• 96 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

The Hero of Fatal Fury vs the Hero of Street Fighter!

 

Terry Bogard

  
Ryu


Rules/1st Scenario:
- In Character
- Can use feats from any licensed source
- No Game Mechanics

Rules/2nd Scenario:
- Game mechanics
#2 Posted by MotorSteel (1757 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry FTW.

Burn Knucle or Busta Wolf Ftw.

#3 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
I dont know if Terry can defeat Ryu
#4 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

This was kind of done already...but Ryu wins.

Moderator
#5 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio

Why would Ryu win?

Terry Feats:
- When his boss was about to die by 6 I-beams falling from the height of a multi-storied building, Terry kicked them all out of the way.
- Defeated a bullet-timer in Jamin.
- Destroyed the top floor of a castle with his Power Geiser.
- Defeated Geese Howard
- Defeated Wolf Gang Krauser (bullet timer)
- Defeated the God of War: Ares

  

Pay close attention to the end.

Game Mechanics Wise:
- Terry is faster.
- Terry's "Power Dunk" has invincibility frames that leave him at frame advantage on block.
- He can combo two supers together, Blastar Wolf and Power Geiser.
- His standing Roundhouse is a good long poke that goes over lows.
- His Power Geiser covers a lot of air space, in other words, you jump, you're hit.
- Crack shoot covers a lot of air space and is safe on block.

Game wise, Ryu's only advantages are:
- His Shoryuken has invincibility on start up.
- His Shinkushoryuken does massive damage.

Thats pretty much it. Hurricane kick can be ducked and punished. Fireball is standard. His normals have short range. Meh. he does do decent damage on his Shoryuken's though.

#6 Edited by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either.

Moderator
#7 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE."
#8 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever.
Moderator
#9 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics.
#10 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics."
Ryu beat Akuma.Akuma has sank islands,destroyed meteors,and destroyed Osaka which is the biggest city in Japan just by powering up.That's all canon.
Terry has won 2 KOF Tournaments since the end of the FF storyline there has been 13 tournaments.He only beat the weakest Orochi.That's all canon.

Now if you wanna talk about movies and all that sh#t.Terry fought some guy in the first Fatal Fury movie who isn't even a real character...and they overpower Krauser for the second one.Krasuer is the easiest fighting game Boss since Apocalypse.
Moderator
#11 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics."
Ryu beat Akuma.Akuma has sank islands,destroyed meteors,and destroyed Osaka which is the biggest city in Japan just by powering up.That's all canon.
Terry has won 2 KOF Tournaments since the end of the FF storyline there has been 13 tournaments.He only beat the weakest Orochi.That's all canon.

Now if you wanna talk about movies and all that sh#t.Terry fought some guy in the first Fatal Fury movie who isn't even a real character...and they overpower Krauser for the second one.Krasuer is the easiest fighting game Boss since Apocalypse.
"
In the First Fatal Fury movie he fought Geese Howard. Um.. Geese IS a real character. Sure, Akuma did ALL of those things. However, what did RYU do? Ryu was supposed to beat Akuma due to plot. Also, what game did Ryu beat Akuma in? The only game I can imagine it being is Alpha 3. I know he beat Akuma in the comics by becoming Evil Ryu, but that is NOT canon.
#12 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics."
Ryu beat Akuma.Akuma has sank islands,destroyed meteors,and destroyed Osaka which is the biggest city in Japan just by powering up.That's all canon.
Terry has won 2 KOF Tournaments since the end of the FF storyline there has been 13 tournaments.He only beat the weakest Orochi.That's all canon.

Now if you wanna talk about movies and all that sh#t.Terry fought some guy in the first Fatal Fury movie who isn't even a real character...and they overpower Krauser for the second one.Krasuer is the easiest fighting game Boss since Apocalypse.
"
In the First Fatal Fury movie he fought Geese Howard. Um.. Geese IS a real character. Sure, Akuma did ALL of those things. However, what did RYU do? Ryu was supposed to beat Akuma due to plot. Also, what game did Ryu beat Akuma in? The only game I can imagine it being is Alpha 3. I know he beat Akuma in the comics by becoming Evil Ryu, but that is NOT canon."
I remember in one Fatal Fury movie..I know it wasn't the second because he fought Krauser...but he fought a some guy who was looking for the Armor of God and he found the said armor and used it.The comics are canon and Ryu beat Akuma at the end of Alpha 3...his return in SFII was for revenge.
Moderator
#13 Edited by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics."
Ryu beat Akuma.Akuma has sank islands,destroyed meteors,and destroyed Osaka which is the biggest city in Japan just by powering up.That's all canon.
Terry has won 2 KOF Tournaments since the end of the FF storyline there has been 13 tournaments.He only beat the weakest Orochi.That's all canon.

Now if you wanna talk about movies and all that sh#t.Terry fought some guy in the first Fatal Fury movie who isn't even a real character...and they overpower Krauser for the second one.Krasuer is the easiest fighting game Boss since Apocalypse.
"
In the First Fatal Fury movie he fought Geese Howard. Um.. Geese IS a real character. Sure, Akuma did ALL of those things. However, what did RYU do? Ryu was supposed to beat Akuma due to plot. Also, what game did Ryu beat Akuma in? The only game I can imagine it being is Alpha 3. I know he beat Akuma in the comics by becoming Evil Ryu, but that is NOT canon."
I remember in one Fatal Fury movie..I know it wasn't the second because he fought Krauser...but he fought a some guy who was looking for the Armor of God and he found the said armor and used it.The comics are canon and Ryu beat Akuma at the end of Alpha 3...his return in SFII was for revenge."
I thought it was Alpha 3. The armor of mars is movie 3. When were the comics considered canon? Is it because it was licensed? In that case, Terry's feats (beating the God of Mars) is perfectly valid.
#14 Edited by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

it take both ryu and ken to defeat m.bison. can terry deefeat m. bison if he wanted to?

#15 Posted by Hubris-Mantis (70 posts) - - Show Bio

I just happen to have all three Fatal Fury movies.The Armor Of Mars is worn by Laocorn Gaudeamus descendant of an ancient clan.When he wears it he becomes ridiculously powerful and Terry only wins by watching Sullia die(Laocorn's sister) and powering up to unimaginable levels.All of his attacks cover his front and give him way more speed.Beating Ryu will be like taking on Billy from the first Fatal Fury movie.Piece of cake.

#16 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

ryu is equal to jamin in that movie.

#17 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin.
#18 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin."
You obviously don't know how fast Ryu is.
Moderator
#19 Posted by Hubris-Mantis (70 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin."
You obviously don't know how fast Ryu is."
You're no doubt reffering about the  Street Fighter Alpha scene where he dodges a bullet while Sakura watches.Terry beats his ass easily.
#20 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Vance Astro said:
"You just make up stuff.None of those SF or FF movies are canon....either."
Making stuff up? That all happened in the movies. The game mechanics are based off of CVS (which both characters are in). And if you read the rules, it says: "CAN USE FEATS FROM ANY LICENSED SOURCE.""
F#ck the rules...that's just a way to try to make it look as if Terry is on Ryu's level.He's not either way but whatever."
Then explain why Ryu is greater than Terry. In canon, all licensed, and game mechanics."
Ryu beat Akuma.Akuma has sank islands,destroyed meteors,and destroyed Osaka which is the biggest city in Japan just by powering up.That's all canon.
Terry has won 2 KOF Tournaments since the end of the FF storyline there has been 13 tournaments.He only beat the weakest Orochi.That's all canon.

Now if you wanna talk about movies and all that sh#t.Terry fought some guy in the first Fatal Fury movie who isn't even a real character...and they overpower Krauser for the second one.Krasuer is the easiest fighting game Boss since Apocalypse.
"
In the First Fatal Fury movie he fought Geese Howard. Um.. Geese IS a real character. Sure, Akuma did ALL of those things. However, what did RYU do? Ryu was supposed to beat Akuma due to plot. Also, what game did Ryu beat Akuma in? The only game I can imagine it being is Alpha 3. I know he beat Akuma in the comics by becoming Evil Ryu, but that is NOT canon."
I remember in one Fatal Fury movie..I know it wasn't the second because he fought Krauser...but he fought a some guy who was looking for the Armor of God and he found the said armor and used it.The comics are canon and Ryu beat Akuma at the end of Alpha 3...his return in SFII was for revenge."
I thought it was Alpha 3. The armor of mars is movie 3. When were the comics considered canon? Is it because it was licensed? In that case, Terry's feats (beating the God of Mars) is perfectly valid."
What are you talking about? Street Fighter comics are canon because Capcom said so.Capcom's:All about Street Fighter book clearly states that the comics made by Udon are based directly off the original SF storyline and that the movies have some parts that happened in canon storyline but are not based directy of the storyline.It also states that all crossovers involving SF characters unless are made by SNK are canon.SNK does not endorse movies created in the image of their storylines and characters.None of their crossovers are canon except Neo-Geo Battle Colisueum which is a crossover within the company.
Moderator
#21 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

can ryu beat bison by himself?

#22 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"can ryu beat bison by himself?"
That remains to be seen.But Akuma killed Bison and Ryu beat him...we can only assume.
Moderator
#23 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Hubris-Mantis said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin."
You obviously don't know how fast Ryu is."
You're no doubt reffering about the  Street Fighter Alpha scene where he dodges a bullet while Sakura watches.Terry beats his ass easily."
I wasn't referring to that.I don't talk about non canon stuff.Terry cannot beat Ryu.
Moderator
#24 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"can ryu beat bison by himself?"
That remains to be seen.But Akuma killed Bison and Ryu beat him...we can only assume."

but akuma beat bison by sneaking up behind him right. it wasn't a planed fight. more like an assassination.
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"can ryu beat bison by himself?"
That remains to be seen.But Akuma killed Bison and Ryu beat him...we can only assume."

but akuma beat bison by sneaking up behind him right. it wasn't a planed fight. more like an assassination."
He didn't sneak up...he just happened to be behind him.
Moderator
#26 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Ego said:
"can ryu beat bison by himself?"
That remains to be seen.But Akuma killed Bison and Ryu beat him...we can only assume."

but akuma beat bison by sneaking up behind him right. it wasn't a planed fight. more like an assassination."
He didn't sneak up...he just happened to be behind him."
damn. that's crazy... lol
#27 Posted by Hubris-Mantis (70 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Hubris-Mantis said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin."
You obviously don't know how fast Ryu is."
You're no doubt reffering about the  Street Fighter Alpha scene where he dodges a bullet while Sakura watches.Terry beats his ass easily."
I wasn't referring to that.I don't talk about non canon stuff.Terry cannot beat Ryu."
Terry cannot beat Ryu?Why?Because you said so?Terry beat a god.When has Ryu even achieved anything close to that.His speed is laughable and power on the same level as Geese in the first Fatal Fury.Ryu had help beating Bison.Terry constantly improves himself substantially.
#28 Posted by Shadow_KingOf Killers (524 posts) - - Show Bio

 i change my mind im give it to terry  FTW!! 

#29 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Hubris-Mantis said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Hubris-Mantis said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Kimikirai said:
"Ego said:
"ryu is equal to jamin in that movie."
Ryu is not a bullet timer like Jamin. And Terry beat Jamin."
You obviously don't know how fast Ryu is."
You're no doubt reffering about the  Street Fighter Alpha scene where he dodges a bullet while Sakura watches.Terry beats his ass easily."
I wasn't referring to that.I don't talk about non canon stuff.Terry cannot beat Ryu."
Terry cannot beat Ryu?Why?Because you said so?Terry beat a god.When has Ryu even achieved anything close to that.His speed is laughable and power on the same level as Geese in the first Fatal Fury.Ryu had help beating Bison.Terry constantly improves himself substantially."
So were using non canon material just so you can say Terry beat a god? When has Ryu achieved anything close to that? Well since we are using non-canon sh#t....He beat the Red Arremer who the the devil's avatar in the SVC Chaos comics.
Moderator
#30 Posted by The 502 Kid (3793 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Terrry can do it, it would be close though

#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu wins.no matter what version of Ryu you use...he's always been more powerful than Terry.

Moderator
#32 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

terry would win.

#33 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"terry would win."
No he wouldn't and you can't prove he would.
Moderator
#34 Posted by King Saturn (224821 posts) - - Show Bio
ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"terry would win."
I doubt it
#35 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"terry would win."
No he wouldn't and you can't prove he would."

 lol you know what  you need to stop acting like a d!ck,  really your the biggest a$$hole in  comicvine.com way more then me  yeah i give you two tumbs up for being a F#*king d!ick  let alone sucking some, if you don't like who im voteing for  that's too bad "DEAL WITH IT" and for love the love of god man
caption
  
#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"Vance Astro said:
"ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"terry would win."
No he wouldn't and you can't prove he would."

 lol you know what  you need to stop acting like a d!ck,  really your the biggest a$$hole in  comicvine.com way more then me  yeah i give you two tumbs up for being a F#*king d!ick  let alone sucking some, if you don't like who im voteing for  that's too bad "DEAL WITH IT" and for love the love of god man
caption
  "
I was asking you to prove you claim and now your going to cry?Your insults are lame...grow up.
Moderator
#37 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio

whatever you say a$$ licker now please STFU your comments is puting me to sleep.   

#38 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"whatever you say a$$ licker now please STFU your comments is puting me to sleep.   "
Stop reading them then.
Moderator
#39 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Ryu gots this in the first match....don't know about the second one though

#40 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu would win hands down! His moves are pretty powerful, and he just seems stronger, even when you play capcom vs. snk, Terry is a LOT easier to defeat than Ryu

#41 Posted by Hubris-Mantis (70 posts) - - Show Bio

Terry wins this one just for sheer tenacity.No walking bare foot for him either,

#42 Posted by Kimikirai (954 posts) - - Show Bio
Jaadu said:
"Ryu would win hands down! His moves are pretty powerful, and he just seems stronger, even when you play capcom vs. snk, Terry is a LOT easier to defeat than Ryu"
Game mechanics wise, Terry would win. Thats CVS1 and CVS2.

CVS1:
Ryu is a mid-tier character.

Pros:
- Shoryuken gets invincibility frames on startup. Does a good amount of damage. Very strong anti-air.
- Good crossover combo (j.forward, c.fierce, fireball, super)

Cons:
- Small special move list
- Hurricane kick is useless since it is duckable and can be easily punished.
- Normal moves have short range.

Terry is upper-mid or low high-tier.

Pros:
- Has three good anti-airs
- Crack shoot covers a lot of space
- Crack shoot hits air and ground and is safe
- Power dunk has invincibility frames on startup, gives frame advantage on block
- Can combo blastar wolf into a burn knuckle
- Can combo blastar wolf into power geiser
- Crouching Fierce has a lot of priority
- Standing Roundhouse tech jumps lows and is a long poke
- Crouching roundhouse knocksdown and has good range. Safe on block.

Cons:
- No good normal anti-air

In CVS2:

Ryu is a mid-tier again. The pros and cons list are the same. The only difference is that you can roll cancel his fireball and hurricane kick.

Terry is weaker in this game since they watered down his Power Dunk. But you can still give him back his invincibility frames by roll canceling his power dunk. RC Crack Shoot is strong too.
#43 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio

Ryu wins.

Moderator
#44 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Ryu wins."
agree
#45 Posted by Ego (2324 posts) - - Show Bio

terry still wins. he has more guts.

#46 Posted by Vance Astro (91368 posts) - - Show Bio
Ego said:
"terry still wins. he has more guts."
Guts are worthless.Ryu wins.
Moderator
#47 Posted by Jaadu (537 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah Ryu just wins .

#48 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio

I think any man can win this. However, for the misinformed, the continuity of both characters should come from the games (since they came out first), except for crossovers. The movies aren't from the same continuity. The SFA movie has a different storyline from the game. And, the first two Fatal Fury movies were loosely based on the games. The third one wasn't based on the games at all....

#49 Posted by Static Shock (47329 posts) - - Show Bio
ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"whatever you say a$$ licker now please STFU your comments is puting me to sleep.   "

You've been away for months, and you still haven't grown up yet. What a shame.

Vance Astro said:
"No he wouldn't and you can't prove he would."

I think there's enough liable evidence to say that either man could win this...
#50 Posted by ulitmateninjagaidenx (2064 posts) - - Show Bio
Static Shock said:
"ulitmateninjagaidenx said:
"whatever you say a$$ licker now please STFU your comments is puting me to sleep.   "

You've been away for months, and you still haven't grown up yet. What a shame.

Vance Astro said:
"No he wouldn't and you can't prove he would."

I think there's enough liable evidence to say that either man could win this..."
 funny i was thanking same about you, plus i was not even talking to you static jack a$$  mind your own F ing bussiness  you always do that  stay out of it and go back what you do best  being a "TROLL"   STFU.