wolverine73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wolverine73

Team 1 Thanos and Darkseid VS Team 2 GhostRider and Silver Surfer

Thanos doesnt have Power Gems,Infinity Gauntlet or HOTU - he has just what he would have regularly and so do all other characters - just regular versions.

No prep for both teams

No morals for both teams

No bfr/time travel for advantage - fight must take place at location

Win by Death only

Location - Central Park, New York - cannot leave Central Park location itself otherwise this is automatic defeat for your team.

Time - midday

Nobody else is present anywhere in Central Park

Nobody can be BFR by the opposing team via teleportation or such like effects - Central Park cannot be escaped so Thanos throwing GR out of Central Park wouldn't work (imagine there is an impenetrable invisible barrier encompassing around the park with a ceiling height of 300 yards

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OptimusPalm

So is this like a 'ring out' rule, like in battle arena toshindon? Or does a team only lose if they choose to leave the battlefield themselves?

If the 'ring out' rule applies, i think Surfer has the speed and power to punch the evil Duo out of Central Park.

But you also say 'win by death only'...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't think you can limit those guys to Central Park...

Shame. It was such a nice park. Shame it's going to get decimated by the end of this.

Schmalzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This limits Silver Surfer but I think that he couldn't take Thanos anyway, but Ghost Riders penance stare though, that should do a whole lot of damage to him and Darkseid. I think SS and Ghost Rider win via Penance stare and SS puts them over the top by blasting them out of the ring, no death.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Killemall

@dondave: As much as i like Thanos he doesnt really have a way to permanently put down Ghost Rider. Neither Thanos nor Darkseid is capable of killing the Ghost Rider, while Ghost Rider would eventually find a way. Thanos's inability to die , as seen in Thanos Imperative, might not be still applicable as we have seen no evidence of it afterwards.

Team 2 sooner or later,thanks to Ghost Rider as opposed to Surfer.

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm alot of Surfer/Ghost Rider votes. Can someone explain their defense to the Omega Effect? Zap, you dont exist. Which is just one of the effects. Not to mention Thanos has tagged surfer before while he was light speeding across the cosmos so I dont see a major advantage there. Penance stare is great, but I doubt they're going to "look into his eyes" without a fight. Also Darkseid has some of the best mind rape in the biz. I say DS and the Mad Titan take it.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ghostrider2

@picallo3798: Ghost Rider will always return no matter what, he would just travel back.Telepathy won't work, also SS has good defense against telepathy.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picallo3798: Ghost Rider will always return no matter what, he would just travel back.Telepathy won't work, also SS has good defense against telepathy.

But in this fight, if you leave central park, you lose.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ghostrider2
OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: you limit the GR then.

Not me. The OP. And in what way? If OP didn't do this, you're basically saying GR cant be beat.....so what's the point?

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: the point was if DS uses the beams on GR, he would just travel back.Im also pretty sure the beams won't work on SS either.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess Team wins then or rather Ghost Rider solos

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OptimusPalm

@optimuspalm: the point was if DS uses the beams on GR, he would just travel back.Im also pretty sure the beams won't work on SS either.

I meant what would be the point of including somebody who cant be beat in a battle?

Any evidence to add to your claims that OBs wouldn't work on either hero here? (I'm not saying you're wrong, because I don't know myself).

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Mad Titan and the New God take this.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ghostrider2

@optimuspalm: yes, Ghost Rider can travel through dimension, and Silver Surfer can absorb energy so i'm pretty sure the beams won't work.

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: yes, Ghost Rider can travel through dimension, and Silver Surfer can absorb energy so i'm pretty sure the beams won't work.

Well that suggests that they would work on GR, but he'd be able to return (perhaps). In which case, in this fight he is out.

Has SS been shown to absorb ALL types of energy? Or anything close to DS beams? Has anybody SS's level been able to withstand DS beams?

(i think one thing we can agree on is that I need to read more comics).

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm: well i'm not sure it happened but Superman and Doomsday are not on SS level but didn't they got hit by OF?

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OptimusPalm

@optimuspalm: well i'm not sure it happened but Superman and Doomsday are not on SS level but didn't they got hit by OF?

My Darkseid knowledge comes mainly from stuff i read on here. I get confused with the difference between Omega beams, Omega force, and Omega sanction. Is one the power he uses, one the power he performs, and the other the result of using that power?

Anyway, i take it Supes and Doomsday survived. I'd like to see scans of that if anybody has them.

So with GR out of the picture, you think SS can still handle Thanos AND Darkseid at the same time?

wolverine73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By wolverine73

Edited the OP just ever so slightly to bring clarification to the BFR ruling i've enabled for this battle - thanks guys

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By OptimusPalm

@ghostrider2: I think it would be equally unfair to include GR if you say he cant get beat. But anyway, nice chat.

@wolverine73 So Omega Sanction is not allowed?

Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neither of team 1 have the means to put the Rider down.

wolverine73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think that if a character has been disentegrated, burnt to nothingness or made to not exist then they have been killed for the purposes of this battle

Alot of characters can cheat death (deadpool,GR,Thanos) because they can always come back but for the purposes of this battle once they have been 'taken out of the match' ,for want of a better phrase, then they are dead.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We already know Thanos is too much for Silver Surfer. SS got an upgrade during Annihilation, but Thanos has has multiple upgrades since beating down SS in just a few blows. I would also say either Darksied or Thanos could physically handle Ghost Rider alone, but he will always come back.

In regards to GR's penance stare, I have no proof, but I don't believe that it would work on Thanos. Thanos is said to be a unique entity in the multiverse. Because of this and being barred from death, I don't think it would work. DS and Thanos are two very smart strategists. I would bet on them to find a way to keep GR down.

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No the Omega Effect doesnt kill you it erases you. There is no Ghost Rider to go back to. He doesnt exist. I know GR can always come back over and over, but if you die per the OP you lose in any case so even if he comes back the first time he dies or is killed he loses. Thanos has soloed SS before, I dont see why he couldnt now. I dont see DS having alot of trouble with GR per the Omega Effect and hes more than a match physically. Im not sure what defense GR has against telepathy/mind rape etc but it better be VERY good as DS uses it alot and its some of the best. On the subject of SS, DS ~ if not > than Thanos arguably. That being said if Thanos can take SS then DS should have no issue. New God and Mad Titan win.

Avatar image for captainamerica119
Captainamerica119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Ghost Rider uses his whip to kill both of them. The End

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostrider2 said:

My Darkseid knowledge comes mainly from stuff i read on here. I get confused with the difference between Omega beams, Omega force, and Omega sanction. Is one the power he uses, one the power he performs, and the other the result of using that power?

The Omega beams, Sanction etc all come from the Omega Effect. DS uses it as a beam that can be concussive force, or anything he wants. It hits all dimensions realities and has been shown to go through force fields, shields etc. He can use it to do just about anything he wants. Sure Doomsday and Superman have survived because if Superman dies then the comic is over. He's also killed doomsday with it, but then doomsday comes back immune to it. If it worked exactly how its written DS would be unstoppable as Doomsday or Superman would not die they would cease to be.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darklord_apoc

Darkseid I know could handle Ghost Rider because D.S was even able to hurt the Specter, who would destroy G.R easily!! Thanos has beat S.S already and even though S.S had some upgrades done to him, well so has Thanos!! And no one dies for long in comics only uncle Ben and Batman's parents lol so we can't go by that......

OptimusPalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@optimuspalm said:

@ghostrider2 said:

The Omega beams, Sanction etc all come from the Omega Effect. DS uses it as a beam that can be concussive force, or anything he wants. It hits all dimensions realities and has been shown to go through force fields, shields etc. He can use it to do just about anything he wants. Sure Doomsday and Superman have survived because if Superman dies then the comic is over. He's also killed doomsday with it, but then doomsday comes back immune to it. If it worked exactly how its written DS would be unstoppable as Doomsday or Superman would not die they would cease to be.

Thanks. That's cleared a few things up for me!

Hyper_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Hyper_God

@killemall: Why are Thanos' feats from Imperative not valid ? If you think that Avengers Assemble puts a question mark on that , then remember , Iron Man mentioned that Thanos had likely hurt himself from using the faux cosmic cube . Anyways , even barring that Thanos has nearly killed the Silver Surfer with 7 or 8 punches iirc , and I doubt that GR is above him in durability .

Team 1 takes a healthy 10/10 majority .

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And no one dies for long in comics only uncle Ben and Batman's parents lol so we can't go by that......

LOL Im sorry I know this isnt relevant, but thats funny!

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Picallo3798

@hyper_god said:

@killemall: Why is Thanos' feats from Imperative not valid ? If you think that Avengers Assemble puts a question mark on that , then remember , Iron Man mentioned that Thanos had likely hurt himself from using the faux cosmic cube . Anyways , even barring that Thanos has nearly killed the Silver Surfer with 7 or 8 punches iirc , and I doubt that GR is above him in durability .

This + OE = certain win.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

GR will always be there, and if he Penance stare Darkseid or Thanos, well... game over...

Picallo3798

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GR will always be there, and if he Penance stare Darkseid or Thanos, well... game over...

DS and Thanos are not gonna stand there while he does penance stare on them. Also whats his defense against being erased from existence? Resurrection, oh wait he doesnt exist anymore.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkseid I know could handle Ghost Rider because D.S was even able to hurt the Specter, who would destroy G.R easily!! Thanos has beat S.S already and even though S.S had some upgrades done to him, well so has Thanos!! And no one dies for long in comics only uncle Ben and Batman's parents lol so we can't go by that......

Ghost Rider is not Spectre, he can solo because neither of them can put him down.

Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Sideslash

Thanos can take out Norrin with a flying armbar.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@picallo3798: Only God can kill/ erase a Ghost Rider, its one of his basics... Omega Effect is doing nothing on GR but to prolong the inevitable... And he only needs to catch one with his chains to do the Penance Stare. GR solo's eventually...

ghost_rider1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@picallo3798:

u need to do some homework on ghost rider. his beams will only phase thru ghost rider....they will have no effect on him whatsoever. GR can solo this....not necessarily because he`s more powerful than them. But he solo cuz DS and thanos cant bring him down

capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By capall2

DS and the mad titan should win here...Thanis can deal with the surfer and DS can deal with GR via de-evolution or some other tricks, it may take a while but the villains should get it done together...

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Why are Thanos' feats from Imperative not valid ? If you think that Avengers Assemble puts a question mark on that , then remember , Iron Man mentioned that Thanos had likely hurt himself from using the faux cosmic cube . Anyways , even barring that Thanos has nearly killed the Silver Surfer with 7 or 8 punches iirc , and I doubt that GR is above him in durability .

I never said Thanos entire feat from Imperative is invalid, i am saying i dont think this immortality that he had in Thanos Imperative is still applicable. Thats because we have seen no mention of that in any of his appearences after Thanos Imperative, we also have an entire bio entry that has no mention of his being immortal, printed after Thanos Imperative.

That seem to be limited to Thanos Imperative.

Secondly, Ghost Rider is not as durable to physical force as Surfer, so will get hurt easier. Ghost Rider however doesnt get KOed or killed unless you use a holy, or unholy weapon. We have seen his head blown away and he has healed, we have seen his legs and stuffs cut off and he has healed. I am pretty sure i am read most of Ghost Rider appearences post 2000, i even made a thread about him have to check where it is, and there isnt 1 single appearence of Ghost Rider actually been KOed by physical power alone without magic been involved.

Then its not only about KOing him but actually outright killing him. Thanos , as avatar of Death, might have the ability given he was killing unkillable people from cancerverse, he doesnt have the firepower to kill Ghost Rider. The only death of a Ghost Rider that i can think of was quite recently during Circle of Fire and even then it was done via Black Heart's magic as opposed to physical force.

Team 1 is much more powerful than team 2, but neither of them have what it takes to actually kill Ghost Rider.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also Darkseid has some of the best mind rape in the biz.

Could you show me 1 instance from post crisis continuity where Darkseid has use telepathy offensively?

In fact i will take any instance , even from pre-crisis continuity, as long as you dont use the instance from Great Darkness Saga after he absorbed the power of Mordru.

Also this one please, could you show me where Darkseid killed Doomsday? I am pretty sure they have had only 1 confrontation and Doomsday just tanked it, and beat him up crazy. Darkseid himself even commented how Doomsday was truely "beyond death".

Also Superman has tanked Omega beam in at least 5 instances that i know of, i also know 2 instance where Superman has beaten Darkseid, 3 other instances where he has held his own perfectly against Darkseid.

Apart from Superman, Orion has tanked the OB, so has Mary Marvel , and Doomsday.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#44  Edited By HellionVulcan

Thanos can take out Norrin with a flying armbar.

hahahahahahaha while Darksied's applies an armbar the other ...... 0_o but I don't think Ghost rider can handle both guys from team 1 as silver surfer is generally nothing to thanos .

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: Wasent Blaze KO'd by WWH

Hard to answer. Johnny got KOed, but Zarathos immediately took over.

There are 2 additional instances like this, once against BlackHeart and once against Dr. Strange.

Where Human host was KOed, but Zarathos took over and won both the fight.

Thats why unless you have magic or anything, you cant KO Ghost Rider, because actual GR power is tied to Zarathos, he takes over once Human host is not in control.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

@killemall: I thought Thanos knew magic. Or some kind of dark arts.

the_red_viper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 the_red_viper  Moderator

My money's on team 2.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Killemall

@bronze_surfer: It has been said so, even referred to in a bio. Off the top of my head, In Marvel Handbook 2006.

No Caption Provided

But a fleeting mention is pretty much all we have seen from Thanos in regards to magic, he has never actively used magic in a fight, that i know of. While its not impossible there might have been an instance i have missed, i find it highly unlikely because because i have read virtually every comics where Thanos has appeared, at least twice.

Abocado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killemall: I thought Thanos knew magic. Or some kind of dark arts.

He did. IIRC, the reason he become an outcast further.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abocado said:

He did. IIRC, the reason he become an outcast further.

Thanos was never an outcast by the society, he himself felt distant because everyone on titan was peace loving while he was, well, Thanos.

Thanos Rising, seem to even change it further saying its all because of weird looking chick got him into the whole idea of killing.