#1 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose the title is pretty straight forward, this is a no holds bar, in character, anything goes between 2 of the baddess of the bad in marvel.

On one side the insane, self-proclaimed, god Genis Vell.

On the other side the badass mad titan.

Lets play out an actual What If scenario from comics, at one point when Genis goes insane he goes around throwing threats to the galactic council, and one of the statement he makes is, call even Thanos himself if you want nothing changes.

So what if, Thanos actually decided to interfere, who would win a massive showdown between the mad god Genis or mad titan Thanos.

Rules

• Version in use: Thanos Imperative version of Thanos, Captain Marvel volume 4 (Mad God Saga) version of Genis before he turns good.
  • Weapons: standard weapon for both, no infinity gauntlet or any of those for Thanos, and no Entrophy amped gun for Genis.
  • Location: On alternate Earth that has no survivals. So think Earth with no one in it.
  • Morals On.
  • Starting Distance: 5 meter away from each other.
  • Mode of Victory: Death , Submission, Knock Out.
  • Things disallowed: Battle Field Removal and no time travel from either character.

Who wins, and most importantly why.

#2 Posted by oceanmaster21 (8928 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap marvell to powerful in that firm

#3 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

This is or is not the genie vell that killed eternity?

#4 Posted by I_am_Warlock (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@oceanmaster21: Can i ask why? Thanos completely no sold Genis Vell's blast when they met.

#5 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

This is or is not the genie vell that killed eternity?

I am assuming its not because the OP clearly says no Entrophy Amped Gun, which is what he used to kill Eternity.

Anyways, Genis never actually killed Eternity, the death of Eternity was never shown on panel, we know Genis had allied himself with Entropy a genuine Abstract and Eternity's son. We also know Eternity himself wanted to die, which is why they were able to kill him, its actually pretty clearly on panel.

So while its the same version in question, the power and plot he had to kill Eternity, and plot he used to change Entrophy into Eternity is not with him.

Its actually a pretty close battle, both of them are beast when it comes to durability to energy attack. Its Genis's cosmic awareness thats bitch and a half to argue against.

#6 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Also the scan of Genis fighting Thanos and Walker comes before Genis's death and before the Mad God saga, and as such should not be indicative of how they fight goes. His power increased quite drastically after Genis died.

#7 Posted by pooty (12016 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_am_warlock: your scan is SANE genis vell. this battle is INSANE genis vell. INSANE destroys Thanos....utterly, easily destroys Thano. google Insane Genis Vell for feats.

#8 Posted by Thedarklordpandamonium (4825 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: it didn't work

I just got him killing eternity which killemal already debunked

#9 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Pretty sure i have read most of Insane Genis Vell, what actually are you referring to when you say he "utterly, easily" destroys Thanos?? I for one am really interested.

#10 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@thedarklordpandamonium: Dont get me wrong, Genis is still pretty powerful. He had a short scuffel with King Thor even he was amazed with Genis Cosmic Awareness. The guy was matter manipulation , ability to resurrect the dead, tanked a combined blast from Shi'ar, Skrull and Kree armada (well relatively small armada anyways) without so much as a scratch (its actually from the same issue the scan of him calling out Thanos is from).

From what i have read, both have genuine chance, Thanos actually has more fleshed out showing because he was a real villian, while Genis was somewhere in between and Peter Davis sadly didnt give him a lot of feats to go with. There is one odd instance where Phylla is actually, pretty clearly, holding her own against Genis, which to me always looked weird.

His run as a mad god was short thats the problem. He could however, see and hear nearly everything in the universe and see potential future of everything, which is a very hard ability to counter. He is likely going to know what Thanos is going to do before he does it.

#11 Posted by pooty (12016 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Pretty sure i have read most of Insane Genis Vell, what actually are you referring to when you say he "utterly, easily" destroys Thanos?? I for one am really interested.

@pooty: it didn't work

I just got him killing eternity which killemal already debunked

Oh, then ignore my post. Him killing eternity was all I had.

#12 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Fair enough, although the scans being of Genis Vell when he was sane and not as admissible in the thread that you brought up was spot on. Sadly though Insane Genis Vell has never fought Thanos or anyone comparable, he did have a short fight with King Thor, but that only included King Thor being able to breach his shield with a hammer throw, and Genis blasting King Thor once. Thats pretty much all that happened, with neither party even remotely injured.

#13 Posted by reikai (4866 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the earliest things about Thanos that has stuck with him since inception, is that he cannot be predicted. Much like Adam Warlock, Thanos has been outside the purview of fate and destiny. Lord Chaos and Master Order, two universal abstracts, can't even keep track of his movements. Genis would be hard pressed to even find a notation with Thanos' schedule on where he'd be eating lunch today.

Imperative Thanos is the Avatar of Death. He cannot be killed, destroyed or rendered non-existent. The more death there is in the universe, the more powerful he is. On a normal day for both of them, Thanos utterly embarrasses Genis. Even now, Thanos wins.