This topic is locked from further discussion.

#201 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

So, we agree that this comes down to Predators or Terminators because OP didn't give the Xenos a numbers advantage for some reason.

Well it's in NY and if there are civvies then Xenos can increase their numbers. And if it looks like the xeno population will get out of control, the Preds will just nuke the city. Many people forget the Wrist Bomb is always part of their Standard Equipment. Preds are the only ones with the tools and skills to get the job done.

#202 Posted by ___THUNDER___ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: T-800's have stronger armor, stronger strength and extremely more durable than Predators.

T-800 Flipped a car over with one hand.

T-800 got hit and run over by a train and got up with no damage.

Yes, please post proof of Predators surviving such..........

#203 Edited by ___THUNDER___ (14 posts) - - Show Bio

Also no.......... None and I repeat none of the AVP movies are canon, the writers even stated such and they're not canon to the Alien and Predator films.

#204 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Also no.......... None and I repeat none of the AVP movies are canon, the writers even stated such and they're not canon to the Alien and Predator films.

The writers never discredited them, and it's all own by Fox Extertainment who made them all canon. It all exists as part of the AVP-verse.

And "oh gee, it pushed a messed up car already on it's side, over...". Dude, regular Arnie can do that. And it was clear that those Terminators took damage. And that page doesn't actually depict them getting hit by the train. Nvm that it is pointless. Plasmacaster still punches right through them. Nothing has changed.

#205 Posted by 69272 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@___thunder___ said:

The writers never discredited them, and it's all own by Fox Extertainment who made them all canon. It all exists as part of the AVP-verse.

And "oh gee, it pushed a messed up car already on it's side, over...". Dude, regular Arnie can do that. And it was clear that those Terminators took damage. And that page doesn't actually depict them getting hit by the train. Nvm that it is pointless. Plasmacaster still punches right through them. Nothing has changed.

Then you never watched the directors cut. The AVP Movies are not canon and anybody who has watched the behind the scenes would know so. I recommend you watch em, Mr. Arnolds Model was a T-850 in Salvation which is 100% false.

#206 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy1234 said:

@vaeternus: those vids aren't showing up bro.

I think their might be a bug that's preventing the vids from coming up.

They are it's just this page alone has so much stuff on it taking forever to load lol. But yeah dude I agree.

P.S. the TV show isn't canon to the Terminator movies, that's an alternate universe for anyone wondering...

@Rekai, clearly you didnt' bother watching any of those vids posted by Cadence...

There is no proof that their acid is on a "Molecular" level, besides doesn't matter there's NO proof it'll melt through a Terminator and only a little have just slightly burned a Predator....the only way it'll help as if the alien has precise aim and hits the optical specs of the Terminator otherwise not happening.

Sorry, my logic isn't the one flawed here. For one a Predator will have no clue they're machines unless studied initially they won't know being as how their outter layer of skin protects them and masks their exoskeleton. Also, who cares about year comparisons? It's the future regardless of a separate universe, your point is irrelevant and makes no sense. Point is skynet adapts FAST, far faster then Predators do...period. Even in T4 John Connor admitted they're advancing FAR faster then he anticipated. Then you tell me not to use TX's etc so take your own advice please.No, Dutch got hit in the shoulder with the vest on...just admit it already you're overrating the Preds blast.

That's more like the only description it's a plasma blaster with LIMITED ammo...as we've seen in every Predator film that has one....you're describing it as some sort of Iron Man chest blaster. Not true at all.

Who says the cars, cops, chopper were unarmed? It wasn't unarmed, it was a cop chopper there was just one guy in it...the cops were armed, the terminator just aimed perfectly to NOT have any casualties..not even the predator is that accurate.

I suggest you do research, we're using movie versions here not comic versions again if we are then T1000 or TX or T 1 million own the predators easily...

Nobody said anything about rocker launchers vs. plasma blasters, I said the T850 in T3 took a clear shot from a more advanced model that had a plasma blaster which just knocked it offline for a few minutes, and has also taken rocker launchers and grenade launchers to the chest and just got up. A predator would die if they got hit with either to the chest like that....

You miss the point, I brought up the HK's feat as proof of HOW SMART Skynet is...duh, the Predator's haven't done anything like that in fact if anything they're a bunch of chickens because they cloak half the time. You think the Predator would be THAT successful with kills if visible? lol get real, that's not bs it's fact.

Who ever said the T800's were stealthy? Clearly you misread something or are confusing me with someone else. I said they're stronger, smarter then the Predators...No predators would not wipe out humanity, clearly you're biased here if you think that, they can't even handle single humans with little to no or primitive weapons. Again, a sword is a sword, a sharp blade nothing more, nothing less, a disc that has sharper edges is what it is and a bow and arrow with smaller explosives damaged a Predator's gear/blaster. That would do jack against any Terminator...

That wasn't Kyle outsmarting it, it was him using what he could for the timeline....and again it did little, the T800 was still functional even after he blew it in half...watch the film again please. It is fact, a TX and T800 has displayed FAR greater strength then any predator...again, holding a multi ton door with one arm? Yeah, a predator can't even handle a small tree stump give me a break...and you have no proof a claw from a predator would rip a terminator in half, no...and you're using comic scans that are irrelevant here, again movie versions are shown, not comic versions...

Aliens being faster then both Predators and Terminators here prove nothing, Flash is faster then Spectre but that doesn't mean he'll be able to defeat him given as how Spectre can kill flash in numerous other ways...much like a Terminator would do against an alien. They're a non factor here.

So again, Terminators destroy the Predators and Aliens, end of story besides it's a free for all meaning the aliens are dead regardless because the machines and Preds will actually aim to destroy them, not just "run and jump and claw" like the xenomorphs do..

#207 Edited by GhostofOnyx (656 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the xenos win.

#208 Posted by 69272 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

I say the xenos TERMINATOR's win.

I agree.

#209 Posted by 69272 (16 posts) - - Show Bio
#210 Posted by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: T-800's have stronger armor, stronger strength and extremely more durable than Predators.

T-800 Flipped a car over with one hand.

T-800 got hit and run over by a train and got up with no damage.

Yes, please post proof of Predators surviving such..........

Nice scans, totally agree lol any alien or pred would DIE fast if that happened to them...

#211 Posted by 69272 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: Anytime. It's me and i'm sure you know who. I keep getting knocked off here, but shhhhh don't reveal me. lol

#212 Posted by terry2012 (4752 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Terminators here.

#213 Edited by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

There is no proof that their acid is on a "Molecular" level,

It was explained in the First Movie. They tell you this after trying to remove the facehugger, and a Squirt of its blood shot out. Which proceeded to melt the tool, the floor, the piping beneath the floor, the next floor below that, further piping and wiring in a Space Ship, and proceeded to melt through yet another floor before that one bit of blood had run its course.

Not only is it already explained to be a molecular acid, but has been shown to melt flesh, blood, bone, metals, armor, weapons, among other things. Even Predator armor has been shown to melt under its effects, and that's a whole lot stronger than a Terminator's defenses.

there's NO proof it'll melt through a Terminator

There is Plenty of evidence to show that it does and rather easily at that. You on the other hand, have Zero evidence to suggest Terminators are somehow immune to acid, and nowhere in their designs was it ever even hinted at that they were even remotely resistant.

Sorry, my logic isn't the one flawed here

Really? cause I've been pointing out every flaw in your argument for quite a while now and you've yet to provide any evidence that would prove otherwise.

Then you never watched the directors cut.

I have all the movies. No such thing is ever said. And Fox controls everything, and it's been tied in with the existing Novels and other media. Making your argument moot.

For one a Predator will have no clue they're machines unless studied initially

It's the first thing a Predator does on the hunt. They study and scan their targets. The skin doesn't hide their components from scans. Predators can determine weapon functions, armor, enhancements, and all matter of technobabble in a person or machine, with their helmets. Predators aren't going to be the first ones seen on the field of battle. But they'll be the only ones walking off of it.

oint is skynet adapts FAST, far faster then Predators do...period.

And it still took them 30yrs to realize all their efforts were Fail, and all their "adapting" was utterly meaningless, because they still couldn't kill John in the past, couldn't win the war, and all their prototypes still ended up getting beaten by a bunch of rag-tag, dirty Humans who still managed to steal their guns.

Fact remains; Skynet, for a super-intelligent, self-aware computer, is incredible dense and foolish, and got beaten by people who regularly end up mounted on the walls of Predators

It's the future regardless of a separate universe, your point is irrelevant and makes no sense

No it makes perfect sense. Especially since Humans in AVP end up with far better tech than Skynet did. The only thing they didn't make was Time Travel. Because that'd be pointless. Honestly, your argument about time differences is like the Harvey Birdman episode when the Jetsons show up and George goes "We are from the future! All the way into the year Two-Thousand!" and Harvey just goes "Uh-huh" and look at his calendar that reads "2008"

No, Dutch got hit in the shoulder with the vest on...just admit it already you're overrating the Preds blast.

I admit to being Right, that's all I can do. We see Dillon get shot in the arm. What happened? He lost the arm. Anie only gets grazed. If he'd taken a direct shot, there'd be a hole where his shoulder used to be. And given that Plasmacasters can be fired with different power settings, your argument is utterly pointless. And seeing as Alien/Predator/Terminator crossovers have been done, and the plasmacaster shoots right through them, there really isn't any reason to believe otherwise.

That's more like the only description it's a plasma blaster with LIMITED ammo...as we've seen in every Predator film that has one....you're describing it as some sort of Iron Man chest blaster. Not true at all.

Actually its power source is almost limitless as the generator on the predators back is self-replenishing.

Who says the cars, cops, chopper were unarmed? It wasn't unarmed, it was a cop chopper there was just one guy in it...the cops were armed, the terminator just aimed perfectly to NOT have any casualties..not even the predator is that accurate.

Pred has auto-targeting and is that accurate. But casualties are part of the hunt. Just not civilian ones. And they have been sure not to kill needlessly unless it's meant to either;

A: Erase all evidence of them being there in the event one of them is discovered in order to eliminate all witnesses and the body.

B: They're Bad Blood and don't care who they kill, and will kill anyone and anything at any time because they enjoy it and will break all the rules to do what they want.

I suggest you do research, we're using movie versions here not comic versions again if we are then T1000 or TX or T 1 million own the predators easily...

Op never said movie versions. Only said 1000xenos and 2 queens, 1000 T-800's and 1000 Predators. And your gross overestimation of the Terminator lines are just what makes this so sad.

I said they're stronger, smarter then the Predators

I have Scarface forcing blast doors open and Stone Heart who's hitting the ground so hard it sends shockwaves to knock you off your feet. Predator strength isn't one thing and one thing only. We got Scarface whose around Class 10 and Stone Heart whose higher than that. Nevermind Female Predators who're bigger and stronger than the Males.

A predator would die if they got hit with either to the chest like that

Actually no, since Predator armor is resistant to plasma and have already been shown to take a lot of punishment. Plasma would only work best if it didn't hit the armor. But it's irrelevant since the T-X isn't involved, and the T-800's plasma rifles aren't up to par with that.

You miss the point, I brought up the HK's feat as proof of HOW SMART Skynet is...duh, the Predator's haven't done anything like that in fact if anything they're a bunch of chickens because they cloak half the time. You think the Predator would be THAT successful with kills if visible? lol get real, that's not bs it's fact.

The Stealth is so their presence isn't revealed to another intelligent species. And there are tons of Predators who can hunt just a well without it. Especially since the Stealth Field is useless against xenomorphs. And since you can't prove at all that a T-800 would even be able to detect a stealthed target, it's just one more advantage for the Predators and another reason why Terminators get mauled.

No predators would not wipe out humanity, clearly you're biased here if you think that

Clearly you don't understand what was being said. I said they Could wipe out humanity, not that they Would. If the Predators wanted to wipe out the Humans, it would be Effortless. Those in WTC (Weyland/Yutani Corp) that know of the Preds existence, as well as Machiko Noguchi who had lived among them for a time, are all keenly aware of this. If Preds decided to wipe out humans, there isn't anything they can do about it. Only reason they're still alive is it's against their Code to wipe out another intelligent species intentionally.

It is fact, a TX and T800 has displayed FAR greater strength then any predator

They smashed each other through walls, and some toilet stalls. Wooo. Predators can do that too. And can jump more than 20ft in the air with pure leg strength.And physically rip a persons body in half.

Aliens being faster then both Predators and Terminators here prove nothing, Flash is faster then Spectre but that doesn't mean he'll be able to defeat him given as how Spectre can kill flash in numerous other ways...much like a Terminator would do against an alien. They're a non factor here.

Terminators aren't the Spectre. And given the Flash in "Kingdom Come" has gone to the point of running through dimensions, zipped right into the plane the Spectre was in and grabbed the elderly man whom was being his Agent in deciding whether or not to interfere on earth and dumped him right in front of the JLA.

Don't even bother arguing like that. First thing, T-800's can't see a Xenos light signs of thermal signature, so they can only go off basic sight and movement. Acid blood will melt right through them. Tails, teeth and claws will rend right through their armor. And if the T-800's go after them into their dens, they're gonna be attacked from every direction, without warning, and enmasse.

And if the Queens are using Drones to acquire more bodies from the populace, that 1000 starting number can quickly escalate in a matter of hours. And with PredAliens, they can infest pregnant women to have multiple xenos at once. You don't understand how easy it is for a Xeno Hive to grow. Given enough time, if the Predators don't shut them down, the entire planet would end up covered in xenomorphs.

#214 Edited by whydoiwastemytime (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: The Acid blood has damaged Predators mask, but it didn't completely vape it or the Predator itself and seeing the T-800 is extremely more durable than a Predator, the Acid blood probably wouldn't do as much damage. Do I think the blood would hurt the T-800's armor? Probably would stein it to various degrees, but I doubt if it would melt the entire meltal and cause the machine to fall apart.

#215 Posted by whydoiwastemytime (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@goodguy1234 said:

@vaeternus: those vids aren't showing up bro.

I think their might be a bug that's preventing the vids from coming up.

They are it's just this page alone has so much stuff on it taking forever to load lol. But yeah dude I agree.

P.S. the TV show isn't canon to the Terminator movies, that's an alternate universe for anyone wondering...

I also tried explaining that to him. lol In some of his post yesterday he was going on about how T-888's were getting taken down by shotgun rounds and grenade blast and I Told him the Chronicles isn't canon. I loved watching it though, but not canon. Course they took it off the air cause of low interest I guess which is kinda understandable.

Because TERMINATOR Is Arnold. You can't do it without him.

#216 Edited by MisterWhisper (1669 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydoiwastemytime:

The armor and weapons the Yautja/Predators wear and use is specially treated to be acid resistant. Even that is not 100% effective.

#217 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: The Acid blood has damaged Predators mask, but it didn't completely vape it or the Predator itself and seeing the T-800 is extremely more durable than a Predator, the Acid blood probably wouldn't do as much damage. Do I think the blood would hurt the T-800's armor? Probably would stein it to various degrees, but I doubt if it would melt the entire meltal and cause the machine to fall apart.

Once again, Terminators have shown no resistance to acid. And the Pred mask wasn't covered in acid. Scar broke off a small piece of leg from the Facehugger and used just a small bit of its blood to create his clan symbol on both his helmet and his forehead. Predator's blood can partially neutralize the acid, and the acid itself oxydizes fairly rapidly, which is another reason why it didn't melt far into the helmet.

However when the breastplate of one of the others got sprayed full on with acid, the whole thing was melting away and it had to be torn off. Predator armor is made of stronger materials than the Terminators, and Preds do have tools and equipment tempered against the xenomorph aside. The combisticks are immune to its effects and the smartdiscs are clearly resilient.

#218 Posted by whydoiwastemytime (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai said:

@whydoiwastemytime said:

Once again, Terminators have shown no resistance to acid. And the Pred mask wasn't covered in acid. Scar broke off a small piece of leg from the Facehugger and used just a small bit of its blood to create his clan symbol on both his helmet and his forehead. Predator's blood can partially neutralize the acid, and the acid itself oxydizes fairly rapidly, which is another reason why it didn't melt far into the helmet.

However when the breastplate of one of the others got sprayed full on with acid, the whole thing was melting away and it had to be torn off. Predator armor is made of stronger materials than the Terminators, and Preds do have tools and equipment tempered against the xenomorph aside. The combisticks are immune to its effects and the smartdiscs are clearly resilient.

Just because TERMINATOR's have shown no resistant to Acid doesn't mean a thing. I could say Acid wouldn't melt TERMINATOR since Acid never fell on him and vaped him. Predators for a fact are not as durable as T-800's and have not been vaped by the Acid, but hurt by it. T-800's do not feel pain unlike the Predators and seeing T-800's don't feel pain and are more durable, I am assuming the Acid would hardly do anything. No.... TERMINATOR's are made more of like Titianium metal. Where is your proof that Predators armor is more durable than a T-800's? if that was the case than Royce wouldn't of been beating the shit out of a beserker predator in predators which is like a super predator with far more advanced tech than a regular predator.

Predators also showed they couldn't beat Arnold as a human, so that's proof they couldn't beat him as a TERMINATOR.

#219 Posted by jashro44 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Just giving you a heads up so you know but I am 99% sure that guy is terminator fan, a notorious troll who will argue terminator defeats superman.

#220 Posted by whydoiwastemytime (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydoiwastemytime:

The armor and weapons the Yautja/Predators wear and use is specially treated to be acid resistant. Even that is not 100% effective.

Yeah, but as I asked above Predators are not as durable as T-800's and they have not been vaped by the Acid so that's what leads me to believe the Acid wouldn't vape THE TERMINATOR.

Would the Acid damage the T-800? Yes, it might leave a bunch of scars, but as I said above, I don't think it would harm the T-800's armor that much.

#221 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because TERMINATOR's have shown no resistant to Acid doesn't mean a thing. I could say Acid wouldn't melt TERMINATOR since Acid never fell on him and vaped him.

Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence. You don't get to claim acid resistance with no evidence to support it. All the evidence shown is more than enough to state that a Terminator would fall badly to it..

Predators for a fact are not as durable as T-800's and have not been vaped by the Acid

Pred armor is more durable than a T-800. Still melts to the acid. And enough of the acid can melt a Predators limbs off. A Clan Leader had lost his hand during a hunt from a xeno that bled all over it. Yautja blood can partially counteract the acidic blood. But large enough quantities can still melt through them as easily as anything else.

Predators also showed they couldn't beat Arnold as a human, so that's proof they couldn't beat him as a TERMINATOR.

Once again, that's due to Plot, and nothing else. What happened to the rest of Dutch's platoon and the Green Barrets who went in before them? All but one of'em was slaughtered, and the last one was critically injured. The Predator had Dutch dead to rights too. Could've killed him at any time. He just wanted to be sporting.

This isn't about being sporting. It's an extermination. Which means they're not going to play nice with a bunch of wind-up toys.

#222 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydoiwastemytime: Yautja's blood have a unique property of being able to weaken the Xenomorph's acid blood. They both mix and basically dilute each other. Though this can be overcome if there is enough Xenomorph acid to overwhelm them.

#223 Posted by whydoiwastemytime (5 posts) - - Show Bio

@whydoiwastemytime: Yautja's blood have a unique property of being able to weaken the Xenomorph's acid blood. They both mix and basically dilute each other. Though this can be overcome if there is enough Xenomorph acid to overwhelm them.

Again their is nothing to suggest or prove it will melt the meltal of a T-800... Also as I said, the T-800's also have weapon, depending if this is a T-800 from the past or one of the future ones. If it's one of the Future TERMINATOR's, then I can see THE TERMINATOR's winning easily by blasting the Predators and Aliens with their lazer blast guns.

#225 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

@ Rekai

A stanard tool is very different from Terminator advanced metal, and that would most likely do nothing to more advanced model Terminators in T850's and beyond that....the floor is nothing, considering all 3 can go through the floor easily. There is no proof of the acid burning "everything" down to a molecular level or should say to be more specific assume it can burn through anything...a Predator armor is nor more then a human armor. Terminator has skin, on top of that armor, below both extremely strong, durable endoskeleton again able to withstand pure lava poured on top of it...if it can survive that it can survive a little alien acid. So no there is no proof of such.

You've pointed out nothing but you being biased for Predators and ignoring Terminator's greater feats as far as I can see here.

The TV show is NOT canon to the movies, it's an alternate terminator universe and yes the writer in an old interview some where did say it's not canon to the films.

Yeah, the preds will be walking off of it.......in pieces lol. Terminators are simply too strong...

Correction it took humans over 30 years to win it.....considering the planet was left in shambles with remaining humans around the planet connecting to each other in smaller groups fighting loads of machines build day and night 24/7 by skynet i'd say that's a great feat....

no, skynet isn't foolish the humans are just not as easily killed as they thought and lets face it,the only reason predators kill easily is because they're pansies who cloak so nobody can see them, if they were visible the one in the first movie would have died fast...no joke not to mention being heavily outnumbered...

no it doesn't and avp aren't canon....why are you using non canon movies/crossovers?

So you admit to being wrong in other words?

Actually its not unlimited, refer to avp 2 sine youre using that...energy clearly ran out of juice as did the one in the first avp

Preds targeting isn't as accurate as terminators, i refer you to t2 cop scene and t3 cop scene....far better then anything preds have, and they've missed humans before might i add.

Preds are pansies at the end of the day, hunters true hunters unless you're hunting to eat remain somewhat visible...for the sport,its no challenge being invisible anyone can do that then

No, more just a realist. you're the only one here arguing with everyone here thinking preds stand a chance when they dont that's sad..considering the odds is a free for all...

Yes, the females are stronger but they're not fighters...the males do everything for them not them nor scarface are relevant here though so why bring them up?

Not really, you're assuming their armor is immune to terminator weapons...that's a false assumption considering that primitive human weapons have harmed them...chances are greater if anything that a skynet weapon would harm a pred.

Then why do predators always cloak while hunting? just admit, the preds would get their butts kicked by t800s or humans if they ramained visible.

Clearly you dont understand what you just said, you saying they could wipe out then saying they wouldnt makes no sense otherwise they would have already,clearly they're not capable of such....skynet however did nearly wipe out all of humanity...preds have yet to prove anything close to so. And they dont have the power to just go around wiping out random planets with intelligent life...

Uhh no, i love how you try to downplay it with things not even mentioned like "smashing through some walls" lol... try holding multiton doors with one arm, getting run over by a train barely harmed,getting run over by a truck, explosive fire unharmed, lava poured onto its body unharmed, frozen unharmed, grenade launchers to the chest unharmed, plasma shots to the chest unharmed etc....far greater feats then any pred has shown, but feel free to ignore those feats ;0 anda terminator has punched a hole through someone and ripped their hearts out, your point?

You totally missed the point of the analogy, i never said t800s were spectre i said speed isn't everything...with your "aliens are faster then t800s" yeah, so are humans, your point? read again please and yes, but everyone knows spectre would kill flash get real...

Actually, they can see through walls via their vision how do you think t800 pulled sarah from the isolated room in t2 when the swat team was firing on her? You clearly dont know what youre talking about or never seen a terminator film....

ok, but again its not just t800s the queens are fighting its predators at the end of the day, the aliens are the small fish here...leaving the preds vs terminators which t800s will win eventually....i understand full well, you dont seem to understand that aliens would do nothing vs terminators, unlike predators which we've seen....machines are immune to face huggers. The t800s and preds would own the aliens or one or the other given their weapons, mini nukes etc and just being smarter then the aliens. Then the t800s would kill the preds....

@whydoiwastemytime said:

@omgomgwtfwtf said:

Again their is nothing to suggest or prove it will melt the meltal of a T-800... Also as I said, the T-800's also have weapon, depending if this is a T-800 from the past or one of the future ones. If it's one of the Future TERMINATOR's, then I can see THE TERMINATOR's winning easily by blasting the Predators and Aliens with their lazer blast guns.

The guy is clearly pro predator ....lol noticed how he ignored cadences vids, which prove terminators have far greater feats not to mention the train scan as better feats...

#226 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

If only Superman wore red underwear on the outside anymore...

#227 Posted by gingerpenny (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@terminator_fanboy: Umm no... I stand a Terminator fan over the rest but, just because it can take molten metal, doesnt mean it can take Xeno acid. it would melt T-800

#228 Posted by Clark_EL (2171 posts) - - Show Bio
#229 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

lol I like Superman without the red tighty whities personally, he looks cooler.

But yeah, Terminators will still win here overall.

#230 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@vaeternus: so basically the acid wouldn't harm the terminators ?

#231 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: would the acide harm the terminators ?

#232 Posted by omegablast452 (2425 posts) - - Show Bio
#233 Edited by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Pushed a car over?

How about tore a helicopter to pieces?

Seriously, in melee Terminator is screwed.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#234 Edited by Pokergeist (22329 posts) - - Show Bio

@floopay: strength wise Terminators have crush Engine Blocks with their hands... and no need of a Molecular Blade.

Skip to 2:40 Predator has never smashed a Engin Block.... just a weak Aluminam Helicopter.

Skip to 1:25 seconds.

HOLDS UP A HYDRAULIC BLAST DOOR!

More than 10 tons right there.

Pred has nothing in Strength or Durability.

#235 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Scarface does the same thing with blast doors. Except they were already closed and locked, and he forced them open. And you know, you're still arguing for a T-850, which is stronger than a T-800. Arnie in T3 was a T-850. Those aren't even in the Op.

#236 Posted by fatalsniper728 (498 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: the main question is, who is better at melee combat ?

#237 Edited by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6083 posts) - - Show Bio

@fatalsniper728 said:

so basically the acid wouldn't harm the terminators ?

The acid would affect the Terminator as it would anything else. Their acid melts through multi layers of spaceships. A little drop from the face hugger in the first film went through numerous floors and the crew feared that the acid would go through the hull and depressurize the space ship. Unless people are trying to say that terminators are more durable than a spaceship the same thing should happen to them. Even Yautja metal melt when hit by the acid and their stuff is more durable than any substance on earth.

People clearly need a refresher in their science course if they think being able to withstand molten lava means being able to withstand acid. It's basically ABC logic at it's worst. Burning something is a thermokinetic reaction, while acid is a molecular reaction. So by default all acids 'burn' down to the molecule. It's simple science.

#238 Posted by Pokergeist (22329 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai:I really dont care since the Term T-800 aplies to the whole series. There is no Such Thing as T-800.

Terminator 1: T-800 101 (made in 2026)

Terminator 2: T-800 101 again.

Terminator 3: T-850. Because of the Time Loops of the first and second missions as well updated tech becuase of the first 2 movies, Skynet starts the T-800 series with more improvements over the last 2 failures. It is the new T-800 rtconing the Series 70 T-800s altogether.... Infact these Termiantors were made in 2015, that is 9 years EALIER than the First Cannon T-800...

So you want to get technical, your flat out wrong. The T-850 is cannon as the current T-800 series and there is no such thing as T-800, its just the series Number.

So yeah.

#239 Posted by Kingjohnrocks (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

Needed to be posted, espiscally here.

#240 Edited by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually the T-850's were not created by the T-800 failed to kill John Connor. They were made because the human Resistance kept jacking their plasma weapons and turning them against Skynet. The T-800 series were not made resistant to plasma. So the upgraded T-850 series was made to rectify this. Though resistant, they aren't impervious to it.

Also, it doesn't erase the T-800 series. The development moved faster because the war started later. As Arnie said in T3: "You didn't stop the war. You merely postponed it. Judgement Day is inevitable." If the T-800 series was never made it'd cause a paradox. T-800's had been designed and produced, but Skynet moved on more quickly because the existence of the T-850 was already a thing of the past. The data already existed because of the T-X's interference.

Regardless, you can't say T-800's = T-850's because it's not true. As the op specified T-800's, you can't use the design and feats of T-850's.

#241 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

Skynet generally constantly adapts and upgrades their models, hence T600, T800,T850 T-1000, T-X, T 1 milllion etc, etc it's one reason why it took years for the humans to win because naturally Skynet learned fast and upgraded often.

@Floopay, I take it you missed the Train running over a Terminator and getting up huh? Terminator would handle a Predator..not to mention, a Pred or Alien would die a horrible, horrible death if a train ran over it lol

@fatalsniper728 ok, so my reason for why the acid wouldn't effect the Terminators much unless you have gallons of it literally...is this

Why I'm not convinced the acid would tear through a T800 without some kind of proof, especially after the T4 Terminator feat...watch 1:50 in, this would instantly kill a Predator or Alien...yet didn't even effect the Terminator, slowed it down slightly lol outside of that. An alien would literally have to slice himself in half and pure his entire body on a terminator who isn't just going to stand there.

Hope you enjoyed the vid man :)

#242 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Molten steel =/= Molecular Acid. Try again. It's not the same nor is it even relative. Also, Alien 3, the Drone was covered in molten lead and it didn't kill it until it was rapidly cooled, causing its carapace to shatter and explode violently. Also, that vid is a T-850. Again, stronger than a T-800, and is not being used in this battle.

#243 Posted by tparks (2351 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a suggestion:

Maybe do 1 terminator, 1 predator, and 1 alien instead 1,000 of each. Teams of each is good too, but scale it down a bit to around a bakers dozen. Anything more then that is just too huge, but it would be awesome to see. Haha.

#244 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

Reikai, no proof of molecular level and again would take literally a few aliens worth of blood to drown a terminator(which wouldn't happen) so stop saying that....just because it can eat a hole through a wall or floor means nothing. So can lava or something ridiculously hot. Molten Steel at over 1000 degrees would kill an alien or pred. Period. So you Try again. A little acid won't do jack to a T800...it didn't even stop a Predator charging it...so humor me.

Uhh, I used Salvation which isn' ta T850...that was the T800 prototype so clearly you're getting your Terminator models confused.

#245 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

First movie stated it openly, all Sources state it clearly. There is No Evidence a Terminator is even Resistant to acid. Claiming it would take buckets to melt through them is utterly ridiculous.

just because it can eat a hole through a wall or floor means nothing.

In a spaceship. In the Future. Do you know what most space ships and shuttles are made from by humans? Oh, you know, the same Titanium-Steel alloys that comprise Terminators.

So can lava or something ridiculously hot. Molten Steel at over 1000 degrees would kill an alien or pred.

Not really. And Heat =/= Acid. Two completely different things. Heat melts and burns. Acid corrodes and dissolves substances. Xenomorph acid works just as well between Organic and Inorganic compounds.

And no the one who attacked John in the factory was a T-850. Was noted earlier in the movie they were evolving faster than anticipated, and both T-800 and T-850 models used the Arnie skin. And both have a similar exoskeletal design.

#246 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

And there's no evidence proving it can melt through one either....different universe.

It's not ridiculous since one little squirt would do nothing to a T800. Not even A predator as we saw in AVP one.

Some space ships are made by humans, not all...obviously the Predator ship isn't human...

Yes really, extreme heat only works with extreme acid(not all) will work the same way HEAT also burns and disintegrates.....fire just does it differently, either way same thing. Disintegration via different methods.

No, you're wrong that was a T800 prototype...that wasn't a T850...that was the future of the BEGINNING of the T800 models...I'll find a video for you proving it.

#247 Posted by Pokergeist (22329 posts) - - Show Bio

@reikai: Actually the behind scenes of my Terminator Salvation mention it was the first T-800 ever. T_800.... or was T-800 Model 101 and T-850 all fall under T-800 series again..... with that said there is no T-800. Its a series line. Also again T-850 from Background put it made BEFORE T-800.

Just saying.

#248 Edited by Vaeternus (8328 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly. I have that too, well DVD they made two versions the normal version and extended version(Blu ray had this as their standard)

Confirms it also in this video :

#249 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: The terminator may be able to do more without the use of the molecular blade, but the predator still has the molecular blade, so in melee, the Predator has all the advantages.

Plus they can also run fast enough to catch up to cars and speeding vehicles, and dodge machine gun fire.

Realistically, the Predator has the most advantages. He even has his own auto-targeting systems, as well as superior weaponry, sensory equipment, cloaking, and much more.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#250 Posted by reikai (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

And there's no evidence proving it can melt through one either....different universe.

You're just using circular logic, and that doesn't fly. Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence. Acid Blood has worked on stronger materials than those composing a T-800. Proof positive. You have no evidence to suggest otherwise.

Yes really, extreme heat only works with extreme acid(not all) will work the same way HEAT also burns and disintegrates.....fire just does it differently, either way same thing. Disintegration via different methods.

No, it's not the same, nor will it ever be the same, because the Method and Cause are completely different.

Actually the behind scenes of my Terminator Salvation mention it was the first T-800 ever.

And yet as John is entering into the factory, there is a T-800 patrolling outside.

with that said there is no T-800. Its a series line

Incorrect. The T-850 is an Advancement on the T-800 model. This has been noted in all sources.

Differences from the Series 800

The T-850 is very similar to the T-800 in many ways, as it is basically the same style hyperalloy combat chassis with a few modifications.[2] As well as the endoskeleton looking very much like that of a T-800, the T-850's is also capable of utilizing the same models of living tissue sheath for the T-800, such as Model 101.[3] The skin peels away more easily and is more regenerative. It has a more durable endoskeleton, more resistant to plasma weaponry. It also contains files on basic human psychology and behavior. The T-850 is slightly stronger and faster than its predecessor.