• 68 results
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000

could darkseid and thanos take down the one known as monarch? 
no BFR 
no ripping the chest off to get a auto win for monarch 
fight can be won by kill or KO 

Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Samurai X

The team is going to get slaughtered

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Samurai X:
i don't know about that, thanks to ATphantom i have a new found respect for dakrseid and thanos is not gonna go down like nothing as well, plus both of them working together will be match for monarch
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
Intriguing battle. Does Monarch have an answer against mental assaults?
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Samurai X

I think Monarch could redirect Darkseids Omega beams at him

Thats basically the only hope for them if the OB fail then they die

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Samurai X:
i doubt monarch can do something like that, if so he would have done it to primes heat vision
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_:
not sure if he has ever shown it.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By AtPhantom

You know, I must point put that throughout the Countdown Darkseid has been portrayed as Monarch's equal or superior. With that said, nothing good came out of countdown so we shall not speak of it again.

Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Samurai X

Why wouldnt he be able to? Last I checked it was energy, and he didnt actually try very hard against Prime [he trtied to physically outmuscle him]

DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@AtPhantom:
i was about to say phantom, that would mean that prime is also mxys equal xD, so whats your take on it?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Samurai X: i doubt monarch can do something like that, if so he would have done it to primes heat vision "

I believe he could (concerning heat vision), his energy manipulation abiities are considerable, and heat vision is yet another form of energy that he could mold to his musing.
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Samurai X
@AtPhantom said:
" You know, I must point put that throughout the Countdown Darkseid has been portrayed as Monarch's equal or superior. With that said, nothing good came out of countdown so we shall not speak of it again. "
You mean the same one that was playing chess with the Monitor?
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By AtPhantom
@Samurai X said:
" Why wouldnt he be able to? Last I checked it was energy, and he didnt actually try very hard against Prime [he trtied to physically outmuscle him] "
Because he would have Darkseid's own control of the OB to contend with.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_:
true but like AT said countdown will not be spoken of ahaha, still omega beams are a enigma when it comes to controlling them i think only darkseid has that right
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Samurai X
@AtPhantom said:
" @Samurai X said:
" Why wouldnt he be able to? Last I checked it was energy, and he didnt actually try very hard against Prime [he trtied to physically outmuscle him] "
Because he would have Darkseid's own control of the OB to contend with. "
He think his energy manipulation would let him take control of his OB 
Just like Doctor Light was able to control Supermans HV
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_: not sure if he has ever shown it. "
I think he hasn't too, and it is a question that has puzzled me in the past, so it's as good a time to ask as any.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By AtPhantom
@Samurai X said:
" @AtPhantom said:
" You know, I must point put that throughout the Countdown Darkseid has been portrayed as Monarch's equal or superior. With that said, nothing good came out of countdown so we shall not speak of it again. "
You mean the same one that was playing chess with the Monitor? "
Yes. 

@Samurai X said:
" He think his energy manipulation would let him take control of his OB  Just like Doctor Light was able to control Supermans HV "
Yes, but the crucial difference is, once Superman fires his heat beams, he has no control of it anymore. When Darkseid fires his beams, they are still under his complete control.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:

" @Morpheus_: true but like AT said countdown will not be spoken of ahaha, still omega beams are a enigma when it comes to controlling them i think only darkseid has that right "

I don't think he could control the Omega Beams. He could, however, attempt and open a portal in order to avoid being hit.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_:
thast true, but it could leave him open to a full attack from thanos
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Samurai X
@AtPhantom said:
" @Samurai X said:
" @AtPhantom said:
You mean the same one that was playing chess with the Monitor? "
Yes. 

@Samurai X said:
" He think his energy manipulation would let him take control of his OB  Just like Doctor Light was able to control Supermans HV "
Yes, but the crucial difference is, once Superman fires his heat beams, he has no control of it anymore. When Darkseid fires his beams, they are still under his complete control. "
What if he just let the OB cross into the quantum zone then?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_: thast true, but it could leave him open to a full attack from thanos "
I don't believe Thanos possesses anything that could strain, or critically injure Monarch directly. 

That is why I brought about mental attacks.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By AtPhantom
@Samurai X said:
" What if he just let the OB cross into the quantum zone then? "
I have very little knowledge of CA's quantum stuff, but I will say that the Omega beams can traverse dimensions.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_:
this is what i ment by attack lol
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_: this is what i ment by attack lol "
Sorry then, my bad, DCM.
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@Morpheus_:
np at all, kinda my bad for not saying it, and if monarch does get infested by thanos then darkseid should pound him with some omega beam hits after that, or w/e ATphantom can pull out of the darkseid data base xD
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_: thast true, but it could leave him open to a full attack from thanos "
I don't believe Thanos possesses anything that could strain, or critically injure Monarch directly. 

That is why I brought about mental attacks. "
He could be a nice distraction though. : )
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @DC_Marvel_1000 said:

That is why I brought about mental attacks. "
He could be a nice distraction though. : ) "
Either one could prove to be a good distraction, giving an opening for the other to strike. That was my proposed tactic, all along.

@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @Morpheus_: np at all, kinda my bad for not saying it, and if monarch does get infested by thanos then darkseid should pound him with some omega beam hits after that, or w/e ATphantom can pull out of the darkseid data base xD "

LOL.
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Samurai X

I believe Captain Atom resisted psionics in the old Brave and the Bold series
I forgot the dudes name though

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@Samurai X said:
" I believe Captain Atom resisted psionics in the old Brave and the Bold series I forgot the dudes name though "
Hmm. I regard Thanos' mental powers to considerable. Even though he may not be able to fully probe Nathan's mind and even try and shut it down directly, he could prove to be a good distraction, as Phantom suggested, to divert Monarch's attention from a possible OB attack by Darkseid.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stevon

PC darkseid BFR's him. Modern darkseid won't be so lucky, if that's the case then Thanos will go down too after causing some trouble for Monarch..
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@stevon:
gotta look at the OP bro, bfr is out and it's current darksied whos not a pushover lol
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Samurai X
@stevon said:
" PC darkseid BFR's him. Modern darkseid won't be so lucky, if that's the case then Thanos will go down too after causing some trouble for Monarch.. "
He won't cause him any trouble without Darkseids help
As soon as Thanos starts to irritate Monarch, there is nothing stopping him from vaporizing Thanos
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AtPhantom
@stevon said:
" PC darkseid BFR's him. Modern darkseid won't be so lucky, if that's the case then Thanos will go down too after causing some trouble for Monarch.. "
Why would he BFR him if he could pummel him into the ground?
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Samurai X

With that being said, I'm backing up Atom here
Monarch knows what DS is capable of, if DS can connect then I can see them winning
If not then the team is gonna die

Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Samurai X
@stevon said:
If the OB connected, current Darkseid could BFR him also, but it wouldnt help much since Monarch can traverse the multiverse
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stevon
@AtPhantom:
He could, but I imagine DS would take the easier route and I ignored the OP. 
this is actually hard for me to decide, since it's a win by knockout I say Monarch would win. Since Thanos got knocked out by the Maker I don't see how he'll stay conscious  after he gets blasted by Monarch. Then it's between Monarch and DS. And since it's now current Darkseid I don't see how monarch is going to lose.

glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By glforthewin

hmmmm. interesting battle. i think monarch would win cause he can manipulate all those different types of energy. 

Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Samurai X
@glforthewin said:
" hmmmm. interesting battle. i think monarch would win cause he can manipulate all those different types of energy.  "
ATPhantom made a good point where Monarch might not be able to control the OB, but he has ways of getting around them, and with raw power can put these 2 out of commission
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@stevon said:
" @AtPhantom:
He could, but I imagine DS would take the easier route and I ignored the OP. 
this is actually hard for me to decide, since it's a win by knockout I say Monarch would win. Since Thanos got knocked out by the Maker I don't see how he'll stay conscious  after he gets blasted by Monarch. Then it's between Monarch and DS. And since it's now current Darkseid I don't see how monarch is going to lose.

"
Maker = Beyonder.

There is no shame in getting knocked out by the Maker.
glforthewin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By glforthewin
@Samurai X: yeah monarch can just teleport to the quantum dimension whenever darkseid uses the OB
DC_Marvel_1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DC_Marvel_1000
@glforthewin:
they could go there
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Samurai X
@DC_Marvel_1000 said:
" @glforthewin: they could go there "
That wouldnt be smart

@glforthewin said:
" @Samurai X: yeah monarch can just teleport to the quantum dimension whenever darkseid uses the OB "

He wouldnt have to, he can just let the OB pass through, and even though they can traverse dimensions, Monarch has enough power output to vaporize both of these 2 pretty easily
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By stevon
@Morpheus_:
I thought maker was the retconned beyonder after switching genders, going insane, and depowering herself by becoming mortal. I never read the 'Samatarian' story arc, but I think Thanos took her down too easily to actually be the real, original Beyonder.
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@stevon said:
" @Morpheus_: I thought maker was the retconned beyonder after switching genders, going insane, and depowering herself by becoming mortal. I never read the 'Samatarian' story arc, but I think Thanos took her down too easily to actually be the real, original Beyonder. "
Maker, aka Kosmos, aka the Beyonder was the eventual result of the union between the Beyonder and Molecule Man, in order to complete a new cosmic cube. Later on, Molecule Man was expelled from the union, powerless, and the Beyonder took on a human guise, becoming what was known as Kosmos. The vast energies could not be contained within a human body, and the overwhelming sensations she came to experience gradually drove her insane. That is the reason Thanos lobotomized her, and made it look easy - mental instability did not enable her to control her powers at the best of her ability. It is still not a low end feat for Thanos to get knocked out by such a being, especially seeing that he was caught unaware the first time they met - that is all I'm saying.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By stevon
@Morpheus_ said:
" @stevon said:
" @Morpheus_: I thought maker was the retconned beyonder after switching genders, going insane, and depowering herself by becoming mortal. I never read the 'Samatarian' story arc, but I think Thanos took her down too easily to actually be the real, original Beyonder. "
Maker, aka Kosmos, aka the Beyonder was the eventual result of the union between the Beyonder and Molecule Man, in order to complete a new cosmic cube. Later on, Molecule Man was expelled from the union, powerless, and the Beyonder took on a human guise, becoming what was known as Kosmos. The vast energies could not be contained within a human body, and the overwhelming sensations she came to experience gradually drove her insane. That is the reason Thanos lobotomized her, and made it look easy - mental instability did not enable her to control her powers at the best of her ability. It is still not a low end feat for Thanos to get knocked out by such a being, especially seeing that he was caught unaware the first time they met - that is all I'm saying. "

Is there a chance Thanos isn't as overrated as people say he is then? Various people dislike him, but he's lucky he wasn't incinerated by someone with power like the maker. From what you posted, does that mean she/he's still at power close to the beyonder's? I know she wasn't able to control her powers but wouldn't she still be powerful?
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@stevon said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @stevon said:
Maker, aka Kosmos, aka the Beyonder was the eventual result of the union between the Beyonder and Molecule Man, in order to complete a new cosmic cube. Later on, Molecule Man was expelled from the union, powerless, and the Beyonder took on a human guise, becoming what was known as Kosmos. The vast energies could not be contained within a human body, and the overwhelming sensations she came to experience gradually drove her insane. That is the reason Thanos lobotomized her, and made it look easy - mental instability did not enable her to control her powers at the best of her ability. It is still not a low end feat for Thanos to get knocked out by such a being, especially seeing that he was caught unaware the first time they met - that is all I'm saying. "
Is there a chance Thanos isn't as overrated as people say he is then? Various people dislike him, but he's lucky he wasn't incinerated by someone with power like the maker. From what you posted, does that mean she/he's still at power close to the beyonder's? I know she wasn't able to control her powers but wouldn't she still be powerful? "
People are overrating Thanos, for various reasons, but people underrate him, too.

No, Maker was not as powerful as the original Beyonder - she contained the full power of the cosmic cube she (or he) and Molecule Man were a part of, or at least, that is my understanding. Her powers decreased due to becoming human, as well.
stevon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By stevon
@Morpheus_ said:
" @stevon said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" @stevon said:
Is there a chance Thanos isn't as overrated as people say he is then? Various people dislike him, but he's lucky he wasn't incinerated by someone with power like the maker. From what you posted, does that mean she/he's still at power close to the beyonder's? I know she wasn't able to control her powers but wouldn't she still be powerful? "
People are overrating Thanos, for various reasons, but people underrate him, too.

No, Maker was not as powerful as the original Beyonder - she contained the full power of the cosmic cube she (or he) and Molecule Man were a part of, or at least, that is my understanding. Her powers decreased due to becoming human, as well.
"

thanks, that clears things up.
AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By AtPhantom
@Morpheus_ said:
" Maker = Beyonder.

"
But being knocked out by a city block wide blast? : P
Samurai X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Samurai X
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Maker = Beyonder.

"
But being knocked out by a city block wide blast? : P "
Can I get the comic and issue number please
morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@AtPhantom said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
" Maker = Beyonder.

"
But being knocked out by a city block wide blast? : P "
LOL. 

Don't make me overlook the symbolic meaning of Darkseid falling from some stairs, and the fact that he was depowered, right now...