Thanos VS Apocalypse

This topic is locked from further discussion.

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By council elite
@bumnut said:
" @council elite said:
" @Edamame said:
" @council elite: Apocalypse doesn't respect anyone except for himself. "
ya but he's willing to team up with ppl to get what he wants, he has before. so has thanos. "
What use would Thanos ever have for Apocalypse???  That's like SS needing Captain Americas help lol "
apocalypse has celestial technology that could be quite useful to thanos.
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By council elite
@bumnut: apoc has celestial tech that could be quite useful to thanos.
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By council elite
@Edamame said:
" @council elite said:
" @bumnut: apoc has celestial tech that could be quite useful to thanos. "
Nah. Thanos is much more intelligent than Apocalypse. "

thanos would mind control apoc & use his tech

council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By council elite
@Edamame said:
" @council elite: Apocalypse is highly resistant to telepathy, but yes. "
thats why apoc would secretly be plotting against him the whole time.
council elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By council elite
@Edamame said:
" @council elite: Thanos is too smart to let that happen. "
& thats why thanos will be prepared for it when apoc does turn on him.
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By daak1212

Well Im Thanos would win but if Apocalypse actaully aplied logic when he fought this would go to Apoc.  Apoc could fight from a range by extending his limbs, disperse when a range attack is coming from Thanos.  Apoc has so much in his skill set but rarely uses it.  Also this would depend on Apoc's vessel and how much tech he can fit into the vessel
Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Mr Golden Rod
@The God Of Owning: Apocalypse is the first mutant ever born, he is powered by Celestial technology. This means he he has a bunch of abilities. Apocalypse can just crush by growing to an immense size and then move at the speed he wants, punch Thanos into dust. Here is another scenario Apocalypse would just posses Thanos by putting his essence in his him. Here's another one scenario Apocalypse just uses his telepathy to rip him half. That wouldn't kill Thanos but the fight would be over with. The reason why Apocalypse gets stopped because if he were to win then that would be the end of ever story line in Marvel.
Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Mr Golden Rod
@daak1212:  The reason why Apocalypse doesn't use his full skill is because Marvel doesn't want him beating everybody up. In the future he rules the world. I have never seen Thanos rule anything. He is really powerful and intelligent but he doesn't use it in a strategic maneuver that has him win in the end.
Avatar image for fist_of_mandalore
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Golden Rod: Thats not even close to what would happen. Thanos is a Universal and Celestial threat. He has taken on Galactus before. Apocalypse loses, badly.
Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Mr Golden Rod
@RiseofApocalypse:  He has beaten the Higher Evolutionary and made a mockery of his workings in Super sized annual X Factor The Evolutionary War 64 pages.
Avatar image for prince_of_saiyans
Prince of Saiyans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Thanos wins.

Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Mr Golden Rod
@Edamame: He has the power to destroy the universe and messes that up. He never plans anything through like Apocalypse. Apocalypse always plans everything, he always has a backup plan. He has shown up in history manipulating others into war and testing them. He can very much well just have Thanos join his side. Thanos is threat on a galactic level but he fails. He has great power but like I said before he doesn't plan anything. So if anyone were to win amongst the 2 it would be Apocalypse because him being the first mutant ever born and having a array of abilities, having the experience planning out your strategy and anticipating your enemies. Apocalypse would just counter anything Thanos would try to do because he is an intellect, first mutant ever born powered by Celestial Technology. Cable and Blackbolt are the only ones who could beat Apocalypse but that could even be debated.
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Golden Rod:  
1. Thanos does not fail, he has done many impressive things, more than Apoc. 
2. Thanos is smarter than Apoc, and not only has a back up plan, but has multiple other backup plans for his original back up plan, lol, confusing. 
3.Thanos is just as versatile as Apoc, if not more.  
4. What does him being the first mutant ever born have to do with anything, Thanos is old as shit too. 
5. While Apoc could deff counter some stuff, he isn't counter certain attacks that Thanos has previously used against Celestial entities. 
6. Thanos has more impressive tech than Apoc. 
7. Apoc couldn't use telepathy vs Thanos he has fought extremely powerful telepaths, with no ill effect. 
8. Apoc can't hurt Thanos. Thanos has shrugged off attacks from Thor and Surfer with a smile. 

Now, I got to peace out, I'm hungry, lol. 
Doombert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117  Edited By Doombert

Keep in mind the last we saw of Apoc he basically killed Stryfe and took over his body.  Right before that he shrugged off his best attacks (Think X-man caliber).  Now he is even stronger.

Im not saying Thanos wont win but I dont think it would be as easy as some might think.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Golden Rod: I get my info from comics, unless IDK about the character. Nothing I said is wrong. And not to be a d@#k, but seriously what feat does Apocalypse have that is more impressive then some of the ones that I have mentioned for Thanos. Thanos is higher than a god level entity. He is a Cosmic and Celestial being. He is up there with Galactus, who he has fought, and stalemated. Galactus has beaten Mephisto in his own realm. And Mephisto has greater manipulation powers than Apocalypse. Thanos can beat Apoc. He has beaten much tougher opponents than Apoc.
Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Assman

This one really is a no brainer. Thanos, rather easily.
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#121  Edited By Manchine

Apocalypse is not even close to being a contender for Cosmic levels of power.  Magneto would have a better chance defeating Thanos.  When you compare to grade A villains (Ultron, Magneto, Loki, Kang, Hulk, Annihallus, etc) Apocalypse is a step down from that. 

Oh and Thanos CURBSTOMP!
daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By daak1212
@Manchine said:
"Apocalypse is not even close to being a contender for Cosmic levels of power.  Magneto would have a better chance defeating Thanos.  When you compare to grade A villains (Ultron, Magneto, Loki, Kang, Hulk, Annihallus, etc) Apocalypse is a step down from that.  Oh and Thanos CURBSTOMP! "

?
Avatar image for riseofapocalypse
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Manchine said:

" Apocalypse is not even close to being a contender for Cosmic levels of power.  Magneto would have a better chance defeating Thanos.  When you compare to grade A villains (Ultron, Magneto, Loki, Kang, Hulk, Annihallus, etc) Apocalypse is a step down from that."

Wrong on all accounts. Read Acts of Vengeance please. Loki in that story fooled Magneto, Doom, Kingpin, Red Skull, etc. but not Apocalypse because he could see through his disguise hence their little fight which Loki had to flee from. Apocalypse has stalemated people like High Evolutionary during the Evolutionary Wars (HE was evolved beyond (people like Thor). He has tanked Bolt's scream without flinching (granted he had a small amp). Can we say the same thing for Hulk? No. Apocalypse is as A villain as it gets and would crush all the people you mentioned easy (minus Loki perhaps).
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Golden Rod said:
" @RiseofApocalypse:  He has beaten the Higher Evolutionary and made a mockery of his workings in Super sized annual X Factor The Evolutionary War 64 pages. "
He stalemated a highly evolved HE, he didn't beat him. They exchanged their philosophies and stuff and Apoc left. Not good enough since Thanos > HE..
Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Mr Golden Rod

People really need to do thorough research on both characters. Also need to understand their personalities, accomplishments, how they use their powers. The Punisher doesn't have any powers but we know he could beat people that don't have powers. Having cosmic power doesn't mean your the best it just means you have one of the most powerful powers. It is the way you use it. For example people like Silver Surfer only use their powers in a very limited way. If I was the Silver Surfer and I was going to fight Thanos on his planet I would use my speed to the max and hit Thanos with me being the living comet. Thanos doesn't use his powers or the ones he gains intelligently. He just uses them to blast you.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @Mr Golden Rod said:
" @RiseofApocalypse:  He has beaten the Higher Evolutionary and made a mockery of his workings in Super sized annual X Factor The Evolutionary War 64 pages. "
He stalemated a highly evolved HE, he didn't beat him. They exchanged their philosophies and stuff and Apoc left. Not good enough since Thanos > HE.. "
That says nothing, since HE has no fighting skills to speak of. 
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#130  Edited By Manchine
@RiseofApocalypse said:
"@Manchine said:

" Apocalypse is not even close to being a contender for Cosmic levels of power.  Magneto would have a better chance defeating Thanos.  When you compare to grade A villains (Ultron, Magneto, Loki, Kang, Hulk, Annihallus, etc) Apocalypse is a step down from that."

Wrong on all accounts. Read Acts of Vengeance please. Loki in that story fooled Magneto, Doom, Kingpin, Red Skull, etc. but not Apocalypse because he could see through his disguise hence their little fight which Loki had to flee from. Apocalypse has stalemated people like High Evolutionary during the Evolutionary Wars (HE was evolved beyond (people like Thor). He has tanked Bolt's scream without flinching (granted he had a small amp). Can we say the same thing for Hulk? No. Apocalypse is as A villain as it gets and would crush all the people you mentioned easy (minus Loki perhaps). "

Got to laugh at this.  He has taken on High Evolutionary, which is the only thing he has done..  He also been destroyed by a whisper from Black Bolt (That amp was a lot more then a little).  He was barely able to defeat a DIEING hulk.  Sorry he is not even close to A lister villains.   

This is almost as bad as people argueing that storm can beat (insert name here).
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edamame said:

" @RiseofApocalypse said:

"Apocalypse is as A villain as it gets and would crush all the people you mentioned easy (minus Loki perhaps). "
Apocalypse could never defeat Magneto. "
And why not? (if you wanna argue this, bump up a thread and I'll come).  

@CosmicSpiral
said:

" @Mr Golden Rod said:
He stalemated a highly evolved HE, he didn't beat him. They exchanged their philosophies and stuff and Apoc left. Not good enough since Thanos > HE.. "
That says nothing, since HE has no fighting skills to speak of.  "
He doesn't need fighting skills if he is powerful. Does Galactus have fighting skills? No. Is he relatively powerful? Yes

@Manchine

said:

"@Manchine said:

Wrong on all accounts. Read Acts of Vengeance please. Loki in that story fooled Magneto, Doom, Kingpin, Red Skull, etc. but not Apocalypse because he could see through his disguise hence their little fight which Loki had to flee from. Apocalypse has stalemated people like High Evolutionary during the Evolutionary Wars (HE was evolved beyond (people like Thor). He has tanked Bolt's scream without flinching (granted he had a small amp). Can we say the same thing for Hulk? No. Apocalypse is as A villain as it gets and would crush all the people you mentioned easy (minus Loki perhaps). "

Got to laugh at this.  He has taken on High Evolutionary, which is the only thing he has done..  He also been destroyed by a whisper from Black Bolt (That amp was a lot more then a little).  He was barely able to defeat a DIEING hulk.  Sorry he is not even close to A lister villains.   

This is almost as bad as people argueing that storm can beat (insert name here). "

Laugh all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right, and you're wrong.. You're talking House of M, BB never did anything to 616 Apocalypse. The instance that I'm referring to, happened in 616 reality. The amp was Cable's powers before he had reached his full potential... That's what? Like a meta level amp? He wasn't barely able to defeat a dying Hulk, he easily restrained him. Where did you get this "barely" from? I want you to post the scans to prove it. He is as A list villain as it gets, sorry you don't like it. 
Mr Golden Rod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Mr Golden Rod

Apocalypse did know that Mr Sinister created a mutant just to defeat him. He even captured the mutant and infected him the techno organic virus. Apocalypse plans everything out and has back up plans. Even when it appears that he lost the battle, it would actually be something in his doing. He inevitably ends up ruling the world. When he actually fights opponents like Onslaught, he figures out their weakness. Thanos has alot of power himself and has attained power that can blows up half the universe. That is his typical plan; he gets the infinity gem or something godly like that to kill everyone in the universe to satisfy Mistress Death. He and the writers that made him know he needs a ultimate power to do anything grand enough that would make it look like he got close to succeeding. In the 3 minute video on Thanos by G Man it shows he ultimately fails. He comes back and fails. In a comparison of Apocalypse vs Thanos, lets start out with intelligence and strategic planning. I have already said Thanos's plans and how they ultimately fail. Apocalypse has been planning his reign for years. If it weren't for Cable then everybody in Marvel would have just fallen to Apocalypse's knees. Cable himself said that there was nothing left but Apocalypse's rule all over the world and Clan Chosen. Apocalypse conquered the world while Thanos couldn't conquer his own world. Apocalypse has ruled armies throughout history while Thanos has never even taken over one army. In the sense of powers and how the powers are used by Apocalypse is better because he has atcually a bunch of abilities that are only matched by a very small amount of people. Thanos goes for high power because he knows he can't do anything on his own. Apocalypse only looks for a new vessel for his ancient power because those powers exhaust  the body he's in. Magneto only beat Apocalypse, when Apocalyspe didn't have his powers. In X Men Evolution Apocalypse took over Magneto and Xavier's mind and made them his horseman. I read up on Comic Vine that this version of Apocalyspe was the same one. Magneto is under him. Thanos would not be able to do anything against Apocalypse when he is using his psychic, energy, physical abilities

crabtree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By crabtree

thanos wins.

Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Mr Golden Rod: Yeah, well. While Apocalypse is a threat to Earth. Thanos is a threat to the entire Universe. Apocalypse is just outclassed. His feats are no where near as impressive as Thanos, thats it end of story.  

Let this thread die.
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By progenitorigin

I go with Thanos.  Apocalypse is no slouch, though.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#137  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#140  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Edamame said:
" Actually, I have two posts already in it. I can't bump. "
I shall do it for you.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@RiseofApocalypse: You really do when you miss all of your attacks. 
Fist_of_Mandalore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@RiseofApocalypse said:

Laugh all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm right, and you're wrong.. You're talking House of M, BB never did anything to 616 Apocalypse. The instance that I'm referring to, happened in 616 reality. The amp was Cable's powers before he had reached his full potential... That's what? Like a meta level amp? He wasn't barely able to defeat a dying Hulk, he easily restrained him. Where did you get this "barely" from? I want you to post the scans to prove it. He is as A list villain as it gets, sorry you don't like it.  "
Technically BlackBolt did do that to a 616 Apocalypse it was just a warped reality of 616.
Dark Noldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1014

#144  Edited By Dark Noldor

Thanos

Zaterra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Zaterra

Thanos

RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @RiseofApocalypse: You really do when you miss all of your attacks.  "
Apocalypse dodged them.
SpidermanWins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 13

#147  Edited By SpidermanWins

thanos duh

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@RiseofApocalypse said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
Apocalypse dodged them. "
And how does that prove anything about Apoc's power again?
RiseofApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
Apocalypse dodged them. "
And how does that prove anything about Apoc's power again? "
Apocalypse fought the High Evolutionary, dodged his blasts, earned his respect, and left. 
progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By progenitorigin

From what's been shown--or at least from what i've seen, Thanos has been shown to have far more competence in combat, whereas Apocalypse is basically the man behind the curtain, using others and creating avatars of destruction on his behalf.  Not to mention, Apocalypse is usually on the run as soon as Cable arrives like a bat out of hell, Thanos usually stands his ground.