• 111 results
#1 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, here's how it works. Like it or not, we all have a bit of bias towards our favorites... now it's time to test that bias.

Make a case for your favorite character, against the strongest character you can. For example, my favorite character is Solid Snake. If I can make a scenario in which Snake beats Deathstroke, ehh that's not much. However, if I can make a case for Snake beating Thanos, then I've done well in this thread. Same goes for if you're favorite character is more powerful. Say you like Thor. Proving Thor can beat Superman will get you know cred. Prove Thor can beat Galactus and you're on the right track.

RULES

1.) Everyone will be in character

2.) Fights can take place wherever you want them to, and at whatever distance you want, so long as it isn't a place where your character gets a power up (like, Mephisto can't be in his realm, as he's stronger there)

3.) If your character gets prep, so does the character you're trying to say he beats.

4.) This thread isn't to say Spider-Man can actually beat Darkseid or Captain America can go against Iron Man. It's just to prove your creativity and debating skills by making a case for your most knowledgable character against impossible odds.

RATING-

Scoring will show just how well you did. Anyone is welcome to score anyone's scenarios, that way we can all have a nice conversation and exchange compliments :)

F - Wow, your scenario is ridden with clear fanboyism, overestimation, and bias. It makes no sense and sucks. GTFO. Can only be awarded to those who failed to prove their character can beat someone in their own class (ex: street level, city level, etc)

E - Still makes no sense, and it's clear you're overestimating your character. This scenario sucks so much I had to give it a fake grade.

D - Better than an E or F, it's possible this can actually happen, but it'd be PIS.

C - Ehh, maybe with a lot of luck your character can pull this off 3/10 times. You can do better though.

B - Valiant effort, scenario is well written and makes sense. You may of ignored a few things to give your character a better chance, but you did as well as was expected of you.

A - You're strategy is creative, well thought out, and above all else possible. With some luck, and maybe a tiny bit of PIS, your character might be able to pull a majority. Can only be awarded to those that put their character against someone out of their class.

S - Only awarded to those who actually proved absolutely that it's at least possible for their character to beat someone at least several steps out of their class.

SS - If what you wrote were to actually go down in a comic, then your character is now capable of taking a solid majority over someone who's far above them in class

SSS - Only awarded to those who proved a street leveler could beat a planitary level character or higher, and would not only take a majority, but literally win every single time.

#2 Posted by Soul_Rebel (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna see someone prove Kick-ass can beat PR Beyonder.

#3 Posted by YoungJustice (6744 posts) - - Show Bio

Does it have to be comic characters.

#4 Posted by lemurboy123 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

if someone can make a scenario where spongebob beats tyrant then that would be like a ssssss

#5 Posted by Joygirl (19310 posts) - - Show Bio

I will consider this and maybe do it tomorrow.

#6 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel said:

I want to see a Kick Ass Fanboy...

#7 Posted by Fetts (4448 posts) - - Show Bio

Can we decide the distance for our fights? If so, I'm going to choose Data, if I'm allowed to do second favorite characters.

#8 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20122 posts) - - Show Bio

Aunt May vs Spider-Man.

#9 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to get this one out there first

"Batman beats Galactus. Because he has prep."

#10 Posted by kellerfoolformaduates (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting idea but it's not smart to provoke fanboy wars. I predict this thread getting locked

#11 Posted by The Stegman (23803 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh this seems like a lot of work...

#12 Posted by SpideyPresence (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman beats everyone because he is Batman

#13 Posted by ImTheDamnBatman (3548 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman beating Dr. Manhattan. He convinces Manhattan not to kill him by saying, "Do you really even care, Dr?" and Manhattan replies, "Well, gee, I guess I don't. I'm going to go make life somewhere." BAT-WIN

#14 Posted by MisterWhisper (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Immortal already beat Maelstrom by convincing him to kill himself... so anything can happen.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@Soul_Rebel said:

In Kick Ass' world, PR Beyonder is a comic book character. Therefore, he can win with a nice eraser... or a paper shredder.

#16 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungJustice said:

Does it have to be comic characters.

No.

@Fetts said:

Can we decide the distance for our fights? If so, I'm going to choose Data, if I'm allowed to do second favorite characters.

Yes, I said that in the OP.

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Batman beating Dr. Manhattan. He convinces Manhattan not to kill him by saying, "Do you really even care, Dr?" and Manhattan replies, "Well, gee, I guess I don't. I'm going to go make life somewhere." BAT-WIN

D

#17 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Just to get this one out there first

"Batman beats Galactus. Because he has prep."

This is a joke, right?

#18 Posted by Fetts (4448 posts) - - Show Bio
@nickzambuto: Ah. My bad.
#19 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon:

It should be...Unfortunately when you look through any thread where Batman is given prep you will see comments like that

#20 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@TheCannon:

It should be...Unfortunately when you look through any thread where Batman is given prep you will see comments like that

Yeah...

#21 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

So, for me, Thor (my favorite) vs Beyonder

Beyonder stomps.

#22 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek said:

Aunt May vs Spider-Man.

That's not fanboyism. That's just plain and simply spite. How the heck could Spider-Man hope to win?

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#23 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm waiting for someone to say that their favorite is someone like Beyonder or Spectre so that way they can easily say they win.

#24 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@voishaioscrumb said:

@TheCannon:You're retarded

1. Flagged.

2. F**k you!

3. From now on, I'm just ignoring all of these alternate accounts you make (and I know who you are).

#25 Edited by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

I'm waiting for someone to say that their favorite is someone like Beyonder or Spectre so that way they can easily say they win.

@TheCannon said:

So, for me, Thor (my favorite) vs Beyonder

Beyonder stomps.

You seem to misunderstand the point of the thread...You're supposed to pick someone that you think Thor could win against and provide a reason....not pick a fight where you know Thor loses.

Also...You want to have a lower powered character beat a higher powered character to maximize the points you win...picking a PR Beyonder would award zero points...because he should be able to beat anyone below TOAA.

for example, if you could make a convincing argument where Thor beats PR beyonder...you'd win a lot of points.

#26 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Adam can beat Silver Surfer.

He's beaten multiple people on his level and who at least as good feats. He's also beaten those people multiple times.

He's beaten Amazo, someone who can easily beat Silver Surfer.

And last, but not least, Silver Surfer with morals is kind of a joke. Seriously, c'mon.

#27 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby Sorry. And thanks.

Thor vs....

I've got nothing. Looking on this, he really isn't as powerful as I've always thought.

#28 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

He's beaten multiple people on his level and who at least as good feats. He's also beaten those people multiple times.

And last, but not least, Silver Surfer with morals is kind of a joke. Seriously, c'mon.

I give this an E. Your Scenario relies too much on ABC logic.

#29 Posted by Libertyprime (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

I would win in real life by ripping the comics and mangas in half.

#30 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@Libertyprime said:

You would lose because I would see you do it and punch you out. You get an F :P

#31 Posted by Libertyprime (1384 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

@Libertyprime said:

You would lose because I would see you do it and punch you out. You get an F :P

Once you punch me I'll get back up!

and we'll fight till a stalemate :)

#32 Edited by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: I didn't know feats were logic.

To me, it seems logical that if Black Adam can beat someone with MUCH better feats than Silver Surfer, than he can beat Surfer. If you can see, there's no "C" in that logic. There's barely a "b".

#33 Edited by YoungJustice (6744 posts) - - Show Bio

@voishaioscrumb said:

@TheCannon:You're retarded

Please refrain from using that word.

@voishaioscrumb said:

@TheCannon: you mad fat boy?

Please refrain from trying to start an argument.

P.S. To Mercy

Thought i would bring this to your attention.

#34 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

@Shawnbaby: I didn't know feats were logic.

To me, it seems logical that if Black Adam can beat someone with MUCH better feats than Silver Surfer, than he can beat Surfer. If you can see, there's no "C" in that logic. There's barely a "b".

Wha tyou said was "He's beaten Amazo, someone who can easily beat Silver Surfer."

Black Adam beats Amazo, Amazo beats Surfer, BA beats SS.

A beats B, B beats C, A beats C.

That's ABC logic.

#35 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby: What you're saying would mean that Amazo would actually have to beat Silver Surfer. As we all know, that's never happened....

Anyways, I was basically trying to say:

Amazo feats>>>Surfer feats (which is in fact, true).

#36 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW: I can do te same

Surfer Beats Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel beats Black Adam, Surfer Beats Black Adam.

That's why ABC logic doesn't work here.

#37 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@blackadamFTW said:

lol that wasn't even a fight

BA just went right up to him and ripped his damn head off

#38 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to make a case for Fantomex vs Thor.

Misdirection.

That is all.

#39 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

In Kick Ass' world, PR Beyonder is a comic book character. Therefore, he can win with a nice eraser... or a paper shredder.

I didn't think I'd give anyone this grade... but you deserve an SSS.

@Shawnbaby said:

@TheCannon:

Is this because I said Batman can beat Thor? :P

#40 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@TheCannon:

Batman beating Thor is ridiculous.

#41 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shawnbaby said:

Surfer Beats Captain Marvel, Captain Marvel beats Black Adam, Surfer Beats Black Adam.

I don't want people to actually debate here, that'll just clutter the whole thread up. Just give a grade and leave it at that.

#42 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

Thank you.

.... what's SSS?

#43 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@TheCannon:

Batman beating Thor is ridiculous.

We can talk about that in the Batman VS Thor thread. For now, go ahead and think up a way for Batman to beat Thor, if it at least makes sense it's a guarentee A.

#44 Posted by nickzambuto (13331 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

Thank you.

.... what's SSS?

Triple S, the highest possible grade. You read the OP right? I went over all the scores and grades there.

#45 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

@Shawnbaby said:

@TheCannon:

Not really...you at least gave reasons why you think it is within the realms of possibily. I'm referring more to the people that will just say "Batman wins with prep" no matter what the battle is.

#46 Posted by Shawnbaby (10592 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@Shawnbaby said:

I don't want people to actually debate here, that'll just clutter the whole thread up. Just give a grade and leave it at that.

And's that's what i did...he's the one that wanted to debate over it...

#47 Posted by JediXMan (30204 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@nickzambuto said:

@JediXMan said:

@Soul_Rebel said:

Thank you.

.... what's SSS?

Triple S, the highest possible grade. You read the OP right? I went over all the scores and grades there.

Read the OP. Just missed that somehow.

#48 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

John Constantine can defeat Darkseid if John as a bit of prep

DS has never been that smart and person as cunning as Constantine should be able to run mental circles around him since Constantine is constantly besting beings like Gabriel and The First of The Fallen. He also has massive knowledge on the occult and could summon some nasty things to get Darkseid if John just doesn't out brain him first.

#49 Posted by YoungJustice (6744 posts) - - Show Bio

Hiro Nakumaura vs Quicksilver:

No Prep

Takes place in a football stadium 80 feet apart.

My Strategy

Hiro stomps time.

Hiro teleports behind Quicksilver.

Hiro stabs him in the chest.

I win :)

#50 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

Cloud Strife vs. World War Hulk

I've actually been told before that Cloud doesn't stand any sort of chance against Savage Hulk. However, I disagree. Now Cloud has never displayed any real materia use in Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus, Crisis Core, or in any cinematic in Classic FF7. However, I do not believe that he needs it.

Dexterity: I'm going to categorize this as combat speed, reflexes, travel speed, and acrobatics. Now combat speed, I believe Cloud takes this. Cloud was able to dodge and deflect bullets with his sword, and on Fenrir he was able to turn on a dime, and fight things both in front and behind him. WWH fought people like Wolverine, and more than a few others who are pretty fast overall. However, Cloud fights multiple people who would come closer to Sabertooth and Spiderman in terms of combat speed. Reflexes go to Cloud as well for the same reasons mentioned before. Travel speed goes to WWH with no real contest. He is a faster runner, and can jump pretty far. Cloud could come close if he used Fenrir, but even then I'd still say he's behind. Acrobatics go to Cloud. Hulk is a better leaper, but Cloud uses his more in combat.

Brute Force: Easily goes to Hulk. He wins strength and durability, plus he has regeneration, so it's not that big of a contest in this capacity. Cloud isn't a slouch, between the distances he's fallen, the attacks he's tanked (that could level a city block), being thrown through steel, and taking several stabbing attacks and continued to fight.

In Combat: Hulk has shown that he still needed time to regenerate (though could regenerate from his neck being snapped etc.). However, he was slashed and cut multiple times, and those seemed to be the weapons that were most effective against him. Cloud has been able to cut through several inches of reinforced steel effortlessly. The two are evenly matched in skill, but Cloud has a much greater reach (despite the Hulk's massive size) and much greater versatility. He can swap between single and two weapon fighting. He has a host of limit breaks he can call upon once he's ready to unleash, and he should easily be able to deal damage faster than the Hulk can regenerate.

Overall: Cloud can slash the Hulk and really do some heavy damage. The Hulk regenerated from his neck being snapped, but he was never disemboweled, had his throat slashed, and just in general had his tendons and etc. rendered. Plus he can Omni Slash, and from what I've seen, his Climhazzard (capable of cutting through something that was completely unaffected by tank-busting shots) and Cross Slash (capable of KOing said beast) should be able to cut the Hulk in two, and those are limits he has access to in the early stages of combat.

Cloud Strife vs. Thor and Beta Ray Bill

Materia: Regen, Barrier, Time, Elemental+Lightning

Opening:

Cloud is coming in with Wall, Regen, and Regen active.

Speed: Thor and Beta Ray Bill will take this initially, however, the two never really use their speed to their full potential, especially not to start a fight. Cloud will open this fight with Haste. This should help him match their speed.

Range: Now they may be using lightning based attacks, but Cloud will have put Elemental+Lightning materia on his armor, making him highly resistant to it. Over and above this, he has Wall up, which increases his resistance to magical attacks by almost double. Because of this, the two will be forced into a melee confrontation. They could throw their weapons, but with Haste and Barrier active, it's doubtful they could hit him, plus he can always slow them, which would make him capable of dodging their weapons almost effortlessly.

Melee: This is where he takes this. When they get close, he will have Barrier active, which should increase the durability of him, his armor, and his weapons. Because of this, his sword(s) should be capable of blocking Stormbreaker and Mjonlir without sustaining damage. However, he also has Haste, Regen, and Slow Time to bank off of. He could easily surpass both of them in speed, and his striking power is more than sufficient to cause serious damage to these two. They've been cut by slashing weapons before, and he is able to go through several feet of steel effortlessly without Barrier/Haste, against these two he will do some major damage. Finally you add in Climmhazard, Cross Slash, Braver, and Omni-slash, and these two don't stand a chance in melee combat.

Maneuverability: Obviously this is tempting to give to BRB and Thor, because they have flight. However, Cloud has demonstrated limited flight and levatation, plus he has shown much greater mobility when actually in combat than either of these two do in most of their showings. His finesse will easily counter their brute strength.

Overall: These two, though powerful, don't stand a chance against Cloud with prep and average resources. At least not at their average levels with no additional amps, and in character.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay