Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#151  Edited By Dex_Starr

@termiteone4ever said:

Darkseid with no argument

There might be an argument if it was Darkseid without the OE in which I think would be a fair fight, but Thanos is too weak to withstand them otherwise making it pretty unfair.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@Dex_Starr said:

@termiteone4ever said:

There might be an argument if it was Darkseid without the OE in which I think would be a fair fight, but Thanos is too weak to withstand them otherwise making it pretty unfair.

Somehow You still didn't post any DS' feats...
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

@Killemall:And really dude? Darkseid gets downplayed alot more then Thanos does.

I generally see Darkseid get enough respect, apart from people like Hoboseid who obviously doesnt like darkseid, interesting enough he overhypes thanos though.

@Dex_Starr said:

I haven't lowballed Thanos, he has no feats to counteract what's already been stated.

He was amped against Tyrant, I'm not sure why Thanos getting his ass kicked by Odin is a credible feat, he begged for his life against a starving Galactus. He ran away from Thor. And he beat Kosmo AFTER she one shotted him.

I just dont understand i gave you enough feats.

Thanos didnt so much get his ass kicked, because he was standing didnt even have any injuries in his body and Odin is extremely powerful.

Galactus wasnt straving the point was he easily took his one full powered blast, which is a lot more than what Darkseid can deliver. Of course Galactus is a lot more powerful than Thanos no one's arguing that, and he's got a boost after that.

You are talking about Kosmos Koin him knowing that he has survived attacks from Odin, how is that not lowballing? Also Kosmo is meant to be an extremely powerful character, and she's a cosmic cube entity of course her attacks would be very powerful and he's got a boost after that.

Maybe that has to do with the fact that DC doesn't want one of their flagship characters getting incenerated? In any case they've already worked against characters as durable if not more durable than Supes. Including Doomsday, Aggog, Henshaw etc.

That doesnt really answer my question at all, were does it say Doomsday was actually killed the only reason he could beat darkseid was because he came back from being dead? I personally dont know who Aggog is so cant comment , havent seen Omega Beam work on doomsday but them i havent read every issue with doomsday in it, Henshaw hasnt done anything to show he's anywhere close to Thanos in durability. Therefore the question still remains, if it did not work on Superman what makes you think it would work on Thanos?

They actually did kill Doomsday, and the Lobo instance isn't even canon not to mention he's banned from the afterlife. Odin's blast didn't turn Thanos into dust, you make it sound as if Odin and Galactus were going all out against him. Darkseid isn't more powerful than these 2, but the Omega Effect is more powerful than a standard blast they might of used against Thanos.

Dont know about Doomsday instance, didnt know Lobo's instance wasnt cannon but the second part makes no sense. Thanos is banned from death's realm too, even more Thanos is an avatar of death dont see why the same wouldnt hold true for Thanos.

I dont see why Odin would hold back, Odin though Thanos was invading Asgard, he Koed drax and everyone else why would he all of a sudden hold back against Thanos who he sees as monster?

Galactus himself said it was a full powered blast.

So you are saying the shields that withstood Galactus full powered blast wouldnt be able to withstand Darkseid's blast.

Unless the god killer sword has feats or showings similar to the OE, then their not comparable.

If i am not wrong Godkiller has made Zeus bleed in one instance, i dont think it has anyother feats though. Its something Zeus had and is passed along to gods. It has always been said to be capable of killing even immortals and gods from Olympus seem to take it seriously.

Cyborg Superman's history has nothing to do with Thanos, but he's immortal, which seems to be the argument being thrown around for Thanos, that he can't die. Henshaw also survived attacks from Parallax and a contained blast that would of wiped out the milky way.

I havent seen either instance but i am willing to bet he didnt do so without major damage, although surviving Parallax's blast sounds iffy. The real difference is Thanso actually has lady death's protection rather than simply being immortal.

I never said Darkseid tanked a blast that harmed 2 abstract level beings, I was responding to the idea of Thanos withstanding an attack that harmed abstract level beings.

Apologies seem to have read that wrongly.

It's in Doomsday Countdown bio, it states that he died 3 times, against Superman, against Darkseid and against Imperiex

Like i said earlier, this doesnt serve your argument at all because Hunter Prey Doomsday does not have any feats before he gets killed by Darkseid, although i never really saw him killed in that arc, could have been a different arc. Because it was in H/P book 1, his feats start pouring in afterwards. We know he gets stronger after being killed, so i dont see how that's an impressive feat.

Thanos shields won't help because the OB can go intangible and bypass them, his durability means nothing either since Darkseids already creamed characters like Doomsday and Cyborg Supes and harmed characters more powerful than Thanos.

Oh jeez again? Thanos did not fight on equal footing with Odin, he got manhandled for pages and didn't land a single attack. I can't comment on the Lord Mar Vell thing but I don't recall Thanos ever beating Magus. Beating the Avengers would only be impressive if there were a few high tier characters on that team.

You don't have to agree with what I'm talking about with HP Doomsday but it's in his Countdown bio and can't be refuted

That would hold true had Thanos's shield been something created of material energy, which is not so. His shield is cosmic energy with mystical enhancement dont see how OB would get past it. Neither Doomsday (other versions apart from H/P) nor Cyborg Superman has feats to put them in Thanos durability, also there is the Death's protection and insane healing ability.

Harmed characters like Spectre and Imperix means nothing because we know Darkseid doesnt have enough strength to beat them. I dont see how Darkseid's attack harming Spectre is any different from Thanos knocking Galactus from his ship to show planet which in process even destroyed his helmet.

Well i was meant to type Tyrant, dont know how i ended up typing Odin.

I never said Thanos beat Magus, what I said was he defeated Mar Vell, one shotted him who in turn one shotted Magus who was so powerful that he was teleporting planets, Mar Vell who one shotted silver surfer, and Mar Vell was the person who fought nova prime and BRB i think (not sure on this one, have to read thanos imperative again) and beat them easily.

Also you have said nothing on how Darksied survives Thanos's cosmic blasts, or why Thanos couldnt simply fire his cosmic blast to stop Darkseid's OB just like Superman has done in the past.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Killemall

@Spartan101 said:

imo this is a battle of who likes who the most,thanos character i read more so him.

Cant disagree, same here mate :)

@termiteone4ever said:

how so?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

I haven't lowballed Thanos, he has no feats to counteract what's already been stated.

He was amped against Tyrant, I'm not sure why Thanos getting his ass kicked by Odin is a credible feat, he begged for his life against a starving Galactus. He ran away from Thor. And he beat Kosmo AFTER she one shotted him.

I just dont understand i gave you enough feats.

Thanos didnt so much get his ass kicked, because he was standing didnt even have any injuries in his body and Odin is extremely powerful.

Galactus wasnt straving the point was he easily took his one full powered blast, which is a lot more than what Darkseid can deliver. Of course Galactus is a lot more powerful than Thanos no one's arguing that, and he's got a boost after that.

You are talking about Kosmos Koin him knowing that he has survived attacks from Odin, how is that not lowballing? Also Kosmo is meant to be an extremely powerful character, and she's a cosmic cube entity of course her attacks would be very powerful and he's got a boost after that.

What feats? You said he fought Odin [which he didn't, he just stood there and got his ass kicked] if one character gets beaten on by another for numerous pages, that is a one sided ass kicking. Weather Thanos was standing there or not is irrelevant, he got no offense in. It doesn't matter how you try to rationalize it, it's not an impressive feat

Thanos never took a full powered blast from Galactus , Galactus just stated that he had to put effort into breaching his shields, that does NOT = full power.

You're assuming that Odin was going all out against Thanos and using that to correleate Kosmos, the blast she used against Thanos could of easily been more powerful than the pot shots Odin and Galactus used againts him. It doesn't mean Kosmos is more powerful, it means that her attack was greater.

@Killemall said:

That doesnt really answer my question at all, were does it say Doomsday was actually killed the only reason he could beat darkseid was because he came back from being dead? I personally dont know who Aggog is so cant comment , havent seen Omega Beam work on doomsday but them i havent read every issue with doomsday in it, Henshaw hasnt done anything to show he's anywhere close to Thanos in durability.

I'm not even sure what you're question is since your arguments not making any sense. It stated Doomsday was killed in Countdown. Henshaw survived attacks from Parallax who's leagues beyond both Odin and Galactus which you keep using in defense of him. Henshaw also survived a contained Galaxy destroying blast. If anything his durability feats are greater than Thanos'.

@Killemall said:

Therefore the question still remains, if it did not work on Superman what makes you think it would work on Thanos?

I've already answered this, he's one of DC's flagship characters. You keep throwing Superman in my face even though the OE worked on characters with greater durability than Superman.

@Killemall said:

Dont know about Doomsday instance, didnt know Lobo's instance wasnt cannon but the second part makes no sense. Thanos is banned from death's realm too, even more Thanos is an avatar of death dont see why the same wouldnt hold true for Thanos.

I dont see why Odin would hold back, Odin though Thanos was invading Asgard, he Koed drax and everyone else why would he all of a sudden hold back against Thanos who he sees as monster?

Galactus himself said it was a full powered blast.

So you are saying the shields that withstood Galactus full powered blast wouldnt be able to withstand Darkseid's blast.

For the 50th time it's Hunter Prey. Thanos isn't banned from Death's realm, he was shown standing next to her when Drax killed him.

So you actually believe that Odin was using galaxy busting attacks against Thanos? Even though he also asked Thanos several times if he wanted to yeild. Give me a break.

Scans please, if you're talking about the instance when Galactus was only a few times bigger than Thanos, then he was probably starving, and I only recall him saying he was putting effort into breaching his shields

No, I'm saying shields don't matter because the OB can BYPASS shields. He doesn't have to destroy them, the OB will go right through them.

@Killemall said:

Like i said earlier, this doesnt serve your argument at all because Hunter Prey Doomsday does not have any feats before he gets killed by Darkseid, although i never really saw him killed in that arc, could have been a different arc. Because it was in H/P book 1, his feats start pouring in afterwards. We know he gets stronger after being killed, so i dont see how that's an impressive feat.

Sorry but this is really half baked logic your using. Doomsday before Hunter Prey was able to manhandle the Justice League. Also Doomsday didn't gain any powerup between his fight with Darkseid and the end of Hunter Prey where had to dump him in the time stream. He doesn't get stronger after getting killed, he becomes immune to whatever killed him. There is no other story arc with Darkseid and Doomsday either.

@Killemall said:

That would hold true had Thanos's shield been something created of material energy, which is not so. His shield is cosmic energy with mystical enhancement dont see how OB would get past it. Neither Doomsday (other versions apart from H/P) nor Cyborg Superman has feats to put them in Thanos durability, also there is the Death's protection and insane healing ability.

Harmed characters like Spectre and Imperix means nothing because we know Darkseid doesnt have enough strength to beat them. I dont see how Darkseid's attack harming Spectre is any different from Thanos knocking Galactus from his ship to show planet which in process even destroyed his helmet.

Well i was meant to type Tyrant, dont know how i ended up typing Odin.

I never said Thanos beat Magus, what I said was he defeated Mar Vell, one shotted him who in turn one shotted Magus who was so powerful that he was teleporting planets, Mar Vell who one shotted silver surfer, and Mar Vell was the person who fought nova prime and BRB i think (not sure on this one, have to read thanos imperative again) and beat them easily.

Also you have said nothing on how Darksied survives Thanos's cosmic blasts, or why Thanos couldnt simply fire his cosmic blast to stop Darkseid's OB just like Superman has done in the past.

What does Thanos' shields being made out of cosmic and mystical energy have to do with anything? Cosmic and Mystical energy IS material energy, it's physical and unless you have proof that it can stop something that can go intangible then it's a no go.

Cyborg SUperman has better durability feats than Thanos does.

Darkseid doesn't have to beat them, because Thanos isn't in their league. Thanos knocking Galactus down means nothing either, Thing has done the same thing.

Lots of ABC logic there and CitizenBane pointed it out already. Darkseid wrecked Aggog who wrecked Orion and Lightray, Lightray is a guy who can create stars effortlessly. See what I di there?

Thanos cosmic blast? You make it seem like Thanos' cosmic blast are some uber powerful one shot kill? Thor's survived them, Silver Surfer has survived them. The OB are more powerful than any energy blast Thanos c an dish out. Constantly making correleations with Superman isn't helping your case either

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still waiting for an answer. Since I don't see it, I belive that @Dex_Starr admitted that:

Thanos wins.

If no then:
Prove that Cyborg has greater durability than Thanos. Post DS vs. Cyborg. Post Cyborg Cyborg's durability feats. 

BTW how does OB matter here... DS can't BFR Thanos and he can't put him down, since Thanos can regenerate from any injury and he also can't die. Now, what does matter - Can Thanos defeat DS? Yes, he can. Until someone can prove that DS can take DS attacks.
Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

What feats? You said he fought Odin [which he didn't, he just stood there and got his ass kicked] if one character gets beaten on by another for numerous pages, that is a one sided ass kicking. Weather Thanos was standing there or not is irrelevant, he got no offense in. It doesn't matter how you try to rationalize it, it's not an impressive feat

That fact that he one shotted Lord Mar Vell who was significantly above herald level given the fact that he was one shotting Surfer and Magus. The fact the he stood his ground against Odin, despite Odin hitting him with energy attacks. That standing there has a lot to do with it because Thanos wasnt KO that's as good as a durability feat as any, specially against someone who's a galaxybuster.

Thanos never took a full powered blast from Galactus , Galactus just stated that he had to put effort into breaching his shields, that does NOT = full power.

You're assuming that Odin was going all out against Thanos and using that to correleate Kosmos, the blast she used against Thanos could of easily been more powerful than the pot shots Odin and Galactus used againts him. It doesn't mean Kosmos is more powerful, it means that her attack was greater.

Thanos didnt but his Shield's did. Give me a good reason why an enranged Galactus would hold back on Thanos? Give me a reason why Odin who think Thanos to be a monster, who think he's invading Asgard would hold back on Thanos.

I never said Kosmos is more powerful than Odin or Galactus all i a saying is Kosomo (who was referred to as Beyonder in that issue) is a cosmic cube entity and as such she has pretty powerful attacks.

I'm not even sure what you're question is since your arguments not making any sense. It stated Doomsday was killed in Countdown. Henshaw survived attacks from Parallax who's leagues beyond both Odin and Galactus which you keep using in defense of him. Henshaw also survived a contained Galaxy destroying blast. If anything his durability feats are greater than Thanos'.

I dont understand why my argument doesnt make sense, what i said is pretty simply Doomsday comes back stronger after being killed. So if Darkseid killed him, before being killed H/P Doomsday has 0 credible feat, it was only after beating Darkseid he gets all his feats from.

And henshaw normally has been beaten Superman alone while Thanos doesnt fall to superman level being alone in the battle, Thanos has a lot better durability feats. Standing up to Odin and Galactus isnt all his feats. Being able to fight Tyrant on equal footing is one, being able to tank Thor blast when he increased his blast 100x fold while he had odin force with no damange, his durability feats are far beyond Henshaw.

I've already answered this, he's one of DC's flagship characters. You keep throwing Superman in my face even though the OE worked on characters with greater durability than Superman.

Yet you have posted no example to prove his OB would work on someone at Thanos's durability all you have been saying is Superman is a flagship character, or just assuming Henshaw, a superman level being, is as durable as Thanos.

For the 50th time it's Hunter Prey. Thanos isn't banned from Death's realm, he was shown standing next to her when Drax killed him.

So you actually believe that Odin was using galaxy busting attacks against Thanos? Even though he also asked Thanos several times if he wanted to yeild. Give me a break.

Scans please, if you're talking about the instance when Galactus was only a few times bigger than Thanos, then he was probably starving, and I only recall him saying he was putting effort into breaching his shields

No, I'm saying shields don't matter because the OB can BYPASS shields. He doesn't have to destroy them, the OB will go right through them.

Yes its H/P doomsday before he performed any feats and was killed and did all his feats after ressurection. We know he comes back stronger after dying.

Thanos is BANNED from Death's realm, as demostrated as adequately as possible in Cosmic Powers Unlimited Issue 1, death standing besides Thanos has nothing to do with Thanos going to death's realm or Thanos actually dying.

Why would Odin hold back, just because you dont like Thanos doesnt mean you start conjuring your own stories. Odin even used his staff, why else would he do so if he intended to hold back ? Makes no sense.

I dont have the scans, and yes i am talking about thanos's mini series dont think he has fought Galactus a second time. And your logic behing Galactus was starving was because he appeared only few times bigger than Thanos? Wow how interesting. Galactus appears to people different , his size has no corelation whatsoever to him being starving or otherwise.

And what i am saying is his shields are cosmic and MYSTICAL in nature, and seeing how OB failed to bypass Wonder Woman's bracelate, i dont see how it would bypass thanos's shield. Also you have the whole death's protection to prevent it from working.

Sorry but this is really half baked logic your using. Doomsday before Hunter Prey was able to manhandle the Justice League. Also Doomsday didn't gain any powerup between his fight with Darkseid and the end of Hunter Prey where had to dump him in the time stream. He doesn't get stronger after getting killed, he becomes immune to whatever killed him. There is no other story arc with Darkseid and Doomsday either.

Firstly for his feats of beating Justice League to count it has to be the same version of Doomsday, Hunter Prey Doomsday is his own version, else Doomsday after this version would have to be even more powerful than H/P which isnt the case.

What does Thanos' shields being made out of cosmic and mystical energy have to do with anything? Cosmic and Mystical energy IS material energy, it's physical and unless you have proof that it can stop something that can go intangible then it's a no go.

Cyborg SUperman has better durability feats than Thanos does.

Darkseid doesn't have to beat them, because Thanos isn't in their league. Thanos knocking Galactus down means nothing either, Thing has done the same thing.

Lots of ABC logic there and CitizenBane pointed it out already. Darkseid wrecked Aggog who wrecked Orion and Lightray, Lightray is a guy who can create stars effortlessly. See what I di there?

Thanos cosmic blast? You make it seem like Thanos' cosmic blast are some uber powerful one shot kill? Thor's survived them, Silver Surfer has survived them. The OB are more powerful than any energy blast Thanos c an dish out. Constantly making correleations with Superman isn't helping your case either

First there is a huge difference between energy , magic and matter.

Darkseid's OB failed to go through a bracelet that was mystical, so i can ask you the same question. Unless you can prove 2 things

1) OB can pierce mystical barriers

2) Works on someone with death's protection its a no go for you either.

and no Cyborg Superman DOESNT.

Where did you see ABC logic in my argument?

Because in Thanos Imperative his cosmic blast looked a whole lot powerful and was killing people who were devoid of death, also the mystical enhancement it gets from him being a true avatar of death means he can cast killing blows to being who are immortal, like Darkseid who's not even truely immortal.

OB > Thanos's energy attack - PROVE it.

I am not making a case with Superman, you havent answered any of my queries, why couldnt thanos simply block the OB with his cosmic blast like superman has done with his heat vision, why cant he simply curb his OB like Firestrom has done so?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

That fact that he one shotted Lord Mar Vell who was significantly above herald level given the fact that he was one shotting Surfer and Magus. The fact the he stood his ground against Odin, despite Odin hitting him with energy attacks. That standing there has a lot to do with it because Thanos wasnt KO that's as good as a durability feat as any, specially against someone who's a galaxybuster.

Odin was going all out - he was using Grungir to boost/concentrate his energy attacks.
Even if OB would be that powerfull - energy attack should destroy some parts of Thanos body or kill him and none of this can happen no matter how strong this shot will be.

@Killemall said:

I dont understand why my argument doesnt make sense, what i said is pretty simply Doomsday comes back stronger after being killed. So if Darkseid killed him, before being killed H/P Doomsday has 0 credible feat, it was only after beating Darkseid he gets all his feats from.

And henshaw normally has been beaten Superman alone while Thanos doesnt fall to superman level being alone in the battle, Thanos has a lot better durability feats. Standing up to Odin and Galactus isnt all his feats. Being able to fight Tyrant on equal footing is one, being able to tank Thor blast when he increased his blast 100x fold while he had odin force with no damange, his durability feats are far beyond Henshaw.

It also does matter how Henshaw survived Parallax attacks (if this was Kyle, it doesn't even matter) and how DS defeated him. 
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr said:

Ok...so you have a feat of him beating a guy who supposedly above Herald level. Even though Darksied one shotted a guy who manhandled 2 New Gods. And Thanos getting his ass kicked by Odin for several pages. That's all you've got...Odin being a galaxy buster means nothing because he wasn't using galaxy busting attacks against Thanos.

@Killemall said:

Thanos didnt but his Shield's did. Give me a good reason why an enranged Galactus would hold back on Thanos? Give me a reason why Odin who think Thanos to be a monster, who think he's invading Asgard would hold back on Thanos.

I never said Kosmos is more powerful than Odin or Galactus all i a saying is Kosomo (who was referred to as Beyonder in that issue) is a cosmic cube entity and as such she has pretty powerful attacks

And once again his shields won't come into play here since the OB can bypass them. Why would Galactus have any reason to go all out against a character who's much weaker then he is? He only stated that he had to put effort into breaching his shields, and somehow that translates into Galactus giving it 1005? Give me a break dude....

Right...Odin thought Thanos was a monster and wanted to kill him...that's why he asked him if he wanted to YIELD several times...again....break...

@Killemall said:

And henshaw normally has been beaten Superman alone while Thanos doesnt fall to superman level being alone in the battle, Thanos has a lot better durability feats. Standing up to Odin and Galactus isnt all his feats. Being able to fight Tyrant on equal footing is one, being able to tank Thor blast when he increased his blast 100x fold while he had odin force with no damange, his durability feats are far beyond Henshaw

Do you just love repeating yourself? Once again, Doomsday before H/P manhandled the Justice League. Doomsday doesn't get stronger when he comes back, he only becomes immune to whatever killed him.

Once again, he fought Tyrant because he had an AMP by Tryrant's own tech which he stole.

Again...show Thanos surviving a contained galaxy destroying blast...show Thanos surviving attacks that from someone similiar to Parallax...until you do either of these then no, Thanos' durability is not on Henshaw's level.

Yet you have posted no example to prove his OB would work on someone at Thanos's durability all you have been saying is Superman is a flagship character, or just assuming Henshaw, a superman level being, is as durable as Thanos.

And yet I've posted the OB harming the Spectre and Imperiex, killing Doomsday in 2 shots and working on Henshaw who took a blast from Parallax and survived a contained galaxy busting feat [something Thanos has never come close to doing]

@Killemall said:

Yes its H/P doomsday before he performed any feats and was killed and did all his feats after ressurection. We know he comes back stronger after dying.

Thanos is BANNED from Death's realm, as demostrated as adequately as possible in Cosmic Powers Unlimited Issue 1, death standing besides Thanos has nothing to do with Thanos going to death's realm or Thanos actually dying.

Why would Odin hold back, just because you dont like Thanos doesnt mean you start conjuring your own stories. Odin even used his staff, why else would he do so if he intended to hold back ? Makes no sense.

I dont have the scans, and yes i am talking about thanos's mini series dont think he has fought Galactus a second time. And your logic behing Galactus was starving was because he appeared only few times bigger than Thanos? Wow how interesting. Galactus appears to people different , his size has no corelation whatsoever to him being starving or otherwise.

And what i am saying is his shields are cosmic and MYSTICAL in nature, and seeing how OB failed to bypass Wonder Woman's bracelate, i dont see how it would bypass thanos's shield. Also you have the whole death's protection to prevent it from working.

ole lot powerful and was killing people who were devoid of death, also the mystical enhancement it gets from him being a true avatar of death means he can cast killing blows to being who are immortal, like Darkseid who's not even truely immortal.

No, he doesn't. He only becomes immune.

Ok, but you're agreeing with me that Thanos before TI can actually die....

It has nothing to do with weather I like Thanos or not. It's common sense. It sounds like you Thanos so much that you're trying to tell me that Odin was going all out, tossing galaxy destroying blast [which would of destroyed Asgard in the process] Even though he asked him in the next panel if he wanted to surrender.

No, I' was pointing out that instance where Galactus was only a few times bigger than Thanos, not using it as proof that he was starving.

In the instance of Wonder Woman blocking the OB with her bracelets, Darkseid was aiming at Superman before she jumped in the way and deflected the blast. It has nothinjg to do with being unable to penetrace mystical defenses, it has to do with the fact that Darkseid wasn't expecting her to jump in the way of the beams.

Thanos being protected by Death means nothing since the OE doesn't just kill, they could easily erase Thanos out of existence as well.

@Killemall said:

Firstly for his feats of beating Justice League to count it has to be the same version of Doomsday, Hunter Prey Doomsday is his own version, else Doomsday after this version would have to be even more powerful than H/P which isnt the case.

Are you freaking kidding me with this? The Doomsday from Death of Superman and the Doomsday from Hunter Prey are the same character. That'd be like saying you can't use Thanos feats from Infinity Abyss and from Annhilation. Again...half baked logic.

@Killemall said:

First there is a huge difference between energy , magic and matter.

Darkseid's OB failed to go through a bracelet that was mystical, so i can ask you the same question. Unless you can prove 2 things

1) OB can pierce mystical barriers

2) Works on someone with death's protection its a no go for you either.

and no Cyborg Superman DOESNT.

Where did you see ABC logic in my argument?

Because in Thanos Imperative his cosmic blast looked a whole lot powerful and was killing people who were devoid of death, also the mystical enhancement it gets from him being a true avatar of death means he can cast killing blows to being who are immortal, like Darkseid who's not even truely immortal.

OB > Thanos's energy attack - PROVE it.

I am not making a case with Superman, you havent answered any of my queries, why couldnt thanos simply block the OB with his cosmic blast like superman has done with his heat vision, why cant he simply curb his OB like Firestrom has done so?

OB failed to go through a bracelet that was mystical because he didn't even try to phase through it, because he was aiming at Superman and Wonder Woman jumped in the way.

1. Yes, I've already explained the WW instance twice

2. Death doesn't protect against being erased from existence

You used ABC logic because you said Thanos beat this guy, who beat that guy, who teleported planets. It's a giant chain of beating characters to credit one character.

Darkseid is kind of immortal since the Source will keep bringing him back because he's the negative charge in the universe, it was in that same fight with the Spectre.

OB = Harmed Spectre, Imperiex, 2 shotted Hunter Prey DD and Henshaw who has greater durability feats than Thanos

Thanos blast=....knocking back Galactus...that's all you've got...Ben Grimm has knocked Galactus on his ass also.

Really? You're going to use some low showings with Superman and Firestorm? Ok/....what's to stop Darkseid from kicking Thanos in the face like Gamora and Spiderman did? Hell if that's the case Darkseid would probably take off Thanos' head with a single hit.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#160  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

IMO Thanos has higher showings, even though most of their showings are very equal.

Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Mina319

If this is jobberseid then thanos stomps, if this is pre crises darkseid then darkseid stomps

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#162  Edited By nickthedevil

@Dex_Starr said:

@nickthedevil said:

He's not online bro. Chill.

He was when I asked. and I'm pretty sure I wasn't talking to you either...

but i was talking to you. so theres that.

but i digress, the attitude is not needed, so i will leave it there.

As for the thread, i'm equally divided. i can only say stalemate or Thanos by a hair. or even Darkseid by a hair.

it's a toss up, IMO decided by who is liked better.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Mina319 said:

If this is jobberseid then thanos stomps, if this is pre crises darkseid then darkseid stomps

Here's an idea...try reading a comic with Darkseid in it...there's no such thing as Jobberseid, it's a misconception spread by people who DON'T read comics with the character in it. I can just as easily say Jobernos if I wanted to...

Mina319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Mina319

@Dex_Starr: I do read comics, I know darkseid wasnt SUPPOSED to be affected by the crises. fine if its jeph loebs darkseid then thanos stomps if its jack kirbys dakseid, then darkseid stomps

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr: Is there a reason why you are blatantly ignoring what Samuels666 have been asking?

@Dex_Starr said:

Ok...so you have a feat of him beating a guy who supposedly above Herald level. Even though Darksied one shotted a guy who manhandled 2 New Gods. And Thanos getting his ass kicked by Odin for several pages. That's all you've got...Odin being a galaxy buster means nothing because he wasn't using galaxy busting attacks against Thanos.

Thanos has beaten everyone he's faced throughout cosmic, The Avengers, Captain Marvel, Lord Mar Vell, Silver Surfer, Thor, The Fallen One, Kosmos (referred to ask beyonder), as has feats of fighting being a lot more powerful than Darkseid like Odin and Tyrant.

Ok even you if say Odin was holding back, how do you explain him not being phased after Thor attacked him with 100X powers from him hammer while he had odinforce? or how do you explain Thanos being able to tank 2 hits from the cosmic cube during Thanos Imperative. Thanos has uber durability and feats to show that.

And once again his shields won't come into play here since the OB can bypass them. Why would Galactus have any reason to go all out against a character who's much weaker then he is? He only stated that he had to put effort into breaching his shields, and somehow that translates into Galactus giving it 1005? Give me a break dude....

Right...Odin thought Thanos was a monster and wanted to kill him...that's why he asked him if he wanted to YIELD several times...again....break...

I dont think OB has ever gone past a mystical shield before so as such i dont think Ob will get past Thanos's shield either.

Odin and Galactus we can just agree to disagree.

Still you havent said how does OB harm someone who wasnt harmed by Odin attacks (even though he was holding some of it back, as you think), Galactus, Cosmic Cube attack, 100X powerful blast from Odin Force Thor?

And yet I've posted the OB harming the Spectre and Imperiex, killing Doomsday in 2 shots and working on Henshaw who took a blast from Parallax and survived a contained galaxy busting feat [something Thanos has never come close to doing]

Firstly you havent posted a single scan. Secondly all we know is Spectre acknoweledge pain and Imperiex has his armor damaged, so the best this shows is OB will cause Thanos pain (a bit more than what Spectre Acknolowedge) that's not enough to win a fight.

Scans please?

Do you just love repeating yourself? Once again, Doomsday before H/P manhandled the Justice League. Doomsday doesn't get stronger when he comes back, he only becomes immune to whatever killed him.

Once again, he fought Tyrant because he had an AMP by Tryrant's own tech which he stole.

Again...show Thanos surviving a contained galaxy destroying blast...show Thanos surviving attacks that from someone similiar to Parallax...until you do either of these then no, Thanos' durability is not on Henshaw's level.

Not but you apparently love avoiding questions when you dont have answers.

Thanos wasnt amped when he fought Tyrant, all he did was looked through the knoweledge from his computer and brought the orb along, assuming we are talking about the same fight in Cosmic Power Unlimited 6, i have the issue with me right now and i can show you the whole issue. He only use the orb to deflect Tyrants attacks, that doesnt help when he was arm-locked with Tyrant in a battle, that doesnt help when Tyrant's blast actually hit thanos and Tyrant himself said he wanted to kill thanos, all the blast managed to do was tear thanos's clothes.

No, he doesn't. He only becomes immune.

Ok, but you're agreeing with me that Thanos before TI can actually die....

It has nothing to do with weather I like Thanos or not. It's common sense. It sounds like you Thanos so much that you're trying to tell me that Odin was going all out, tossing galaxy destroying blast [which would of destroyed Asgard in the process] Even though he asked him in the next panel if he wanted to surrender.

No, I' was pointing out that instance where Galactus was only a few times bigger than Thanos, not using it as proof that he was starving.

In the instance of Wonder Woman blocking the OB with her bracelets, Darkseid was aiming at Superman before she jumped in the way and deflected the blast. It has nothinjg to do with being unable to penetrace mystical defenses, it has to do with the fact that Darkseid wasn't expecting her to jump in the way of the beams.

Thanos being protected by Death means nothing since the OE doesn't just kill, they could easily erase Thanos out of existence as well.

Where on earth did i agree Thanos Before TI can die? thanos has been banned from death ever since Cosmic Power Unlimited issue 1 (1995).

I said from my first post i like Thanos, but dont you see the difference between us, i am saying either can win but whoever wins it will be 40/60 rather than stomp, and if you read through the debated most people have same opinion.

if you arent using Galactus's size as a proof to he was starving (which you were before you just changed your mind) what makes you think Galactus was starving that you been claiming all the while?

Well is there any instance where OB has gone through mystical barriers?

It does, it increases the power of thanos attack because now he is an avatar of death, like being able to kill Lord Mar Vel in the universe devoid of death, and killing people right, left and center on the same universe.

Erasing from death can either be through reality manipulation or through killing someone, he cant be killed and is immune to reality manipulation. So you tell me how does he get erased from existence.

Are you freaking kidding me with this? The Doomsday from Death of Superman and the Doomsday from Hunter Prey are the same character. That'd be like saying you can't use Thanos feats from Infinity Abyss and from Annhilation. Again...half baked logic.

Isnt it? There is such a huge difference in Doomsday's power before and after H/P doomsday. I dont get it, if its the same doomsday how would booster gold be able to hold his own against something that soloed the justice league, or how would Vixen be able to KO a doomsday that did.

OB failed to go through a bracelet that was mystical because he didn't even try to phase through it, because he was aiming at Superman and Wonder Woman jumped in the way.

1. Yes, I've already explained the WW instance twice

2. Death doesn't protect against being erased from existence

You used ABC logic because you said Thanos beat this guy, who beat that guy, who teleported planets. It's a giant chain of beating characters to credit one character.

Darkseid is kind of immortal since the Source will keep bringing him back because he's the negative charge in the universe, it was in that same fight with the Spectre.

OB = Harmed Spectre, Imperiex, 2 shotted Hunter Prey DD and Henshaw who has greater durability feats than Thanos

Thanos blast=....knocking back Galactus...that's all you've got...Ben Grimm has knocked Galactus on his ass also.

Really? You're going to use some low showings with Superman and Firestorm? Ok/....what's to stop Darkseid from kicking Thanos in the face like Gamora and Spiderman did? Hell if that's the case Darkseid would probably take off Thanos' head with a single hit.

No you didnt, at least not before this post.

IT does, no reality warping, no killed, how do you erase someone from existence.

and no i am not, you said you dont know about Lord Mar Vell, so by showing whom he has killed or one shotted i was trying to give you an indication to how powerful Mar Vell is.

Firstly the instance with Spectre was a major PIS because it makes sense why? because the reason Spectre is apparently not able to kill Darkseid is because he's the god of evil and negative charge to the universe which cannot survive without him. Yet DC universe is a lot older than Darkseid, and Darkseid has died in the past.

Oh so now you are comparing a normal Galactus vs Galactus who's powers were siphoned off using reed tech, who's powers were diminished after Dr. Strange Mystically attacked and finally thing punched him and knocked him down, Thanos on the other hand sent Galactus flying from his ship to a planet and even blew out his helmet, that are so the same thing.

How is that low showing, Firestrom was able to create a funnel to channel back his OB and superman used his heatvision to stop OB, how on earth is that low balling.

Spiderman never came close to hurting Thanos, also Gamora was being trained by Thanos himself and as such even Gamora herself admitted that thanos was letting him hit her, so either you did not know this, or you choose to ignore it? which one is it?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#166  Edited By Saren

@Killemall: Can Thanos time travel?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Killemall said:

@Dex_Starr: Is there a reason why you are blatantly ignoring what Samuels666 have been asking?

Of course there is. More than one actually.
1.He easily turn offensive when I want proves from him. Accroding to my experience with him, he thinks that everyone has to belive to his words without any scans that prove his opinion.
2.He doesn't have these scans - if he would, he would already post them. My advice: Don't take Cyborg's fight with DS or Parallax until he will post them. BTW, he didn't even tried to answer about DS durability or strength feats. Not that it didn't happen, but context matters. A specially with people like Cyborg who could be trapped in some weak metal body or who wasn't. Or he was using many bodies at once or something similar. Outside energy source or shields, IDK... For months I've seen a scan in which DS was using  microsecond reaction, until I've read a comic and it was shown that his powers and stats were boosted by Etrigan's energy.

EDIT:
@CitizenBane said:

He can't, but why does that matter? I belive that You want to say that Darkseid will kill Thanos when he was a child, yes? This won't work - he will just create a new timeline.
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Emperorb777

@Immortal777 said:

@codin18: Thanos can be KO,BFR,Incapacitated or just erased from existence.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Immortal777 said:

@Immortal777 said:

You've didn't read this thread, didn't You? No offense, but:
Thanos is at least highly resistant to reality warping (look on Thanos Quest, when he came to realm in which In-Betweener was trapped) + Death protects him.
BFR isn't an option since Thanos can teleport even between dimensions (again Thanos Quest).
KO - by energy: It would have to be greater than Odin's attack. By strength: Prove that DS is stronger than Thanos.
Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Emperorb777

@czarny_samael666: He can be BFR back in time also the rest i'll ignore for the same reason as Dex_Starr

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Saren

I'm all for bickering and juvenile insults, but if this thread is going anywhere some scans might be needed.

Darkseid vs Henshaw:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Darkseid destroyed his body and imprisoned his consciousness inside a golden ball before it could escape into any nearby machinery.

Henshaw vs Parallax was in Final Night, I think. I don't have the scans for that.

As for the stuff about Thanos knocking Galactus on his ass:

No Caption Provided

I did not ask if Thanos could time-travel because I thought Darkseid could kill him as a child. I asked because Darkseid possesses the ability to BFR people through the timestream and leave them stranded at any point in the past.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I have not @ replied to anyone(and please, don't tag me or reply to this post). It's not that I have a problem with anyone, I simply do not have the patience to discuss cosmic battles anymore. They irritate me now. Go street level or go home, that's my new motto. You can address any of these points if you want, just don't tag me in the post.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Saren

And that Firestorm incident is Pre-Crisis.

Masterr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Masterr

Darkseid IMO

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Killemall

@CitizenBane said:

Sorry if you get two responses, i tried to post before for some reason it didnt go through.

Firestrom incident is pre-crisis, although if i am not wrong the superman incident isnt. Also what Darkseid's OB more powerful pre-crisis?

@CitizenBane said:

I have never seen him time travel, but he could teleport from dimensions and could teleport to and from soul gem as he pleased so probably he could, but than that's just what i feel, no way can i prove he can actually time travel. Also I dont think simply because darkseid can teleport him to the past should give him victory every time, probably give him 1 or 2 wins out of 10. Also there is the whole thing that his OB might not work because of Thanos's durability. Its obvious that Darkseid wasnt capable of BFRing Spectre and Imperix to the past, well BFRing Spectre to the past wouldnt have gained anything anyways, but Imperix would have been prisioned in the past.

@Immortal777 said:

@Immortal777 said:

I do believe i addressed this issue before, did i not. Thanos can be KOed its not like its unKOable (if such a term even exists) but it take a lot of power to KO him, i dont really think Omega Beam is near strong enough to KO thanos given the fact that he has tanked 1 angry blast from Galactus, couple of blasts from Odin, 2 blast from cosmic cube, 100X charged powers from OF thor etc. Incapaciate is along the same line, how exactly is Darkseid going to incapacitate Thanos?

Erasing from existence doesnt not work as well because the only way on can be earsed out of existence is either by killed him so completely that his soul doesnt even exists, so being able to warp him out of reality. Thanos is immune to both.

Not saying Darksied cannot beat Thanos, he probably could, but it certainly wont be as easily as people here are trying to make it sound.

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is gonna see the Darkseid of things

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall:

I ignore Czarny because he is a notorious troll who will pick the Marvel character despite how much evidence has been provided, uses double standards and pretty much pulls any excuse he can think of despite how ridiculous it sounds. It's been hilarious watching him try to get my attention

Now...

The only one's you named that are credible opponents are Surfer and Thor [who i've never seen Thanos actually beat] Fallen One and Kosmos are practically featless, and you complained about Doomsday being featless even though he has more feats than FO and Kosmos combined. Captain Marvel [Mar Vell] isn't even worth mentioning. The only other person you mentioned was Lord Mar Vell.

Thanos was actually immortal during the TI, Thanos surviving a blast from Thor, as I've already stated I've given Thanos the edge if durability but Thor even with the OF was never as powerful as Odin was, unless you have comparable feats.

What you think is irrelevant, the fact is the OB can bypass shields regardless of weather their mystical or not, and only argument you had was Wonder Woman deflecting them even though it's out of context.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the Galactus thing because we're clearly disagreeing with it. The OB isn't just some blast that's going to incenerate Thanos, there going to erase him from existence, that's primarly what the OB do.

I don't have to show scans of Darkseid harming characters that Odin couldn't hurt. I've already shown scans of Darkseid harming characters that are leagues beyond Odin and one of them leagues beyond Galactus.

Yes, Thanos was amped in that fight with Tyrant, he was using the orb in the actual fight and was later shown using the orb to amp his own power.

Firstly you havent posted a single scan. Secondly all we know is Spectre acknoweledge pain and Imperiex has his armor damaged, so the best this shows is OB will cause Thanos pain (a bit more than what Spectre Acknolowedge) that's not enough to win a fight.

You're comparing Thanos to characters that are literally millions of times more powerful than he is. A bit more pain than what the Spectre acknowledge? Are you serious with this? Even if the OB only caused the Spectre what would be an inch to a normal human, that blast would still wipe Thanos from existence. What a ridiculous comparison.

Isnt it? There is such a huge difference in Doomsday's power before and after H/P doomsday. I dont get it, if its the same doomsday how would booster gold be able to hold his own against something that soloed the justice league, or how would Vixen be able to KO a doomsday that did.

What comic were you reading? Doomsday beat the hell out of Booster Gold. Vixen wasn't in that storyline either.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here either, are you arguing that DOS Doomsday was more powerful than H/P or Vice Versa? H/P is obviously the more powerful version since Superman enhanced with a Mother box couldn't beat him. This is the version that Darkseid managed to kill before he came back immune to the OB.

I said from my first post i like Thanos, but dont you see the difference between us, i am saying either can win but whoever wins it will be 40/60 rather than stomp, and if you read through the debated most people have same opinion.

if you arent using Galactus's size as a proof to he was starving (which you were before you just changed your mind) what makes you think Galactus was starving that you been claiming all the while?

Well is there any instance where OB has gone through mystical barriers

It would only be a fair fight if DS didn't have the OB, he has them here which means Thanos will get one shotted.

I'm only making sure that were talking about the same instance, because I've only seen one instance where Thanos survived an attack from Galactus, where Galactus only stated that he put in effort to breach his shields [not his full power which is complete nonsense on your part] and had Thanos begging for mercy minutes later.

It's gone through barries befores, one's that Orion made specifically to block it. Why should mystical barriers be any different? Because you say so?

No you didnt, at least not before this post.

IT does, no reality warping, no killed, how do you erase someone from existence.

and no i am not, you said you dont know about Lord Mar Vell, so by showing whom he has killed or one shotted i was trying to give you an indication to how powerful Mar Vell is.

Firstly the instance with Spectre was a major PIS because it makes sense why? because the reason Spectre is apparently not able to kill Darkseid is because he's the god of evil and negative charge to the universe which cannot survive without him. Yet DC universe is a lot older than Darkseid, and Darkseid has died in the past.

Oh so now you are comparing a normal Galactus vs Galactus who's powers were siphoned off using reed tech, who's powers were diminished after Dr. Strange Mystically attacked and finally thing punched him and knocked him down, Thanos on the other hand sent Galactus flying from his ship to a planet and even blew out his helmet, that are so the same thing.

How is that low showing, Firestrom was able to create a funnel to channel back his OB and superman used his heatvision to stop OB, how on earth is that low balling.

Spiderman never came close to hurting Thanos, also Gamora was being trained by Thanos himself and as such even Gamora herself admitted that thanos was letting him hit her, so either you did not know this, or you choose to ignore it? which one is it?

I addressed it right after you brought it up.

The OB aren't reality warping.

Who said he was older than the universe? Yuga Khan was the negative charge in the universe before Darkseid and so on and so on.

What does Galactus' powers being siphoned have to do with anything? Galactus, as powerful as he is, still only weighs several hundred tons, it would be easy for a character to send him back, because that has nothing to do with his power. If Superman for example punched Galactus and he didn't brace himself, it would send him flying back several miles.

It's a low showing because for one, Darkseid's already shown that he can turn off Firestorm's powers anytime he wants, the OB would also have phased through the funnel he made.

Same with Superman, they could of easily phased through his HV. Both instances are out of character and low showings

Yes, Spiderman did hurt Thanos, when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. If he didn't hurt him Spiderman would of bounced right off of Thanos and probably have shattered his foot on contact.

Same with Gamora, weather you Thanos was letting her hit him or not is irrelevant, she managed to draw blood from him despite not being a class 100

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall said:

said:

Sorry if you get two responses, i tried to post before for some reason it didnt go through.

Firestrom incident is pre-crisis, although if i am not wrong the superman incident isnt. Also what Darkseid's OB more powerful pre-crisis?

said:

I have never seen him time travel, but he could teleport from dimensions and could teleport to and from soul gem as he pleased so probably he could, but than that's just what i feel, no way can i prove he can actually time travel. Also I dont think simply because darkseid can teleport him to the past should give him victory every time, probably give him 1 or 2 wins out of 10. Also there is the whole thing that his OB might not work because of Thanos's durability. Its obvious that Darkseid wasnt capable of BFRing Spectre and Imperix to the past, well BFRing Spectre to the past wouldnt have gained anything anyways, but Imperix would have been prisioned in the past.

@Immortal777 said:

@Immortal777 said:

I do believe i addressed this issue before, did i not. Thanos can be KOed its not like its unKOable (if such a term even exists) but it take a lot of power to KO him, i dont really think Omega Beam is near strong enough to KO thanos given the fact that he has tanked 1 angry blast from Galactus, couple of blasts from Odin, 2 blast from cosmic cube, 100X charged powers from OF thor etc. Incapaciate is along the same line, how exactly is Darkseid going to incapacitate Thanos?

Erasing from existence doesnt not work as well because the only way on can be earsed out of existence is either by killed him so completely that his soul doesnt even exists, so being able to warp him out of reality. Thanos is immune to both.

Not saying Darksied cannot beat Thanos, he probably could, but it certainly wont be as easily as people here are trying to make it sound.

Yes, the OB pre crisis were more powerful, Darkseid could channel them through other characters like he did Alexander Luthor, and they were powerful enough to harm characters like Anti Monitor

Why would Darkseid BFR'ing Thanos to the end of time only give him one or 2 wins when if he wanted to he could do it every time? And there would be nothing Thanos can do about it.

Seriously...STOP comparing Thanos to Imperiex and the Spectre...they are characters leagues beyond Thanos' so a comparison cannot be made. And as I've already explained Thanos isn't durable enough to withstand them. Cyborg Superman is more durable than Thanos is and the OB smoked him, so yes they will one shot Thanos.

Meat_Spinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Meat_Spinner

@Dex_Starr:

Pfft, please.

Thanos takes hits from the likes of Odin and his blasts are powerufl enough to send Galactus drifting while Darkseid gets trashed and knocked around by Supes punches.

I'm not saying Darkseed is no mach for Thanos - i'm saying the only reason peoples are still debating is because of the flipping Omega Beanzz.

But Thanos is more of a badass then Dorkspeed ever was! Like in a destroying-the-all-of-reality-ust-to-get-bored-of-it-and-then restore-it-all-back kinda way?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Meat_Spinner said:

@Dex_Starr:

Pfft, please.

Thanos takes hits from the likes of Odin and his blasts are powerufl enough to send Galactus drifting while Darkseid gets trashed and knocked around by Supes punches.

I'm not saying Darkseed is no mach for Thanos - i'm saying the only reason peoples are still debating is because of the flipping Omega Beanzz.

But Thanos is more of a badass then Dorkspeed ever was! Like in a destroying-the-all-of-reality-ust-to-get-bored-of-it-and-then restore-it-all-back kinda way?

Great argument, because using words like Omega beanzz and Dorkspeed is going to make people take you seriously around here....

Meat_Spinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Meat_Spinner
No Caption Provided

Great counter-argument.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BFR through time can work, but it doesn't change anything. Both are immortal, so they would find each other. If DS will bring Thanos to the beginning of teim - Thanos would just hide and wait for DS. If DS will push him forward, they will meet in future. Other thing is that OB would have to work on Thanos. Best person who was fully affected by OB were Superman and Cyborg. Thanos defences are above that.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Dex_Starr

Thanos can't survive a contained galaxy destroying attack, and can't survive being attacked by a character above abstract level. He loses.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Emperorb777

I can't believe Thanos durability is being compared to The damn Spectre WTF.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dex_Starr said:

Thanos can't survive a contained galaxy destroying attack, and can't survive being attacked by a character above abstract level. He loses.

He wins, Darkseid can't destroy a galaxy, until he is boosterd somehow. Neither can Thanos of course, but Thanos wins battles due to his durability - DS to his OB.
Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Dex_Starr

Darkseid destroyed a character that survived a galaxy destroying attack. The OB will one shot Thanos.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Show me this.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Dex_Starr

Go read SCW when they detonated War World, Henshaw was caught in the blast that was contained by the Lanterns and survived.

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#188  Edited By nickthedevil

Wait... His sentience survived didn't it? Not his actual body... So how is that durability?

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Dex_Starr

Parts of his body did survive, he could of easily reassimilated himself but he wanted to die, then the manhunters took him away.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So it isn't a prove at all. 
BTW it would ABC logic, much more than saying that Thanos can easily survive galaxy busting attack since Odin used full power (since he needed to boost it) in his blast against him.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Dex_Starr

Right, except Odin didn't use full power or galaxy destroying attacks against Thanos.

So Thanos doesn't have comparable feats, which means he gets one shotted in this fight.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right except that Odin used full power. DS doesn't have any really great durabiltiy feats, so he will be turned into stone, like some Skrull.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Dex_Starr

Right, except it stated no where that Odin used his full power and he asked Thanos if he wanted to surrender.

Hence he gets one shotted

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin had to use his weapon to concentrate his energy - try again.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Dex_Starr

Doesn't mean he was using full power....try again...

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes it means that, because for most of this fight he didn't use it. When he saw that his energy attacks has no effect, he summoned Grungir to shoot his energy in more precisive way.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Dex_Starr

Shoot his energy in a precise way =/= bombardment with galaxy busting attacks. There is no proof of Odin using all of his power to fight Thanos, especially since he asked Thanos to surrender.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Killemall

@Dex_Starr said:

@Killemall:

I ignore Czarny because he is a notorious troll who will pick the Marvel character despite how much evidence has been provided, uses double standards and pretty much pulls any excuse he can think of despite how ridiculous it sounds. It's been hilarious watching him try to get my attention

Now...

Firstly i think its extremely harsh calling him a troll i totally disagree. I have to admit i have seen Czarny actively defend marvel character more often than he defends a DC character, although he has many times stated a DC character would win. Personally i dont see how that is much different from you, please dont get me wrong i am not calling you a troll or a fan boy, but i have seen you actively defend DC character more often than you do Marvel characters. Yes you have gone on to acknoweledge on various threads that a marvel character should win over Dc, i personally havent seen you actively defend a marvel character much like Samules, so thats blatantly wrong from where i stand. One tend to actively argue for character of whom he has the best knoweledge of, to me it looks like samuels know a lot about Marvel and you know a lot about DC. Its about preference, calling someone troll sounds rather unfair and if i am not wrong that against battle forum guidelines as well, as it falls under personal insult.

However i am not asking you to reply to him thats your opinion. Also in terms of argument:

The only one's you named that are credible opponents are Surfer and Thor [who i've never seen Thanos actually beat] Fallen One and Kosmos are practically featless, and you complained about Doomsday being featless even though he has more feats than FO and Kosmos combined. Captain Marvel [Mar Vell] isn't even worth mentioning. The only other person you mentioned was Lord Mar Vell.

Thanos was actually immortal during the TI, Thanos surviving a blast from Thor, as I've already stated I've given Thanos the edge if durability but Thor even with the OF was never as powerful as Odin was, unless you have comparable feats.

What you think is irrelevant, the fact is the OB can bypass shields regardless of weather their mystical or not, and only argument you had was Wonder Woman deflecting them even though it's out of context.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the Galactus thing because we're clearly disagreeing with it. The OB isn't just some blast that's going to incenerate Thanos, there going to erase him from existence, that's primarly what the OB do.

I don't have to show scans of Darkseid harming characters that Odin couldn't hurt. I've already shown scans of Darkseid harming characters that are leagues beyond Odin and one of them leagues beyond Galactus.

Yes, Thanos was amped in that fight with Tyrant, he was using the orb in the actual fight and was later shown using the orb to amp his own power.

Firstly, you do realise so far all i am trying to do is defend thanos not being BFRed or erased from existence by Omega beam. I can make it simply, could you show me an instance where Darkseid's omega beam has actually erased someone from existence or BFRed someone into past who's close to Thanos in durability (please dont post Darkseid doing so against his own lackeys) . And before you bring up Henshaw , and thanks you Bane for actually posting scans, he was neither erased from existence nor BFRed to the past, all Darkseid managed to do was destroy his body and trap his consciousness, the problem is even if omega beam manages to destroy thanos's body he will heal instantly just like he did after his body was destroyed in Thanos Imperative.

Also i dont understand why you are talking about character that Odin couldnt hurt? When did i ask you that? What i am saying is how would Omega Beam manage to erase someone out of existence as durable as thanos when it has never done in the past.

Thanos wasnt amped in the fight, i have the comic with you at this very moment, could you tell me based on which page or which instance are you saying thanos was amped? I dont think legal else i would have posted the complete scans of the whole issue for you to see.

You're comparing Thanos to characters that are literally millions of times more powerful than he is. A bit more pain than what the Spectre acknowledge? Are you serious with this? Even if the OB only caused the Spectre what would be an inch to a normal human, that blast would still wipe Thanos from existence. What a ridiculous comparison.

I am not comparing Thanos with either Imperix or Spectre, what i am however saying is Omega Beam and what it can do, tend to change based against being how are more powerful. That fact that he couldnt BFR Imperix means that he cant BFR people who are very durable, this was to prevent a counter argument that Thanos's durability would not prevent him from being BFRed.

What comic were you reading? Doomsday beat the hell out of Booster Gold. Vixen wasn't in that storyline either.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here either, are you arguing that DOS Doomsday was more powerful than H/P or Vice Versa? H/P is obviously the more powerful version since Superman enhanced with a Mother box couldn't beat him. This is the version that Darkseid managed to kill before he came back immune to the OB.

Booster gold instance happened recently, and Vixen has apparently KOed Doomsday, scans were shown to me (apart from that i dont even know who Vixen is).

What i am arguing is had all the doomsday been the same, versions of doomsday after Hunter Prey would have been more powerful than Hunter Prey would they not, yet they are different. Therefore, feats done by doomsday on one story arc is hard to refer to on the next story arc because they appear as different beings with different power levels.

It would only be a fair fight if DS didn't have the OB, he has them here which means Thanos will get one shotted.

I'm only making sure that were talking about the same instance, because I've only seen one instance where Thanos survived an attack from Galactus, where Galactus only stated that he put in effort to breach his shields [not his full power which is complete nonsense on your part] and had Thanos begging for mercy minutes later.

It's gone through barries befores, one's that Orion made specifically to block it. Why should mystical barriers be any different? Because you say so?

And from my very first post i have been arguing against OB one shotting Thanos, and you have thus far not present one solid argument on why it should. The only

Well galactus looked angry, it made sense that he was using a very powerful attack, isnt if obvious, when you are extremely angry you would not normally hold back.

This i did not know, therefore i asked you has it gone through the barrier with mystical enhancement before and you never addressed it.

I addressed it right after you brought it up.

The OB aren't reality warping.

Who said he was older than the universe? Yuga Khan was the negative charge in the universe before Darkseid and so on and so on.

What does Galactus' powers being siphoned have to do with anything? Galactus, as powerful as he is, still only weighs several hundred tons, it would be easy for a character to send him back, because that has nothing to do with his power. If Superman for example punched Galactus and he didn't brace himself, it would send him flying back several miles.

It's a low showing because for one, Darkseid's already shown that he can turn off Firestorm's powers anytime he wants, the OB would also have phased through the funnel he made.

Same with Superman, they could of easily phased through his HV. Both instances are out of character and low showings

Yes, Spiderman did hurt Thanos, when he had the Infinity Gauntlet. If he didn't hurt him Spiderman would of bounced right off of Thanos and probably have shattered his foot on contact.

Same with Gamora, weather you Thanos was letting her hit him or not is irrelevant, she managed to draw blood from him despite not being a class 100

Firstly we can agree to disagree on that first part because logically speaking the only way you can remove someone out of existence is either by killing him so utterly that nothing of him remains (as in no soul or whatever) or the reality being changed such that from this point onwards he doesnt exist. Also you have posted no evidence to suggest that a person who cannot die can be erased out of existence.

No one said he was older than the universe but in the issue it was clearly stated that the only reason Spectre couldnt harm him was because the univese can be seen as a battery with positive and negative charge where spectre represents the positive charger and Darkseid represents a negative. It was also stated in the same issue that Darkseid is essiential for the unvierse and he has been killed after without any major consequence to the universe.

How was that low showing, Darkseid can pull Firestrom out of his magical enhancement, which i have never argued against. What i was arguing is the fact that he was able to curb back darkseid beam would mean it can be curbed back unless you can tell me a instance who tried to do so and failed.

Spiderman hurt thanos when he had the infinity gauntlet? with power gem it it? Sound like a major PIS because the history of power gem states that anyone who has it cannot be physically harmed at all regardless of the magnitude of the attack. Comics has gone so far to show Magus tanking ultimate nullifer with power gem, dont think Spiderman could hit harder than that.

Also Thanos has always been vulnerable to physical attacks and only to physical attack he seems either extremely durable or totally resistant against other forms of attack. Specially energy attack have never really been able to harm him, unless of course, fired by someone as powerful as Galactus. Of course the Kosmos but the problem is Kosmos is a cosmic cube entity and as such privy to unlimited power, despite not having a lot of feats.

Yes, the OB pre crisis were more powerful, Darkseid could channel them through other characters like he did Alexander Luthor, and they were powerful enough to harm characters like Anti Monitor

Why would Darkseid BFR'ing Thanos to the end of time only give him one or 2 wins when if he wanted to he could do it every time? And there would be nothing Thanos can do about it.

Seriously...STOP comparing Thanos to Imperiex and the Spectre...they are characters leagues beyond Thanos' so a comparison cannot be made. And as I've already explained Thanos isn't durable enough to withstand them. Cyborg Superman is more durable than Thanos is and the OB smoked him, so yes they will one shot Thanos.

Alexander Luthor was a part of Crisis of Infinite Earth? just asking i havent read that issue, i remember him being a part of Infinite Crisis but thats post Crisis so just verifying.

Because one would not expect Darkseid to try and BFR thanos to the past every time, given that fact that he hasnt done so in more occasions than he has. Also there is the whole burden of you showing us that Darkseid has capability of BFRing people into past who has the durability of thanos because i think even you would agree Batman isnt nearly as durable as Thanos now is he?

Again i am not comparing Thanos to Imperiex or Spectre.

Firstly i dont agree Cyborg Superman is more durable to Thanos, even if i were to agree how does that prove anything. All Darkseid managed to do was destroy his body, that would not help him against thanos who heals instantly.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Killemall

@Immortal777 said:

I can't believe Thanos durability is being compared to The damn Spectre WTF.

IF this is in response to my comment, just wanted to make sure i wasnt comparing Thanos with Spectre, I have always acknoweledge Spectre to be more powerful than Galactus who in turn is more powerful than Thanos by a landscape. What i was trying to say is Omega Beam and its power would vary according to people durability, by giving some extreme example. More so i was using the example of Imperix rather than Spectre, because BFRing Imperix into time stream would make sense, BFRing Spectre wouldnt because he can come back just as easily.

@nickthedevil said:

Wait... His sentience survived didn't it? Not his actual body... So how is that durability?

Thats one of the thing i have been arguing, if his body gets destroyed Thanos heals in an instant, that doesnt mean OB would work against him.

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By Dex_Starr

@Killemall:I'm not the only person who thinks so either, Citizenbane and Buckshot, 2 of the most respected debaters on this site also think he's a troll. You simply haven't debated against him enough to see the third rate tactics he uses.

NOW....

Since were not going to agree on a lot of things i'm going to summarize this in as few points possible so you can respond at your own leisure

Can Thanos survive a galaxy destroying attack [that was contained BTW]

Can Thanos survive an attack from a guy like Parallax?

Unless he can do either of these then the OE will work on him. Regardless of being immortal.

Darkseid has used the OE on Superman to BFR him also btw.

I was talking about DOS Doomsday and Hunter Prey, anything that happened after that is none of my concern.

I'm also not sure why you're saying that BFR'ing him into the past or the future would only give him one or 2 wins since therre's only one fight here also.

Henshaw could of reassimilated himself but he wanted to die.