#1 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, I tried this once with just Arnold, but no takers. Then I saw the movie, and saw that there was a Terminator statue in it. So I had to try this again.

#2 Posted by Bulky Bicep (26 posts) - - Show Bio

probably terminator... john mcClane is just a cop... one badass, uber mega cop... but the tin man plays in an entirely other league

#3 Posted by Sketchtor (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

I hero worship Bruce Willis, so not saying John McClane is against my entire belief system.

#4 Posted by Sketchtor (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the Terminator was defeated in the first one by a kid and a woman and a hydraulic mashing machine.

#6 Posted by Sketchtor (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly.

#7 Posted by Bulky Bicep (26 posts) - - Show Bio

But thought it was a fight with guns n' kicks and teeth beeing knocked out... by the way, rambo or walker texas ranger could take care of them even if they teamed up..

#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

John McClane has "yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker"

Terminator has "I'll be back"

Advantage: John McClane.

#9 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"John McClane has "yippee-ki-yay, motherfucker" Terminator has "I'll be back" Advantage: John McClane."

That's what I was thinking. And the Terminator got shot in the newest Die Hard, anyone see it?

#10 Posted by Forever (4332 posts) - - Show Bio

Octagon Freak says:

"Well, the Terminator was defeated in the first one by a kid and a woman and a hydraulic mashing machine. "

I think the kid was in the second one. In the first one it was the woman and the time traveling soldier who got her pregnant.

#11 Posted by Sketchtor (1396 posts) - - Show Bio

Bulky Bicep says:

"But thought it was a fight with guns n' kicks and teeth beeing knocked out... by the way, rambo or walker texas ranger could take care of them even if they teamed up.."

Pow. right in the kisser. to say I disagree with your views is an understatement, however I accept your opinion as a valid one.

#12 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Sketchtor says:

"Bulky Bicep says:
"But thought it was a fight with guns n' kicks and teeth beeing knocked out... by the way, rambo or walker texas ranger could take care of them even if they teamed up.."
Pow. right in the kisser. to say I disagree with your views is an understatement, however I accept your opinion as a valid one. "

Yay Jackie Gleason!

#13 Posted by Starleafgirl (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

John McClane would win. He never gives up, never loses. The Terminator, on the other hand, was defeated by an average, everyday citizen (Sarah Conner) in the first film who happened to get lucky and was resourceful. That's how I remember it, anyhow. And he gets killed off in the second film too.

I think John is up to the task. ;)

EDIT: Wait a sec, isn't this just for comic book fights? Ah, yes well... The Terminator's in some comics.
Post Edited:2007-06-30 00:19:53

#14 Posted by Shrek (14 posts) - - Show Bio

John McClane would win for shure.

#15 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you guys high? The only reason Sarah Conner survived the first movie or the second is because without her the movie is over and so long sequel. The Terminator would own John Macclane, he wouldnt know what the hell was going on, he wouldnt have some dude from the future telling him what to do and what the Terminator is. No way can he win.

#16 Posted by Shrek (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I think your worng look at the live free movie he is king.teminator is a wimp.Jhon mclane is the last man standing.

#17 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Shrek says:

"I think your worng look at the live free movie he is king.teminator is a wimp.Jhon mclane is the last man standing."

WTF are you saying?

#18 Posted by Rotten gun (2509 posts) - - Show Bio

how exactly does mclane know he's battling a machine? it would be funny if he tried to knock him out... good way to break a hand.

#19 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Rotten gun says:

"how exactly does mclane know he's battling a machine? it would be funny if he tried to knock him out... good way to break a hand."

He's got a good point there, but then again, he did kill a helicopter with a car because he was out of bullets, lol.

#20 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"EDIT: Wait a sec, isn't this just for comic book fights? Ah, yes well... The Terminator's in some comics."

Try not to draw attention to it... ;)

I saw it last night and I think John would win, he took out a chopper with a car, he could take out a robot.

#21 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Starleafgirl says:
"EDIT: Wait a sec, isn't this just for comic book fights? Ah, yes well... The Terminator's in some comics."
Try not to draw attention to it... ;) I saw it last night and I think John would win, he took out a chopper with a car, he could take out a robot. "

Did you see the part where the Terminator toy hit the delete button, blowing up the place?

There where also Spawn and Vision toys there too.

#22 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, it was pretty awesome... Terminator is licensed by 20th century fox... so they could hypothetically do a "Die Hard vs. Terminator" film, I don't think it's likely since Bruce is starting to show his age and Arnold isn't doing action movies anymore... I almost said he 'isn't acting anymore', but then I remembered he's in politics now.

I saw a Hank Pym bust in the apartment before it blew up as well.

#23 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Yeah, it was pretty awesome... Terminator is licensed by 20th century fox... so they could hypothetically do a "Die Hard vs. Terminator" film, I don't think it's likely since Bruce is starting to show his age and Arnold isn't doing action movies anymore... I almost said he 'isn't acting anymore', but then I remembered he's in politics now. I saw a Hank Pym bust in the apartment before it blew up as well. "

LMAO!!!

Well, I missed the Hank Pym, but I did see the rest. And afterwards, I bought a talking Galactus toy, how cool is that?

#24 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome, what does Galactus say?

#25 Posted by Darkchild (41353 posts) - - Show Bio

i would go with John since well i love the character and love the actor he would find a way to waste the metal head

#26 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"That's awesome, what does Galactus say?"

He says, "I hunger!" And then when you push the button again, he makes like electronic zapping noises like he's shooting beams or something. Yeah, it's cheezy, but it was two bucks.

#27 Posted by Starleafgirl (1411 posts) - - Show Bio

Satyrquaze says:

"Yeah, it was pretty awesome... Terminator is licensed by 20th century fox... so they could hypothetically do a "Die Hard vs. Terminator" film, I don't think it's likely since Bruce is starting to show his age and Arnold isn't doing action movies anymore... I almost said he 'isn't acting anymore', but then I remembered he's in politics now. I saw a Hank Pym bust in the apartment before it blew up as well. "

Lol! ;) You know what we could do, though? Someone could put together a bunch of old Die Hard and Terminator clips, making it seem as though they're fighting each other. It worked for Terminator vs. RoboCop. ;)

#28 Posted by iSHADOW (2269 posts) - - Show Bio

im thinkin patrick swayze has the advantage. cause hes swayze.

#29 Posted by Buckshot (18925 posts) - - Show Bio

Dave's Long Box:

"There's a scene in Live Free or Die Hard where McClane1000 runs out of bullets so he uses his onboard cyber-targeting system to precisely launch a cop car into a cooperatively motionless helicopter. Big explosion. Hey, I'm not spoiling anything, man, it was in the trailers."

For more: http://daveslongbox.blogspot.com/

#30 Posted by Boken (7757 posts) - - Show Bio

not quite sure actually

#31 Posted by Octagon Freak (11158 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"Satyrquaze says:

Lol! ;) You know what we could do, though? Someone could put together a bunch of old Die Hard and Terminator clips, making it seem as though they're fighting each other. It worked for Terminator vs. RoboCop. ;)

"

WTF was Predator doing in there? And where did all those Terminators and Robocops come from?! LMFAO!!1!!!11

#32 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"John McClane would win. He never gives up, never loses. The Terminator, on the other hand, was defeated by an average, everyday citizen (Sarah Conner) in the first film who happened to get lucky and was resourceful. That's how I remember it, anyhow. And he gets killed off in the second film too.I think John is up to the task. ;)EDIT: Wait a sec, isn't this just for comic book fights? Ah, yes well... The Terminator's in some comics.
Post Edited:2007-06-30 00:19:53"

In the second one he killed him self he had no reason to be alive anymore he already killed the T-1000.

#33 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmm....let's see:

John Mclane: Killed by a bullet

Terminator: NOT killed by an exploding tanker truck.

Terminator wins, easy. If it's anything above T-800, it's a slaughter.

#34 Posted by SeanAKAMisery (1860 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"Hmmm....let's see:John Mclane: Killed by a bulletTerminator: NOT killed by an exploding tanker truck.Terminator wins, easy. If it's anything above T-800, it's a slaughter."

Even T-800 would annihilate him John is just a human nothing more his weapons wont even hurt the Terminator.

#35 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Exactly.

#36 Posted by batkevin74 (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice idea, let's see if it flies 4yrs after first written

If done well this would make a great comic, movie is out coz both Bruce & Arnie are now pushing 150 :)

But try this scenario: Terminator goes back to Feb 1991 looking for John McClane Jr who in the future will be John Connor's field commander when the war comes. After failing to kill Sarah Connor and just before the reprogramming by John, Skynet sends The Terminator back to knock off John. The only problem is his yippie-kay-yay-mofo-ing dad Detective John McClane who is awesome when he's in a tight spot but an absolute animal when you threaten his family

Terminator Vs John McClane....Go!

#37 Posted by Dernman (15474 posts) - - Show Bio

Is it with or without shoes?

#38 Posted by batkevin74 (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dernman: Let's say he starts with shoes. Not sure if that's an advantage or disadvantage coz he did some of his best work shoeless

#39 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: I don't think that it would take John to long to figure out that bullets are bouncing off the big leather jacket wearing dude with the accent. In which case He would find other solutions. The Terminator is much to slow, and only killed the people it did because they chose to stand and fight. Beside's, the movie's have two human's killing Him off, a security task force shooting off half His face (this is the second) And needing a motorcycle to chase down the T-1000, who I believe is faster and more agile and who would most certainly win.

#40 Posted by Fetts (4518 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it depends on the weaponry for both Terminator and McClane. But I could see McClane winning this actually.

#41 Posted by batkevin74 (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

In the Terminator, Arnie uses all these weapons: an Imi Uzi, AMT Hardballer .45 Longslide,Smith & Wesson Model 15, Franchi SPAS-12 shotgun, Ithaca 37 shotgun, AR-13. Being a sensible cyborg he stopped off at a gun shop and loaded up. Say for all intents & purposes he does the same this time when going after McClane Jr. Bruce gets his Beretta 92 pistol and he'll probably use what Arnie's got during the fight as well or improvise, he's good at that

#42 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shrek said:

John McClane would win for shure.

#43 Posted by batkevin74 (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

The Terminator knocks on door of a New York apartment

John McClane answers the door, looking at him through the gap left by the chain

Terminator: John McClane

John: That's me pal

Terminator stands silently. Internally it runs a scan and comes up with inconclusive results

John: Look I just pulled a double shift. If you're going to waste my time

As John shuts the door, the Terminator's hand pulls it back open

John: I'm cop! You keep this shit up I'll shoot you holy $#!+!

John leaps aside as the Terminator brings up a shotgun and fires sending wood shards everywhere. John scrambles into the kitchen as the Terminator kicks in the door. John grabs a stool and knocks the gun down into the ground triggered another shot that tears up the carpet. McClane smashes the stool across the face. Wood splinters stick out of the Terminators face. The Terminator grabs McClane but the throat and throws him backwards into the living room. John hits the lounge chair and rolls with it as a shot rips through the old rickety frame

John: Did I bust you a few years ago?

John fumbled under the couch reaching for his backup gun

Terminator: You must be terminated!

Another shot rips through the poor protection clipping John in the shoulder. John yelled and popped up from behind his makeshift cover

John: I plan on dying another day!

McClane unloaded his Beretta into the centre mass of the massive man. Five shots in the chest, one in the neck and one in the chin. John looked in shock and amazement as the chin shot revealed smooth metal and also the large man hadn't so much as flinched

John: What the fuck are you?

Terminator: I am the future

The Terminator raised his weapon as John leapt out the nine storey window

#44 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (837 posts) - - Show Bio

That's gold...hang on I said that already on the fan-fic page. Um write more!

#45 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

The Terminator wins.

#46 Posted by BarelyAverage (1052 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

The Terminator wins.

Easily

#47 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (5893 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: lol dude you better finish this.

#48 Posted by batkevin74 (11154 posts) - - Show Bio

@Guardiandevil83: I'm working on it over in the fan-fic section. If I could draw...oh well I'll just write something so good that someone wants to draw it :)