#1 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio
I feel like someone is watching me?
"Fair is fair, kid."

Madison Square Garden WMXX style for nostalgia (Unpopulated)

Rules + Equipment

Terry has his suit but is limited to using only its physical enhancements and 20 batarangs. So no jet boots, rapid fire wrist discs, camo, taser, etc. And no Bruce.

Jake has a fully loaded 909 and an elephant killer. No spare ammo.

Random encounter, both in character.

Win via KO/Death/Incapacitation

Moderator Online
#2 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

Tippy top bump.

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by dondave (34567 posts) - - Show Bio

The OP is making me cry

#4 Posted by sync1 (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

Are tv show feats allowed?

#5 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Yes. The comics are just a continuation of the series so I don't see why they wouldn't be?

Moderator Online
#6 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

Now I know how k4tz and tex feel.

Moderator Online
#7 Posted by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

I recall watching Jakes cutscenes a few months back but iirc did he ever fight a martial artist? I can't remember to much.

#8 Edited by Perezite (1432 posts) - - Show Bio

@sync1: Yes. The comics are just a continuation of the series so I don't see why they wouldn't be?

No they aren't. The comics are non-cannon to a T.

#9 Edited by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

@perezite: I never heard they weren't as they continue right where the series left off. But if for whatever reason you don't believe they are, they will be for this thread.

Moderator Online
#10 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't it Muller ?

:P

#11 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

@fuchsia_nightingale: It is and I caught that but was too lazy to edit it since I would then have to copy and paste the location and gif again and said meh.

Moderator Online
#12 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by God_Spawn (37350 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I recall watching Jakes cutscenes a few months back but iirc did he ever fight a martial artist? I can't remember to much.

He never did. But Jake did display some decent martial arts capabilities himself and definitely has better striking feats than Terry. He also only had like 2 reflex feats that I can recall and that was dodging a near point blank blast from a tank while riding a motorcycle, which is rather impressive. And a hailstorm of bullets. I'll get the times for the feats necessary.

But I'll post the skill feat cutscenes for you. Check the first scene. The scene at 15:50. And the scene at 30:00. Remember, the J'avo do have enhanced stats to a low level superhuman degree, and have decent, yet limited regenerative properties and were capable of regenerating parts of missing heads, limbs, etc or mutating. But enough physical trauma or complete severance of the head is capable of killing them. Hence why I said limited.

For reflexes, check the scene at 29:00. The motorcycle dodge is not in the video. And I couldn't find it, but it is not gameplay mechanic like punching the boulder. It is the last scene of the 3rd mission and just happens when you get on the motorcycle.

Strength feats: Killing the J'avo for starters and check the scene at about 36:30. It is important to note that Ustanak was capable of tanking bullets, was able to hold back a mining drill and survive it impaling him, and of course, high grade explosives on a regular basis. Take to the gas tank that falls in the lava at the cutscene and how it explodes and just a little bit further on, Ustanak survived, but is badly injured.

Moderator Online
#14 Edited by sync1 (2855 posts) - - Show Bio

Tbh, i think Jake's h2h skill is better than Terry's. He wins, imo.

#15 Edited by jashro44 (19756 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn: I think in terms of skill Terry would have the edge. IIRC Terry did do pretty well against Curare who was a skilled mercenary. If I am remembering right she was to be the most assassin in the world or something to that effect and was able to run through a police force. So I think Terry may have the edge in skill as he has faced other martial artists. He also did pretty well against the dee dee twins without his armor as well briefly in return of the joker when he fought them at the club.

I am not so sure about reflexes but I do recall Terry dodging bullets as well so I think there pretty close. He also dodged statics blasts of electricity in the episode future shock when static traveled to the future as well. I agree Jakes striking strength is better but Terry does have some good lifting strength. He did push to massive pillars apart in the episode unmaksed when he was saving that one kid. So that could help him.

I think Terry might have a slight edge all though I am going off of memory.

#16 Posted by fuukkee (2 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry whips him good, Jake couldn't beat a group of Javo' at the end of his 4th chapter which resulted in him and Sherry getting captured and taken to the underwater facility.

#17 Posted by nickzambuto (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't get Jake. He was conceived before Wesker gained his powers, so why was he so super? Something about Wesker having unique blood, I dunno, it wasn't very clear.

#18 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

I really don't get Jake. He was conceived before Wesker gained his powers, so why was he so super? Something about Wesker having unique blood, I dunno, it wasn't very clear.

Umbrella did it.

You won't get a better possible explanation then that.

#19 Posted by nickzambuto (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@nickzambuto said:

Umbrella did it.

RE6 blew in almost every possible way besides Troy Baker and a few Leon feats here and there. I'm going with Terry just because Jake was such a major jobber when he truly shouldn't have been.

#20 Posted by Rozalia (692 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickzambuto said:

@rozalia said:

@nickzambuto said:

Umbrella did it.

RE6 blew in almost every possible way besides Troy Baker and a few Leon feats here and there. I'm going with Terry just because Jake was such a major jobber when he truly shouldn't have been.

Jobber? He beat Ustanak unconscious with his fists so I don't see how he was in any way weak.

#21 Posted by nickzambuto (12979 posts) - - Show Bio

@rozalia said:

@nickzambuto said:

@rozalia said:

@nickzambuto said:

Umbrella did it.

Jobber? He beat Ustanak unconscious with his fists so I don't see how he was in any way weak.

Yeah but that was his crowning moment of badass. There were a lot of other scenes where he was underpowered; like getting captured by a handful of J'avo, and of course that hospital scene where he takes 10 years to undo his cuffs while the other guards are just like wut.