-Hunter/Prey Doomsday

-616 Apocalypse & Thanos

-Phalanx Ultron

Fight takes place on Coruscant inside an indestructible Jedi Temple:

Who wins?

#2 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#3 Posted by MisterWhisper (1914 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid just Omega beams them for an easy BFR.

#4 Posted by King Saturn (224189 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos vs Darkseid should be an interesting encounter... but everything else.... eh.

#5 Edited by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos rips Orion in half, then BFR's Doomsday to the Nega-verse, then looks at Darkseid and goes "You lose more often to Superman than I do in my own schemes. Which I plan to happen. What's your excuse?" Then Darkseid runs away crying like a B****.

#6 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Hah, I like, that's rather funny. :)

Joke response - Darkseid lets Thanos kill him because.... reasons

Serious response - Apocalypse is taken out first, and Doomsday and Ultron can have at it. Even then, Darkseid can BFR Ultron with the Omega Beams into the Source Wall or something. So that leaves all of team two to fight Thanos. Knowing Darkseid, he lets Doomsday and Orion go first to soften up Thanos, but the only thing they have that should hurt Thanos is the Astro-Force, and maybe Doomsday, depending on calcs. The fight ends up being a slightly hurt Thanos vs Darskeid, and i will tentatively give it to Darkseid.

#7 Posted by Wardemon32 (4152 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 on both occasions

#8 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

They can't even get passed Thanos' shields. Apocalypse and Ultron aren't even much of a factor. Thanos can BFR Doomsday with a finger and backhand Orion. And then it just comes down to the generic Darkseid vs Thanos argument.

Thanos wins both quite handily. Especially the 2nd round. Thanos with Prep is unbeatable unless he wants to be beaten. And since this isn't a bid for universal domination, he won't let himself lose.

#9 Posted by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Thanos doesn't stomp on either battle, though he most likely wins round 2. Besides the fact that Orion can teleport back and is stated to be roughly equal to Darkseid, Darkseid isn't going to get KO'ed, especially since even if killed he has multiple times hung around with just his soul and taken over people (FC) or created Avatars (one of the JLA comics back in the 70s).

To the OP, what does prep entail? Can Orion use is knowledge of the ALE to use it on Thanos, or does he have to stay in character for Post-Orion comics (he still had it by the end, right? I seem to recall he did, but I may be wrong)?

And Thanos with prep,has he ever gotten one of those nigh-unbeatable objects in less than an hour?

#10 Edited by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos can track down the current owners of the Infinity Gems in five minutes if he felt like it. He only needs one. And it's not like Darkseid can do jack anything in an hour. He'll tell Desaad to think of something, it'll fail, then he'll stride out all ticked off that someone else couldn't do his job for him.

Thanos has means and measures to disable Orion's tech and leave him stranded. Hell if he wanted to he could just teleport a singularity bomb inside their stomachs and watch them implode. He has the technology and the means to do so.

And ya know saying Orion is on "Darkseid level" is rather ridiculous. When Superman quite regularly matches Darkseid, that doesn't say much for Orion or Darkseid, when it's abundantly clear Supes is like a Baby to Thanos. The ease of which Thanos can deal with Dday and Orion is as thus;

#11 Posted by TifaLockhart (14051 posts) - - Show Bio

Darkseid's lost to Superman legit only once.

#12 Posted by comic_book_fan (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

orion beats ultron

apocalypse beats doomesday

darkseid stalemates thanos

apocalypse then beats orion

and him and thanos overwhelm darkseid.

#13 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos pretty much stomps all over them by himself.

#14 Posted by Clark_EL (2654 posts) - - Show Bio

team 1

#15 Edited by The_Imperator (1929 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

Thanos can track down the current owners of the Infinity Gems in five minutes if he felt like it. He only needs one. And it's not like Darkseid can do jack anything in an hour. He'll tell Desaad to think of something, it'll fail, then he'll stride out all ticked off that someone else couldn't do his job for him.

Thanos has means and measures to disable Orion's tech and leave him stranded. Hell if he wanted to he could just teleport a singularity bomb inside their stomachs and watch them implode. He has the technology and the means to do so.

And ya know saying Orion is on "Darkseid level" is rather ridiculous. When Superman quite regularly matches Darkseid, that doesn't say much for Orion or Darkseid, when it's abundantly clear Supes is like a Baby to Thanos. The ease of which Thanos can deal with Dday and Orion is as thus;

Wait, he can? Just curious, as I don't really follow Marvel, but what is Thanos up to these days?

Wait, how is he disabling the Tech? Orion can reform it with a thought when it is destroyed, it is a part of him; he can think and activate it.

Why do you act like Darkseid can infinitely micro-manage everything? He has a job, namely being head of state of a planet that is at constant war with another planet, and it happens on multiple dimensional planes. And he is supposed to forget about leading the planet he stole leadership up to pursue a side project?

Also, as I don't really follow Marvel, what are some of Thanos' greatest strength feats?

@doomnaut: What version of Darkseid is this?

#16 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Wait, he can? Just curious, as I don't really follow Marvel, but what is Thanos up to these days?

We're waiting for Bendis to be stoned to death before we take any further Thanos stories seriously since Bendis is a complete toolbag who dropped the ball with his "Avengers Assembled". Thanos in Imperative is unkillable. He also learned the ritual that was used to kill Death in the Cancer-verse just by being in the location where it occurred.

Wait, how is he disabling the Tech? Orion can reform it with a thought when it is destroyed, it is a part of him; he can think and activate it.

Thanos has disabled much, including living computers. He can block detection from Galactus and override systems. He is literally a technological genius and openly stated that Galactus' measures to guard access to his DNA weren't enough to stop Thanos. People assume Galactus doesn't have DNA. He did when he was Galen, and then evolved in the Cosmic Egg after surviving the death of the previous universe and the birth of the current one.

Thanos followed that cosmic evolution and created the Omega, which was an "Intellectual Exercise" for him and not something he planned on using. Thanos has numerous devices built into his armor, which also enables him to remotely control and command a fleet of android-controlled ships.

Also, as I don't really follow Marvel, what are some of Thanos' greatest strength feats?

You mean aside from regularly pimpsmacking people who can bust planets with their fists, rip the cores out of stars with their bare hands and toss people across solar systems? Well we do have Stan Lee admitting that in terms of strength, Thanos is in his own weight class (when questioned who was stronger between Hulk and Thanos).

A fist fight with Drax destroyed the planet they were on in the early 70's. Thanos has received multiple increases since then. And with Imperative he can permanently kill people in a universe where Death didn't exist.

#17 Edited by Immortal777 (7584 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Pre 52 Darkseid in possession of the ALE?

#18 Posted by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Thanos at almost any time during the 616-universe in possession of some object that made the ALE look like a toy? Thanos with a Cosmic Cube can do the same as the ALE. Infinity Gauntlet was better. HotU beats all of it.

#19 Posted by Immortal777 (7584 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:
@immortal777 said:

Wasn't Thanos at almost any time during the 616-universe in possession of some object that made the ALE look like a toy? Thanos with a Cosmic Cube can do the same as the ALE. Infinity Gauntlet was better. HotU beats all of it.

Dude what are you talking about Thanos currently has none of the things you mentioned. Darkseid just before the new 52 in his last appearance had the ALE which would mean he still has it.

#20 Edited by reikai (4237 posts) - - Show Bio

Dude what are you talking about Thanos currently has none of the things you mentioned. Darkseid just before the new 52 in his last appearance had the ALE which would mean he still has it.

Not really, because the "current" Darkseid of Post-Crisis would be dead and therefore no longer in possession of the ALE. And wasn't he killed by all the Flash's?

And the only "Current" Thanos anyone considers Canon is from Imperative, and he's the Avatar of Death. He's incapable of being killed or rendered non-existent. When Death reappeared within the Cancer-verse it enabled him to kill everything in it. Even says it to Death when she apparently rejects him; "Do I need to kill Another Universe to satisfy you?!"

Thanos was gettin pretty ticked off there. Just being alive again made him madder than the Hulk could ever conceive of being. And I guess that's the difference. Darkseid can still die. Thanos can't.

#21 Posted by Immortal777 (7584 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: The most current post crisis Darkseid wouldn't be dead in this thread so that doesn't matter.

#22 Edited by dondave (37410 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#23 Posted by Killemall (18564 posts) - - Show Bio

He probably could because Avengers Assemble says Thanos was actively monitoring powerful artifacts on Earth.

That being said Marvel Universe , at least 616 no longer has an IG, Captain America broke it, coz he's Captain Freakin America :p

New Avengers 03

#24 Edited by Dextersinister (6145 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777 said:

@reikai: The most current post crisis Darkseid wouldn't be dead in this thread so that doesn't matter.

He was either comic book dead or simply somewhere else as his return was part of the post and pre 52 timeline in Legion. So he wasn't gone for good like uncle Ben or a C lister.

#25 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion could actually dispatch two of his opponents by himself, if previous feats can be used here. Magneto during the Age of Apocalypse storyline killed Apocalypse by magnetically severing his molecular bonds, thus tearing him in half. Ultron has an adamantium shell. We know how vunurable adamantium is to EM manipulation, not to mention that a high level matter manipulator like Orion cuold transmute Ultron into solid marble (or something), surround him in a force field, and throw him into a volcano or the solar core, thus preventing his soul (?) from invading another circuit to rebuild himself later. Thanos would then have to deal with Doomsday, Orion, and Darkseid simultaeneously. I know he's tough, but that's a lot going on all at once...

#26 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 no doubt.

#27 Edited by czarny_samael666 (17174 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion could actually dispatch two of his opponents by himself, if previous feats can be used here. Magneto during the Age of Apocalypse storyline killed Apocalypse by magnetically severing his molecular bonds, thus tearing him in half. Ultron has an adamantium shell. We know how vunurable adamantium is to EM manipulation, not to mention that a high level matter manipulator like Orion cuold transmute Ultron into solid marble (or something), surround him in a force field, and throw him into a volcano or the solar core, thus preventing his soul (?) from invading another circuit to rebuild himself later. Thanos would then have to deal with Doomsday, Orion, and Darkseid simultaeneously. I know he's tough, but that's a lot going on all at once...

I'm waiting for scans of all things mentioned here that Orion can do.

Until that, Ultron won't go down to any of his enemies here.

I also don't see them taking out Thanos.

About prep - Thanos wins.

#28 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2 on both occasions

I agree, plus if BFR is allowed DS can just do so easily if not that DD literally beats everyone on team 1 like he does everyone

Darkseid just Omega beams them for an easy BFR.

I happen to agree with you here

#29 Posted by Shawnbaby (10774 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is a major weak link for the Marvel team.

#30 Edited by laflux (15919 posts) - - Show Bio

Apocalypse is a major weak link for the Marvel team.

but he has such a badass photo :P

#31 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3470 posts) - - Show Bio

@czarny_samael666:I'm waiting for scans of all things mentioned here that Orion can do.

I unfortunately don't have the scans, but Ancient_Of_Days (and i'm sure many others here on the 'Vine) does. Scans of Orion controlling EM waves to perform various lifting and other feats. Scans of him being able to quickly assemble/reassemble matter, etc... He's a lot more versitile than people think.

#32 Posted by Doomnaut (1993 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump.

#33 Edited by Perethorn (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos is most likely to solo.

#34 Posted by HolySerpent (12542 posts) - - Show Bio

darksied teams.

Thanos is most likely to solo.

no he does not

#35 Edited by comic_book_fan (5638 posts) - - Show Bio

darkseid beats thanos after a hell of a fight

apocalypse beats doomsday

orion beats ultron

apocalypse beats orion

the darkseid beats apocalypse .

#36 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

I say team 1.

#37 Posted by New_World_Order (13189 posts) - - Show Bio

No one here can stand up to Thanos, they would have to double up on him, and that will cost them.

#38 Edited by Perethorn (3400 posts) - - Show Bio

@holyserpent:

Current Thanos is low skyfather level, maybe higher. He is a team buster, pretty strong, durable and smart

Post Crisis Darkseid is more powerful than Superman, but he does not reach the level to be considered in Thanos league. SA Darkseid is the one that can beat Thanos

Orion can be beaten to a pulp by Thanos and DD gets BFR

#39 Edited by capfan80 (348 posts) - - Show Bio

I tend to side with Team 2 based on the fact that I think Ultron and Apoc are the weakest of both teams, particularly in a straight up fight.

#40 Edited by Ancient_0f_Days (12184 posts) - - Show Bio

So, basically Thanos vs Darkseid Orion and Doomsday? Not lopsided at all .... right?

(Apocalypse is stupidly outmatched and isn't a factor, Ultron can be BFRed by Orion or Darkseid into the source wall from which Thanos cannot retrieve him...Thanos is alone whether he or his fanboys like it or not and he isn't beating Darkseid Orion and Doomsday )

Wow, what a blowout

#41 Posted by IRS (455 posts) - - Show Bio

So, basically Thanos vs Darkseid Orion and Doomsday? Not lopsided at all .... right?

(Apocalypse is stupidly outmatched and isn't a factor, Ultron can be BFRed by Orion or Darkseid into the source wall from which Thanos cannot retrieve him...Thanos is alone whether he or his fanboys like it or not and he isn't beating Uxas Orion and Darkseid)

Wow, what a blowout

This. Apoc and Ultron get BFR'd from the start and Thanos can't solo.

#42 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

The mad titan and his team ftw
Thanos= Prep God

#43 Edited by Kid_Alex93 (8 posts) - - Show Bio

orion beats ultron

apocalypse beats doomesday

darkseid stalemates thanos

apocalypse then beats orion

and him and thanos overwhelm darkseid.

i dont agree with the ultron part but the rest is accurate and beautiful as fuck :')

#44 Posted by lol (5076 posts) - - Show Bio

Still team 1

#45 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5568 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1

#46 Posted by Sly_141 (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

Darkseid and Thanos could go either way

H/p doomsday should beat Apocalypse

Orion should beat Ultron with no jobbing

#47 Posted by dontevenblink (468 posts) - - Show Bio

so, why are they INSIDE the jedi temple? seems like it'd be kinda cramped in there, especially since it's "indestructable". they're all pretty much at ease in space, right? not that it really matters too much... anyway, instead of all three of them going 1v1 with their similar opponents, what if they were smart and coordinated their attacks?

Round 1 is tough because of blood lust. most of these powerhouses like to stand there and tank hits from the heroes before showing off their raw power, so we don't see them just rushing in and killing at fast as the can very often. Orion and Apocalypse probably go down first, then Thanos kills Doomsday while Darkseid kills Ultron. and the general consensus on the Vine is that Thanos generally beats Darkseid after a decent fight (depending on which versions), which i completely agree with.

Round 2 Thanos plans to win, so he kills Orion and Doomsday at the same time, leaving Darkseid out numbered and while he's distracted beating Ultron and Apoc back, Thanos comes in from behind and **CENSORED**.

#48 Posted by ShenLong (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Orion solos. Darkseid solos. Apocalypse kills Doomsday. Thanos kills Doomsday. Ultron eventually kills Doomsday.

#49 Posted by Cgoodness (4641 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1