down Thanos.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Killemall

@Alice_Summers said:

@logy5000:9e can get it with prep, it's not like Doomsday is smart enough to track down Thanos.

Battle forum dictate fight takes place with standard equipment, since those are not stardard for Thanos saying he could get them for the fight is unfair. That would technically make the Illumanity (Iron Man, Fantastic Four etc) the most powerful people as they can get IG, UN or cosmic cube in a fight, its just in their headquarter anyways.

Alice_Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Alice_Summers

@Killemall: lol hey it would be IC for Thanos to do it if nothing else can kill DD.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Killemall

@Alice_Summers said:

@Killemall: lol hey it would be IC for Thanos to do it if nothing else can kill DD.

Doomsday has been killed by Imperix and getting BFRed to entropy, Thanos for one could BFR doomsday to say Surtur's realm, or cancerverse or death's domain those should eventually kill him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@logy5000 said:

I for one dont see what inconsistency you are talking about. Doomsday not being able to killed the say way twice was a statement made in comics, contradicted by his showings. I dont see a inconsistency there.

Not to mention, you did not address, Thanos's ability to kill being that were devoid of death during Thanos Imperative. His connection to death can achieve thing normal people cant.

Exactly my point. His showings are not consistent with his supposed abilities.

And it's perfectly normal to kill Doomsday, I just don't know whether Doomsday will STAY dead.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Killemall

@logy5000: I think you missed my point, people from cancerverse where incapable of being permanently killed as well, because thanks to many angled one (a bunch of old extremely powerful gods) they managed to kill their version of death (so no one can stay dead). But even then Thanos was able to kill them , and it was explained because he was the avatar of death and hence had the ability to permanently kill people who are unkillable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall: Well then, if that's the case, my vote changes to Thanos.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Klandicar said:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
It would be like a repeat of this without the talking. Except Champion had planet busting power and Doomsday doesnt....Thanos stomps.

Though I've changed my vote to Thanos, might I say that Doomsday would put up a better fight than that.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Freefa11

@logy5000 said:

No, originally Doomsday was written to basically be a force of nature with enough power to beat Superman to death. All the spontaneous-evolution nonsense didn't come up until Hunter/Prey, and even then, it has never been implemented the way the dialogue (mostly Waverider's, I think) suggested. So there isn't really that much inconsistency in how he actually functions, it seems more like Waverider was wrong or grossly exaggerating when saying he could not be killed the same way twice.

Regardless, it does take DD time to recover. If Thanos kills him in their encounter, that means he won. If DD comes back months or years later, that doesn't change the fact Thanos won the first time, it just means DD is getting a rematch. That's assuming DD actually has the means and awareness to somehow find and reach Thanos (which he frankly doesn't).

Plus, Thanos should be capable of BFRing him long-term. He could probably drop him off at the heat-death of the universe, like they did in Hunter/Prey (although I don't know why a black hole wouldn't suffice), or trap him in an endless transporter loop like in Doomsday War. I also wouldn't be surprised if Thanos attempted to implant him with some sort of mind-control device to make him his slave.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Freefa11: You make a good argument, but as for the last part......mind control isn't an option.

Vouile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Vouile
Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Freefa11

@logy5000: It doesn't have to be mental-based mind-control, it could be more of a physiology based body-control. Doomsday obviously still has some sort of ability to send signals to his limbs to make them move in a manner of his choosing. Building some sort of device to co-opt those signals should be well within Thanos' abilities (I mean, Annihilus was able to do something like that with worms to characters like Terrax and Moondragon).

imabeast7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By imabeast7

thanos doesnt need bfr to win this. ppl are silly. thanos has taken blasts from galactus. thanos would win several fights if not all of them. he'd figure a way after beating him 100 times a 100 diff ways to trap him forever so not to deal with him again. fight over

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By XiiX

Thanos(most recently) gets his ass beat. And frankly(assuming he has been), I'm so GLAD Thanos has been nerfed. The fan-wanking was getting damn near intolerable.

torzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By torzone

Oh God...Thanos

drd0spt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well i was reading this thread and what i see is not people that want to know what is the true result of a possible battle between thanos and doomsday but , mixed feelings , egos, and alot x5555550003399 times of wrong information, well facts:
As other people stated i aint gonna go back just read the post before this one, doomsday as died before and was saved or reconstructed by other people, and even if he was immortal ok we are talking about a dude that can deliver true death in death realm , that have the power to snap fingers and wipe out half of the universe, that fought galactus and won, that with the gautlet can control time, space, etc, thanos can kill or just trap or reverse engenieer doomsday in soo many forms and this is from a non bias view , i dont even like thanos as a character, this is a stupid battle u cant put a character like doomsday vs thanos that can travel to universes destroy universes is just stupid , thanos can die too ofc, he can fight and die vs the The one above all or the living tribunal but doomsday he is not even top 10 on the most powerfull characters loolol

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@xiix said:

Thanos(most recently) gets his ass beat. And frankly(assuming he has been), I'm so GLAD Thanos has been nerfed. The fan-wanking was getting damn near intolerable.

I agree.