ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

@overachiver: tbh, I think he could beat Darksied rather easily, He Strong and Dyrable enough, and Darkseid's Omega Beams are definitely getting through Thanos' shields. I odnt see a why Darkseid could win unlesshe's amped and Thanos isn't

A well nourished Galactus had to "Exert" himself to penetrate Thanos' shields. I don't think Darkseid's OB (which have been deflected by Supermans HV, Mary Marvel and Wonder Woman's bracelets) will get through. There's no way.

@overachiver said:

@dondave said:

@overachiver: tbh, I think he could beat Darksied rather easily, He Strong and Dyrable enough, and Darkseid's Omega Beams are definitely getting through Thanos' shields. I odnt see a why Darkseid could win unlesshe's amped and Thanos isn't

Thanos can't even beat characters like Thor easily,.

Really dude?

Thanos literally makes Surfer look like an ant. How can you possibly conclude this?

In my opinion:

PC Darkseid > Regular Thanos

Thanos > Recent Darkseid incarnation

All other versions of Thanos > all other versions of Darkseid.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Dextersinister

@dondave said:

@Dextersinister: Thanos fight A-;isters all the time

He does fight them occasionally but Thanos is a cosmic character and all the a-listers are on Earth.

@P0rtal: They need a credible villain, Avengers was a very good film but it's biggest let down was that the villains rarely came across as threatening. Loki was one-upped so many times and the aliens where cannon fodder with paper mache armour that even went down to widows guns.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By dondave

@overachiver: You obviuoslt=y don't know enough about Thanos to be making this assertation

overachiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By overachiver

@dondave said:

@overachiver: You obviuoslt=y don't know enough about Thanos to be making this assertation

Apparently I know more than you do, you however know nothing about DS and shouldn't be talking

@ToO_RaW: Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer was off guard. That's how I can conclude it

Pre Crisis Darkseid >>Thanos

Post Crisis Darkseid>>Thanos in Certain Areas and Thanos>>DS in certain area's

Post FP Darkseid>>>Bendis Thanos who got his ass kicked by the Avengers

Try again

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By dondave

@overachiver: Please. Educate on how he'll be able to beat Thanos

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By XiiX

@dondave: @ToO_RaW: Actually, I've heard it said that Darkseid's Omega-Beams can "traverse dimensions in search of their query", as well as turn intangible. So it is conceivable that they could breach Thanos' shields.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By ToO_RaW

@XiiX said:

@dondave: @ToO_RaW: Actually, I've heard it said that Darkseid's Omega-Beams can "traverse dimensions in search of their query", as well as turn intangible. So it is conceivable that they could breach Thanos' shields.

Thanos' shields have prevented Vision from escaping captivity. Intagible means nothing.

@overachiver

said:

@dondave said:

Apparently I know more than you do, you however know nothing about DS and shouldn't be talking

@ToO_RaW: Thanos beat Surfer when Surfer was off guard. That's how I can conclude it

Pre Crisis Darkseid >>Thanos

Post Crisis Darkseid>>Thanos in Certain Areas and Thanos>>DS in certain area's

Post FP Darkseid>>>Bendis Thanos who got his ass kicked by the Avengers

Try again

In Avengers Assemble, Thanos was being controled by the man-made cosmic cube. He wasn't himself. After that, he was caught off guard by the destruction of the man-made Cosmic Cube via Thor. In that transfer from amazing power, back to your original self, you can easily see that Thanos was disraught and confused by the situation.

After that confusion Thanos not only had the Avengers, but he was attacked two Hulks, Thor, Groot, Thing, Vision, Mary Marvel, War Machine, Ironman and Cap America all while the elders of the universe were present and HE STILL WASN'T KNOCKED OUT. LMFAO

No Caption Provided

Darkseid is beaten by Orion and Superman level Characters 1 versus 1.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By dondave

@XiiX: yet were blocked by Wonder Woman's gauntlets and have been repeatedly tanked by Superman

overachiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By overachiver

@ToO_RaW: What a terrible excuse. There was no indciation of Thanos being distraught or weakened or confused, he lost the cosmic cube then got his ass kicked

Darkseid has beaten Superman and Orion, in fact he's one shotted both and Orion beat him when he got rid of his mother box and went into rage mode.

And um...which one of those Avengers is anywhere near Superman or Orion's level? Which one of them has nano second reaction time? Which when can move faster than light? Oh that's right,. NONE of them, Thanos got beaten down by a bunch of chumps and slow bricks like Thor and Hulk who Supes would steamroll.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By XiiX

@ToO_RaW: Are you certain it was the same exact shielding as he utilizes on his person? And that still doesn't account for "traversing dimensions".

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ToO_RaW

@overachiver said:

@ToO_RaW: What a terrible excuse. There was no indciation of Thanos being distraught or weakened or confused, he lost the cosmic cube then got his ass kicked

Darkseid has beaten Superman and Orion, in fact he's one shotted both and Orion beat him when he got rid of his mother box and went into rage mode.

And um...which one of those Avengers is anywhere near Superman or Orion's level? Which one of them has nano second reaction time? Which when can move faster than light? Oh that's right,. NONE of them, Thanos got beaten down by a bunch of chumps and slow bricks like Thor and Hulk who Supes would steamroll.

Can you not see Thanos off balance in the scans I provided? It's prefectly clear....

And what? Thor and Hulk are clearly on Superman's level. I can't even believe you said that...

It's clear you are unreasonable and won't look at the facts. There is no point in duscussing this with you.

@XiiX said:

@ToO_RaW: Are you certain it was the same exact shielding as he utilizes on his person?

IIRC Thanos said something along the lines of "You will not be able to phase through my force field technology."

overachiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By overachiver

@ToO_RaW:

Oh ok, so Thanos trips and suddenly he's weakened, distraught, confused and can't sense his impending beatdown..

Seriously this is why I hate Thanos, people like you have probably have purple tongues and come up with the most retarded excuses to wank on him even more.

Get over your fanboyism dude..your purple is showing

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By XiiX

@dondave: Unless CIS is allowed, we're to assume that both combatants are fighting to the best of their abilities.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ToO_RaW

@overachiver said:

@ToO_RaW:

Oh ok, so Thanos trips and suddenly he's weakened, distraught, confused and can't sense his impending beatdown..

Seriously this is why I hate Thanos, people like you have probably have purple tongues and come up with the most retarded excuses to wank on him even more.

The man made cosmic cube was controlling Thanos and after it was destroyed he was knocked for a loop. How can you not see that? lol

And I like Thanos, yes, but I am willing to concede to any legitimate and believeble points anyone has to bring up. And Even if he wasn't disrought (which it's pretty clear as the art paints it out for you) he still had 20 people attack him. lmfao

I'm getting a strong impression that people can't handle the fact that Thanos is a bad ass character and would beat Darkseid so they start calling people like me (who provide reasonable facts and explinations with scans as proof) fan boys.

There's no need for hostility. I'm here to have fun.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By dondave

@XiiX: under their own power Ii dont seee Thanos loosing unless it AA Thanos, otherwise Thanos ftw

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

@XiiX: under their own power Ii dont seee Thanos loosing unless it AA Thanos, otherwise Thanos ftw

How does AA Thanos lose though? Before Thanos even aquired the cube, the entire universe was set of high alert when he showed up.

When Darkseid shows up, all the need is Superman.

I love Darkseid as a character, but let's place the cards on the table and read them for what they really are.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ToO_RaW

I hope you don't think I am one of the people who thinks it is an easy match for Thanos. I respect Darkseid a lot and I wish he was returned to his former glory.

I definately think Thanos would have to work for the win.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By XiiX

@ToO_RaW: Nah, man. I wasn't referring to you. For the most part I agree with your overall assessment.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ToO_RaW

@XiiX said:

@ToO_RaW: Nah, man. I wasn't referring to you. For the most part I agree with your overall assessment.

Thanks. When that dude said I was judging purely off of my preference of Thanos I wa actually sort of offended. I'd like to think my opinions are pretty accurate most of the time as I will take all facts into account and make my decisions based off of that. If one of my prefered characters are incapable of winning a battle, there's no point in denying it as the proof and facts are there for everyone to see. It would be quite embarassing to make an illogical judgement when facts are placed on the table.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By XiiX

@ToO_RaW: Don't let it bother you. Some people just get a little....overzealous about these things. It is after all in good fun, and meant to be enjoyed/educational. You're doing a good job.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By dondave

The same can be said for Superman doing the same to darkseid. Thanos has tanked blasts from Odin even when he was using Gugnir, the full power cosmic from the Silver surfer

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ToO_RaW

@dondave said:

The same can be said for Superman doing the same to darkseid. Thanos has tanked blasts from Odin even when he was using Gugnir, the full power cosmic from the Silver surfer

Indeed. And Odin said Thanos was the most powerful opponent he has fought in eons.

overachiver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By overachiver

@ToO_RaW said:

@overachiver said:

@ToO_RaW:

The man made cosmic cube was controlling Thanos and after it was destroyed he was knocked for a loop. How can you not see that? lol

And I like Thanos, yes, but I am willing to concede to any legitimate and believeble points anyone has to bring up. And Even if he wasn't disrought (which it's pretty clear as the art paints it out for you) he still had 20 people attack him. lmfao

I'm getting a strong impression that people can't handle the fact that Thanos is a bad ass character and would beat Darkseid so they start calling people like me (who provide reasonable facts and explinations with scans as proof) fan boys.

So after Thanos lost the cosmic cube, his strength, durability, and other powers were lowered to such an extent that Vision, Iron Man, Groot, Thing and Captain America were able to hurt him, Thor Hulk and Rulk each hit him ONCE and that was enough to knock him for a loop and have him bleeding all over the place until the Elders took him away

Yeah...not buying it...either prove that Thanos was weakened to that extent or accept that he's an overrated character that can't beat a team of three slow bricks and a bunch of low class 100's

You're here to have fun? So am I. You get your kicks by wanking a character and I get my kicks by ruining your party with the facts. Everyone wins

@ToO_RaW said:

@dondave said:

How does AA Thanos lose though? Before Thanos even aquired the cube, the entire universe was set of high alert when he showed up.

When Darkseid shows up, all the need is Superman.

I love Darkseid as a character, but let's place the cards on the table and read them for what they really are.

Yes, all that's needed is Superman...that must explain why it took the Justice League to beat him last time and had to boom tube him because they were losing

Darkseid = manhandles the Justice League

Thanos = gets manhandled by the Avengers.

Checkmate

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By whydama

This is the nth time this topic got started.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Schmalzel

@overachiver: Thanos can take on Odin Galactus, and others without the Gauntlet, with it he is impossible to beat. Thanos and Darkseid I feel are very closely matched and compared, but I feel Thanos takes it with his levels of intellect and power. It's like fighting Batman with the power of a God when you fight Thanos.

Avatar image for theindigoeffect
TheIndigoEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By TheIndigoEffect

So Thanos can tank shots from Galactus and Odin, but he gets overwhelmed by the Avengers? It seems like his feats are pretty inconsistent. However, I will concede that with the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos walks away with the victory. Also, what's this talk of Hulk and Thor being on Superman's level? That's just not true.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ToO_RaW

@overachiver said:

@ToO_RaW said:

@overachiver said:

@ToO_RaW:

So after Thanos lost the cosmic cube, his strength, durability, and other powers were lowered to such an extent that Vision, Iron Man, Groot, Thing and Captain America were able to hurt him, Thor Hulk and Rulk each hit him ONCE and that was enough to knock him for a loop and have him bleeding all over the place until the Elders took him away

Yeah...not buying it...either prove that Thanos was weakened to that extent or accept that he's an overrated character that can't beat a team of three slow bricks and a bunch of low class 100's

You're here to have fun? So am I. You get your kicks by wanking a character and I get my kicks by ruining your party with the facts. Everyone wins

It's not that his durability, strength etc was lowered, it's that the cube had already hurt him before they gang jumped him. It completely took over and sent Thanos for a loop. He wasn't all there. Did you not see him falling as if he was completely distraught after Thor destroyed the cube? What comic were you reading?

Planets exploding in his face in the 80's (previous to his 4 or 5 upgrades) didn't even hurt him.

In the same AA issue, a bomb went off and knocked Thor and Hulk and everyone else flying on their asses while Thanos stood there like it was a summers breeze.

The rest of your post I wont even address as it's simply trolling.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Freefa11

@TheIndigoEffect said:

So Thanos can tank shots from Galactus and Odin, but he gets overwhelmed by the Avengers? It seems like his feats are pretty inconsistent.

I would actually disagree. Thanos losing the way he did in Avengers Assemble is arguably his first true low-showing in nearly 40 years. Exclude that one issue, and he has consistently been a powerhouse. Even some of his earliest appearances put him as a planet-buster and at least slightly superior to Thor. Later appearances put him at the level of a low-end skyfather.

Compared to most other comic characters who have been around as long as him, particularly cosmic types, I think Thanos has had a very good run, and while what Bendis did to him is unfortunate, I don't really think it should immediately wash away everything else he's ever done.

However, I will concede that with the Infinity Gauntlet Thanos walks away with the victory.

Well, obviously. With the Gauntlet he could effortlessly solo all of Apokolips and New Genesis combined.

Avatar image for nightwing_superman
Nightwing_SuperMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid would take this. unless Thanos had his OP infinity gauntlet which istill think Darkseid would win. Darkseid is not only far stronger but has more mind manipulation. He can turn those who arent pure to do his will. Thanos is far from pure and has shown weakness especially when death is around. Darkseid would simply prey on his lust for death which would give him an advantage. THanos has a soft spot but darkseid is cold stone. his omega effect is inconsistent in cartoons but in the comics it decimates beings. People say SUperman survived it as if Superman is a weakling. not to mention it PHYSICALLY HURT superman which is nigh impossible unless your immnesley strong. If you dont posses magic superman will mop the floor with you. Doomsday survived it because he is INCREDIBLY DURABLE. after dying so many times from amny things he is immune to death by that fashion. Not to mention no one has beat Doomsday except for Superman and Imperiex. I think marvel fanboy's need to understand how powerful Superman really is. He is more powerful than Thor by Miles. those who try to argue need more research. Thor is powerful no doubt, but his strength isnot to superman's. Superman has beaten Capt Marvel with ease who has the power of 6 gods. which includes all their power. And he's beaten Black Adam who has the power of 6 egyptian Gods.

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By 18hunt

@TheTmac said:

If thanos gets the IG he wins,if not Darkseid murders him.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By darklord_apoc

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

No, no he is not! I love Apocalypse and would love to see him up there but he isn't due to dumb writing! Darkseid has controlled billions of superman's cousins on planet Daxam and with his mind in Great Darkness arc.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By The_Imperator

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

Darkseid can fight Superman head on, that is rather strong.

Not many villains can top "crush multiverse while dying" And Darkseid has defeated Mordru, easily I might add.

Yes, he is among the strongest. The only beings above him are the Monitors (possibly, though he might be to go one one with one and win), the COIE Anti-Monitor, high-level Specter, probably the higher up angels in Heaven, Lucifer/Michael/the other one whose name escapes me, and the Endless.

Darkseid was able to hurt a (weakened) Anti-Monitor, and he only did it because he thought that even after being totally wasted by Specter and all the heroes, the Anti-Monitor would still mop the floor with them.

No, he is not Apocalypse's level. Tell me when Apocalypse can fight in fisticuffs with a being that can hold singularities and block out the effects of gravity. Also, tell me when Apocalypse goes around killing gods and absorbing their power in his free time.

Blackice709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Blackice709

@Killemall: different powers different outcomes

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By New_World_Order

@Killemall said:

@matmatxm8: While i do think Darkseid does get over-rated at times in battle board (Thanos does get over-rated as well, but me being a huge Thanos fan will just sit on the corner and smile and let someone point that out) but i think you are under-rating Darkseid here. He's definitely not on the same level as Apocalypse who has a nack of severe jobbing, he's lost to Magneto twice now, and i dont think Magneto could handle Darkseid.

Sorry for the late qoute, but differnce between Darkseid, and Thanos is. Darkseid loses to Superman, and Orion. While Thanos stomps Silver Surfer, and Thor. That's a big difference.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By The_Imperator

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

@Killemall said:

@matmatxm8: While i do think Darkseid does get over-rated at times in battle board (Thanos does get over-rated as well, but me being a huge Thanos fan will just sit on the corner and smile and let someone point that out) but i think you are under-rating Darkseid here. He's definitely not on the same level as Apocalypse who has a nack of severe jobbing, he's lost to Magneto twice now, and i dont think Magneto could handle Darkseid.

Sorry for the late qoute, but differnce between Darkseid, and Thanos is. Darkseid loses to Superman, and Orion. While Thanos stomps Silver Surfer, and Thor. That's a big difference.

Darkseid collapses the multiverse and has minion(s) that can take out all the Greek Gods in DC, and said minion(s) are explicitly weaker than him. Yes, there are high and low showings for both people.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#86  Edited By Killemall

@The_Imperator said:

Darkseid collapses the multiverse and has minion(s) that can take out all the Greek Gods in DC, and said minion(s) are explicitly weaker than him. Yes, there are high and low showings for both people.

That was only limited to Final Crisis, a story that doesnt really fit Darkseid's chronology very well, and apart from that statement he ended up getting killed by Orion (not sure if that death even counted, as it was completely ignored later), and again killed by Superman (this was after plot bullet from Batman).

On average, Thanos has better showing of power.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#87  Edited By SUNMAN
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By The_Imperator

@Killemall said:

That was only limited to Final Crisis, a story that doesnt really fit Darkseid's chronology very well, and apart from that statement he ended up getting killed by Orion (not sure if that death even counted, as it was completely ignored later), and again killed by Superman (this was after plot bullet from Batman).

On average, Thanos has better showing of power.

Why doesn't it fit? Darkseid won on New Genesis. He had defeated everyone. The point of FC was that now he could turn his entire attention to Earth, and doing so crushed reality. And Orion did kill him; Darkseid shot Orion, which was the only reason he got shot. Orion's existence led to Darkseid's death. Plus, Darkseid new shooting Orion would kill him, but he didn't care, he was going to take down the multiverse with him. Orion had killed Darkseid before in other comics, but Darkseid had simply come back, so this time wasn't new.

Beyond all of that, Darkseid is still in the physically powerful realm, almost certainly enough to go up against Thanos. Now, I don't know if he would win, but he certainly wouldn't be easily defeated.

AlteredBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By AlteredBeast

With or without IG Thanos wins.

jamesbyng188

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By jamesbyng188

@SUNMAN: What comics are all of those from?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Killemall

@The_Imperator said:

Why doesn't it fit?

It doesnt fit because we have seen Darkseid on every other appearance as being a lot less then that. We also know New Genesis and Apokolips were in perfect stalemate, we also know Orion is there about in terms of power with Darkseid, having been destined to kill him, and having killed him twice now without a use of plot power. We have also seen Darkseid , in fact 2 Darkseid together beaten by Legion of Super Heroes during The Quite Darkness, and Darkseid lost to legion as well as nearly killed by young Clark Kent.

Darkseid won on New Genesis. He had defeated everyone.

Darkseid did not defeat New Genesis in Final Crisis, there is actually a tie-in to final crisis which later was ignored called the Death of New Gods. It was source that killed everyone else, Darkseid came up with a plot device soul-fire and was still defeated by Orion when source summoned Orion, because apparently the connection between Darkseid and Orion makes it such that Darkseid is forced to share is new found might with Orion.

And Orion did kill him; Darkseid shot Orion, which was the only reason he got shot. Orion's existence led to Darkseid's death.

Orion kills Darkseid twice though, thats what contradicts Final Crisis. Death of New Gods, Orion kill him, every new god is killed and that was meant to be the begining of 5th world. Then Orion again kills Darkseid during Countdown to Final Crisis 01.

Beyond all of that, Darkseid is still in the physically powerful realm, almost certainly enough to go up against Thanos. Now, I don't know if he would win, but he certainly wouldn't be easily defeated.

This is where i dont agree. If you truely see Darkseid as a multiversal being, Thanos should be no more than a mere insect infront of him, same would be true for well everyone else he has fought. The Justice League, Superman, LOSH, New Genesis, yet it has been entirely different there.

I never once said Thanos wins easily, i think its a close fight, a favor Thanos for the confrontation, what i disagreed was Darkseid being a multiversal threat, given every other appearence of Darkseid doesnt fit the bill.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Killemall

@jamesbyng188 said:

The first scan is from Amalagam comics, rest are fan arts.

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#93  Edited By SUNMAN

@jamesbyng188 said:

sorry don't know found them on google images. Just searched Thanos vs Darkseid

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By reikai

There is one fact no one can ignore. Thanos has never been in a position where he's had no powers and....

fell down some stairs somebody's granpa without his walkin stick. ^_^ 
Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Dextersinister

@Killemall: Most of Darkseid's recognized comic book appearances where as a Superman villain from the year 2000. A-listers are the most powerful reality warper's in the comic verse changing villain's to fit with them.

The reason I know so little about Thano's is because he is rarely in the more mainstream villain at least not that I'm aware of, but all that will change as he succumb's to the reality warping effect's of Cap'n Merica and Wolverine.

No Caption Provided
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Killemall

@Dextersinister: Every time Thanos has been a mainstream villain he has been a villain for the entire marvel universe (bar Avengers Assemble but at least the Elders got involved), never for a particular hero and even only the avengers. There are few odd instances, all of which have been retconned. That why you dont find a lot of feats of Thanos fighting Thor and the likes. Even in Avengers Assemble the weakest potrayal of Thanos thus far, his minion, beat Thor and Iron Man together.

After his first 3 story arc The God Itself, and Final Threat, and half way through Infinity Gautlet, Thanos has actually been more of a anti-hero than anything else before a pointless character derailment during Thanos Imperative and Avengers Assemble. Thanos was one of the main reason Warlock with IG lost, Thanos was the biggest reason Goddess who was planning to remake the multiverse lost, Thanos was the reason Omega a being said to be twice as powerful as Galactus lost and he helped heroes all the while. He even went on redemption path during his Thanos mini.

He of course is not Superman or Silver Surfer, but he was more like i wanna learn stuffs and will protect my reality, apart from that i am not one to go around helping people.

Thanos feats comes from fighting cosmic beings. He has fought beings like Rot, a baby abstract someone who was going to consume entire universe and even Death herself was helpless against it, with a short rolling prep defeated Hunger a being that was making Galactus its b*tch, not only beat the Fallen One who was called the most powerful herald of Galactus (pretty evident they did not include Tyrant in it) but made him his herald, defeated a cosmic cube being Kosmos someone who could halt the expansion of marvel universe.

The problem is when you say Darkseid beat Superman , everyone knows who superman is, everyone knows what his high end feats are, but when you say Thanos beat Rot, people dont know who Rot is coz its not a mainstream villain its a truely cosmic being.

Bendis r@ped Thanos, but then Bendis had Beyonder bow down to Black Bolt, and Molecule Man lose to Void when both of them have trans-multiversal feat, something neither Black Bolt nor Void can hope to match.

Thankfully though Infinity is coming soon, and Tom Brevroot himself said this is going to remind marvel fans that biggest threat in the marvel universe is Thanos :)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dondave

Thanos ftw

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Dextersinister

@Killemall: Yes but was he a major threat in the same way that the Chaos King was a major threat or that some arc villain in GL who is about to destroy the universe is a major threat, big within the universe but relegated to minor title's.

A cosmic being sounds all well and good but the Chaos arc is a perfect example of how the comic verse actually work's, the Chaos King had absorbed 98% of the universe, gods, mythical entities and so on but when he gets to Earth not only is he stalled by individual named entities that exist on Earth but he inevitably gets beaten by the only 2% that matters.

Thano's will have lower end showings if he hangs about mainstream titles but the animated version of Darkseid is the best thing that ever happened to the character.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Sy8000

Is any one going to mention thanos' telepathy? He is possibly stronger than moondragon with it. Even if darkseid has mental barriers, so did hulk and even current thanos could mind control him.  
That aside, darkseid loses to supes and orion, thanos stomps surfer and thor. Surfur and orion have fought, and orion was losing badly (I think). Thor and supes will always be debated. The math is kind of easy. 

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By The_Imperator

@Killemall: Mr Miracle Seven Soldiers - Darkseid took over New Genesis and won the war. And since Orion has killed Darskeid multiple times, maybe the porphecy only applied to the first time.

Did you not read FC - Darkseid said he had never fully manifested in the real world before. However, he won the war in heaven, and was crushing the multiverse in his victory. He had never been able to fully enter the real world because of the War.

Darkseid has pretty high level strength, molecular disintegration, and quite a few other powers. A weakened future version of him (before absorbing anyone) oneshotted Mordru, a galaxy level being that is the same level as Nabu, who was able to fight an unrestricted Specter for a while. Than alone sets the bar pretty high. Beyond that, Darkseid has created beings, using his power, that have stalemated the entire JLA. He has one shotted Angel Supergirl, hurt the Source (not in Death of the New Gods, which is stupid and makes no sense compared to Countdown, FC, and Seven Soldiers), killed entire pnatheons of DC gods by himself, etc.

So, he and Thanos are probably close to evenly matched, with Thanos being a bit higher. So I would probably give it to Thanos 6/10.