On topic, I wanna say team. 2 Hour prep and PC darkseid

#4 Posted by Diamondlifer1 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos with prep = Thanos can solo

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu

#6 Edited by dondave (34674 posts) - - Show Bio

Team

#7 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu. 2 hours isn't enough for Thanos and in Dormys realm, they can't harm him. He wins and handily. I'd wager that outside his realm he'd take the majority.

#8 Posted by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Supermanwithatan01 (3486 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: nearly every prep feat Thanos has is strategic and involves long storylines. He's the most cunning character in comics but he's not equipped to defeat someone specifically like Dormammu. Plus hes not really the "build something that dominates celestials" type like Reed or Doom. PC Darkseid is the biggest threat here and idk what he could do here

#10 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it would depend on what type of prep the duo is capable of in just 2 hours...Would Dormmy be classified as just above skyfather level in his dimension? If so then probably Dormmy should win if not then rhis would be a fight of their rep as well as their lives...

#11 Posted by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: so? It's not like Dorrmy fought and defeated Eternity under regular circumstances...there was a whole plot behind it...without pis Eternity > Dormmy by leaps and bounds...

#13 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2:

classic dormammu was able to harm eternity (whom dr strange thought dead but later proved to be alive) greatly to the point he vanished. More recently (in 2005) is where dormammu defeated eternity with plot.

#14 Edited by GhostRider2 (3275 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2: i don't know if it was pis, anyway Dormammu>Odin random encounter so Dormammu>Thanos and DS

#15 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: Eternity is known as a jobber in comics...in the battle forum he doesn't need to job since there is no plot...

#16 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostrider2: Dormmy stated himself on panel to be equal to Odin...I would only give him a slight edge over Odin in his native dimension just like Odin would have homefield advantage in Asgard, with that said Dormmy seems to be less powerful outside of his dark dimension than Odin outside of Asgard...Odin and Dormmy should be ants compared to the abstracts without jobbing...abstracts operate and manipulate powers on a much higher scale than the likes of skyfathers/demons etc etc...

#17 Posted by Picallo3798 (201 posts) - - Show Bio

I love DS, he's one of my favorite villains, but this is Dormammu's realm. I dont see the team winning here.

#18 Edited by Moonman78 (1726 posts) - - Show Bio

They would probably have to get some kind of artifact to do this, idk if they can do that in 2 hours but I wouldn't put it past thanos, he's always prep for anything

#19 Posted by RebornAkuma (145 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I should've given the team more prep time. 5 hours each now

#20 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

Team wins after a hard and long battle.

Off Topic: Eternity>>>>>Dormammu, Dormammu only challenged Eternity he did not defeat him or stalemate him.

#21 Posted by Bronze_Surfer (2966 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Well he did beat him once. When the cosmic axis was tilted and he had his sisters powers.

#22 Posted by NeonGameWave (7704 posts) - - Show Bio

@neongamewave: Well he did beat him once. When the cosmic axis was tilted and he had his sisters powers.

He beat him under certain circumstances and not by his own power, he stole Eternity`s power before also in order to get the advantage over him.

#23 Posted by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu wins.

5 hours prep is a joke right?

#24 Posted by Carter_esque (6447 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know much about Dormammu so I'm goin' with Darkseid and Thanos.

#25 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanos and Darkseid should win, more on the raw strength of Darkseid than Thanos' intellect.

@capall2 said:

@ghostrider2: Dormmy stated himself on panel to be equal to Odin...I would only give him a slight edge over Odin in his native dimension just like Odin would have homefield advantage in Asgard, with that said Dormmy seems to be less powerful outside of his dark dimension than Odin outside of Asgard...Odin and Dormmy should be ants compared to the abstracts without jobbing...abstracts operate and manipulate powers on a much higher scale than the likes of skyfathers/demons etc etc...

Dormammu jobs whenever he is in the Earth dimension, but he has good feats in other dimensions.

@capall2: Dormammu fought Eternity

And he lost handily. The most notable feat he ever accomplished was blinding Eternity to his machinations through magic, but Eternity was written differently back then.

#26 Posted by New_World_Order (12610 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall

#27 Edited by NorrinBoltagonPrime21 (5528 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Dormammu, he's a lot more powerful in his Dimension.

#28 Posted by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicspiral: you still around? Haven't seen you post in a very long time...lol

#29 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@thundergodswrath: I think Thanos and Darkseid has a chance depending on what they can do with prep, but they would need hefty boost to take on Dormammu on his own dimension.

Great Darkness Saga version of Darkseid could actually solo.

@capall2:

classic dormammu was able to harm eternity (whom dr strange thought dead but later proved to be alive) greatly to the point he vanished. More recently (in 2005) is where dormammu defeated eternity with plot.

Actually the first part is false, there is no mention of Eternity being harmed or destroyed. As as bio as well as on panel evidence would testify Eternity apparently banished Dormammu, then got captured by Nigthmare from whom Eternity could have escaped anytime but choose not to.

Let me know if you want all the relavent scans and stuffs up.

#30 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

@capall2:

Actually the first part is false, there is no mention of Eternity being harmed or destroyed. As as bio as well as on panel evidence would testify Eternity apparently banished Dormammu, then got captured by Nigthmare from whom Eternity could have escaped anytime but choose not to.

Let me know if you want all the relavent scans and stuffs up.

appreciate it :) but i have the issue:

strange himself said during the fight that the substance of eternity is being disintegrated though

yeah then he is revealed to be alive in dr strange issue 180 (the instance you're referring to),scans right to left.

#31 Edited by ULTRAstarkiller (5954 posts) - - Show Bio

@nozark said:

Lmfao, Superman got bitch slapped

lol

#32 Posted by utkanflash (407 posts) - - Show Bio

I think 5 hour prep with Pre-Crisis DarkSeid and Regular Thanos take Dormamu.. This is not an easy fight but...Eventually Darkseid and Thanos 's power house level take this match

#33 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5471 posts) - - Show Bio

@capall2: Yeah it's been a damn long time lol.

#34 Edited by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

appreciate it :) but i have the issue:

strange himself said during the fight that the substance of eternity is being disintegrated though

yeah then he is revealed to be alive in dr strange issue 180 (the instance you're referring to),scans right to left.

Dormammu apparently didnt even harm Eternity in the fight, lets see if i can substantiate it properly.

The scans you posted are from Strange Tales 147 and the second set of scan is from Dr. Strange 180.

What you are however missing is the Eternity's appearances in between, which bridges what happened in the issue.

So lets look at the issue, immediately after the Dormammu fights Eternity, which is Strange Tales 148.

So Dr. Strange, here asks a pretty cool question:

"Did he [Eternity] choose to disapper, for some reason of his own"

".. Or did hetoo suffer from the forces unleased by Dormammu?"

The later issue prettly clearly paints a different picture that the first one was true. Eternity was not hurt but rather captured by nightmare, a capture Eternity allowed, because both Dormammu and Nightmare are insignificant to him and he is apparently "amoral".

There are a lot of appearences in between, one of which is Dr. Strange 180, which you posted, where we see in between the fight Nightmare snatch Eternity.

Dr. Strange 182, Dr. Strange actually fights Nightmare in order to free Eternity, scans below

Most importantly this panel where Eternity says he allowed Nightmare to capture him after his battle with Dormammu

Then Dr. Strange understanding that Abstracts tend to be weird and they are "beyond conquest- beyond human emotion"

Then we have the Dormammu vs Eternity being mentioned in various bio, here is one from Marvel Handbook 2006

Bio seem pretty clear on what happened, no where is it even shown or stated that Eternity was even harmed.

Furthermore, as you already pointed out there is another instance where Dormammu merges his power with Umar, there is a shift in cosmic axis greatly empowering both of them, Dormammu even gets the power of Eye of Agamatto, and beats Eternity. What people tend to miss is that the first page where Dormammu meets Eternity, he sort of recalls his previous meating with Dormammu and still finds it dismissiable, because Dormammu is basically nothing to Eternity.

Had Dormammu done or was capable of doing anything significant damage to Eternity, wouldnt you expect Eternity to treat his previous meeting this casually.

In fact, even in classic days its made pretty clearly Dormammu was never even a remote match to Eternity.

Strange Tales 151, Dormammu is still missing at this time, banished to the realm where Clea was, using his own powers, Umar takes over Dark Dimension. She then looks into the past to see what happened and she sees Dormammu challenge Eternity

To quote Umar "... The dreaded one appears! he dares to challange Eternity! By the seven rings of Raggadorr, had my brother taken leave of his senses"

Umar being Dormammu won sister, a being who also rivals Dormammu's own power, should know Dormammu power better than most. Not to mention the intention of Marvel is pretty clear, Eternity outmatches Dormammu so greatly, its actually considered "taking leave of your senses" to even challenge Eternity.

So i am honestly not sold that Dormammu ever remotely harmed eternity, everything seem to point otherwise.

Nor do i see any reason to believe Dormammu is any more powerful than Odin, classic, current or alternate reality versions.

#35 Edited by rolldestroyer (3508 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall:

point taken, nice proof, though you have a slight mistake concerning the issue numbers, the eternity vs dormammu fight happened in strange tales #146 not 147, and the first scan you posted is from strange tales #147 not 148. Otherwise, thanks for the clarification, seeing how dormammu should be nowhere near eternity.

#36 Edited by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@rolldestroyer: No problem, and thanks, just re-checked and yes you are correct, i got the issue number wrong :)

#37 Posted by Hunter_Zolomon (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: The conversation between Dormammu and Umar with Eternity was so funny. *sigh* and Umar.

#38 Edited by capall2 (1428 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Killemall (18323 posts) - - Show Bio

@hunter_zolomon: The whole story is filled with funny comments

@capall2: Thanks. Its fun to go an a little scan spammage spree :p