Thanos, Darkseid, and Mongul vs Heralds Of Galactus

• 93 results
The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bullettimer: There's a panel (I can't scan atm) where he literally jumps on Batman and slams his face into the ground.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bullettimer: No, the suit should be at Superman's level based on the feats. It's impressive that it survived the close combat against Darkseid though.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Although Darkseid already showed that fighting the League was no problem. GL wasn't a threat at all, neither was Batman. Flash was taken out by AoE attacks and had to run to just keep the Omega Beams away. The OB oneshot Superman, and would almost certainly do the same to Wonder Woman and Aquaman. The only real threat was the two magical weapons that Aquaman and Wonder Woman had, but even when he got his eyes gouged out by them it didn't really slow Darkseid down. Plus, Darkseid can mass scatter a planet if he gets angry enough, most of the League isn't surviving that.

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Ah, ok, I honestly hadn't heard of the armor's capabilities till I looked it up after grabbing the issue today. I was getting it simply for the Darkseid appearance.

BulletTimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@hiddenlight: Hmm, okay.

That makes it a little less impressive, as holding an even fight (with a slight edge over) a Superman-level character isn't that impressive to a herald...

Sly_141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tensor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Team one easy.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

bump

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins this by himself

Removing him makes this a stomp in favour of the heralds

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: Absolutely not. Its not even a given that Thanos will beat the Destroyer much less everyone else at the same time.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot said:

@thegrayghost: Absolutely not. Its not even a given that Thanos will beat the Destroyer much less everyone else at the same time.

Not to mention that Morg has the Waters of Life.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

destroyer and silver surfer will give them hell at their full potential. silver surfer has several ways of defeating darkseid. if you are talking of omega blast, silver surfer can counter it easily with is board. what if i say omega effect won't work on silver surfer? all he as to do is to teleport back to where he was fighting. even silver surfer will create a worm hole and will let the omega beam enter it. that's skill right there. lol. silver surfer will dispatch mongol quickly. thanos is the big problem there. the heralds will form a plan to take down this three teams. the heralds of galactus are solar busters they can easily destroy planet with minimal effort.

I can go with this.

@bullettimer: Just bought the issue where Batman and Darkseid fight, and the battle is entirely plot. Batman has the Insider Suit, which was made in the heart of the sun by Superman, then given willpower energy by GL, then given Nanotech and New God stuff by Cyborg, then given Magic by Wonder Woman, then given the Speed Force by Flash. And even with that, Batman was getting his face stomped in by a Darkseid that had specifically just woken from his coma. Batman only survived because the plot mcguffin crystal was able to absorb the Omega Sanction and hit Darkseid with it. Then Darkseid got up, and simply let Batman go because he knew they "would meet again."

So it wasn't really a loss for Darkseid.

Do you have scans for this? I want to see them because I never saw that battle nor read the issue.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: I posted links to feats on the first page, near the bottom.

Avatar image for medulaoblaganda
medulaoblaganda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hiddenlight: Although Darkseid already showed that fighting the League was no problem. GL wasn't a threat at all, neither was Batman. Flash was taken out by AoE attacks and had to run to just keep the Omega Beams away. The OB oneshot Superman, and would almost certainly do the same to Wonder Woman and Aquaman. The only real threat was the two magical weapons that Aquaman and Wonder Woman had, but even when he got his eyes gouged out by them it didn't really slow Darkseid down. Plus, Darkseid can mass scatter a planet if he gets angry enough, most of the League isn't surviving that.

His eyes where fine you can see that there unharmed in later panels and in the villain issue he was fine after he had the boom tube collapse on him, he only ever got his eye's gouged out in the movie.

We've been given the reason he hasn't gone back in the 5 year gap and it's because he made a deal with Highfather that he would be allowed free reign in the Earth 2 universe if he left others alone.

His best trait at the moment seems to be his durability, he wasn't affected by Mr Terrifics Boom spheres which are suppose to bypass durability by teleporting away the flesh it touches. Worlds end Mr Terrific could easily solo a lot of high end teams given that upgrade and his ability to bring in countless T-spheres from across dimensions.

Avatar image for heraldofganthet
HeraldofGanthet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By HeraldofGanthet

@warlordeternal:

Without hax items for the Heralds, team Darkseid wins this. The Heralds will give it a good try, but they lose in the end IMO...

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Morg even with the WoL is by no means on Thanos' level, if only because just as one example , dude has zero feats for resisting TP

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WarlordEternal

@thegrayghost: I'm not saying that Morg is Thanos level, but he is damn near close. With the WoL, he beat down 4 heralds like they were nothing. That mixed in with the Destroyer and the other heralds makes for a deadly combo. But you are right about the TP.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: No I don't, I won't have access to a scanner for about a week and a half.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal: Actually Morg fought 4 heralds , while Surfer the strongest, didnt engage and was nearly put down by Nova. That's not the same as .....Thanos no selling Surfers blasts/ 7 shotting him or wading through the Annhilators recently

Thats when Morg had the power cosmic+ WoL

With just WoL , Terrax killed him

Also to be noted heralds weren't using their esoterics, for example Nova wasn't fighting at her " move through absolute zero speeds" or causing suns to go nova. And he cheap shotted her to boot

So no....Morg is not on the same level physically as Thanos without even going to stuff like BFR/TP/ transmutation etc

Dunno about the Destroyers feats as a herald

Avatar image for deactivated-5e291995a18d6
deactivated-5e291995a18d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 takes this.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By The_Imperator

@terry2012: Yes, I will scan them when I get the chance.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: Yes, I will scan them when I get the chance.

Alright. Thank you. I will looking forward to it.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Morg fought 4 heralds

That's what I said.

Thats when Morg had the power cosmic+ WoL

With just WoL , Terrax killed him

Oh, do you think this is him only with the WoL? I'll fix that.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By WarlordEternal
ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ilikedonuts

@warlordeternal:

Sorry, been off the Vine fer a while.

Can ya teach me a bit about the heralds of Galactus? Except for Terrax, I know a lot about him already.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ilikedonuts: I'm not very knowledgeable on all of the Heralds. You can find feats for Morg in a post I made on the first page. I believe the Destroyer is or near skyfather level. You could probably find more feats for everyone on comic vine.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Destroyer can match Thanos.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos solos. Heralds can't even really hurt him. Certainly can't put him down.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ancient_god

5/10 for both teams

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure if thanos weren't in this thread or replaced with someone else of similar power, certain users would've immediately switch their responses to "heralds stomp"

I wanna say QFT, but I don't wanna get involved with Thanos on CV; and I'm actually starting to like him after rereading Infinity Gauntlet.

The_Imperator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@terry2012: Here's the fight. Darkseid states, I didn't scan the panel in, that he literally just woke up. Meaning he just finished his fight with Mr. Miracle and the Boom spheres in Worlds End 11. So he just had matter annihilating spheres slam into him, is still weakened because he hasn't been able to fully regenerate, and probably has a hell of a hangover.

Batman lands a punch, then here's the rest of the fight;

As you can see, Batman with his super suit manages to get in a few punches, but Darkseid is pretty much controlling the fight. And even when he takes the full brunt of his Omega Beams, Darkseid is fine a panel later and just lets them leave. He wanted Batman to leave for some reason, probably insurance against the Anti-Monitor if I had to guess. Darkseid and the AM are set to war against each other soon.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warlordeternal:

Here it is. Let's say Darkseid has planned to overthrow Galactus, an' has made Thanos an' Mongul assist him, an' he's gonna reward 'em with great power an' knowledge. But the Heralds are in their way, so they gotta take 'em down.

The Heralds reaches Darkseid, Thanos an' Mongul, an' Terrax tells 'em "We have heard of your plans to overthrow Galactus. We suggest that you turn back. For we are his Heralds. Leave, and we shall show mercy. But stay, and face destruction!". Darkseid, Thanos an Mongul laughs, an' Darkseid says "Amusing. You expect this little team you have, to defeat the three of us? Pathetic.". An' Terrax tries ta slice Darkseid with his axe an' says "You INSULT us?!" but then Darkseid catches the axe an' says "Fool." an' then he blasts Terrax away with the Omega Beams. Then Darkseid says "Heralds...what we have planned for your master is none of your concern. We'll give you one single chance to go away peacefully. But if you stay, then my Omega Beams will blast you into atomic particles! What is your decision, Heralds?" an' Terrax yells "Fellow Heralds of Galactus....CRUSH the usurpers!" an' Darkseid says "So be it then...Thanos! Mongul! Do not leave a single trace of their disgusting existence!" an' then Nova goes up to Mongul, an' blasts him in the face an' then spreads it all over his body. Then she stops for a bit, an' Mongul then smiles an' creates a fusion cannon with his rings an' charges it an' then blasts her backwards an' hurts her badly. Then he flies t'wards her an' grabs her skull with his left fist, an' then he pulls his right fist back, an' creates a knuckle duster around his fist, an' a booster at the elbow, an' he charges the booster an' charges his rings like crazy an' he laughs an' punches her in the face, an' it's a destructive hit. She's KO'd, an' her face is completely screwed up. Thanos is fightin' Surfer, an' Surfer is blastin' Thanos an' says "Why are you working for that madman, Thanos? You are evil, but I wouldn't think of you as someone to take orders from any-ARGH!!" an' Thanos punches Surfer in the gut an' says "SILENCE, Surfer! What I'm doing with these two is none of your concern! Besides...if I were you, I would focus more on staying alive!" an' he charges his energy-manipulation in his hands an' hits Surfer in the ears, an' then knee-kicks him in the gut. Then the Destroyer armor comes an' punches Thanos from behind an' Thanos says "AARGH!! Who dares?!" an' he looks back an' says "The Asgardian Destroyer armor... is a Herald of Galactus?!". Over to Darkseid. He's fightin' Terrax, Fallen-One, Firelord an' Stardust, an' Terrax tries ta slice Darkseid with his axe again, but Darkseid dodges, an' then he curls his fists together an' punches Terrax in the back, an' he gets knocked forward. Then Fallen-One tries ta double hammerfist Darkseid, but Darkseid just blasts him away with the Omega Beams. Stardust then tries ta blast Darkseid, but he blasts back at her with the Omega Beams, an' his Omega Beams overwhelm her beam an' blasts her in the eyes. Firelord then tries ta hit Darkseid with his staff, but Darkseid grabs the staff an' snatches it from Firelord's hands, an' then he hits him in the face with it, an' then in the gut, an' then in the back. Then Darkseid says "An honorable effort, but you fools must not realise how suicidal it is to attack me in a such a mindless, head-on attack. Watch as my Omega Beams turns this pathetic staff into a ash!" an' he blasts the staff with the Omega Beams an' blasts it to dust. Darkseid then says "I wouldn't have thought that the mighty Galactus would have chosen such a pathetic group such as this as his heralds. Wouldn't you agree?" an' blasts Firelord with his Omega Beams an' blasts him to dust. Then Mongul is fightin' Red Shift, Air Walker an' Morg. Red-Shift tries ta slice Mongul with his sword, but Mongul catches the sword an' snatches it from his hands, then he uses his rings an' burns the sword an' melts it down. Then Air Walker flies t'wards Mongul, but Mongul grabs his face, then gets behind him, an' snaps his neck. Then he throws away the body, an' then Morg comes an' hits Mongul in the face with his axe, over an' over again, but then Mongul creates an axe of his own with his rings, an' hits Morg in the face with it, then he punches him in the face, an' then Red Shift goes up ta Mongul, but Mongul uses his rings an' grabs his face an' electrocutes him with his rings, an' then charges his rings so it gets even more powerful. Then he knee kicks him in the nose an' knocks him out. Then he continues ta fight Morg. Thanos is fightin' the Destroyer armor an' Surfer, an' Surfer blasts him in the face, but then Thanos charges his energy-manipulation in his hands an' blasts Surfer off his surfboard. Then Thanos goes up against the Destroyer armor, an' they start wrestlin', an' Thanos then headbutts the Destroyer armor. Darkseid is takin' on Terrax, an' Terrax tries ta slice Darkseid with his axe but Darkseid blocks, an' charges the Omega Effect in his right fist an' uppercuts Terrax in the gut, then elbows him in the back, then he knee-kicks him in the face, an' then he charges the Omega Effect in his hands even more, an' then he hits Terrax in the ears with all his might. Terrax is KO'd. Darkseid says "This one was almost impressive." Then Fallen-One an' Stardust goes up against Darkseid, but he uses his Erosion Blasts an' blasts both of 'em backwards. Then the Fallen-One goes up against Darkseid again, but Darkseid uses his Omega Beams an' says "You feeble-minded fool! The burn of the Omega Beams has no limits!" an' he destroys Fallen-One's matter an' reduces him to ash. Then he does the same to Stardust. Thanos is handlin' Surfer, an' backhands him in the face, an' punches him in the face with a haymaker, an' then headbutts Surfer in the nose. Then he charges the energy-manipulation in his fists, an' knee-kicks Surfer in the gut, an' then double-hammerfists him in the spine an' KO's him (this ain't the first time Thanos outmuscles Surfer.) Thanos says "At last you're out of the way. Now..." but then Darkseid blasts the Destroyer armor with his Omega Beams an' reduces it to ashes. Thanos then says "How..? You destroyed the Destroyer armor with a single blast?!" an' Darkseid says "Of course, fool! I am Darkseid! Now come...let us end this charade." Mongul punches Morg in the face, an' then kicks him in the gut, then he creates a hammer with his rings an' attempts to smash Morgs skull, but then Darkseid blasts Morg with the Omega Beams an' reduces him to ash. Mongul then says "How DARE you interfere with one of my-" an' Darkseid grabs his throat an' says "A bold move to raise your voice against me...but it would be wise to treat me with respect." an' then pushes him aside an' says "Now come, Thanos annd Mongul...let us finish what we have started! The time has come to bring Galatus to his knees!" an' they keep goin' to Galactus.

There. Finally done. Sorry it took so long.

Also I dunno that much about most of Galactus's heralds at the moment (except for Terrax, an' a bit of Surfer) so sorry if it mighta seemed like I underrated 'em or anythin'.

navyfelder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Darkside

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Thanos.

ilikedonuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heralds take them in a good fight, with Thanos being the X-factor and only real hurdle in giving Team Thanos the win IMO.

ancient_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Destroyer is a big problem