#1 Edited by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos decides to attack Asguard in hopes of finding secrets to the universe, while accidently opening a portal to Apokilips. Darkseid finds out about this portal and decides to check it out, and then he finds asgaurd. So now Thanos armys and Darkseid's army are in war on Asgaurd.

Darkseid and Thanos are at there fullest power! I don't believe this has been done before.

VS>

#2 Posted by laflux (15496 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: This has been done before. However, to avoid it getting it locked, make it current versions as I believe that hasn't been done yet.

Oh and welcome to the Vine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by dondave (36658 posts) - - Show Bio

@benben178: at fullest power do you mean thanos with the infinity gauntlet

Online
#4 Edited by benben178 (163 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: yes

@laflux: Thank you

#5 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet surpasses anything Darkseid has managed to demonstrate.

Moderator
#6 Posted by TheTmac (472 posts) - - Show Bio

If thanos gets the IG he wins,if not Darkseid murders him.

#7 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

So if we are using full powers why stop at Infinity Gauntlet, why not go all the way to Heart of The Universe.

The most powerful version of Darkseid would be Soul Fire version i would assume, but while it beat The Source, Darkseid was clearly struggling against Orion with anti-life, making it hard to measure. Anyhow, both IG and HOTU have better feats.

Thanos FTW!

#8 Edited by ClarkWayne (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with IG destroys Darkseid, his army, and all of asgard with a thought. SPITE!

#9 Posted by Dextersinister (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Didn't Darkseid struggle with Orion because of some made up plot reason that ment they had to split the power of the source.

#10 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos has all his cosmic trinkets, he wins.

Thanos without that stuff will certainly lose to Darkseid.

#11 Posted by Sethlol (1296 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

If Thanos has all his cosmic trinkets, he wins.

Thanos without that stuff will certainly lose to Darkseid.

#12 Posted by BlackWind (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid and Thanos sit down and talk about the days when they were written competently.

#13 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@Killemall: Didn't Darkseid struggle with Orion because of some made up plot reason that ment they had to split the power of the source.

I do not remember that statement being made , my understanding was the source found a way to empower Orion on the same level.

Here are the scans, i dont remember anything being mentioned, do let me know if there was something that i am missing.

#14 Posted by jackofspades (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

thanos

#15 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sethlol said:

@logy5000 said:

If Thanos has all his cosmic trinkets, he wins.

Thanos without that stuff will certainly lose to Darkseid.

Ok either of you, lets go challenge a viner, Thanos vs Darkseid (no power up for either) coz i am totally backing Thanos to win this =)

#16 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

#17 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8: While i do think Darkseid does get over-rated at times in battle board (Thanos does get over-rated as well, but me being a huge Thanos fan will just sit on the corner and smile and let someone point that out) but i think you are under-rating Darkseid here. He's definitely not on the same level as Apocalypse who has a nack of severe jobbing, he's lost to Magneto twice now, and i dont think Magneto could handle Darkseid.

#18 Posted by Sundipped_Superman (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Giving Thanos the Infinity Gauntlet is just spite.

SS

#19 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally don't feel Darkseid gets over-rated on the battle forums, with all the crap from his PIS in recent years (But maybe I'm just a Darkseid fanboy).

Back to the battle at hand with no special trinkets or amps I always felt like the characters stood on equal ground and Thanos vs Darkseid battles should end in stalemate.

#20 Edited by Dextersinister (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: In the second panel the Source says some rubbish about your rage is connected and that's why you cannot deny him a share of the cosmic might you have stolen.

#21 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister said:

@Killemall: In the second panel the Source says some rubbish about your rage is connected and that's why you cannot deny him a share of the cosmic might you have stolen.

thanks, now makes more sense of them of them glowing like candlestick. :)

See i told you i tend to miss stuffs, i read that part and never interpreted it as meaning they shared the powers, but now that you point it out it does make sense. Thanks.

#22 Posted by BlackWind (6151 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

Complete nonsense.

#23 Posted by Dextersinister (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: I'm not a fan of the story, like most a lot of writers who ignored it I'm not a fan of the source being an individual.

#24 Posted by SpeedForceSpider (902 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos. Thanks to his overpowered trinkets.

#25 Posted by Simon_the_digger (2919 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

If Thanos has all his cosmic trinkets, he wins.

Thanos without that stuff will certainly lose to Darkseid.

#26 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@Sethlol said:

@logy5000 said:

If Thanos has all his cosmic trinkets, he wins.

Thanos without that stuff will certainly lose to Darkseid.

Ok either of you, lets go challenge a viner, Thanos vs Darkseid (no power up for either) coz i am totally backing Thanos to win this =)

Alright, where's the battlefield? :)

#27 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

Alright, where's the battlefield? :)

you know what a challenge a viner is right? You and me, debate about Thanos and Darkseid on who would win, and once we are done we call in votes to see who did better.

Location is inconsequential, you can put them both on a in-destructible planet =)

up for it??

#28 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall: Sure. I have to go now, but you start the debate and I'll reply later.

#29 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

@Killemall: Sure. I have to go now, but you start the debate and I'll reply later.

I have work tomorrow early, and its pretty late. I'll create the thread but we will get it moving from Monday ok?

Lets keep the mode of victory to not include BFR, is that fine with you?

#30 Posted by thanobomb1124 (2012 posts) - - Show Bio
@Killemall

@Dextersinister said:

@Killemall: Didn't Darkseid struggle with Orion because of some made up plot reason that ment they had to split the power of the source.

I do not remember that statement being made , my understanding was the source found a way to empower Orion on the same level.

Here are the scans, i dont remember anything being mentioned, do let me know if there was something that i am missing.

Love the art. What issue is this from?
#31 Posted by AverageMan (138 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTmac said:

If thanos gets the IG he wins,if not Darkseid murders him.

Actually Thanos without the infinity gauntlets is at the same level as Darkseid.

#32 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheTmac said:

If thanos gets the IG he wins,if not Darkseid murders him.

thanos without any items to powerup is still skyfather level like darkseid he was able to tank odin's blast and gave him a run for his money. trade punches with a power gem + warrior's rage thor, and blast galactus out of range. and that was before he was resurrected and had his powers increased by a whole lot.

#33 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackWind said:

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

Complete nonsense.

Thanos already can beat Darkseid in every method,

wake up dumbass!!

#34 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanobomb1124 said:

@Killemall

@Dextersinister said:

@Killemall: Didn't Darkseid struggle with Orion because of some made up plot reason that ment they had to split the power of the source.

I do not remember that statement being made , my understanding was the source found a way to empower Orion on the same level.

Here are the scans, i dont remember anything being mentioned, do let me know if there was something that i am missing.

Love the art. What issue is this from?

Death of New God 08.

Seeing your user name you'll like the series because its written by Jim Starlin, the creator of Thanos.

#35 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5021 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos doesn't need any power ups to beat or be equal to Darkseid. With that said this fight could go either way.

Online
#36 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

Without any amps, I certainly think Thanos could win.

At full power, that'd be Thanos w/HotU vs Soulfire Darkseid, which would tear the multiverse apart.

#37 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8 said:

@BlackWind said:

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

Complete nonsense.

Thanos already can beat Darkseid in every method,

wake up dumbass!!

The insult was unnecessary.

Also, they're on about the same level, but I agree at standard power levels, Darkseid would probably lose to Thanos.

------

Thanos would never be able to stand up to AM or Mordru

#38 Posted by matmatxm8 (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sideslash said:

@matmatxm8 said:

@BlackWind said:

@matmatxm8 said:

Darkseid is just an overrated DC villain,

he's not really that strong,

He's just hypnotizing people with this anti-life equation and shit

he's not even in the roster of top strongest DC villains,

there are way more stronger villains than darkseid who is a multiversal threat in DC

Anti-Monitor or Mordru should have been more of a match

Darkseid is just same level with Marvel's "Apocalypse"

Complete nonsense.

Thanos already can beat Darkseid in every method,

wake up dumbass!!

The insult was unnecessary.

Also, they're on about the same level, but I agree at standard power levels, Darkseid would probably lose to Thanos.

------

Thanos would never be able to stand up to AM or Mordru

He insulted me first, so I fought back

#39 Posted by Sideslash (5907 posts) - - Show Bio

@matmatxm8: No, he said " complete nonsense". He did not insult you, he was disputing something you said.

In addition, the "he started it" argument is the same thing my 10 yr old brother uses. Man up and walk away.

#40 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be a really interested fight, but I would give it to Thanos. Personally, I think Darkseid is much stronger than Thanos in a physical sense, but I see Thanos as much more durable and intelligent in 1v1 combat. Darkseid has microsecond reaction time but Thanos has nanosecond reaction time ( IN MY OPINION ). Thanos seems to have a lot more energy projection power than Darkseid.

#41 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

If Thanos has the Gauntlet, than of course he wins.

#42 Edited by xlab3000 (3218 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#43 Posted by dondave (36658 posts) - - Show Bio

Ordianry Thanos beats Darkseid, giving him Infinity Gauntlet just makes it worse

Online
#44 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Ordianry Thanos beats Darkseid, giving him Infinity Gauntlet just makes it worse

#45 Posted by Dextersinister (6023 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Ordianry Thanos beats Darkseid, giving him Infinity Gauntlet just makes it worse

Thanos has currently been brought down to Avengers levels because of the film which was no different than what happened when Darkseid was brought down to Superman's level because of the animated show in early 2000's but has since been elevated to a JL team buster possibly more.

Although it knocked him down a few tiers on the power pole the animated series did a great job with the character, fighting A-listers could be good for Thanos character wise in the long run.

#46 Posted by dondave (36658 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dextersinister: Thanos fight A-;isters all the time

Online
#47 Posted by P0rtal (872 posts) - - Show Bio

I am not sure I understand what you mean, can you explain? We have no idea what Thanos is going to do for the next Avengers film. He is a high cosmic level being apparently, since Loki was peeing himself over his servant who seems a lot more powerful than he was. Thanos can 1v1 Hulk and Thor at the same time and win without a problem, I hope he does this very thing in 2nd film lol.

@Dextersinister said:

@dondave said:

Ordianry Thanos beats Darkseid, giving him Infinity Gauntlet just makes it worse

Thanos has currently been brought down to Avengers levels because of the film

#48 Posted by overachiver (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@Dextersinister: Thanos fight A-;isters all the time

So does Darkseid, in fact he's one shotted A listers

Close fight regardless, both can win and it won't be easy for either one

#49 Posted by dondave (36658 posts) - - Show Bio

@overachiver: tbh, I think he could beat Darksied rather easily, He Strong and Dyrable enough, and Darkseid's Omega Beams are definitely getting through Thanos' shields. I odnt see a why Darkseid could win unlesshe's amped and Thanos isn't

Online
#50 Posted by overachiver (89 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

@overachiver: tbh, I think he could beat Darksied rather easily, He Strong and Dyrable enough, and Darkseid's Omega Beams are definitely getting through Thanos' shields. I odnt see a why Darkseid could win unlesshe's amped and Thanos isn't

Thanos can't even beat characters like Thor easily,.