Scenario 2: Manga Tetsuo vs Magneto

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Onemoreposter

Been so long since I read Akira. Will have to get back to that someday. I'd say Akira> Magnus> Tetsuo. With a name like "Iron Man" you're setting yourself up for failure against the master of magnetism.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Magneto

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just recently watched the anime for Akira but I was kinda intoxicated at the time so I don't remember how much different Tetsuo is in their as opposed to the manga but I'm told he doesn't have the same feats and is weaker so I'm going to assume Magneto wins that one. Manga Tetsuo could explode Magneto's brain with a thought.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Magneto loses.

Classic Magneto stomps.

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

R1 goes to Magneto

R2 goes to Tetsuo

Also, why is it always NYC?

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Current Magneto loses.

Classic Magneto stomps.

How does he stomp Manga Tetsuo?

CheeseSticks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto reverse the blood flow of Tetsuo like he did to Zaladane in savage land and Testuo dies.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By those_eyes

Magneto has too much control over his powers for Testuo to handle.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up:

Because Classic Magneto could do a number of things to Tetsuo that would kill him instantly. The difference in power level between Classic and Current Magneto is massive.

never give up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up:

Because Classic Magneto could do a number of things to Tetsuo that would kill him instantly. The difference in power level between Classic and Current Magneto is massive.

I think Tetsuo is faster on the draw than Magneto lol.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf: Except you don't know sh*t about Tetsuo otherwise you would've known he has rediculous pretty much unkillable regenerative factor.

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By glubgluby

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

@never_give_up:

I think Tetsuo is faster on the draw than Magneto lol.

He is, manga tetsuo jumped from earth to the moon in seconds, and then blew a hole in it.

Manga tetsuo would speedblitz magneto.

anime tetsuo would probably lose. hes not nearly as fast.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Manga Tetsuo should be able to beat Magneto.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Tetsuo (manga) would merge with a concrete or stone, and can do this;

No Caption Provided

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@never_give_up:

Magneto's powers include having reflexes 15 times greater than a person.

No Caption Provided

@themagicstik:

That's nice. Explain to me how his healing factor is going to work if he's atomized.

No Caption Provided

@glubgluby:

Movement speed =/= Reactionary speed. Magneto can react 15x faster than a person. Both people's powers work by thought. So I'm going to vote for the guy whose brain works faster than the other guys.

For example, Magneto has caught both a blitzing Northstar and Quicksilver before.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

@kingofash:

A half-dead Magneto managed to manipulate a giant bullet from Breakworld while it was light years away from Earth. Then open a wormhole and free Kitty Pryde from it. Keep in mind this is Magneto with his powers severely weakened.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Classic Magneto was capable of disrupting the Earth's magnetic field on a global scale and reverse gravity.

Also Magneto's powers are not limited to metal. He has control over the entire electromagnetic spectrum.

Magneto can also open wormholes and just BFR Tetsuo to space.

No Caption Provided

Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Tetsou has Light speed reflexes, he could make Mags skull or organs explode before he could react.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Silverrings

They both have the power to turn the other into a puddle, but Magneto can't heal... I think Mags would beat anime Tetsuo, but manga Tetsuo is leagues above his cinematic counterpart, so that's a much closer fight, and, if anything, goes to Tetsuo, i think. It does depend a lot on what version of Mags is being used here.

@simon_the_digger said:

Tetsou has Light speed reflexes, he could make Mags skull or organs explode before he could react.

When did he display light speed reflexes?

@those_eyes said:

But Tetsuo's own powers at least rival those of Magneto. They go beyond just telekinesis into all sorts of matter manipulation and superhuman physical capabilities. Tetsuo is definitely the more physically powerful of the two, but Mags wont let this be a physical fight.

Personally, i think this is a mighty close match.

Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Near to end of the Manga he was fast enough to block a laser with his hand, he evaded some lasers in the beginning of the Manga also.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simon_the_digger: I honestly dont know much about manga tetsuo but he does sound like a beast. I just think magneto could outsmart him to an extent and come out with a win.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@simon_the_digger said:

@silverrings: Near to end of the Manga he was fast enough to block a laser with his hand, he evaded some lasers in the beginning of the Manga also.

Fair enough, if the lasers were moving at light speed. Comics and manga aren't known for their scientific accuracy, after all. I'm pretty sure Tetsuo is faster than Magneto anyway, but being able to move at light speed would make things much easier for Tetsuo.

@simon_the_digger: I honestly dont know much about manga tetsuo but he does sound like a beast. I just think magneto could outsmart him to an extent and come out with a win.

I'm inclined to think the same thing, but it seems manga Tetsuo is a beat of a beast...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

They both have the power to turn the other into a puddle, but Magneto can't heal... I think Mags would beat anime Tetsuo, but manga Tetsuo is leagues above his cinematic counterpart, so that's a much closer fight, and, if anything, goes to Tetsuo, i think. It does depend a lot on what version of Mags is being used here.

@simon_the_digger said:

@those_eyes said:

But Tetsuo's own powers at least rival those of Magneto. They go beyond just telekinesis into all sorts of matter manipulation and superhuman physical capabilities. Tetsuo is definitely the more physically powerful of the two, but Mags wont let this be a physical fight.

Personally, i think this is a mighty close match.

I seriously doubt that. Magneto can amplify himself using magnetic energy to boost his physical strength to class 100 and above, and can also enhance his speed and durability. Now, I'm not saying he wins this, but I disagree that Tetsuo is more physically powerful.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

I seriously doubt that. Magneto can amplify himself using magnetic energy to boost his physical strength to class 100 and above, and can also enhance his speed and durability. Now, I'm not saying he wins this, but I disagree that Tetsuo is more physically powerful.

Magneto would have to amp himself up, while Tetsuo is already physically superhuman, so he is more physically powerful than Magneto, on average. Also, it's not something Magneto does often, whereas Tetsuo always tries to smash people, merge with objects to enhance or heal himself and is generally a more physical combatant. Of course, Magneto could control any metal Tetsuo might use, but Tetsuo would learn that lesson quickly enough, and there's always earth, stone, plastic, glass, etc, to use. Tetsuo is obviously stronger and is apparently a light-speeder, putting him way above Magneto in the latter department, but, most importantly, Tetsuo can heal while Magneto cannot.

However, having said all that, could Magneto shut down Tetsuo's brain? Not even to kill him, just put him in a coma. I mean, Tetsuo can't do anything if he's KOed, right..?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@silverrings: What physical superhuman feats has Tetsuo shown besides speed, durability and reflexes? I don't remember him having any physical strength feats.

I agree with everything else you said, though.

TheMagicStik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^

glubgluby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By glubgluby

@omgomgwtfwtf: 1st of all, quicksilver is slower then manga tetsuo. 2nd of all, tetsuo caught lazers with his hands. thats pretty fast reaction time. While yes travel speed =/= reaction speed I was referring to how I thought the battle will go. before magneto react tetsuo will already be at him (due to his much faster then quicksilver traversd) and then there will be a crater where magneto once stood.

KingOfAsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@omgomgwtfwtf: Tetsuo can breath in space and just teleport back. He has thee power to create miniture Big Bangs & blackholes, the last of which would have destroyed the planet at least.

@simon_the_digger said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maybe not lightspeed, but he goes tot he Moon and back in an instant, and it shows the indents/colateral damage of him leaving and coming.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@silverrings: What physical superhuman feats has Tetsuo shown besides speed, durability and reflexes? I don't remember him having any physical strength feats.

I agree with everything else you said, though.

Good point. When i said Tetsuo was stronger i was thinking mostly about his durability, but i'm pretty sure he's stronger. He crushes stone with his makeshift hand, breaks stone floors when landing after jumping or flying places and he walks through a stadium when he's all huge and mutated, and that's just from the anime. Basically, if they punched each other Tetsuo would do more damage to Magneto, unless the latter enhanced himself a shit load.

@kingofash said:

@omgomgwtfwtf: Tetsuo can breath in space and just teleport back. He has thee power to create miniture Big Bangs & blackholes, the last of which would have destroyed the planet at least.

Maybe not lightspeed, but he goes tot he Moon and back in an instant, and it shows the indents/colateral damage of him leaving and coming.

Tetsuo clearly has the speed advantage, here. He is, overall, physically superior to Magneto, but they can definitely rival each other in terms of external powers. What exactly has Tetsuo done with big bangs and black holes? How well can he control that power? I'm more familiar with the film than the anime, myself.

@silverrings said:

They both have the power to turn the other into a puddle, but Magneto can't heal

^

*Nods*

Honestly, this may be what decides this fight for me.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OmgOmgWtfWtf

@glubgluby:

I could easily show you a scan of classic Magneto reacting to lasers as well. Dodging/catching laser beams are not a clear demonstration of much, given that many people in both manga/comics have done so.

Also, Northstar can travel at near light speeds when he runs.

@kingofash:

I only remember Tetsuo making a big bang and even then he didn't have complete control over it. He only did it because his powers were growing exponentially and he couldn't control them anymore. I don't remember him ever creating a black hole, but it has been a while since I read the manga.

@silverrings:

I don't think Tetsuo is going to get past Magneto's shields with his fists. Magneto can also amp his stats up to the point where he could release himself from Hercules bear hugging him.

However, I will concede, if that Tetsuo does go all out in the beginning he could beat Erik. But the longer the match progresses, the better chance Magneto has of winning.

His control allows him to do very impressive things with them, such as turning off people's powers, and controlling the synapses in someone's brain, effectively dictating their actions.

No Caption Provided

Superbot400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetsuo (manga) would merge with a concrete or stone, and can do this;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tetsuo is not beyond Magneto's leagues. He taken on people who are likely as powerful as Tetsuo was.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@omgomgwtfwtf I agree, Tetsuo wouldn't get through Magneto's shields with his fists, but he's got pretty hardcore telekinesis for that, and his own shields have tanked their fare share of force, too. If Tetsuo did manage to get his hands on Magneto then he'd probably crush him to death with all that moon-shattering strength of his. Magneto shutting down his brain is a ever present option, though. I can see this going either way, the more people post about each character the more even this seems to me.

Anal_Vomit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetsuo has no control over his powers, Magneto will beat him because of that.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anal_vomit: this!!!!!!!!

If the fight lasts long enough to where magneto has to give some effort he gets serious and turns tetsuo's lack of control against him and straight up shuts his mind down . Cause any hesitation from tetsuo (as powerful as he is) will be his down fall. Tetsuo will do something with a huge power output that he didn't quite intend for and he will hesitate on it while focusing to regain control and that is where magneto straight up mercs him or if he can't put him down for good magneto will shut his noggin down and lock him away and make him a pupil and teach him how to control himself.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tetsuo only significantly lacked control of his powers in the anime.