No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

VS depowered Tyrant

No Caption Provided

No BFR

No prep

Mongul has his rings

This is DOS Doomsday

Victory is by KO, Incapacitation or Death (if Doomsday dies he does not come back)

Spartan101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Spartan101

team.

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@Spartan101 said:

team.

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ToO_RaW

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Spartan101 said:

team.

Avatar image for ancient_0f_days
Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

Darkseid has been known to empower and depower people from time to time using his omega beams...he could empower his teammates just to assure their win.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

Darkseid has been known to empower and depower people from time to time using his omega beams...he could empower his teammates just to assure their win.

I didn't know he could do that. Would you say that's the only chance they have at victory?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dondave

Team

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By laflux

Tyrant

Though to be on the safe side

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@WarlordEternal said:

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

I didn't know he could do that. Would you say that's the only chance they have at victory?

Na it's not their only chance..... but I'll show you a couple of instances where he empowered/depowered someone.

Power Granting
1. Channels all the powers of all the New Gods who died into Jimmy Olsen, granting him all their powers.

2. Under his command the Shadow Demons have become stronger than before, and even nearly killed Superman.

3. Turns Mary Marvel back into Black Mary.

4. Upgrades Kalibak’s strength, making him stronger then Orin, and granted him psi-beams which he takes out Mr.Miracle with.

9. Depowers Secret with his Omega Beams returning her back to a normal girl.

scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By scyven

I think this matters more if its fully powered or depowered Tyrant...I think fully powered Tyrant takes this...fully powered Tyrant level is a hairline below Galactus level

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Ancient_0f_Days: Very nice!

Lets say he didn't empower any of his ally's, How would you imagine the fight going?

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WarlordEternal

@scyven: In my opinion a full powered Tyrant would stomp.

A depowered Tyrant was still extremely powerful as I've read that he defeated Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator Kallark, Ganymede and Jack of Hearts all together.

and I've heard that he even bested Thanos in combat.

Ancient_0f_Days

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ancient_0f_Days

@WarlordEternal said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: Very nice!

Lets say he didn't empower any of his ally's, How would you imagine the fight going?

I'm not completely sure, I haven't seen the amount of power Tyrant possesses, nor do I know his limits....I'll have to research more....

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By BlueHope

Team

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By New_World_Order

Tyrant

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Spartan101 said:

team.

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Spartan101 said:

team.

@ToO_RaW said:

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@Spartan101 said:

team.

@dondave said:

Team

@laflux said:

Tyrant

@BlueHope said:

Team

@ThunderGodsWrath said:

Tyrant

Alright I'm getting opinions but no reasons. C'mon people don't just leave me with one word answers.

Tell me why!

TERMINATORFAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TERMINATORFAN

@WarlordEternal: cause they do?

BlueHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlueHope

@WarlordEternal: Because Tyrant is very powerful but I don't think he can(depowered) defeat 3 team breakers + a superman lvl in strenght character

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By laflux

@WarlordEternal: Mongul Jr is a bit of a jobber, especially when compared to his father. Doomsday is a brute and all, but his first incarnation simply hasn't got the feats to hang with someone on Tyrants level. Thanos gave Tyrant a half decent fight, be he even admitted that Tyrant could have done so before BFRing himself. Darksied is generally considered to be around Thanos' level- though I feel he falls short when it comes to energy projection.

Qpzmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Qpzmg

Team.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By WarlordEternal

@TERMINATORFAN said:

@WarlordEternal: cause they do?

Okay

@BlueHope said:

@WarlordEternal: Because Tyrant is very powerful but I don't think he can(depowered) defeat 3 team breakers + a superman lvl in strenght character

Alright but keep in mind Tyrant has taken on large groups before too and had an upperhand against Thanos in their fight.

@laflux said:

Mongul Jr is a bit of a jobber, especially when compared to his father.

This is the version of him with Sinestro Corp rings. He was a beast with the rings.

Doomsday is a brute and all, but his first incarnation simply hasn't got the feats to hang with someone on Tyrants level.

Well he did effortlessly beat down the Justice League and Superman (for the most part) but then again Tyrants faced worse.

Thanos gave Tyrant a half decent fight, be he even admitted that Tyrant could have done so before BFRing himself. Darksied is generally considered to be around Thanos' level- though I feel he falls short when it comes to energy projection.

Are omega beams a non-factor?

scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By scyven

@WarlordEternal said:

@scyven: In my opinion a full powered Tyrant would stomp.

A depowered Tyrant was still extremely powerful as I've read that he defeated Silver Surfer, Morg, Terrax, Beta Ray Bill, Gladiator Kallark, Ganymede and Jack of Hearts all together.

and I've heard that he even bested Thanos in combat.

Yeah I have that issue somewhere he stomped

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ToO_RaW

@WarlordEternal

Thanos gave Tyrant a go on his very own and matched him physically for a brief period. Adding these guys to the mix would probably be too much for this version of Tyrant to handle.

scyven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By scyven

@ToO_RaW said:

@WarlordEternal

Thanos gave Tyrant a go on his very own and matched him physically for a brief period. Adding these guys to the mix would probably be too much for this version of Tyrant to handle.

Everyone has an off day :)

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pooty

tyrant left Thanos looking worse then Thanos did. Still, thanos survived. I say the team beats a depowered tyrant. barely

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Freefa11

@Ancient_0f_Days: You said he could empower people with his Omega Beams, but none of the examples you gave showed that. Pretty much all of them had the characters amped beforehand (meaning prep) via some unknown means or an external factor. Depowering Secret used the Omega Beams, but I doubt that trick would work on someone of Tyrant's stature.

Even "depowered," Tyrant could tank the Silver Surfer's best shots with no effect. He nearly KO'd him with a backfist, then got distracted by Ganymede for a second, giving the Surfer a chance to get up and attack again, which also failed, then Tyrant took him out with his eyebeams.

Beta Ray Bill got one-shotted and Stormbreaker bounced right off Tyrant's chest with no effect. Gladiator got two-shotted. Tyrant was fighting all three of them together and basically curbstomped the whole team like they were bugs.

Later he fought Thanos. The fight lasted several pages, mainly due to Thanos' crazy durability. Tyrant didn't manage to put him down, but Thanos didn't really do much to Tyrant either (though he did significantly better than BRB, Surfer, and Gladiator). Thanos eventually teleported away.

In Tyrant's final appearance he challenged Galactus to a rematch and managed to injure him a little. Before their battle, Galactus viewed him as a large enough threat that he made sure to consume a planet right before their confrontation.

I think this could be a rough fight on Tyrant, but he probably still has what it takes to win. Doomsday is going down fairly easily. Mongul, is tougher, but even with his rings I don't think he's Thanos-level. That leaves Thanos and DS. While Thanos knocked Tyrant over a couple of times, he couldn't really hurt him. I don't think the Omega Beams are going to be much more successful, and DS doesn't generally have the durability feats of Thanos, so he probably won't get many shots off before going down. Thanos will eventually get beat down after that.

Theoretically I think the team might have a shot if they could properly coordinate their efforts and come up with a solid game-plan, but Doomsday is a mindless beast, and the other three are all antisocial A-type personalities, and there's no prep to form a strategy anyway.

@ToO_RaW: Thanos did last a while, but again, a lot of this was really thanks to his crazy damage-soak. DOS Doomsday is nowhere near his level, and even with rings, I don't think Mongul is either. And while Darkseid is powerful, his durability doesn't generally seem as high as Thanos' meaning he will get taken down with fewer shots.

Again, they might be able to pull it off, but I actually see the odds favoring Tyrant to some degree, especially with no prep and no BFR involved.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Freefa11 said:

@Ancient_0f_Days: You said he could empower people with his Omega Beams, but none of the examples you gave showed that. Pretty much all of them had the characters amped beforehand (meaning prep) via some unknown means or an external factor. Depowering Secret used the Omega Beams, but I doubt that trick would work on someone of Tyrant's stature.

Even "depowered," Tyrant could tank the Silver Surfer's best shots with no effect. He nearly KO'd him with a backfist, then got distracted by Ganymede for a second, giving the Surfer a chance to get up and attack again, which also failed, then Tyrant took him out with his eyebeams.

Beta Ray Bill got one-shotted and Stormbreaker bounced right off Tyrant's chest with no effect. Gladiator got two-shotted. Tyrant was fighting all three of them together and basically curbstomped the whole team like they were bugs.

Later he fought Thanos. The fight lasted several pages, mainly due to Thanos' crazy durability. Tyrant didn't manage to put him down, but Thanos didn't really do much to Tyrant either (though he did significantly better than BRB, Surfer, and Gladiator). Thanos eventually teleported away.

In Tyrant's final appearance he challenged Galactus to a rematch and managed to injure him a little. Before their battle, Galactus viewed him as a large enough threat that he made sure to consume a planet right before their confrontation.

I think this could be a rough fight on Tyrant, but he probably still has what it takes to win. Doomsday is going down fairly easily. Mongul, is tougher, but even with his rings I don't think he's Thanos-level. That leaves Thanos and DS. While Thanos knocked Tyrant over a couple of times, he couldn't really hurt him. I don't think the Omega Beams are going to be much more successful, and DS doesn't generally have the durability feats of Thanos, so he probably won't get many shots off before going down. Thanos will eventually get beat down after that.

Theoretically I think the team might have a shot if they could properly coordinate their efforts and come up with a solid game-plan, but Doomsday is a mindless beast, and the other three are all antisocial A-type personalities, and there's no prep to form a strategy anyway.

Nice analysis.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tyrant still has a chance of beating the team.

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By oceanmaster21

the team has this easy they win

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By WarlordEternal

@oceanmaster21 said:

the team has this easy they win

Why do you think they take it easily?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By Killemall

@laflux said:

Tyrant

Sounds perfect :)

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Killemall said:

@laflux said:

Tyrant

Sounds perfect :)

LOL

So I take your an expert on this guy?

ToO_RaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ToO_RaW

@Freefa11 said:

@ToO_RaW: Thanos did last a while, but again, a lot of this was really thanks to his crazy damage-soak. DOS Doomsday is nowhere near his level, and even with rings, I don't think Mongul is either. And while Darkseid is powerful, his durability doesn't generally seem as high as Thanos' meaning he will get taken down with fewer shots.

Again, they might be able to pull it off, but I actually see the odds favoring Tyrant to some degree, especially with no prep and no BFR involved.

Very true. I'll agree with this.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#34  Edited By Killemall

@WarlordEternal said:

LOL

So I take your an expert on this guy?

I used to be, i have a whole collection of his feats on my computer before its crashed.

Tyrant has some spectual showing, he fought 5 herald level being, twice, and mockery out of them both time. When Galactus knew he had to face tyrant, the first thing he did was go eat a planet, thats not even the kind of respect Galactus shows for Odin. Tyrant still made him bleed, stood up perfect against a fed galactus.

Despite limited appearances, Tyrant is beyond this level.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WarlordEternal

@Killemall: WOW!

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XiiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By dondave

Tyrant

Assman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ancient_0f_Days said:

No, team take this handily.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By laflux

@dondave said:

Tyrant

You changed your mind :P

Only Kidding (It was a year ago >:D )

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By laflux

Yeah Still Tyrant. People point to Thanos' showing against Tyrant, but Thanos did no Damage to Tyrant whatsoever at the end of the bout, and admitted that Tyrant could have killed him. None of the rest of the team has as impressive durability showing as he does (aside from possibly Doomsday if we are using Hunter-Prey), nor his levels of Power output in regards to energy.

Tyrant even at depowered levels is coming close to Galactus level. That's a step considerably this team.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@assman: Any reasons in particular?