Tenebrous vs. Tyrant

Rules:

Fight takes place in space

Tyrant and Tenebrous are at full power

who'd win?

#2 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrant in a tough battle

#3 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
Tyrant, but I'm not sure it would be such a tough fight, seeing that he is at full power.
#4 Posted by SgtRYNO (170 posts) - - Show Bio

tenebrous, because you cant defeat something that you were derived from, and tenebrous was a brother/on the same level as galactus.

#5 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@SgtRYNO said:
" tenebrous, because you cant defeat something that you were derived from, and tenebrous was a brother/on the same level as galactus. "

Completely false
#6 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Didnt Tenebrous AND Aegis lose to Silver Surfer alone?  That is seriously not Tyrant material.

#7 Posted by the creator (8559 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"Didnt Tenebrous AND Aegis lose to Silver Surfer alone?  That is seriously not Tyrant material. "

They only lost due to the energy at the location of the fight - something that the Surfer exploited. 
In a normal fight, he would have had no chance. 

Tyrant as full power was just fractionally less powerful than Galactus, as evidenced by Galactus subjugating Tyrant after a massive, extended battle. 
Tyrant for the win.
#8 Posted by SgtRYNO (170 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut: how so, tenebous was shown to be a proemial god on the same level as galactus. And tyrant is essentially just a lesser powered insane galactus.
#9 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight already pretty much happend just swap out Galactus with Tyrant at his peak, he should wipe the floor with Tenebrous, hell you should probably toss in Aegis.  
That way the Wonder Twins might stand a better chance.

#10 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldnt Galactus and Tenebrous be tied then?  I remember they had Galactus hog tied in Annihilation...he had to have lost at some point.

#11 Posted by Hellos (8838 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"Wouldnt Galactus and Tenebrous be tied then?  I remember they had Galactus hog tied in Annihilation...he had to have lost at some point. "

When Aegis showed up, otherwise he would have torn Tenebrous apart.
#12 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hellos said:

" @Klandicar said:

"Wouldnt Galactus and Tenebrous be tied then?  I remember they had Galactus hog tied in Annihilation...he had to have lost at some point. "
When Aegis showed up, otherwise he would have torn Tenebrous apart. "
I dont know man, I been studying the material and gotta change my diagnosis.  It says that each has power equal to Galactus.  It looked like Tenebrous was working him which allowed Aegis to get him from behind.  I dont think Tyrant can win this now since he is below Galactus, but Tenebrous is equal to Galactus.

#13 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
" @Hellos said:

" @Klandicar said:

I dont know man, I been studying the material and gotta change my diagnosis.  It says that each has power equal to Galactus.  It looked like Tenebrous was working him which allowed Aegis to get him from behind.  I dont think Tyrant can win this now since he is below Galactus, but Tenebrous is equal to Galactus.

"
If each had the power of Galactus, than Aegis wouldn't have been needed. Galactus' powers would have waned during the fight. We have no idea if Tenebrous' power level is the same way. But if Tenebrous had been equal to galactus, than Aegis wouldn't have been require based simply on the way the power of Galactus operates.
#14 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

If each had the power of Galactus, than Aegis wouldn't have been needed. Galactus' powers would have waned during the fight. We have no idea if Tenebrous' power level is the same way. But if Tenebrous had been equal to galactus, than Aegis wouldn't have been require based simply on the way the power of Galactus operates.  

Well, the scan says that each one of them is equivalent to a Galactus.  That's why the fight was so quick, Galactus got overwhelmed in a couple panels, he was fighting himself times two.  I really saw nothing in the scans that show Galactus beating Tenebrous, it looked the other way around before Aegis one shotted Galactus.
#15 Posted by forze (435 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"@Hellos said:

" @Klandicar said:

"

At the time when Galactus fought the proemial gods there were many of them who opposed Galactus.  At the time Galactus fought Tyrant, there was only Tyrant which matched Galactus in power.  Both Tyrant and Tenebrous fought Galactus when the Universe was young which means Galactus can eat a planet and it will sustained him for centuries.  So in reality, Galactus has to fight several Proemial Gods and they still lost.  In Tyrant's case, he did not get any help from several Galactus like beings.  So looking at that, I would have to say Tyrant wins this as he is closer to matching Galactus at full power versus the Proemial Gods at their prime.   
#16 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:
"

Well, the scan says that each one of them is equivalent to a Galactus.  That's why the fight was so quick, Galactus got overwhelmed in a couple panels, he was fighting himself times two.  I really saw nothing in the scans that show Galactus beating Tenebrous, it looked the other way around before Aegis one shotted Galactus. "
He was only "overwhelmed" when Aegis blindsided him. To any sane person, that doesn't sound like they have the power of Galactus. It's indicative of Tenebrous starting a fight that he couldn't finish without Aegis backing him up. They were also defeated by Silver Surfer. So which of them was equal to Galactus again?
#17 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

but that wasn't a full powered galactus to begin with. aegis and tereberus are both half the power of a full fed galactus. not saying that that was a weakened galactus either but he was standing his ground well. and don't forget surfer was there aiding galactus of the two. wich they both failed.

#18 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Ninja said:
" but that wasn't a full powered galactus to begin with. aegis and tereberus are both half the power of a full fed galactus. not saying that that was a weakened galactus either but he was standing his ground well. and don't forget surfer was there aiding galactus of the two. wich they both failed. "

What? When has this ever been stated?
#19 Posted by GhostPool (663 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrant
#20 Posted by Emerald_General_Jai (2306 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenebrous takes it. He's Big G's equal, even in those scans, he has Big G on the back-foot b4 he gets sneaked attacked by Aigies. I dnt think it'd be any kind of easy, but i can see him taking a strong majority from Tyrant. 

#21 Edited by forze (435 posts) - - Show Bio

K guys, this is pretty simple, if Tyrant fought Galactus one on one when Galactus was at full powah and made Galactus struggled in a prolonged fight.  While Tenebrous fought Galactus with all his buddies and still lost when they fought Galactus for the first time.  Would it make sense that Tyrant was more powerful than Tenebrous at full powah?  Just a thought, because next thing we know people will start arguing that 2 + 2  is 5.
#22 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Tenebrous takes it. He's Big G's equal, even in those scans, he has Big G on the back-foot b4 he gets sneaked attacked by Aigies. I dnt think it'd be any kind of easy, but i can see him taking a strong majority from Tyrant.  "
Thanos has knocked Galactus down before. Is he suddenly the equal of Galactus as well?
#23 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai said:
" Tenebrous takes it. He's Big G's equal, even in those scans, he has Big G on the back-foot b4 he gets sneaked attacked by Aigies. I dnt think it'd be any kind of easy, but i can see him taking a strong majority from Tyrant.  "
Thanos has knocked Galactus down before. Is he suddenly the equal of Galactus as well? "
depending on which galactus one is talking about. there has never been a full powered galactus. his energy drains faster than his energy can gains. @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
" but that wasn't a full powered galactus to begin with. aegis and tereberus are both half the power of a full fed galactus. not saying that that was a weakened galactus either but he was standing his ground well. and don't forget surfer was there aiding galactus of the two. wich they both failed. "
What? When has this ever been stated? "
both of these guys are not equal to galactus' full power. a full power galactus is theoretical. he has really only mainted a maximum of half that. and if aegis and terebrous can be in par in battle with one galactus then that means that they are half the power of a full fed galactus.
#24 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
It's quite simple. It wasn't. Besides, what most people overlook, is that the narrator on this case is unreliable.
#25 Posted by Ferro Vida (34227 posts) - - Show Bio

1) Ferro's pet peaves: When people call Galactus "Big G." It sounds too much like a nichname used by frat boys.

Tyrant wins.

#26 Posted by czarny_samael666 (16629 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrant was almost equal to Young Galactus (who was almost all the time in full power), Tenebrous was giving a good fight to current Galactus who was weaker for me. Because I think that Y Galan was more powerfull than current is, I am giving it too Tyrant.

#27 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

The narrator is unreliable?  So you think you could do a better job?  Listen pups, if the narrator says Tenebrous and Aegis are EACH as powerful as Galactus then that is how it is going to be.  Look at Tenebrous working Galactus over in the scans before Aegis interfered. I think its the darkness power, Galactus looks like he has trouble fighting an evil version of himself.  And ya know something else, just because they lost before doesnt mean they lost power wise, they could have lost to Galactus with prep or maybe Eternity bailed him out.  We really dont know the circumstances of their first defeat.  Their second defeat doesnt make sense either, Surfer got 1 shtoted by Aegis in those scans, he didnt beat them himself the second time. 

#28 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

The narrator is unreliable?  So you think you could do a better job?

Your ability for incomprehension, and distortion of what is being said is astonishing. There are several levels of narration. Now, I know that is impossible for you to understand, but I'll try and make this as simple as I can: the person stating Galactus' supposed equality with Aegis and Tenebrous was Extirpia, Annihilus' maid. Hardly an all knowing and encompassing narrator. As such, her ability to reliably inform us as to the power levels of beings of cosmic magnitude as Galactus, or the Proemial Gods, beings whose power, for all intends an purposes puzzles Thanos (yeah, the guy whose name you say means death but in truth it doesn't), a being infinitely superior to Exterpia in intellect, to a point where he cannot scientifically fully explain the origin of their power. And I am supposed to believe Exterpia, an insectoid, of all people,  would know if the Proemial Gods were equal to Galactus? Are we being serious here?
#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
actually thanos comes from the greek thanatos which means death
#30 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

" @Morpheus_: actually thanos comes from the greek thanatos which means death "

Thanos, in itself, as a word means nothing in the greek language. What the inspiration for his name was is irrelevant, since the word itself is meaningless.

And thanks for the tip. Seeing that I'm Greek, that observation offered me much insight.
#31 Posted by rbysjti (10690 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyrant
#32 Posted by joshmightbe (24091 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_:
tho its true the name thanos means nothing it was meant to cause people to assosiate him with death btw i didnt kno you were greek
#33 Posted by thegreat (187 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"@joshmightbe said:

Thanos, in itself, as a word means nothing in the greek language. What the inspiration for his name was is irrelevant, since the word itself is meaningless.

And thanks for the tip. Seeing that I'm Greek, that observation offered me much insight.
"

Hey morpheus, the concept of Tyrant has always made me confused. 
Galactus is not omnipotent, and so when he made Tyrant as powerful as him, would not that have weakened Galactus, and made him say around half of his power???? 
I don't know, I mean I know that the power cosmic is a virtually infinite source, but it just confuses me, could you please help me understand it a bit more?
#34 Edited by TheJuggernautpunch (6135 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenebrous .

#35 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe said:

" @Morpheus_: tho its true the name thanos means nothing it was meant to cause people to assosiate him with death btw i didnt kno you were greek "

That's fair enough, but associating him with something, and his name actually meaning that certain something is not the same thing.

You couldn't have known, I found the occurrence amusingly ironic. No problem at all.

#36 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio

Full-Powered Tyrant would probably win here
#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@thegreat said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@joshmightbe said:

"
Hey morpheus, the concept of Tyrant has always made me confused. Galactus is not omnipotent, and so when he made Tyrant as powerful as him, would not that have weakened Galactus, and made him say around half of his power???? I don't know, I mean I know that the power cosmic is a virtually infinite source, but it just confuses me, could you please help me understand it a bit more? "
 How much the creation of Tyrant weakened Galactus, is not known. Seeing that despite being said to be his equal, even back then, Galactus still prevailed against Tyrant, I would imagine that even if Galactus' power was depleted nearly in half after the creation of Tyrant, as you said, then the half of Galactus' strength proved (in action), to be sufficient for him to overcome the entirety of Tyrant's power, so Tyrant, while close to Galactus, wasn't actually created to be equal with him, in the true sense of the word. Generally speaking, info on Tyrant is very limited, seeing that he appeared only in 5-6 issues.

I'll post Tyrant's official entry for you to see, if that's OK.

#38 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Full-Powered Tyrant would probably win here "
Why hesitant?
#39 Posted by The Mjolnir Wielder (7906 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" Full-Powered Tyrant would probably win here "
Why hesitant? "

I still don't know what level Galactus was at when he first encountered Tyrant. It never indicated that he was at full power, although it didn't appear that he was weakened. However, didn't Silver Surfer take down Tenebrous?
#40 Posted by thegreat (187 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @thegreat said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"@joshmightbe said:

"
Hey morpheus, the concept of Tyrant has always made me confused. Galactus is not omnipotent, and so when he made Tyrant as powerful as him, would not that have weakened Galactus, and made him say around half of his power???? I don't know, I mean I know that the power cosmic is a virtually infinite source, but it just confuses me, could you please help me understand it a bit more? "
 How much the creation of Tyrant weakened Galactus, is not known. Seeing that despite being said to be his equal, even back then, Galactus still prevailed against Tyrant, I would imagine that even if Galactus' power was depleted nearly in half after the creation of Tyrant, as you said, then the half of Galactus' strength proved (in action), to be sufficient for him to overcome the entirety of Tyrant's power, so Tyrant, while close to Galactus, wasn't actually created to be equal with him, in the true sense of the word. Generally speaking, info on Tyrant is very limited, seeing that he appeared only in 5-6 issues.

I'll post Tyrant's official entry for you to see, if that's OK.

"

Thankyou very much. 

I believe that Galactus is downplayed alot when they want to big somebody up. They made him lose to rachel (phoenix), yet Quasar delt with her with one hand. Quasar was a match for the silver surfer and would hold his own due to shields against Galacts' beams. I find it an outrage when they say, such and such is on Galactus' level. none of these jokers are a match for the true power of Galactus. Though Tyrant was impressive. But if you look at things like that, Thanos is Galactus level, which is BS.
#41 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @joshmightbe said:

Thanos, in itself, as a word means nothing in the greek language. What the inspiration for his name was is irrelevant, since the word itslef is meaningless.

"
Don't be so arrogant.  How do you expect people to know that you are Greek?  Anyway, lets get back to Tenebrous of the Darkness.

You gotta read Annihilation well to understand how powerful Tenebrous really is.  Look what Thanos says about em.  See?  There are OTHER power sources of equal or greater, referring to Tenebrous and Aegis.

If they werent Galactus's equals then why is he practically begging Surfer to be his herald again?  He is getting weak in the knees knowing they escaped.

He needed to utilize power he doesnt even comprehend to imprison them.
Surfer questions him about why he is so desperate and Big G dodges the question.

Okay, so why is Tenebrous not equal to Galactus?  Barely anything is known about him, including how he got imprisoned.  I never even seen a low feat from Tenebrous, just him being equal to big G. 

#42 Edited by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Klandicar said:

" @Morpheus_ said:

" @joshmightbe said:

Thanos, in itself, as a word means nothing in the greek language. What the inspiration for his name was is irrelevant, since the word itslef is meaningless.

"
Don't be so arrogant.  How do you expect people to know that you are Greek?  Anyway, lets get back to Tenebrous of the Darkness."
The irony of this statement is overwhelming.

@Klandicar

said:

"

You gotta read Annihilation well to understand how powerful Tenebrous really is.  Look what Thanos says about em.  See?  There are OTHER power sources of equal or greater, referring to Tenebrous and Aegis.

"

Thanks for the tip. I advise you do the same. Especially considering that Thanos never specified he was referring to the power of the Proemial Gods in his conversation with Annihilus. They were conversing about the applications of the power cosmic, and its true nature, which eventually concluded with Thanos forging a weapon in order to harness Galactus' cosmic power. It wasn't a comparison of power levels between Galactus and the Proemial Gods. Even, in the way you twist evidence we assume that was what Thanos meant, he could still imply that the combined might of the Proemial Gods surpasses Galactus at his current state. There is also a great possibility that Thanos is referring to the power of the Crunch, which actually spawned the Proemial Gods, a prediction which would actually ring true later on, when the Silver Surfer manipulated the Crunch to destroy Aegis and Tenebrous.
The Proemial Gods overwhelmed Galactus because he fought them two at a time. One on one, Galactus' fight against Tenebrous was balanced. The problem with Extirpia's narration however, is this. Galactus' power levels vary, sometimes vastly, depending on how well fed he is. When Extirpia said both Aegis and Tenebrous are of power equal to Galactus, there are many ways to interpret it. They could, individually be at the level of a moderately fed, or even a weakened Galactus, but obviously not a well fed, or nearly fully powered one. That of course, if we actually assume Extirpia’s narration is not flawed, in the first place. That is a thing to consider.

@Klandicar

said:

"
He needed to utilize power he doesnt even comprehend to imprison them.

"

The Kyln is not a power. It's a prison. Simply because Galactus used it to imprison them without being aware of the roots of Kyln architecture means nothing.

The rest are just meaningless, as per usual.

#43 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Ninja said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Emerald_General_Jai said:
Thanos has knocked Galactus down before. Is he suddenly the equal of Galactus as well? "
depending on which galactus one is talking about. there has never been a full powered galactus. his energy drains faster than his energy can gains. @Lance Uppercut said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
both of these guys are not equal to galactus' full power. a full power galactus is theoretical. he has really only mainted a maximum of half that. and if aegis and terebrous can be in par in battle with one galactus then that means that they are half the power of a full fed galactus. "
1. You didn't answer my question.

2. Once again, there was no indication of how well fed Galactus is. You're just reaching for things with no definitive proof.
#44 Posted by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, you guys say Galactus was weak when Tenebrous was roughing him up?  How do you know Tenebrous was full powered?  He was in prison for billions of years, he could have been malnourished himself and still has a respectable showing against Big G.  I think its safe to conclude that the author's word that they are equals is correct.

Look guys, Galactus put up a good fight, he gave it all he has got.  But we gotta acknowledge that even Big G has his limits and two beings with the same power as him is too much.  Look how long Surfer lasted against Aegis for an indication of how strong they are.  Look how Aegis basically one shotted Galactus from behind.  You really think if anyone else hit Galactus from behind he would go down like that?  

These two Gods  Aegis and Tenebrous really have no low showings and have shown nothing but equality yet you guys think Tyrant, who is weaker than Galactus, can somehow beat Tenebrous?  Heheh, now thats just wishful thinking.

#45 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

There was no indication of either the power levels of Tenebrous, Aegis, or Galactus. We have no idea how he imprisoned them, and we have no idea if he even fought them when he did so. the narrator doesn't say so, and the narrator isn't reliable. 

No low showings? I guess getting off by the Silver Surfer really doesn't count then?

#46 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
"

Your ability for incomprehension, and distortion of what is being said is astonishing. There are several levels of narration. Now, I know that is impossible for you to understand, but I'll try and make this as simple as I can: the person stating Galactus' supposed equality with Aegis and Tenebrous was Extirpia, Annihilus' maid. Hardly an all knowing and encompassing narrator. As such, her ability to reliably inform us as to the power levels of beings of cosmic magnitude as Galactus, or the Proemial Gods, beings whose power, for all intends an purposes puzzles Thanos (yeah, the guy whose name you say means death but in truth it doesn't), a being infinitely superior to Exterpia in intellect, to a point where he cannot scientifically fully explain the origin of their power. And I am supposed to believe Exterpia, an insectoid, of all people,  would know if the Proemial Gods were equal to Galactus? Are we being serious here?
"
however the case, the narration was printed so therefore fact no matter how we rate the level of it. that's why we can only speculate in comics. look, a closely full powered galactus lost to cyttoraks too so at least we can speculate that galactus level of power is limited to only the power cosmics. terebrous is darkness but we can only speculate that is close or if not higher of a level to at least be in par with the big g. tryant on the other hand is really nothing without the cosmic spheres, that's the thing that really puts him in the advantage against a normal rested galactus.
#47 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:
" There was no indication of either the power levels of Tenebrous, Aegis, or Galactus. We have no idea how he imprisoned them, and we have no idea if he even fought them when he did so. the narrator doesn't say so, and the narrator isn't reliable.   No low showings? I guess getting off by the Silver Surfer really doesn't count then? "

Haven't you heard? Only showings that suit our case are eligible now. I suggest we both start debating like that, we will never become big dogs otherwise.

@Grand Ninja said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"

"
however the case, the narration was printed so therefore fact no matter how we rate the level of it. that's why we can only speculate in comics. look, a closely full powered galactus lost to cyttoraks too so at least we can speculate that galactus level of power is limited to only the power cosmics. terebrous is darkness but we can only speculate that is close or if not higher of a level to at least be in par with the big g. tryant on the other hand is really nothing without the cosmic spheres, that's the thing that really puts him in the advantage against a normal rested galactus. "

He lost within the Crimson Cosmos. Not in a neutral dimension, IIRC, so the example is irrelevant. Besides, Galactus has been plagued by PIS, and losing to beings far inferior to him in the past, but his feats are also there, for us to have a decent measure of his power, and when Galactus is indeed portrayed as he should be, he is a force to be reckoned with. Tenebrous on the other hands has hardly any feats for us to be certain of his power levels. Most of what we know, derives from what was stated from others, narrators, or not. That's not enough for me to place him as equal to Galactus. We may as well place Fallen One above Silver Surfer too, because the Nova Corps Files said so, then.
#48 Edited by Klandicar (2471 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Uppercut said:

" There was no indication of either the power levels of Tenebrous, Aegis, or Galactus. We have no idea how he imprisoned them, and we have no idea if he even fought them when he did so. the narrator doesn't say so, and the narrator isn't reliable.   No low showings? I guess getting off by the Silver Surfer really doesn't count then? "

Would you like to retract your statement about Surfer being able to beat either of them?  He couldnt even beat Aegis's hand.  And Tenebrous was overwhelming Galactus on his own so they are obviously on par with each other. 
Aegis checking her hand for a broken nail apparently...
#49 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio
@Morpheus_ said:
" @Lance Uppercut said:

Haven't you heard? Only showings that suit our case are eligible now. I suggest we both start debating like that, we will never become big dogs otherwise.

@Grand Ninja said:
" @Morpheus_ said:
"

"
however the case, the narration was printed so therefore fact no matter how we rate the level of it. that's why we can only speculate in comics. look, a closely full powered galactus lost to cyttoraks too so at least we can speculate that galactus level of power is limited to only the power cosmics. terebrous is darkness but we can only speculate that is close or if not higher of a level to at least be in par with the big g. tryant on the other hand is really nothing without the cosmic spheres, that's the thing that really puts him in the advantage against a normal rested galactus. "

He lost within the Crimson Cosmos. Not in a neutral dimension, IIRC, so the example is irrelevant. Besides, Galactus has been plagued by PIS, and losing to beings far inferior to him in the past, but his feats are also there, for us to have a decent measure of his power, and when Galactus is indeed portrayed as he should be, he is a force to be reckoned with. Tenebrous on the other hands has hardly any feats for us to be certain of his power levels. Most of what we know, derives from what was stated from others, narrators, or not. That's not enough for me to place him as equal to Galactus. We may as well place Fallen One above Silver Surfer too, because the Nova Corps Files said so, then. "
the crimson cosmos may not be relevant, but the bigger point is. which is, how could a ready to battle galactus allow himself in the neutral space be captured and bound into the crimson cosmos. if he had the power, he could have prevented it some way or another. besides, he caught up in it with other cosmics and strange i wouldn't call that PIS. the PIS was handed in the favor of the team to defeat cyttorak.

anyway, ur right. we don't really know anything about terebrous. we had over 30 years of understanding galactus though but that understanding is all speculation as well.
#50 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio
@Grand Ninja said:

"the crimson cosmos may not be relevant, but the bigger point is. which is, how could a ready to battle galactus allow himself in the neutral space be captured and bound into the crimson cosmos. if he had the power, he could have prevented it some way or another. besides, he caught up in it with other cosmics and strange i wouldn't call that PIS. the PIS was handed in the favor of the team to defeat cyttorak.  anyway, ur right. we don't really know anything about terebrous. we had over 30 years of understanding galactus though but that understanding is all speculation as well. "

Actually, I didn't call the occasion you named PIS, so you just typed all that without reading carefully. But Galactus, by default, cannot be near full power at current times. Even if he could, his power levels deplete too fast, in comparison to what he once was, hence the need to consume planets with a far greater ratio than in the past. That was stated in Godhunter, fairly recently, as well.

I can't see how everything concerning Galactus is speculation. Tenebrous appeared in less than 10 issues. Galactus has been around since 1966. It is only natural that we can gauge his power far more accurately.