Thanos and Tyrant vs In Betweener and The Stranger

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Who wins this all out battle between these Cosmic Powerhouses ? Everyone is at Peak Levels. Thanos has no Toys at his disposal. Fight takes place in Space.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aw, come on.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Is Tyrant Full Power then?

Even so, I'd still go with team 2. I do feel that Thanos is a bit out of his league

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me do research i know about thanos but the other three i have no clue who they are

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By King_Saturn

@laflux said:

Is Tyrant Full Power then?

Even so, I'd still go with team 2. I do feel that Thanos is a bit out of his league

Really ? How Come ?

Avatar image for wolverinethesoldier
wolverinethesoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im gonna say team one wins

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By laflux

@king_saturn:

Full Powered Tyrant was only slightly below Galactus in Power. In Betweener is probably at least at a similar level probably a bit higher. Stranger is lower than In Betweener and Galan, but higher than Thanos.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@king_saturn:

Full Powered Tyrant was only slightly below Galactus in Power. In Betweener is probably at least as least at a similar level probably a bit higher. Stranger is probably lower than In Betweener and Galan, but higher than Thanos.

In Betweener got smacked around by Galactus.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By laflux

@king_saturn:

Heh, fight seemed pretty even to me. Also Death was visibly frightened by In-Betweener and Death>Galactus.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@king_saturn:

Heh, fight seemed pretty even to me. Also Death was visibly frightened by In-Betweener and Death>Galactus.

I don't remember it being that even...

rolldestroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tyrant at full power fought galactus and destroyed galaxies but even then i doubt he and thanos can even stand up to inbetweener, it's possible but along with stranger team 2 should take this

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@king_saturn:

Full Powered Tyrant was only slightly below Galactus in Power. In Betweener is probably at least as least at a similar level probably a bit higher. Stranger is probably lower than In Betweener and Galan, but higher than Thanos.

Are You sure? I remember that they were too equal for each other in normal universe, then I-B tried to bring them to his reality and Lord Chaos and Master Order took control of him there. I would say that I-B had better fight with Galan than Tyrant, which lead us to point that Thanos would have to beat Stranger and I doubt he can do it. I'm huge Thanos fan, but I don't see him doing it.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos have fought In-Betweener during the quest, but I don't remember if he possess any gem that works with In-Betweener during that time.

However, barring that, Tyrant at his peak should be able to handle both In-Betweener and Stranger with difficulty.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos have fought In-Betweener during the quest, but I don't remember if he possess any gem that works with In-Betweener during that time.

However, barring that, Tyrant at his peak should be able to handle both In-Betweener and Stranger with difficulty.

1.IIRC - there was context behind it. Shame on me, that I don't remember it completly...

2.In-Betweener did better aginst Galan than Tyrant.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By laflux

@angryhulks:

He didn't fight him, he helped free him (even admitting that In-Betweener had more power than him), and then surprised him with one his trademark Backhand Pimp Smacks. Which Stunned In-Betweener long enough for Thanos to take the Soul Gem, Teleport off, before Lord Chaos and Master Order came along. And in all fairness, it is a low end showing for In-Betweener (and I'm saying this as an avid Thanos Fan).

@killemall

What's your take on this battle?

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

1.IIRC - there was context behind it. Shame on me, that I don't remember it completly...

Tyrant actually break Galactus' armor, while In-Between was tossed around and Galactus draw his blood (he himself wasn't even injured), and it have been stated that the intensity of the battle between Galactus and Tyrant can be felt throughout the galaxy, while Galactus and In-Betweener obliterate only few planets.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

@angryhulks said:

Tyrant actually break Galactus' armor, while In-Between was tossed around and Galactus draw his blood (he himself wasn't even injured), and it have been stated that the intensity of the battle between Galactus and Tyrant can be felt throughout the galaxy, while Galactus and In-Betweener obliterate only few planets.

Tyrant lost his battle - I-B stalemated, ergo I-B is higher.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@angryhulks said:

Tyrant lost his battle - I-B stalemated, ergo I-B is higher.

The battle was interrupted by Lord Chaos and Master Order, but Galactus was still in good shape while it was opposite for In-Betweener, an indication that Galactus would emerge a victor.

Tyrant lost his battle, but Galactus in the end wasn't in good shape.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks:

Galactus would lose there and but point is that both knew that they can't win this battle.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

@laflux said:

@king_saturn:

Are You sure? I remember that they were too equal for each other in normal universe, then I-B tried to bring them to his reality and Lord Chaos and Master Order took control of him there. I would say that I-B had better fight with Galan than Tyrant, which lead us to point that Thanos would have to beat Stranger and I doubt he can do it. I'm huge Thanos fan, but I don't see him doing it.

I recall Galactus having the upper hand on In-Betweener befor the fight was interrupted. Nothing to suggest that they was at even power level from what I remember. But I don't have the comic on file, so scans for that won't be possible right now. As far as your second point, I do recall the Silver Surfer giving The Stranger some serious problems in a confrontation before... and that I have on file. So I know Thanos could at the least give The Stranger a heck of a fight.

Avatar image for grandsymbiote94
GrandSymbiote94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angryhulks said:

Thanos and I-B didn't really fight. Thanos made a deal with him for the... um... Soul gem (Or the space gem),? Anyway I-B laughed and betrayed Thanos right off the bat, then Thanos talks about how he tricked I-B, etc... Then Order and Chaos come in and trap I-B again for escaping his prison while Thanos takes the gem and leaves.

I saw the scans somewhere I'll try to find them.

AngryHulks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AngryHulks

I need the scans of the full battle between Galactus and Tyrant as well as Galactus and Betweener.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will bring scans of both fights later, please PM me, becasue I can forgot about it.

Avatar image for ultrasupertrooper
UltraSuperTrooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 maybe

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In-Betweener was imprisoned by Lord Chaos and Master Order in the Nexus of reality, where his powers are greatly diminished. That's the reason why Thanos was able to smack him and take the Soul gem.

Avatar image for norrinboltagonprime21
NorrinBoltagonPrime21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

This is a really close fight. Tyrant and In-betweener are just below galactus so they are near power levels and would be a close fight. stranger and thanos are near power levels as well, but im going to pick thanos for being the evil super genius he is. Team 1

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By New_World_Order

Team 2 stomps.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone else ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30  Edited By Killemall

@laflux: Team 2 should win most often than not. Thanos is a little out of his league, but then Stranger himself while meant to be very powerful, has limited feats to show his power, shame really, but he is always potrayed there or there abouts in terms of power with Galactus.

Tyrant however has the ability to absorb any cosmic energy, has absorbed Galactus's blast and would have beaten him had it not been for Morg's intervention. Both Strange and InBetweener have to go h2h against Tyrant, and i would normally favor Tyrant above either of the team 2.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux: Team 2 should win most often than not. Thanos is a little out of his league, but then Stranger himself while meant to be very powerful, has limited feats to show his power, shame really, but he is always potrayed there or there abouts in terms of power with Galactus.

Tyrant however has the ability to absorb any cosmic energy, has absorbed Galactus's blast and would have beaten him had it not been for Morg's intervention. Both Strange and InBetweener have to go h2h against Tyrant, and i would normally favor Tyrant above either of the team 2.

You forgot about I-B's power to find a counterpart for his enemy. IMO, it starts with Magus/Drax on his team to affect Thanos.

I-B should also be able to reflect that ability agaisnt Tyrant and possibly summon Galactus on his side.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You forgot about I-B's power to find a counterpart for his enemy. IMO, it starts with Magus/Drax on his team to affect Thanos.

He doesnt have to reduce to those he could simply fight and beat Thanos in a straight up fight, pretty much everytime anyways.

I-B should also be able to reflect that ability agaisnt Tyrant and possibly summon Galactus on his side.

Well Galactus had no opposite that is why he couldnt kill Galactus to begin with. So very unlikely Tyrant opposite would be Galactus, dont think we have seen a polar opposite of Tyrant yet either.

Without calling their respective anti-thesis, Tyrant has better feat that Inbetweener, Tyrant nearly beat Galactus had it not been for Morg's Intervention, that was also a Galactus who had just fed.

Galactus vs Tyrant you gotta admit Galactus had the upper hand all the way though, Inbetweener was also bleeding and only time we actually see cracks in Galactus armor its when he is being sucked into the realm of Order and Chaos.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

1.Yeah, but if he would be able to bring Magus, it could be helpfull.

2.Depends, currently High Evo is Galan's opposite since he is recreating planets destroyed by Galactus, but I am not sure if anyone remember about it.

3.Galactus vs Tyrant or vs I-B? But Tyrant lost his battle, while I-B didn't.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Killemall

@killemall:

1.Yeah, but if he would be able to bring Magus, it could be helpfull.

2.Depends, currently High Evo is Galan's opposite since he is recreating planets destroyed by Galactus, but I am not sure if anyone remember about it.

3.Galactus vs Tyrant or vs I-B? But Tyrant lost his battle, while I-B didn't.

1. What is Magus going to do to either one on the team apart from Thanos? :p

2. Pretty sure that doesnt make him his opposite, Galactus is not all about eating planet, he is the balance between Mortality (Death) and Eternity.

3. I am talking about Tyrant Vs Galactus, or more appropirately depowered Tyrant who nearly killed Galactus before Morg showed up merged with UN.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

1. ;-P He will manipulate Tyrant's soul, lol :-P

2.Hard to judge, since HE said something like that and he came into possesion of this power in last years.

3.I barely remember that fight, but didn't Tyrant take control over Galactus ship? And wasn't he using it to drain energy from him?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall:

1. ;-P He will manipulate Tyrant's soul, lol :-P

hehe fair enough.

2.Hard to judge, since HE said something like that and he came into possesion of this power in last years.

Oh yes i recall that, it was in one of Surfer mini series in 2011/2012, and Galactus did not attack High Evolutionary as everyone had thought, but cant recall exactly what happened there so meh! dont know.

3.I barely remember that fight, but didn't Tyrant take control over Galactus ship? And wasn't he using it to drain energy from him?

Yes, but few things:

1. Galactus knew Tyrant was just as powerful as Galactus, thats one reason why after hearing tyrant is coming for him the first thing he did was eat a planet.

2. When they fight, Galactus hits him with a cosmic energy blast, which Tyrant absorbs because his power is based on cosmic energy.

3. Then Galactus tried to trap him in the ship to strip all the cosmic energy from Tyrant, but Tyrant essentially takes control over the ship and reverses the energy flow, draining Galactus completely instead.

4. Then he was about to kill him before Morg shows up with UN and everyone is scared.

If you are wondering how that helps:

1. Galactus was squarely dominating the fight with In Betweener hand 2 hand, througout the fight, Tyrant is just there or there abouts in terms of power level.

2. Inbetweener normally attacks people with energy blast, and given his energy is cosmic Tyrant could just absorb and increase his power, Inbetweener doesnt have the same luxury.

3. Hand to hand, Tyrant can shape-ship his body to some extent, he also has pretty sharp claws capable of making Galactus bleed that would help him against Inbetweener i would think.

Stranger doesnt really have much feats anyways, but he should be there or there about in power level with the 3, Tyrant is more accomplished and has better feats.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By King_Saturn

so who do you folks think wins here ? how do they do it ?

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Team 2 by taking out Thanos first. I love Thanos as much as the next guy, but while you have given him arguably the most powerful player in his team, lack of feat means he has very little to show his superior to either Inbetweener or Stranger, and Thanos is outgunned. He cant take both of them at the same time, as long as they use their cosmic awareness and go h2h instead of hitting him with energy attacks.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn: Team 2 by taking out Thanos first. I love Thanos as much as the next guy, but while you have given him arguably the most powerful player in his team, lack of feat means he has very little to show his superior to either Inbetweener or Stranger, and Thanos is outgunned. He cant take both of them at the same time, as long as they use their cosmic awareness and go h2h instead of hitting him with energy attacks.

Why is Thanos not able to engage at least The Stranger ? I recall even the Silver Surfer was able to engage The Stranger before in the past.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is Thanos not able to engage at least The Stranger ? I recall even the Silver Surfer was able to engage The Stranger before in the past.

Thanos can fight him, not saying otherwise, but to beat him is something different. The point was Thanos vs Stranger or Thanos vs Inbetweener, should reasonable end a lot earlier than Tyrant vs either of team 2.

Silver Surfer has fought Stranger, so has Jakar, to some extent so has Thor, but neither has ever come anywhere close to beating him. I honestly cant recall any instance of Stranger actually losing a fight, apart from Infinity Gauntlet saga.

He has few good hyperboles in his side, a steady potrayal of power like being superior to both Ego and Alterego during Astonishing Thor mini series etc, but he has few hard and fast feats though.

leito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_saturn said:

Thanos can fight him, not saying otherwise, but to beat him is something different. The point was Thanos vs Stranger or Thanos vs Inbetweener, should reasonable end a lot earlier than Tyrant vs either of team 2.

Silver Surfer has fought Stranger, so has Jakar, to some extent so has Thor, but neither has ever come anywhere close to beating him. I honestly cant recall any instance of Stranger actually losing a fight, apart from Infinity Gauntlet saga.

He was also overpowered by Nebula when she absorbed the power of some cosmic device (the infinity union).

Anyway, Stranger and In Betweener for the win, Thanos gets almost one-shotted by any of his two opponents.

Vaeternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 maybe

FlakeKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Inbetweener and Stranger win. Thanos is a weak link here, he's not even a cosmic being.