• 101 results
#1 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

In my "Alan Scott vs Thanos" thread, quite a few people seemed to think that Thanos could easily defeat Alan or even stomp him. So... this got me thinking. What would those people think if I put up Thanos against a team that Alan (quite easily) soloed? Would they still think that Thanos wins, or stomps?

Lets find out!

Thanos

vs

Team:

• Dr Fate
  • Obsidian
  • Miss Martian
  • Captain Atom
  • Power Girl
  • Green Lantern Kyle Rayner
  • Jay Garrick
  • Atom Smasher
  • Citizen Steel
  • Jade
  • Donna Troy

Setting: Battle on Earth. Everyone is in character.

Rules:

-No speed-stealing for Jay Garrick. No pulling into Speed Force.

-All versions of DC characters are those who faced off against Alan Scott when he fought DC Earth.

-Win by KO, death, or permanent incapacitation

Can Thanos defeat the team?

#2 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

I sense.... butthurt coming.

#3 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

The Team.

#4 Posted by reaverlation (17065 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#5 Posted by TehStranger (878 posts) - - Show Bio

If that's Kent Nelson Dr. Fate I say team, if not Thanos

#6 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by reaverlation (17065 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by zaied (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

Team because of Dr. Fate.

#9 Edited by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Damn. Okay, Thanos uses his faster than light reaction speed, Galactus-level telepathy, shield that he hasn't used in years, and durability that absolutely no one besides a bloodlusted Odin can even scratch(No exceptions), and master level fighting skills to stomp with 0 effort whatsoever.

He's like Batman and Martian Manhunter times 1,000 on cosmic-crack.

Am I doing it right?

#11 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@wolverine08: Damn. Okay, Thanos uses his faster than light reaction speed, Galactus-level telepathy, shield that he hasn't used in years, and durability that absolutely no one besides a bloodlusted Odin can even scratch(No exceptions).

Am I doing it right?

People should learn from this man right here how to handle Thanos threads.

#WankThanos

#12 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix said:

@wolverine08: Damn. Okay, Thanos uses his faster than light reaction speed, Galactus-level telepathy, shield that he hasn't used in years, and durability that absolutely no one besides a bloodlusted Odin can even scratch(No exceptions).

Am I doing it right?

Yes you are. =)

#13 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: @wolverine08: Oh, and I forgot there's no CIS, so he does all that at the same time.Easily. In his sleep, while dreaming about Death. Spite. @ *a mod* to remove this.

#14 Posted by termiteone4ever (8000 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos loses .

#15 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio

John Wall learned the Dougie from Thanos.

#16 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

the team wins this, too many powerful characters.

#17 Posted by Wolverine08 (45597 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

Wrong. Only Thanos beats Thanos. Hence why he cloned himself; to be presented with a worthy adversary. And it's his only defeat ever due to him stomping himself, because luckily he had prep while he didn't have prep.

That's the context of this story. I'm super cereal.

Only Thanos with prep can beat Thanos, and only another Thanos with even more prep has a chance.

Spite.

#19 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: gosh, why? how can thanos even take down obsidian, who can be in several places at once? steel, who took down got with a few punches to the ankle, atom, who is a being even more powerful than superman? not to mention fate, jade, green lantern?

#20 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

*Boom*, headshot. Thanos did this so he absolutely slaughter spite stomps this team. And as you can see in the last panel, he mentally commanded himself down to something like 1/100,000,000th the pimple on a flea's ass at least of his regular power.

In fact, he was probably definitely wearing the gauntlet to make the fight more fair.

Spite.

#21 Posted by ZeroPlus (2328 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@xiix: wait. you guys trolling? wonder what is the reason, if there is any.

#23 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

No. Thanos can comprehend them and beat them. As you can see in this scan he only doesn't comprehend the attitude of Mistress Death, due to her being among the handful who don't wank him. He doesn't admit to not comprehending anything else, so he probably does.

Spite.

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio
@xiix said:

...Mistress Death being the among the handful of beings who don't want to wank him.

LOL...

#25 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: I know. It's so incomprehensible that even THANOS can't comprehend it(unless he has a few seconds of prep). Spite.

#26 Posted by Superman19 (173 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#27 Posted by Fallschirmjager (18949 posts) - - Show Bio

i approve of this thread.

#28 Posted by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio

Psh. Whatever. You guys are such DC fanboys you make my rage-boner as red as the Marvel logo.

#29 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (4030 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#30 Posted by dondave (38893 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#31 Edited by brainstorm01 (1492 posts) - - Show Bio

some people belives superman can beat thanos at the same time others says silver s solos jla while thanos one shoted him.

So team barely wins

#32 Posted by BamVam (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomp

#33 Posted by pooty (11719 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see the fight when Alan Scott beat this team. I wonder if they fight Thanos the way they fought alan, would Thanos wins. This team is very powerful but did they fight as a team using their powers to the full potential?

#34 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@bamvam: nope. not even close. they are trolling cos it is fun, but i sense you are serious. he can at best stalemate them foe he can not put down obsidian, who is living shadow, and is planetary. and can be in many places at once. @brainstorm01: superman can beat....wow.

#35 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty said:

I would like to see the fight when Alan Scott beat this team. I wonder if they fight Thanos the way they fought alan, would Thanos wins. This team is very powerful but did they fight as a team using their powers to the full potential?

These are the scans I have.

Alan mind-controlled Fate, Obsidian, and Miss Martian and fought the rest of the team (plus some more I forgot about) while siting on the Moon. Oh, and he was also causing city-destroying natural disasters worldwide while he was at it.

#36 Posted by termiteone4ever (8000 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Again

#37 Posted by Eisenfauste (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a stomp in Thanos favor, but he still wins.

#38 Posted by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: that was with the full star heart, and alan was more powerful than thanos at that time.

#39 Edited by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: that was with the full star heart, and alan was more powerful than thanos at that time.

Some people on the other thread thought that Thanos stomps full-powered Alan (i.e. Starheart-possessed Alan)

#40 Edited by Baron_von_Santa (4863 posts) - - Show Bio

@willpayton: the star heart is above thanos level that is certain. he soloed earth like a boss, dead cool to boot.

he possessed powerful beings such as dr fate, make constructs around the world while being on the moon, is effectively immortal, can give ordinary human beings immense powers like gravity control.....all at once while battling others in a city he made on the moon. thanos will get stomped.

#41 Posted by Awesomedude (2147 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

#42 Posted by WonderTot (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Just curious, did Jay Garrick could use speed-steal?

#43 Posted by WillPayton (9822 posts) - - Show Bio

Team.

Just curious, did Jay Garrick could use speed-steal?

Jay would not have been able to use speed-steal against Alan because Alan wasnt physically present, he was fighting through constructs. Also, even if he'd been there, Alan is not made out of matter, he's made of magical energy. It doesnt seem like it'd be possible to speed-steal against something made of energy, much less magical energy.

#44 Posted by Awesomedude (2147 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by thanosii (1360 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH Thanos should be able to replicate most of those feats i.e, he can mind control Fate, Martian and Osbidian, one shot most the others with planet busting blasts, drain Kyle and Kryptonians.

Thanos 6.5/10

#46 Posted by BamVam (103 posts) - - Show Bio

@baron_von_santa: Nah i was not trying to troll i was serious

@pooty said:

These are the scans I have.

Alan mind-controlled Fate, Obsidian, and Miss Martian and fought the rest of the team (plus some more I forgot about) while siting on the Moon. Oh, and he was also causing city-destroying natural disasters worldwide while he was at it.

seeing these scans knowing how powerful this guy is made me change my answer going for the team now i like to see people post scans to show proof of there answers to what they say they can do that's what make this battle forum exciting :)

#47 Posted by Lord44 (1440 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can pull out more wins than the team.

Thanos 7/10

#48 Edited by XiiX (9469 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by InjusticeForAll (509 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos stomps. Nobody here can match his power.

The team have zero A-listers. Not even credible powerhouses to match up to him physically. Thanos took the avengers apart by a very simple application of TP on the Hulk. I can see him replicating such on Power Girl (their only hope) who will fall to it seeing as kryptonians are giant suckers for mind control.

THANOS MURDERSTOMPS

#50 Posted by ShootingNova (19030 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is not stomping at all.