#1 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Another one from the ol' Marvel Vs DC crossover. Though this one is more interesting. I'd give it to Thanos cause Darkseid has been jobbed too many times recently for me to think him a credible threat anymore...

#2 Posted by Logic Mark II (105 posts) - - Show Bio

THANOS. Superman has beaten the stones out of Darksied, whereas Thanos has WALKED AWAY from an enraged and infinity gem enhanced Thor mid-battle because it 'bored' him.

#3 Posted by Wanda Maximoff (178 posts) - - Show Bio

With the Omega Beams Darkseid could teleport or maybe even destroy Thanos. Ya never know.

#4 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the omega beams would be a definite threat to Thanos, but I think Thanos is the one who would walk away from this one with the win.

#5 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos wins. I think he is smarter, more durable and has more powers/abilities at his disposal. Thanos withstood Tyrant's maximum output and walked away, so I don't think the omega beams would kill him.

#6 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm with you Valkaad. Thanos takes this one. Maybe not easy, but he sitll wins.

#7 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I don't think it would be an easy battle. Thanos would know he was in a fight, I think the omega beams would hurt him, just not stop him.

#8 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

So the Titan smacks the lord of Apokolips around like a red-headed stepchild! That's a comic I'd pay PLENTY of money for! Heck, I'd buy several of them!

#9 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos darksieds beams have been taken by doomsday superman and galactus darkseid would lose he would put up a fight and even if he teleported thanos away he can easily teleport back.

#10 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#11 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos

#12 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid

#13 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos will destroy Darkseid. He will use his matter warping powers to turn Darkseid into a rock.
Post Edited:2007-06-26 13:17:08

#14 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid, theres a reason he is lord of Apokolips, and your really down playing the Omega Effect it can do more than teleporting. they can also erase the target from the universe and reform them when Darkseid chooses.

#15 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Thanos will destroy Darkseid. He will use his reality warping powers to turn Darkseid into a rock."

so your giving thanos the cosmic cube or the infinity-gauntlet, because with out them he can't warp reality.

#16 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

Megaguirus says:

"Thanos will destroy Darkseid. He will use his matter warping powers to turn Darkseid into a rock.
Post Edited:2007-06-26 13:17:08"

Thanos does not have reality warping powers. Thanos doea have immense cosmic manipulation powers but they lack finess - they are mostly go for the gross power output, not the stuff the surfer can do.

Darseid wins - his physical abilities are superior those of Thanos and his Omega Effect has the capacity to disintegrate Thanos. Thanos cannot resist these beams and the beams would hunt him across the universe or dimensions.

He has no where to hide.

I don't want Darseid to win as Thanos is more interesting character but the fact remains, Darseid is the more powerful.

#17 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually in the crossover when Darkseid used his beams on Galactus he just smiled and gave him some power cosmic to suck on. But Thanos actually beat Galactus if memory serves so if that ain't testament to Thanos' power than I dunno what is :P

#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

Shattered Hand says:

"Actually in the crossover when Darkseid used his beams on Galactus he just smiled and gave him some power cosmic to suck on. But Thanos actually beat Galactus if memory serves so if that ain't testament to Thanos' power than I dunno what is :P"

Thanos wins.

#19 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Shattered Hand says:

"Actually in the crossover when Darkseid used his beams on Galactus he just smiled and gave him some power cosmic to suck on. But Thanos actually beat Galactus if memory serves so if that ain't testament to Thanos' power than I dunno what is :P"

He survived by stating how important he was to the universe, the only way it's possible in the story for Darkseid to have beams that can destroy anything yet not kill everyone when he uses them. Anyway, Darkseid also effortlessly made giants that brought Galactus to his knees. One last thing, Thanos is a rapist.

#20 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Shattered Hand says:

Actually, didn't Thanos talk that Tenebrous character (and the other one who's name escapes me) into attacking Galactus? I think maybe they were already going to kick his ass and Thanos just got in on the deal. My memory's faulty on this. And weren't these two characters touted as similar to Galactus in power level. If all this is true, then Thanos needed some pretty big league help to take out Galactus. It is doubtful it could ever be done again.

#21 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos hit Galactus with two planet that had a nuke attached! Who else could come up with a plan that crazy/successful! :P Plus when Darkseid made those giants it was on Apokolips and if Thanos was ever to fight him I doubt he'd challenge him on his on turf cause thats just silly. Plus I can't even remember the last time Omega beams actually killed someone apart from Desaad who seems to drink the stuff like its beer.

#22 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid is much more overconfident... he is the poster-child for Hubris, that is a very exploitable weakness for Thanos.

Otherwise, they are pretty much equal in power.

#23 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, how is Thanos a rapist? Second, where the heck does that fit in here? Third, Thanos made a creature three times as powerful as Galactus. Thanos didn't stay alive as long as he did because he's lucky. He went looking for someone who could give him a challenge. The omega beams don't destroy everything they touch. They only knock Doomsday down for a few seconds, then he got up and smacked the holy snot out of Darkseid. Yeeeyuh!!

#24 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

He tried to rape Galactus, the pictures are here somewhere. It fits in because someone said he beat Galactus and my mind went to the attempted rape. Darkseid's also made creatures stronger than Galactus. The omega beams don't destroy people because the story won't allow it, so they just say that either the person was too important to die or that Darkseid wasn't using them to their fullest (he can control what they do and how strong they are). Outside of the story, they'd work.

#25 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"He tried to rape Galactus, the pictures are here somewhere. It fits in because someone said he beat Galactus and my mind went to the attempted rape. Darkseid's also made creatures stronger than Galactus. The omega beams don't destroy people because the story won't allow it, so they just say that either the person was too important to die or that Darkseid wasn't using them to their fullest (he can control what they do and how strong they are). Outside of the story, they'd work."

Galactus rapes entire star systems of life... is it wrong when a rapist gets raped?

#26 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Galactus does it so he can survive. He rapes to live, Thanos just does it for fun.

#27 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh, if he rapes only to survive... well then it's okay. I guess rape is okay in certain situations, right? :rolleyes:

#28 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Oh, if he rapes only to survive... well then it's okay. I guess rape is okay in certain situations, right? :rolleyes:"

As long as Buckshot says it is then I agree.

#30 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah. And that goes double for me, cuz I go with whatever Valkaad says.

#31 Posted by Buckshot (18919 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Oh, if he rapes only to survive... well then it's okay. I guess rape is okay in certain situations, right? :rolleyes:"

Situation: Comic book character doing impossible things.

Yeah, it's okay there.

#32 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Buckshot says:

"Satyrquaze says:
Situation: Comic book character doing impossible things. Yeah, it's okay there."

Sounds good.

#33 Posted by Shattered Hand (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love the say Darkseid I really would...but seriously there has been NOTHING in recent times to backup any sorta claims that he is one of the henchest beings has just been so negated. If I remember correctly didn't Thanos fight Parallax on some sorta level back in a cross over? and Parallax re-writes the DC Universe every other arc :P

#34 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

The Time Keeper says:

"Third, Thanos made a creature three times as powerful as Galactus. Thanos didn't stay alive as long as he did because he's lucky."

When did this happen and what was the character's name? I don't recall anything like this.

#35 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

This was in the Infinity Abyss series. Don't rememebr the creature's name. I think they called him Omega? His costume was just like Galactus, only it was blue and yellow, like Thanos. He was about Galactus' size too.

#36 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, that would explain why I don't know the story. I refused to read anything with "Infinity" in the title if it had Thanos or Warlock in it after the first one.

#37 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it.

#38 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

That's good. It's why they make all different kinds of stuff. I'm sure I like things that most people on here think is crap.

#39 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Uh oh. This should be interesting. Such as??

#40 Posted by Tevnoba (3494 posts) - - Show Bio

Lets not forget one important thing . . .Thanos made the Omega Clone which he stated was 4 times as powerful as Galactus. Thanos wins.

#41 Posted by TimeKeeper (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

The man has an awesome point!

#42 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

Megaguirus says:

"Thanos will destroy Darkseid. He will use his matter warping powers to turn Darkseid into a rock.

Thanos does not have reality warping powers. Thanos doea have immense cosmic manipulation powers but they lack finess - they are mostly go for the gross power output, not the stuff the surfer can do.

Darseid wins - his physical abilities are superior those of Thanos and his Omega Effect has the capacity to disintegrate Thanos. Thanos cannot resist these beams and the beams would hunt him across the universe or dimensions.

He has no where to hide.

I don't want Darseid to win as Thanos is more interesting character but the fact remains, Darseid is the more powerful.

"
#43 Posted by Venom-Hulker_1 (1647 posts) - - Show Bio
Valkaad said:
"

Thanos wins. I think he is smarter, more durable and has more powers/abilities at his disposal. Thanos withstood Tyrant's maximum output and walked away, so I don't think the omega beams would kill him.

"
I second that!
#44 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god no!!!

Not another Darkseid-Thanos thread. I can't take it anymore.

#45 Posted by bloodmist (1050 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

Megaguirus says:

He has no where to hide.

"
#46 Posted by HalJordan1986x (4760 posts) - - Show Bio
bloodmist said:
"the creator said:
"

Megaguirus says:

He has no where to hide.

"
"
yup
#47 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio
AtPhantom said:
"Oh god no!!!

Not another Darkseid-Thanos thread. I can't take it anymore."
Lol.  Seriously.

I'm all for thread necromancy but this one has been done to death.
#48 Posted by The Opposite (293 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid is a lazy ass bastard. but thanos is cheap as hell, so darksied wins this fight. i vote for darksied to win!

#49 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio
HalJordan1986x said:
"bloodmist said:
"the creator said:
"

Megaguirus says:

He has no where to hide.

"
"
yup"

nope
#50 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh give me a break already!!!