• 64 results
#1 Posted by stevon (1022 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos vs. Despero

this is purely a telepath battle, no physical fighting/etc.

whoever shuts the others mind down/ kills the other opponent wins

#2 Posted by Ziro (1352 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say Despero.
#3 Posted by King Saturn (223816 posts) - - Show Bio
I will take Despero here... wont be easy though Thanos isnt a slouch with Psionics either... 
#4 Posted by Hellos (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

Ziro I am seeing tripple! 
Guess its that time when things get all glitchy, anyways I would probably toss my vote towards Despero.
#5 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero can't even beat a starfish in a telepathic battle and he is supposed to beat a Titan?

"Too easy".
#6 Posted by FLCL1 (9580 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziro said:
" I'll say Despero. "
#7 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero

#8 Edited by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper:
what would be despero's greatest tp feats btw?
#9 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero. And he ain't dead. He pulled one on Starro. 

#10 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@capall said:
" @vuviper: what would be despero's greatest tp feats btw? "
Hm I'm thinking probably defeating Aquaman and Martian Manhunter simultaneously in a telepathic battle (Martian Manhunter's telepathic defenses can hold of dozens of white martians who have consumed human telepathic brains in order to allow their mind controlling abilities to extend across galaxies) 
 Then going on to mind control the rest of league  

I don't know how much of a feat this is, but he also resisted a starro to the face...
#11 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Despero. And he ain't dead. He pulled one on Starro.  "
Starro still destroyed him.  There ain't no redeeming himself from how bad Starro stomped him.
#12 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Tricking a telepath on Starro's level is pretty impressive, nonetheless. Starro's stomped entire civilizations. 

#13 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" Tricking a telepath on Starro's level is pretty impressive, nonetheless. Starro's stomped entire civilizations.  "

See that face in the last panel?  That's called cowardice.  Starro exposed him...
#14 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can't be mind raped, he wins.
#15 Posted by Bullseye. (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" Tricking a telepath on Starro's level is pretty impressive, nonetheless. Starro's stomped entire civilizations.  "

See that face in the last panel?  That's called cowardice.  Starro exposed him... "
You also thought Odin was scared after he blasted Thanos, so your interpretation doesn't amount to much.

@SeSAW said:
" Thanos can't be mind raped, he wins. "

Prove it
#16 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bullseye. said:
" @Porlos said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:

See that face in the last panel?  That's called cowardice.  Starro exposed him... "
You also thought Odin was scared after he blasted Thanos, so your interpretation doesn't amount to much.

@SeSAW said:
Prove it "
I still think Odin was a little nervous.  When people get nervous they lose their cool, and it is undeniable that Odin lost his cool in that fight.
#17 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bullseye. said:
" @Porlos said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:

@SeSAW said:
Prove it "
It has never happened, never and hes fought people with much better feats than Despero.
#18 Posted by Bullseye. (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos: Odin was surprised that Thanos was still standing. It looked more like he was furious at Thanos' impudence.
#19 Posted by Porlos (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

Drax's daughter tried to get into Thanos's head with the mind gem and she admitted she couldnt.  His reply was something along the lines of "Of course not.  I am Thanos".  He is immune, its confirmed.

#20 Posted by Bullseye. (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos said:
" Drax's daughter tried to get into Thanos's head with the mind gem and she admitted she couldnt.  His reply was something along the lines of "Of course not.  I am Thanos".  He is immune, its confirmed. "
No, it f@cking isn't.

Despero overcame the combined efforts of Aquaman and Martian Manhunter with relative ease. MM was able to connect every mind on Earth on more then one occasion.
#21 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio

Surfer has better Telepathic feats than Manhunter and he can't come close to mindraping Thanos. Plus Moondragon had the mind gem and couldn't do it if she couldn't do it with the gem it can't be done, and it never has.Despero is nothing compared to the feats thanos has outdone.
#22 Posted by Bullseye. (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@SeSAW said:
" Surfer has better Telepathic feats than Manhunter and he can't come close to mindraping Thanos. Plus Moondragon had the mind gem and couldn't do it if she couldn't do it with the gem it can't be done, and it never has.Despero is nothing compared to the feats thanos has outdone. "
Didn't you once say that Wonderman was on par with Superman? Yeah, you're going to need to back up your arguement better then that.
#23 Posted by SeSAW (3677 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bullseye. said:
" @SeSAW said:
" Surfer has better Telepathic feats than Manhunter and he can't come close to mindraping Thanos. Plus Moondragon had the mind gem and couldn't do it if she couldn't do it with the gem it can't be done, and it never has.Despero is nothing compared to the feats thanos has outdone. "
Didn't you once say that Wonderman was on par with Superman? Yeah, you're going to need to back up your arguement better then that. "

How would you know what I said, do I know you or are you somebody else. I once said that Wonderman was close to being as strong as Superman becuse he almost is, I never said he was exactly on par with him.
#24 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" @capall said:
" @vuviper: what would be despero's greatest tp feats btw? "
Hm I'm thinking probably defeating Aquaman and Martian Manhunter simultaneously in a telepathic battle (Martian Manhunter's telepathic defenses can hold of dozens of white martians who have consumed human telepathic brains in order to allow their mind controlling abilities to extend across galaxies)  Then going on to mind control the rest of league   I don't know how much of a feat this is, but he also resisted a starro to the face... "

that is pretty much what i was thinking, when he defeated the manhunter, i was trying to compare between the two but i still can't make up my mind here
#25 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero solos 

#26 Posted by BIackFlash (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos does have impressive telepathy but nothing on Despero levels

Despero should win he has better feats 

@Son_of_Magnus said:

" Despero solos  "

I only see 2 compeditors

Is there an invisible 3rd person competing for the title here?
#27 Posted by capall (8278 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:
"Despero solos  "

i didin't know there was anyone else involved, lol
#28 Posted by Superparody (2011 posts) - - Show Bio
@Porlos:
I knew it you are Klandicar
#29 Posted by MrDirector786 (43400 posts) - - Show Bio
@Superparody said:
" @Porlos: I knew it you are Klandicar "

#30 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Telepathy is the only advantage Despero has on Thanos.
#31 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
"Telepathy is the only advantage Despero has on Thanos. "
What? 

@SeSAW said:
"Surfer has better Telepathic feats than Manhunter and he can't come close to mindraping Thanos. Plus Moondragon had the mind gem and couldn't do it if she couldn't do it with the gem it can't be done, and it never has.Despero is nothing compared to the feats thanos has outdone. "

Does he? What are they? Also has he ever tried, sorry I haven't read much about either except annihilation. 

#32 Posted by Bullseye. (49 posts) - - Show Bio
@SeSAW said:
" @Bullseye. said:
" @SeSAW said:
Didn't you once say that Wonderman was on par with Superman? Yeah, you're going to need to back up your arguement better then that. "
How would you know what I said, do I know you or are you somebody else. I once said that Wonderman was close to being as strong as Superman becuse he almost is, I never said he was exactly on par with him. "
LOL I never claimed not to be someone else. I've already said who I am in other threads.

(Ferro Vida)

@Satyrquaze said:
" Telepathy is the only advantage Despero has on Thanos. "

It's a TP battle.
#33 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Bullseye. said:
" @SeSAW said:
" @Bullseye. said:
" @SeSAW said:
How would you know what I said, do I know you or are you somebody else. I once said that Wonderman was close to being as strong as Superman becuse he almost is, I never said he was exactly on par with him. "
LOL I never claimed not to be someone else. I've already said who I am in other threads.

(Ferro Vida)

@Satyrquaze said:
" Telepathy is the only advantage Despero has on Thanos. "
It's a TP battle. "

Correct. 

@vuviper
said:
"@Satyrquaze said:
"Telepathy is the only advantage Despero has on Thanos. "
What? 

What was unclear about my statement? 

#34 Posted by MrDirector786 (43400 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is also stronger than Thanos physically. He's not just a better telepath.

#35 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze:
No you were perfectly clear, I was just surprised you would say that. I didn't  even know Thanos could fly or use telekinesis. But more surprising is if you believe Thanos to be physically superior...
#36 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper:
@MrDirector786:

Thanos is a mutant Titanian Eternal. Just because he rarely exerts himself physically doesn't mean he's not ridiculously strong. 

I personally put Thanos above most incarnations of Superman as far as physical strength. And he has tech that allows him to simulate telekinsis.
#37 Posted by MrDirector786 (43400 posts) - - Show Bio

And when has Thanos done anything to put himself above Despero in terms of strength?

#38 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"And when has Thanos done anything to put himself above Despero in terms of strength? "

Bitchslapping Hulk and Drax the Destroyer at the same time... one handed?
#39 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
"And when has Thanos done anything to put himself above Despero in terms of strength? "
Bitchslapping Hulk and Drax the Destroyer at the same time... one handed? "
LOL
#40 Posted by Namor. (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
Despero took down the entire JLA. On his own.
#41 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio
@Namor. said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
Despero took down the entire JLA. On his own. "

Prometheus has nearly done that... so what?
#42 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@vuviper said:
" Despero "
#43 Posted by Namor. (25 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @Namor. said:
" @Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
Prometheus has nearly done that... so what? "
I would need to see scans of that.
#44 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:

" @Namor. said:

" @Satyrquaze said:

" @MrDirector786 said:
Prometheus has nearly done that... so what? "
Prometheus took them down one-by-one, at separate points within the Watchtower with major prep. His entire plan would have collapsed if Flash didn't fall for his bomb ruse. He needed to convince Superman to kill himself.

Despero beat them down several times, using TP and brute strength, while getting dogpiled. 
#45 Posted by MrDirector786 (43400 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
Like Despero couldn't do that. As stated above, he's taken on the JLA all at once with both his strength and telepathy. Hulk and Drax aren't at Despero's strength level at all, and neither is Thanos.
#46 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i think despero is pretty powerful and impressive and overall could eventually defeat thanos in mental combat if thanos played fair... but he doesnt he has mental defenses that trick telepaths and have them fall into the abyss that is his mind... booby traps if you will... he is  also capable of simultaneously distorting reality along with a telepathic attack causing ppl confusion...

if thanos did his mind warp attack i think it could seriously compromise despero's ability to emplimate an effective attack..

thanos was able to partially fend off galactus after is mind rape failed. he should be able to hold off despero long enough to alter his fighting tactics or let him fall into one of his mind booby traps..
#47 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@Satyrquaze said:
" @MrDirector786 said:
#48 Edited by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio

i always attributed his kicking @$$ him  just being an overall aggressive fighter against incompetent non warrior mindset ppl.. i mean you grab a Cop place him in an octagon ring and he getting eatin alive.... 

you get five cops and  then you have a fight. but they still go down b/c they are using non lethal attacks but are just trying to wrestle him down...

imagine a merge character of Cap/logan and the superman powerset and unleash him on despero they would eat him alive... fighting skills matched with furiousity willingness to kill never quit attitude and their jobber aura... sheesh i hate to be despero.

#49 Posted by vuviper (5530 posts) - - Show Bio
@castleking said:
"

i always attributed his kicking @$$ him  just being an overall aggressive fighter against incompetent non warrior mindset ppl.. i mean you grab a Cop place him in an octagon ring and he getting eatin alive.... 

you get five cops and  then you have a fight. but they still go down b/c they are using non lethal attacks but are just trying to wrestle him down...

imagine a merge character of Cap/logan and the superman powerset and unleash him on despero they would eat him alive... fighting skills matched with furiousity willingness to kill never quit attitude and their jobber aura... sheesh i hate to be despero.

"
Though he is supposed to be a warlord type guy, I wouldn't be able to attribute it to being an aggressive fighter against incompetent non warrior peopled. Superman has been trained to fight, Wonder Woman is the best of the Amazons, and J'onn was, well, a manhunter of Mars.
#50 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i dont think some ppl can differentiate the difference between a warrior and soldiers .., to me their is a very clear line between a true warrior and a hero. heroes dont even make it near even having a soldiers mentality.  just b/c they are trained or have powers does not mean they possess the mindset of an actual warrior..