• 177 results
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By ximpossibrux

Thanos would stomp Superman into the ground. Thanos power would overwhelm him, or he engages in fisticuffs and beats Superman into the ground.

or

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By XiiX

@XImpossibruX: ..........You're joking, right? In the first scan, he only knocked Galactus backwards after blind-siding him(which isn't very impressive considering Galactus' weight is not equivocal to his power). And in the second, he sucker punched Surfer who has virtually no hand to hand combat speed or technical prowess to speak of(if there are scans indicating otherwise, I'd love to see them).

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By blackadamFTW

@jeanroygrant said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@tomlikesfries said:

All-Star Superman is a lot stronger than the original Superman. I'd say Thanos loses.

New Earth Superman has better strength feats that that...

Like what

Pulling half the earth (around 3.3 sextillion tons).

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ximpossibrux

@XiiX said:

@XImpossibruX: ..........You're joking, right? In the first scan, he only knocked Galactus backwards after blind-siding him(which isn't very impressive considering Galactus' weight is not equivocal to his power). And in the second, he sucker punched Surfer who has virtually no hand to hand combat speed or technical prowess to speak of(if there are scans indicating otherwise, I'd love to see them).

Blowing Galactus back at all is an impressive feat, the fact he actually annoyed Galactus puts him way above All-Star Superman.

And Surfer tanks planets exploding, but punches from Thanos absolutely destroys him.

He can survive that, but absolutely get demolished by Thanos.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jeanroygrant

@logy5000 said:

@jeanroygrant: Excalibur? Do you mean caliber?

Lol yeah.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By jeanroygrant

@blackadamFTWsaid:

@jeanroygrant said:

@blackadamFTW said:

@tomlikesfries said:

All-Star Superman is a lot stronger than the original Superman. I'd say Thanos loses.

New Earth Superman has better strength feats that that...

Like what

Pulling half the earth (around 3.3 sextillion tons).

Scans?

Shawnbaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Shawnbaby

@logy5000: You shouldn't create Battles if you're already biased about the winner.

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By XiiX

@XImpossibruX: Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't The Thing and Thor done something similar(albeit under different circumstances)? If Thanos had actually harmed Galactus, then you'd have a case. But as it stands, Galactus immediately returned and had Thanos begging for his life. For example, I'm sure Tim Drake is capable of knocking Bruce Wayne off his feet if Bruce weren't paying attention. But that doesn't mean anything other than Tim Drake can simply knock a 230+ pound man off his feet(he'd still get his ass whooped by him).

As for the second, I'm not saying it would change the outcome of the fight entirely, but you have to remember Thanos caught Surfer unaware. It's a good showing of his physical power, but not necessarily indicative of how a fight between he and Superman would play out(especially since Superman won't be sucker-punched).

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By blackadamFTW

@jeanroygrant: Here ya go:

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Quartermaim

First off I don't think 616 Thanos is stronger than All-Star Superman, nor is he faster. However considering the fact that Thanost has beaten some of Marvel's most powerful beings without his "gear" this won't be an easy fight for either of them. Even with Superman's vast intellect I don't think it rivals Thanos. Superman has the phyiscial strength and speed but Thanos can take those hits. Also Supermans heat vision would be a horrible idea since Thanos would just absorb it. With his matter manipulation at the molecular level he could cause Superman's molecular to speed up causing him to die faster. Since we are not sure when in All-Star Superman this is happening I suspect it would be towards the end when Superman is beginning to weaken. I say All-Star Superman could take him but its likely that Superman would immediately die afterwards. And by the way you are being great at not directly choosing a victor logy500, but you are dangerously close to overstepping those bounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@Shawnbaby said:

@logy5000: You shouldn't create Battles if you're already biased about the winner.

I'm not really biased towards Superman because I know he's not as powerful as people try to make him, but people are underestimating him.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Quartermaim said:

First off I don't think 616 Thanos is stronger than All-Star Superman, nor is he faster. However considering the fact that Thanost has beaten some of Marvel's most powerful beings without his "gear" this won't be an easy fight for either of them. Even with Superman's vast intellect I don't think it rivals Thanos. Superman has the phyiscial strength and speed but Thanos can take those hits. Also Supermans heat vision would be a horrible idea since Thanos would just absorb it. With his matter manipulation at the molecular level he could cause Superman's molecular to speed up causing him to die faster. Since we are not sure when in All-Star Superman this is happening I suspect it would be towards the end when Superman is beginning to weaken. I say All-Star Superman could take him but its likely that Superman would immediately die afterwards. And by the way you are being great at not directly choosing a victor logy500, but you are dangerously close to overstepping those bounds.

I'm not truly sure who I think would win, but I would root for Superman. Not saying he wins though.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Killemall

@Quartermaim said:

First off I don't think 616 Thanos is stronger than All-Star Superman, nor is he faster. However considering the fact that Thanost has beaten some of Marvel's most powerful beings without his "gear" this won't be an easy fight for either of them. Even with Superman's vast intellect I don't think it rivals Thanos. Superman has the phyiscial strength and speed but Thanos can take those hits. Also Supermans heat vision would be a horrible idea since Thanos would just absorb it.With his matter manipulation at the molecular level he could cause Superman's molecular to speed up causing him to die faster. Since we are not sure when in All-Star Superman this is happening I suspect it would be towards the end when Superman is beginning to weaken. I say All-Star Superman could take him but its likely that Superman would immediately die afterwards. And by the way you are being great at not directly choosing a victor logy500, but you are dangerously close to overstepping those bounds.

While i disagree with you on Thanos not being stronger than All Star Superman , specially Thanos towards Thanos Imperative rather than the current watered down version, i wanted to reply on few things.

1. Thanos for one isnt really known for energy absorption, yes he transformed his body so that it could absorb cosmic energy thereby boosting his powers, way back in Captain Marvel 26 (1973), i really dont remember him ever absorbing anything shot at him. While normal blast dont generally hurt him, guys like Odin and cosmic cube or cosmic cube being with their blast has knocked out Thanos.

Here are some instances

Thanos 09

Guardians of the Galaxy 25 - Thanos Imperative Saga

I think is reasonable to assume he's too durable for the heat vision to affect him, given that he has easily tanked Surfer's blast with little trouble or Thanosi (thanos later retconned to Thanosi because Jim Starlin though it was a low showing) has tanked amped up blast from Thor, saying he would absorb him seem a little off.

Apart from that we could perhaps use him being able to absorb Heart Of The Universe from Marvel The End, which is of course non cannon and that not something directly linked to a combat.

2. Molecule Manipulation is an interesting thing, the only instance i have seen Thanos use molecule manipulation is during Avengers Celestial Quest to turn Reptly Prime into god and during his mini to heal someone. To the best of my knoweledge, he has never used molecule manipulation in a fight before and hence i think saying he would use it in this fight seemed a little out of character.

Lastly, all the above point are moot, Thanos power level seem to have been rebooted and at his current level he has been hurt by Thor's punches and Captain America's shield, i honestly dont see this version of Thanos tanking heatvision, nor has this version shown molecule manipulation powers.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Fifthchild

Its hard to say exactly how powerful All Star Superman is relative to "our" Superman let alone how powerful Superman might be relative to someone from another publishing company like Thanos.

Still, given the circumstances, with Thanos killing Lois and a more or less straight up physical battle, he is going to get his ass kicked.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#65  Edited By xxxddd

@logy5000 said:

No prep.

Bloodlust is on.

No cosmic cube, gems, infinity gauntlet, etc.

Thanos killed Lois Lane before the fight.

Who wins?

For more information on how to properly write out battle scenarios, go here.

The OP should look like this:

Thanos vs Superman

No Caption Provided

Rules

• Current Thanos and All Star Superman are both bloodlusted
  • No prep
  • City is uninhabited
  • Both are unarmed
  • No time limit
  • Win by any means(K.O., death, bfr)
Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Onemoreposter

@jeanroygrant said:

@tomlikesfries said:

Thanos is a lot stronger than regular Superman too,

Actually that's not that much.... comparatively. Regular Superman contained a black hole in his hand in pre-flashpoint continuity which is a much greater strength feat. In issue 13 of Action Comics Superman benches 6 sextillion tons (the weight of the earth) which is also a greater feat. I loved All Star, but people seem to think that version of Superman is more impressive than he was.

In any case Thanos wins. I don't think it's a stomp, but Thanos is going to come out on top.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By xxxddd

@Onemoreposter:

That black hole thing is stupid writing. It can't be quantified in any way, shape, or form.

While consistently(i.e. ignoring one time ludricous feats due to writer's ineptitude)Superman has shown that his strength has upper limits.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: Being stuck up and arrogant doesn't make you look smart.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By xxxddd

@logy5000 said:

@xxxddd: Being stuck up and arrogant doesn't make you look smart.

The only thing I was being is helpful, you just misinterpreted by help as arrogance.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: To me it looked like you were trying to show superiority.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By xxxddd

@logy5000 said:

@xxxddd: To me it looked like you were trying to show superiority.

Well I wasn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xxxddd: Nevermind then.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Onemoreposter

@xxxddd said:

@Onemoreposter:

That black hole thing is stupid writing. It can't be quantified in any way, shape.

While consistently(i.e. ignoring one time ludricous feats due to writer's ineptitude)Superman has shown that his strength has upper limits.

Like it or not, Superman held and contained the black hole in his hand in continuity. I don't know what you mean by "can't be quantified" because a black hole absolutely can be. There's a certain point mass reaches upon which it collapses in on itself forming a black hole. This point is many many times more massive than our sun. Also, I don't know what you mean by "consistently Superman has shown that his strength has upper limits." Generally, Superman is able to accomplish whatever seemingly impossible feat that needs accomplishing consistently showing that he has yet to reach an upper limit of ability.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Onemoreposter: That was in the silver ages. Even Killemall agrees that Silver Age Superman could take Thanos.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Onemoreposter

@logy5000 said:

@Onemoreposter: That was in the silver ages. Even Killemall agrees that Silver Age Superman could take Thanos.

No, no it wasn't. It was just a couple years back.

and just for the hell of it, here's one of in continuity Superman rapidly accelerating towards light speed

Pre-Flashpoint Superman is physically superior to All Star Superman. He was a beast.

xxxddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By xxxddd

@Onemoreposter: I'm not explaining how one time, unquantifiable feats that have debunked by his more consistent feats of Superman having upper limits to his strength(like when he struggled to move the moon or pull the earth back into orbit).

Sometimes, writers write stupid things too, that black hole "feat" is one of them.

I don't wish to continue this debate because this battle involves all star superman and not pre 52.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Onemoreposter: I've never heard of Pre-Flashpoint Superman, but their are a ton of Superman that are superior to All-Star Superman.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Onemoreposter: Wait, do you mean Pre-52?

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Onemoreposter

@xxxddd said:

@Onemoreposter: I'm not explaining because this battle involves All Star Superman and not pre 52.

The edit tool is delightful isn't it?

kameo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By kameo

Regular superman should be able to stomp thanos with out his artifacts.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Onemoreposter

@logy5000 said:

@Onemoreposter: Wait, do you mean Pre-52?

Yessir. Pre-flashpoint, pre-52, pre-DCnU. It's all just a way of referencing the main continuity Superman before the reboot.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By The_jackolantern

Is all star superman that good a read?not a big superman fan but would like a good superman story

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By IZZR

Yeah AS Superman has Thanos number via the OP, i don't see how Thanos can beat him.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By pooty

@IZZR said:

Yeah AS Superman has Thanos number via the OP, i don't see how Thanos can beat him.

Mental attacks

IZZR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By IZZR
@pooty said:

@IZZR said:

Mental attacks

Seems far above that, Supes level of intelligence as All Star rivals Thanos also.
pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By pooty

@IZZR: what did AS Supes do to show resistance to TP? also Thanos does mind blast where he affects the synapses in the brain. nothing to do with intelligence.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@tomlikesfries said:

Actually that's not that much.... comparatively. Regular Superman contained a black hole in his hand in pre-flashpoint continuity which is a much greater strength feat. In issue 13 of Action Comics Superman benches 6 sextillion tons (the weight of the earth) which is also a greater feat. I loved All Star, but people seem to think that version of Superman is more impressive than he was.

In any case Thanos wins. I don't think it's a stomp, but Thanos is going to come out on top.

It's a stomp...

@kameo said:

Thanos could beat two Superman's...

SMDfanboys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By SMDfanboys

Thanos stomps All-Star Superman.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By jeanroygrant

@blackadamFTWsaid:

@jeanroygrant: Here ya go:

Thanos could do that too.

blackadamFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By blackadamFTW

@jeanroygrant: Dude!!! That wasn't the point. The point I was trying to make was that All Star Supes wasn't really more powerful than regular Supes. Not that Supes was better than Thanos. I agree that Thanos wins this.

Quartermaim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Quartermaim

I do think Thanos is durable to Supermans attacks at least for awhile.

Top pic shows Odin blasting Thanos and him just standing him bottom pic shows Thanos and Surfer not putting a dent in Odin
Top pic shows Odin blasting Thanos and him just standing him bottom pic shows Thanos and Surfer not putting a dent in Odin

As for disagreeing with energy and matter manipulation Thanos will do what is necessary. As with any fight Thanos biggest enemy is himself.

As I said I think All-Star Superman will take it (unless Thanos is not out to kil him) if its to the death Superman wins this one but still dies after the battle.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Onemoreposter

@jeanroygrant said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@tomlikesfries said:

It's a stomp...

@kameo said:

Nah. You forget the speed blitz. What are Thano's reaction time and combat speed feats? Unless Thanos is omniscient or is secretly Wally West, Superman is way quicker than him. Boodlusted, Kal blows holes through Thanos' body before he can even react. What are Thanos's base durability feats?

I'm still saying Thanos win's the majority of times, especially if it's not bloodlusted but in character. It's defiantly not a stomp though.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@Onemoreposter said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@tomlikesfries said:

It's a stomp...

@kameo said:

Nah. You forget the speed blitz. What are Thano's reaction time and combat speed feats? Unless Thanos is omniscient or is secretly Wally West, Superman is way quicker than him. Boodlusted, Kal blows holes through Thanos' body before he can even react. What are Thanos's base durability feats?

I'm still saying Thanos win's the majority of times, especially if it's not bloodlusted but in character. It's defiantly not a stomp though.

Thanos has reacted to speedster before.

Thanos's durability is wayyyy higher than Superman. Being able to tank shots from Odin, Galactus, and even felt nothing from Silver Surfer's strongest attack, Last time i checked anyone here would destroy Superman

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By jeanroygrant

@blackadamFTWsaid:

@jeanroygrant: Dude!!! That wasn't the point. The point I was trying to make was that All Star Supes wasn't really more powerful than regular Supes. Not that Supes was better than Thanos. I agree that Thanos wins this.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh. LOL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@logy5000: @DocFatalis: @jeanroygrant:

This Superman is much stronger then usual but not more resistant to TP attacks. Thanos mind blast him

All-Star Superman was able to resist Kal Kent's telepathy.

xXxcarzellxXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By xXxcarzellxXx

Bump

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H2H , Superman win otherwise he lose's , Prep he stalemate Thanos .

Madripoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not a fan but I'd say Supes as a possibility due to bloodlust

Giohd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Giohd

Superman lifted infinity what's strong then infinity ? ??? Only thing I can think of is god

and he lifted spectre also he weighs eternity

This is not silver age superman either

Avatar image for the_caped_crusader
The_Caped_Crusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All-Star Superman.