• 164 results
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By the creator

@Freefa11: I am working on an IPad and it only offers me a simple textera. So no pargraphs I am afraid. Superman moving a planet does indicate his gross strength. However there is a clear Marvel example of a being getting stronger who then hits harder....The Hulk. The old statement, "The madder Hulk gets, the stronger Hulk gets" does relate to his punching power and lifting strength as we have seen many times. He does not normally get massively more skilled in the way he throws his punches to account for his blows doing more damage as he gets more angry. He simply hits harder because he gets stronger. Comics do not really differentiate between punching and lifting strength, at least not for those superhumanly characters. They do for skilled martial artists but that is a different issue. So to simply say that Superman does not 'hit as hard as he can lift' so to speak rings a bit false when other characters can and do. The story in which the moon destruction occured I believe also required the attack to be swift (hence the flying attack rather than landing and pummeling the planet) and then there is the issue about a character standing on a planet to pound it apart when this should only start to crack the crust after multiple strikes. Again artistic license comes in to play. Destroying a moon differs to a planet as a planet usually has a lot more internal forces at play that help destroy the planet (like a molten core etc). Also some of the battles you describe resulted in hugely damaging energy beams that could literally vapourise matter being released. I am only refering to strength. My point about flying through a star relates to the temperature alone. Yes the star has massive pressure. Can you tell me that the Surfer does not use his power cosmic to offset the effects of the pressure or temeperature in some way as he has used his powers to amplify his strength and durability before. No Superman has not pushed around planets every week but he has moved a couple and a the moon a few times as well as starships and beings that dwarg entire cities. His higher end strength feats are more constistent. I specify physical blows for Thanos in terms of durability because Capt Marvel and Black Adam are going to hit him, not hit him with any significant energy attacks (other than a possible lightning bolt). Hence I am not interested in radiant type energy focussed durability feats but kinectic ones. I am not denying he is very durable as per your comments but simply the actual level he is at. As for BRB being a planet buster, yes he has broken apart a planet. Post the scan and lets see how he did it as the results might be interesting to discuss. Capt Marvel and Superman have tanked blows from SUperman and other beings of a similar strength and I refer you back to my original comment. To writers there is no difference in lifting vs hitting strength for super strong characters e.g. the Hulk. As to defelecting Mjolnir and other attacks at super speed, I'll save you the trouble, Mjolnir can move FTL but then please clearly prove to me it was going that fast when Thanos dodged it. Just because it can go that fast, does not mean it was. Spiderman has dodged Mjolnir before so have many other characters. Then they must all be able to dodge FTL missiles as well.....

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#52  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

Team.

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Spartan101

didnt thanos tank some of odins biggest hit and still fight on?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By pooty

@Killemall: If you want to find the thread search Photon vs Thor. But there was only 1 or 2 people who thought Photon couldn't hurt Thor and i haven't seen them in a while.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By termiteone4ever

Team

Floopay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Floopay

This is Thor hitting Beta Ray Bill and busting a planet because of this. Now I want you to actually think about this, because Thor does NOT, I repeat does NOT hit the planet. This means he hit BRB and BRB absorbed a large portion of the force, which then transfered into the planet, and that force destroyed the planet. Thanos in several scans has been shown shrugging off hits from Thor like they were nothing. I think this goes to Thanos. Captain Marvel and Black Adam are NOT push overs, and this will be a tough fight. But in the end Silver Surfer is pretty ridiculous in terms of speed, durability, and versatility. Black Adam and Captain Marvel aren't anywhere near as versatile, they can't become intangible, they don't control matter, they can't fly at four times the speed of light. Both of them together might be able to tag SS in a tough fight, but Thanos tagged SS like he was nothing, and he stood toe to toe with Odin for awhile, a being well above these twos level. And yes, on several occasions Thor and SS have been jobbers, but sometimes you have to ignore the lowest showings of a character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By the creator

@Floopay: Do you have the image shown before this, showing the size of the planet ? I have seen it before but a refresh of my memory would be good. Let's counter balance this display with the display of Thor in the first Secret Wars when most of heroes are trapped below the mountain range and they hear a little tapping sound. After they blast their way to freedom, it is revealed to have been Thor making the tapping sound. His comment was "My strongest blows were only making a tapping sound....". He could not break through the mountain range to get to them.

Avatar image for termiteone4ever
termiteone4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By termiteone4ever

@czarny_samael666 said:

Thanos. He is stronger, more durable and they aren't speedsters.

What are you saying they arent speedsters. Both Adam and marvel can run and fly fast on foot with ease and they are strong enough to defeat Thanos.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By czarny_samael666
@the creator said:
  The Midgard Serpent has been shown at many sizes and none of them come close to being the same size (volume) as the Earth, putting aside the creative license of the artists. Hence it's mass is at most a very small fraction of the Earth. 

We have seen feats from Black Adam that show him running at speeds of Mach 500, avoiding obstacles, clearly showing his thought processes allow him to operate at this speed comfortably, processing sensory info and altering his path in much the same way the Flash does. So yes Black Adam and Capt Marvel are physical equals to Superman. 

Yes the Silver Surfer has flown through stars. Does that matter here.....no because Capt Marvel and Black Adam dont employ fire or heat attacks. The Surfer has also had his head badly dented by Thor. Thor who has shown nowhere near the level of strength of Superman and in turn Capt Marvel or Black Adam. 

Finally for someone to say that Thanos is stronger than them and more durable and that the pair of DC characters are not speedsters is poor debating. Where is the proof that Thanos is stronger or more durable (to physical blows).
1.Midgard Serpent was strong enough to destroy Earth according to that comic. If Thor overpowered him in that comic, he had to show strength greater than MS, ergo it is planet level feat.
2.Scan of Black Adam using that kind of reflex in offensive way?
3.Thor is at least as strong as Cap or Superman and Mjolnir is more powerfull than them. 
4.Thanos was able to hold (in strength contest) Drax version that destroyed a star. So even if they are planet level, he is still greater. And no one has shown here Cap or BA using level of speed that can give them auto win here.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By pooty

@the creator:

here is a partial pic of the planet. and this is when he went mad and wasn't holding back. with one hit. no momentum. just power

No Caption Provided
Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Spartan101

could cap or adam tank the hits thanos did in his fight with odin? i sort of gauge it as a good way to see who can beat thanos if they could still stand after odins beat down on them.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By the creator

@czarny_samael666: Let's deal with each of your points. 1. If the Midgard Serpent was said to be strong enough to destroy the Earth, please post the evidence, but let's be clear about how he could destroy it. To my knowledge by flexing his coils he could cause Earthquakes. Could these earthquakes decimate the Earths surface, possibly. Could he crush the Earth....no. Being able to cause massive earthquakes in multiple areas due to his size does not equate to planetary destruction (the planet being reduced to rubble) without the planet assisting (due to internal forces) 2. I would simply argue that being able to run and think (process sensory input and react) to swerve around obstacles at Mach 500 clearly shows BA can operate at speeds over several thousand times faster than a normal human. Has he been shown to use his reaction speed in an offensive manner? I cannot recall so but then again he has not had as many appearances as Superman or Capt Marvel. I have however seen images of Capt Marvel catching bullets in a similar manner to Superman and as BA has almost identical duplicate powers to BA it seems logical that he can do the same. 3.Then prove that Thor is a strong as Capt Marvel or BA by showing a quantifiable feat that puts Thor at Superman levels. We have had narrated text, physical encounters and characters themselves all state that Capt Marvel is a physical equal to Superman, the one character able to oppose his every physical move. Likewise BA can equal Capt Marvel. Thor has struggled to lift the Odinsword (after his fight with the Celestial Fourth host), he got BRB to help him lift Asgard etc. We have seen a scan where the narrator says he lifts 1 million tonnes of rock but i don't recall him helping to move an entire planet. But back on to the subject as this is about Thanos. What feats has Thanos shown to put him at this level. And as for Mjolnir being more powerful, I don't recall Thanos wielding Mjolnir so I don't care. Capt Marvel has lifted entire mountains easily (and flown with them to cap volcanoes). BA has picked up a fully loaded aircraft carrier (120kt fully laden) and hurled it miles. I only pick these 2 feats as ones I clearly remember. There are others and I will go and find them. 4. I have mentioned this before so i will mention it again. When you look at a characters feats, look at all they did. So if you plan to use classic Drax as a bench mark for Thanos, remember that Drax got stunned by a blow from one of the Blood Brothers (as shown in Ironman) and he was koed by Capt Mar-vell. He was also stunned by a lightning bolt from Thor. So despite Drax smashing up 1 palnetoid, 2 planets (all of unknown size and composition) and ripping the heart from a star, his power level seesawed more than most characters back in the 60's and 70's. But let's get back on track. Let's see Thanos's quantifiable feats and I'll get them for Capt Marvel and BA. As for showing a level of speed to give them the win, I'll pull their quantifiable speed feats as well. You do the same for Thanos. Remember the magic word, quantifiable, which does not include guess work.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Silver2467

If this helps to offset low end vs high end feats, there is this high-end feat for Captain Marvel: He helps five or six others move the moon during JLA: The Titans. While there are several of them moving the moon, as opposed the usual two or three to move a celestial body, it is worth noting that Cyberion's technology is covering the moon, which noticeably increased his size and mass. 

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Bo88gdan

@jeanroygrant said:

Thanos stomps

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By czarny_samael666
@the creator :
1.I admitt that I wasn't thinking about Midgard Serpent feat in that way. I have to re-read whole comic to be sure about it. 
Other proves that Thor is planet level: 

-Thor and Hercules are generating enough power to knock Earth out of orbit (which is similar thing to what Supermanhas done with Martian and WW)
-Thor overpowered gravitation of (core of ) Neutron Star
-Thor is able to rise Mjolnir while Umar and her creations were putting gravity of whole planets on him. 
+ we can always bring situations in which BRB destroyed planets in his fight with Stardust, fight with power of two higher gods that were going to destroy some unknown planet (in Desak debut), fight with Glory or Surtur when he summoned enough power to destroy whole planets. 

Point was that Thor and Mjolnir can destroy planets and that Thanos can survived its attacks. He did more, because he stopped and covered in force field Mjolnir in at least two different occasions. 
Drax that destroyed star is Drax who fought with Thanos. He is star and planet buster, so even by this one feat his durability is proven to be able to take that level of attacks.
Beside this, Thanos has survived in Black Hole which is IMO his greatest physical-durability feat.
2. That is the point of whole thing - I admit that IDK their speed feats. I've asked many people for that but I've seen only:
BA's fight with Garrick, which isn't a prove of anything more than any other fight with fast people for anyone (not too mention that BA was getting trashed there), Cap Marvel teleporting to Shazam and some non-canon pics. 
 I would like to be sure about it,even completly beside of this one battle. I belive that Cap is equal in strength to Superman. I barely belive that his durability is also equal, but it should be similar according to their battles. But I don't see a reason to belive that their speed is equal. 
3.And Superman, Hulk, Cap and WW had problems with much lesser weights than planet-level ones, while I don't remember Thanos being taken out by any force. So even if You don't consider this as a low-showings, it would also be hard to belive that Cap/BA attacks are planet level and I don't remember Thanos being taken out by lower physcial forces. So this rather proves a point that people in this level completly can't hurt Thanos. 
4.Much weaker than Pre-TI version of Thanos destoryed a planet as a side effect of his fight with Drax
And there is also fight with Fallen One, in which Thanos stopped him with something that looked like TK. He did the same to Mjolnir, so it wouldn't be suprising that he can stop his enemies here in the same way and then put them down by telepathy for example. Not to mention that his energy projection has hurt Galactus and his matter manipulation (sorcery?) was able to stun/hold Odin in ice block. If he will do the same here, to even one of them in turns into one on one battle for some time at least.
cortadew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By cortadew

Thanos wins

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By Stronger

Thanos stomps

Proton_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

black adam and captain marvel take it. thanos is on the same level if not maybe slightly less powerful than darkseid and superman can hold his own against darkseid, and black adam and captain marvel can both take on superman

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By Killemall

black adam and captain marvel take it. thanos is on the same level if not maybe slightly less powerful than darkseid and superman can hold his own against darkseid, and black adam and captain marvel can both take on superman

Yeah if you go with Darkseid being there or there about in terms with Superman , Thanos is going to look a whole lot more powerful.

And that really is a lot of ABC logic this.

comic_book_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By comic_book_fan

thanos wins.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos ftw

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos is more powerful than Darkseid. If your implying Superman is equal to Darkseid, than Thanos would curbstomp Darkseid. Black Adam, & Captain Marvel don't have the power to take down Thanos who has insane durability, but he on the other hand has blasting power enough to one shot either of them if he was serious.

Thanos stomps.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By New_World_Order

@thundergodswrath: Jean standing up for Thanos, do Thanos proud mate :)

Got to love the Mad Titan :) Can't wait until Thanos Infinity. Were going to see some Silver Surfer in there !

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Got to love the Mad Titan :) Can't wait until Thanos Infinity. Were going to see some Silver Surfer in there !

Involvement of Surfer and Galactus is as of yet undecided, assuming Hickman didnt just lie to us in formspring, neither Surfer nor Galactus would be appearing in the actual Infinity book, ties in they might appear.

Although Living Tribunal and Inbetweener are going to be appearing during Infinity, while we do not know if its only a cameo or a proper appearance something Hickman refused to tell, appearance of Living Tribunal would mean its going to be pretty big event, even if its a cameo.

I am still trying to make sense of it all, because when someone asked Tom Brevroot (who himself wouldnt lie) whether its going to be a generic Thanos story of him gaining an item of unfathomable power and the story leading from there on, Brevroot said Hickman has something completely different planned for Infinity. I take that as meaning Thanos is not going to get a hax item, just unsure how he is going to powerful enough to somehow get Living Tribunal involved in the story.

All we know at this point, going by Infinity issue that was published, which was what 13 pages, says he now has a self made army of being who are neither living nor dead, and serve Thanos making world's kneel before him or destroy worlds that dont. Infinity , free comic book issue, pretty much ended with a small army of Thanos minion arriving on earth and killing few shield.

Lets see how it goes.

Sorry just though you would be interested to hear the little details that we know thus far about the upcoming series.

I for one am more interested with Thanos Rising, the first issue at least to me was perfect. A weird looking kid, who is very nice , gentle, love games, and is scared of killing thing and cant even handle cutting up a dead lizard without throwing up, finally turning to Thanos, is going to be pretty awesome. Hope Jason Aron doesnt disappoint.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By New_World_Order

@killemall:

Interesting to know. Thanks for the info :)

I just thought that, because there was a picture of heroes, and the Silver Surfer was one of them. I'm also interested in seeing how Thanos gets the Living Tribunal's attention. Thanos Rising was a pretty good read so far. It, Guardians Of The Galaxy #1, and Uncanny Avengers #6 were the only comics in a while, that I would give a 5/5 rating.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

Interesting to know. Thanks for the info :)

I just thought that, because there was a picture of heroes, and the Silver Surfer was one of them. I'm also interested in seeing how Thanos gets the Living Tribunal's attention. Thanos Rising was a pretty good read so far. Probably that, Guardians Of The Galaxy #5, and Uncanny Avengers #6 were the only comics in a while, that I would give a 5/5 rating.

Has the second issue even come out?

spiderbuck1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Killemall

@dondave said:

Has the second issue even come out?

Latest one in Australia would be Guardian of the Galaxy (vol 3) 01 and Guardian of the Galaxy Infinite Comics 03.

America is a little ahead of Australia, perhaps he is talking about Infinite Comics 05.. not sure.

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HyperViper97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see marvel dying here honestly. BA has a chance to get out with his skin but thanos is stomping here

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team wins

mrtrevorguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mrtrevorguy

Team loses, they give up a nice fight, but they lose every time,

Avatar image for galacticravenous
GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam and Captain Marvel simply because they outmatch Superman in strength alone and can fly faster than the speed of light. Black Adam could Thunderclap Thanos and he would take alot of damage.

Adam and Captain Marvel is both resistant against magic so he cant land something at them.

A punch? I'm sure BA has survived millions of punches from Supes.

GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By GalacticRavenous

@pooty: Stop trolling. Shazam is stronger than Silver surfer.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty: Stop trolling. Shazam is stronger than Silver surfer.

No, he isn't.

Black Adam and Captain Marvel simply because they outmatch Superman in strength alone and can fly faster than the speed of light. Black Adam could Thunderclap Thanos and he would take alot of damage.

Adam and Captain Marvel is both resistant against magic so he cant land something at them.

A punch? I'm sure BA has survived millions of punches from Supes.

Superman has much better feats than Adam and still lesser than Thor or Surfer. Thanos stomps Superman and curbstomp Adam and Marvel in the same time. They aren't a chalenge for him.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos easily.

Avatar image for officialrikudousennin
OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Adam Alone Takes This

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who - on Thanos caliber - he already took down? Which of his strength feats are even near Thanos?

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@officialrikudousennin said:

Who - on Thanos caliber - he already took down? Which of his strength feats are even near Thanos?

easy his speed and his strength he was clearly shown back then to be on Supermans strength Lvl

OfficialRikudouSennin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@officialrikudousennin said:

easy his speed and his strength he was clearly shown back then to be on Supermans strength Lvl

1.He never won with Superman. Only fight between them I know, was one, from which Adam ran when Superman was slowly stopping to hold back.

2.Black Adam doesn't have fight-speed feats. He is nowhere near Superman level of speed.

3.Superman isn't as strong as Thanos, let alone durability.

4.Thanos beat people who are above Adam, like Surfer or Thor. Either - Thor or Surfer- would win against Cap and Adam.

5.Thanos has planet level feats - Adam doesn't.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos

GalacticRavenous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: Marvel fan are you? Well feats is not everything. Look at wiki or database.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666: Marvel fan are you? Well feats is not everything. Look at wiki or database.

Lol. Feats are everything. Wikis mean nothing, they can be edited by anyone.

eternityx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers