TGW & Clark's Tag Team Tournament Sign Up !

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

@thundergodswrath: give me Faith from the JLA as my final choice. dropping Kang

I get Magneto, cybernetic Guardian (Alpha Flight) and Faith (JLA)

Avatar image for thedarklordpandamonium
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oh we're only using Timazo for time-stopping.

Can we use him then?

If we can't, swap him out for Ultimate Thanos. If we can, swap 616 Reed out for Ultimate Thanos.

Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg said:

@thundergodswrath: give me Faith from the JLA as my final choice. dropping Kang

I get Magneto, cybernetic Guardian (Alpha Flight) and Faith (JLA)

Okay.

Oh we're only using Timazo for time-stopping.

Can we use him then?

If we can't, swap him out for Ultimate Thanos. If we can, swap 616 Reed out for Ultimate Thanos.

No, so i'll swap Reed for Ultimate Thanos.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

18hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By 18hunt
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath:

So our team is:

-Ultimate Thanos

-Timazo restricted to only time-stopping

-Magus of the technarchy

-Darwin-Infused Vulcan

-Cable of Deadpool and Cable, power of X-Man

-Crusader Skrull

(you didn't swap reed for ultimate thanos, you swapped timazo for ultimate thanos, so...which one is it? X))

Avatar image for deactivated-59d945143d79a
deactivated-59d945143d79a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Dredeuced

@thundergodswrath: Is having Molecule Manipulation on that scale allowed? If so then I will change someone on our team to Molecule Man. The thing is, Molecule Man is massively more powerful than Galactus so...

also, he was perfectly fine stability wise against Hulk. He was actually relieved that he could go "all out" for once and still lost, so no, it's more just inconsistency or pis/wis/cis.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thundergodswrath: Right, so we'll be taking Amazo of DC 1 million, the one who managed to copy Hourman III's powers but before he actually did (the version that copied the worlogog and the conceptual powers of the jl)

Avatar image for betatesthighlander1
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dextersinister

@thedarklordpandamonium said:

@thundergodswrath: Right, so we'll be taking Amazo of DC 1 million, the one who managed to copy Hourman III's powers but before he actually did (the version that copied the worlogog and the conceptual powers of the jl)

You can just take a standard Amazo, there has been more than one. The last one that used red tornados body which would have been the last pre 52.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: Copying the Worlogog's power gives him completely power over time and space. That's how it works. It'd be the same as Timazo.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: no, the one that was ABLE to. Not the one that did, the one that had the conceptual powers of the entire justice league and then was able to copy worlogog, but didn't. So before he copied worlogog but after justice league.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Dredeuced

@thedarklordpandamonium: That's getting kind of specific. Does he just get teleported away from the comic as soon as he absorbs the JL power but then disappears?

If we can pick very precise versions of Amazo then I'll probably take the one that can steal people's souls, lol.

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: What's the standard, 15 foot radius? That's what I'm using.

@dredeuced: Well there are certainly different versions that can DO different things. The one that I'm talking about is the most powerful, and literally beat the entire Justice League until PIS reared its ugly head.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Dredeuced

@thedarklordpandamonium: Amazo's beaten the entire Justice League like four times. Heck I could get the Elseworld's story version that merged with Ollie and could access literally every power he ever encountered and also had New Gods tech built into him that let him absorb the infinite energy of limbo.

but that'd be dumb so I just picked Amazo because he's already pretty broken.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: By justice league I mean 'every important superhero ever'. Like two dozen of them. B/c he can absorb abilities on a conceptual level.

So @thundergodswrath we're replacing Timazo with...*drumroll* pre-absorption Amazo who absorbs powers on a conceptual level.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By Dredeuced

@thedarklordpandamonium: I'm pretty sure that's just normal Amazo, isn't it? The one that beat 14 JL members, then beat 35 JL members, then go trumped by the Atom pulling some sciency plot device?

No Caption Provided

That's just normal Amazo and is effectively who I'm using. Unless it's different from the one who shows up in JLA (who I plan on using a feat from), in which case go ahead.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: No, normal Amazo can't do that stuff. If he could the JLA would just spam Atom's plot device every time Amazo showed up.

have fun with inferior-not-amazo

<3

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Dredeuced

@thedarklordpandamonium: I think you're confused. Maybe you can correct me because I'm not sure how that version was different.

I also don't know how I can have "Not-Amazo" when I picked Amazo. That doesn't make sense. You're not even giving a specific version, just saying "Amazo that did that thing that one time" and saying it's different. Be more precise -- what was different about this one? What separates him from my Amazo pick?

Like, how is TGW going to put it on your roster? Does he just list "Amazo, but better than Esquire and Dredeuced's Amazo" for one of your members?

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Basically, it had the ability to absorb the JL's powers perfectly. There's really no difference between our two versions, just that mine is capable of copying abilities on a higher scale. Doesn't really make him more powerful, just differentiates ours.

Sooo TGW will probably just list 'Amazo 2' on mine. Or else you take the cartoon and I'll take the comics.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Dredeuced

@thedarklordpandamonium: That's not true, though. It's the same Amazo. There's no "separate" version that you're talking about that absorbs powers better, unless you think I'm using Silver/Bronze Age Amazo who only got their powers at 50%, which I'm not. "Amazo 2" isn't a version. Give us an arc that has a different Amazo from the usual one and we can go about our merry way. Like H/P Doomsday or Human Race Wally -- it could be the same Amazo who got a power amp or something, but you're not clarifying. You're just saying "I want Amazo, but I want mine to be better at doing stuff than Dredeuced's"

I'm not taking the Cartoon. I called amazo for a specific reason and I had him first, you're not backing me off my pick. I'm just wondering what version of Amazo you think you're using because you seem to think it's a different Amazo when, the one in my scan, is the same Amazo.

edit: Let me put it this way. TGW/Cadence's team already has Thor. You would not be allowed to then turn around and say "I pick Warrior Madness Thor!" It's the same person even if that version of Thor was a little more nasty than normal Thor.

Thedarklordpandamonium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Literally in the last panel of the comic they mention an upgrade. This is an upgraded version of Amazo with heightened control over powers. I mean, I suppose I get what you mean, but I'd say it's more like having New 52 Amazo instead of Pre-52 Amazo.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: That's hardly a fair comparison. You're talking entirely new continuities, which is not the difference. You're saying you should get Amazo, only better, despite being the same Amazo I'm using who has the same upgrade you're talking about.

Do you think if someone chose Iceman they'd have to choose between back when he wasn't made of ice and when he was? Of course not, they'd get all of Iceman's more recent feats. Nothing you're saying is making sense, there's no "Amazo 2" for you to pick from.

The rule is there so that, when two teams face each other, no one is using the same characters. You're trying to tell me that, if we matched up, we'd have the same Amazo only yours would be better because...it is, despite being the same Amazo I've picked. I just don't understand.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedarklordpandamonium: @dredeuced:

I am not aware of any upgrade on Amazo past a certain part, even the older model that would become Timazo seemed to function the same as the other that ended the pre-52 line. The only Amazo I can think of that would have an obvious advantage would be the Kid.

Iceman isn't a good example as he is one character with a set personality that has lived from his conception to this point. Amazo is as disposable as a Doombot, he is replaced because it would too much trouble for the writer if he where to remain as a consistent character as they would need to keep track of his abilities. The Amazos come with the powers of the 7 original leaguers simply so writers needn't worry about wasting time having an Amazo sneak around to gain powers.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Dredeuced

@dextersinister: If they all operate exactly the same, but are different each time they're made, then that'd be a pretty cheesey way to skirt the "no two of the same character" since his character would be the exact same as one I picked.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: That's ok within the rules, it says you can take a different version. Normally that isn't a good option because if you where to say take one of Spidermans or Supermans clones or alternate universe versions you may end up with a less experienced version.

In this instance you have picked Amazo a character with no real character little different than picking an Omac robot.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By Dredeuced

@dextersinister: Yeah I know, but it does it on a lame technicality. By your reasoning all 8 teams could have Amazo on them. That'd be stupid. The spirit of the rule is so that we aren't arguing each other with the same characters, like how in street level tournaments no one wants to have every team with deathstroke on it.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: Potentially although some would have to settle for the crappy versions.

The problem with the rules is that they favour people on a first come first serve basis as well, someone doesn't get a character they want simply because they where online after the tournament register had started and is probably the biggest reason why it's difficult to get the 16 teams.

In Amazos case I've never used him in a tournament, this is the only the third one I've been in but lets just say it's almost certainly the reason Johns beat my overpowered character threads almost always have the no power mimicking clause.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dextersinister: He also bans Flashes, power negation, and anyone above darkseid level vs his omnipotents. Master/KingJohn isn't the best example of a guy to go to when making threads, lol.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: What's the difference between boy prime and man prime? Isn't that the same person?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Dredeuced

@dextersinister: They are the same person. I didn't even know Superboy Prime was picked. Apparently Joeagent went and changed his original choice while me and Esquire were discussing our team in PM. I could actually prove that me and Esquire had Prime picked in our PM beforehand, but I suppose Joeagent definitely beat me to the punch.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Dextersinister

@dredeuced: You don't need to prove anything, you didn't do anything wrong but like I said problem with the first come first serve. I wanted Legion.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Dredeuced

@dextersinister: There's nothing wrong with first come first serve, it was my mistake for not realizing Joeagent made the post. After TGW confirmed my team I didn't have a reason to go back and check until you said something, lol.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@dredeuced: Potentially although some would have to settle for the crappy versions.

The problem with the rules is that they favour people on a first come first serve basis as well, someone doesn't get a character they want simply because they where online after the tournament register had started and is probably the biggest reason why it's difficult to get the 16 teams.

In Amazos case I've never used him in a tournament, this is the only the third one I've been in but lets just say it's almost certainly the reason Johns beat my overpowered character threads almost always have the no power mimicking clause.

If people look at it that way then they look at it wrong. coming on later IMO always gives you an advantage because you can pick characters that play to the weaknesses of other characters or can turn their strengths or source of power to your advantage

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By Dredeuced

@beatboks1: This point is irrelevant considering nearly every single team that has picked early on has changed members of their original team as they thought up new guys or saw other people pick stuff they needed to counter.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By beatboks1

@beatboks1: This point is irrelevant considering nearly every single team that has picked early on has changed members of their original team as they thought up new guys or saw other people pick stuff they needed to counter.

It's really not. One of my characters was chosen to manipulate the very power base of five characters that were chosen and are still in play ( in fact there are now a few more as well). Another was specifically chosen to counter 6 others of which 4 are still in play. My final choice has means of countering even more.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By Dredeuced

@beatboks1: And if they were to realize that and were worried about powergaming it, they could swap their picks right now. There's no downside to picking first when you can change your team on a whim. The worst outcome is you get dibs on the first, most powerful guys/guys you want to argue the most.

beatboks1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By beatboks1

@beatboks1: And if they were to realize that and were worried about powergaming it, they could swap their picks right now. There's no downside to picking first when you can change your team on a whim. The worst outcome is you get dibs on the first, most powerful guys/guys you want to argue the most.

Where exactly did I say there was a "downside"??? I said there was an advantage in picking after in many cases as great an advantage as their is in getting in first.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Dredeuced

@beatboks1: Saying that coming in later always gives you an advantage inherently implies that picking earlier means you don't get an advantage, and thus a downside. My point is the ability to change your team as you want to makes it moot.

Honestly this is a pointless derail and is boiled down to silly semantics. I'm not gonna make you change your mind no matter how wrong I find the idea so let's just agree to disagree.

HigorM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By HigorM  Moderator
Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so what's going on?

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Dredeuced

@betatesthighlander1: We're debating the validity of picks. Stuff like there being two amazos and two superboy/man primes in the tournament, or one team only having 5 members, apparently. You can wait a day or two for the tournament proper to start.

Betatesthighlander1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers