• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

So like the title says Tenchi is invading the DB univers.

Rules:

Everyone is at their strongest

No bfr

Gogeta and Vegito can exist in the same universe for the sake of this battle. Also this is only Super saiyan Gogeta

DBZ movie characters are also in this battle.

Everyone is bloodlusted

No prep

#2 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder:

Kami Tench or just Tenchi?

#3 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker: Tenchi from the Tenchi Muyo series and its various spinoffs at his strongest

#4 Posted by slacker the hacker (7835 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

@slacker the hacker: Tenchi from the Tenchi Muyo series and its various spinoffs at his strongest

Then I believe this is a spite thread. Tenchi at his strongest is omnipotent so I've heard.

#5 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@slacker the hacker said:

Then I believe this is a spite thread. Tenchi at his strongest is omnipotent so I've heard.

It's what ive heard as well but I want to see what some DBZ fans think

#6 Edited by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

DBZ has no omnipotents, the only cosmic power is Shenron but he's gimped for plot reasons. Sooo how omnipotent is this guy?

#7 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

DBZ has no omnipotents, the only cosmic power is Shenron but he's gimped for plot reasons. Sooo how omnipotent is this guy?

Well the essiental plot was that Tenchi was a god who wanted to experience life as a human or something like that.

#8 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Well the essiental plot was that Tenchi was a god who wanted to experience life as a human or something like that.

Ok but is his human host omnipotent? or just the god himself?

Or is either truly omnipotent?

what are any character in the series best feats?

#9 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhh wait I have seen this, weirdest show ever.Still dont know all good feats though.

#10 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, there are no actual omnipotent beings in DBZ except for maybe Majin Buu and the kai's, or the magical dragons... But that's pushing it. All of them have limitations that many other omnipotent fictional beings do not have.

#11 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Well you know how most DBZ fans love tossing the fact the Roshi blew up the moon with a power level of 180, well a character named Z blew of a huge portion of the moon(it was a full moon and he turned it crescent) simply by motioning his hand backwards and that's nowhere near tenchi at his strongest

#12 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

tenchi turned into god dude He'd wreck the DBZ universe

#13 Edited by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX:@Man_of_Miracles: in the anime there is a hierarchy of gods and in tenchi muyo ryo oki it is shown that they have basically power over time and space and it was also shown that in this hierarchy he is the strongest god

#14 Posted by protectyournose (908 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

DBZ Would wreck the tenchi universe

fixed/

#15 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@protectyournose: how tenchi is a god with control over time and space

#16 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate abstract theoretical arguments. And that's the only kind of argument that can reasonably be made in a battle like this. First off, are GT characters in this battle? saying DB universe is a little vague. Whatever, I'll just make arguments for both separately.

DBZ argument: Super Buu nearly destroyed the cosmos, as stated by Old Kai, it would have happened if not for Vegito. Even base form Vegito was curbstomping Super Buu. And by the end of Z, Goku gets at least 400 times stronger. So I would say Super Saiyan Vegito can easily wipe out the entire cosmos, (in other words, existence itself) what would happen after existence is wiped out? Who knows, hence the abstract part. Could Tenchi survive existence not existing? How about Vegito?

It's difficult to even think of a battle like this in terms that would be remotely correct, as the concept of omnipotence and reality without existence is a little beyond the ken of Humans and our limited understanding of the universe.

DBGT argument: Goku appears to have some level of omnipotence after absorbing 6 of the 7 Dragon Balls. Based on his appearances 100 years later, it's safe to say he's transcended death in some way. End of GT is certainly getting past Super Buu levels of power for unfused characters, so theoretically Goku could probably destroy the cosmos as easily as Vegito, if not more so. Since the fusion earrings are x*y instead of x+y like the fusion dance, if end of GT Goku fused with end of GT Vegeta and made SS4 Vegito post Dragon Ball absorption, I believe that would certainly cross over into omnipotence, if Goku wasn't there already. The universe was after all made by someone with a power level of only 120 billion. :)

Either way, putting omnipotence vs omnipotence or omnipotence vs infinite destruction, is unquantifiable and undefined. It's like a mathematically equation where you end up with something like 2=5, it's an inconsistent independent system.

Personal opinion: The following is my personal opinion, not an argument. I don't believe omnipotence exists. I think things can become so powerful that ordinary people would think of them as omnipotent, but I believe a big enough hit will kill anything. When I decide for myself which "omnipotent" would win in a fight, I like to base it on actual showings, bonus points if said character used to not be "omnipotent" as that way you can see a progression of the character's power. Basically, I like to think of it in terms of a giant number line. I believe when it gets to a certain point, most people would just label it as (x,∞), when in fact it should just go to an extremely high number, not infinity. In the case of Goku, (I'm not going to comment on Tenchi specifically, since I don't know his pre omnipotent feats) I believe his ability to destroy was already at an omnipotent level at the end of Z. 400 Times stronger than Kid Buu puts him at least equal to Super Buu in my mind. So getting stronger than that, is essentially an infinity+ level to me. And I believe that Goku, (or Gogeta/Vegito if you wish, though of course they're just Goku with stuff added on) is more powerful than any character that doesn't show the same kind of multiplicative scaling that he does, past "omnipotence".

Disclaimer: I'm not going to take arguing in this thread super seriously, as I believe there's little point, and I doubt I will convince many, if any people of my point of view. There's not many places for an argument like this to go really, I've tried them before. They always end up as philosophical discussions of the unquantifiable, which is fun in a limited sense, but not something I enjoy extended vigorous back and forth on.

#17 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: tenchi is the strongest god amongst a hierarchy of gods and all the other gods seem to have complete control overtime and space so tenchi wins end of story

#18 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@Laurcus: tenchi is the strongest god amongst a hierarchy of gods and all the other gods seem to have complete control overtime and space so tenchi wins end of story

It's because of replies like that that I said I won't take this thread super seriously.

#19 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@Laurcus: well if you can make a case besides the usual DBZ fanboy case then please do but the argument you posted before was just assumption and conjecture

#20 Posted by XImpossibruX (5171 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@Laurcus: well if you can make a case besides the usual DBZ fanboy case then please do but the argument you posted before was just assumption and conjecture

This entire debate is all assumptions..... seriously Universe vs Someone fights are all assumptions.

#21 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

If you're gonna call power scaling assumption and conjecture then I don't have much to say to you.

Though if you insist, I will make a brief counter argument. The Grand Supreme Kai was the strongest god in a hierarchy of gods, and he created all of existence in the 100 million before age. He was killed by Majin Buu. Early Buu saga Goku would pimp slap him around in base form with no difficulty. There, I put as much effort into my argument as you did for your own.

#22 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5440 posts) - - Show Bio

Kami Tenchi soloes

#23 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol at Vegito being able to wipe out existence.

#24 Posted by Man_of_Miracles (1525 posts) - - Show Bio

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Well you know how most DBZ fans love tossing the fact the Roshi blew up the moon with a power level of 180, well a character named Z blew of a huge portion of the moon(it was a full moon and he turned it crescent) simply by motioning his hand backwards and that's nowhere near tenchi at his strongest

Ok, isn't Z Tenchi's arch nemesis in the show? or one of?

Also, what is the best destructive feat?

Do they warp reality/time/space?

If so to what extent?

#25 Posted by terry2012 (5071 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenchi wins

#26 Posted by terry2012 (5071 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenchi wins

#27 Posted by CountofMC (131 posts) - - Show Bio

What are Tenchi's best feats?

#28 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11264 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenchi has his strongest? He's God at his strongest level.

#29 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

Tenchi has his strongest? He's God at his strongest level.

this. It's a terrible mismatch of a thread.

Actually: Tenchi(Kami)>Counter-actor>the 3 chousen

1 chousen is a reality controlling god

#30 Posted by Dextersinister (5972 posts) - - Show Bio

If they leave Tenchi alone for 5 mins he will die from boredom under his own company, guy had the personality of a sandbag with a smiley face drawn on it..

#31 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a horrible mismatch Tenchi solostomps the dbverse. This comming from a hardcore DBZ fangirl.

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

so what, I can easily talk about vegeta or frieza destroying planets and power scale calculate aas much as I want. strongest buu can regenerate from anything, and open dimention doors, and almost killed everyone in the physical and spiritual world.

That does not change the fact that Light-Hawk wings work basically, by bending the laws of nature, and have proven to be able to convert any energy attack to harmless energy, so ki blasts are useless, and blunt force is not doing much in that verse. Human Tenchi has more than one of those.

DBZ is just a world of fighters nothing more.

A much better matchup would be Tenchi Masaki VS Lina Inverse since they both channel an Omnipotent.

#32 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@No_Trolling said:

Lol at Vegito being able to wipe out existence.

Where did you read that? Your name sometime contradicts what you posts, it's like you only show up every once and a while to post something dumb then disappear again.

#33 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

This is a horrible mismatch Tenchi solostomps the dbverse. This comming from a hardcore DBZ fangirl.

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

so what, I can easily talk about vegeta or frieza destroying planets and power scale calculate aas much as I want. strongest buu can regenerate from anything, and open dimention doors, and almost killed everyone in the physical and spiritual world.

That does not change the fact that Light-Hawk wings work basically, by bending the laws of nature, and have proven to be able to convert any energy attack to harmless energy, so ki blasts are useless, and blunt force is not doing much in that verse. Human Tenchi has more than one of those.

A much better matchup would be Tenchi Masaki VS Lina Inverse since they both channel an Omnipotent.

Human Tenchi has more than one of what?

#34 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik: Shinron control time and Space ... duh.

#35 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Shenron can't control space and time, he could'nt even turn 18 back into a human

#36 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: Shenron can't control space and time, he could'nt even turn 18 back into a human

cause he dint want to. He is like a Genie and had rules on what he could and couldnt do. Plus he agreed she looked sexier as a ageless bot. Still has Reality level powers on a Universe scale.

#37 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

This is true only to earth's Shenron. There are other more powerfull DB dragons. The red one is most powerfull: http://www.animevice.com/ultimate-shenron/18-34444/

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Light Hawk wings, lol:

#38 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually you want to get real this guy is more powerful than Tenchi.

He sits on his Toilet all day crapping Universe Realit Warping Dragon Balls that grant 3 wishes.

This guy alone wrecks Tenchi verse lol.

#39 Posted by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@eippihrellik said:

This entire debate is all assumptions..... seriously Universe vs Someone fights are all assumptions.

This.

They should be banned ;like on animvice.

there are too many variables in a verse battle as it is.

#40 Posted by eippihrellik (271 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2: lol that would be hilarious if he actually crapped them out

#41 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@eippihrellik said:

@CadenceV2: lol that would be hilarious if he actually crapped them out

Whats really hilarious is seeing Nail with Gloves pulling them out LOL

#42 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

This is true only to earth's Shenron. There are other more powerfull DB dragons. The red one is most powerfull: http://www.animevice.com/ultimate-shenron/18-34444/

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Light Hawk wings, lol:

lol and the red one isn't cannon. Not only that but his existence creates more plotholes then he's worth

#43 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

cause he dint want to. He is like a Genie and had rules on what he could and couldnt do. Plus he agreed she looked sexier as a ageless bot. Still has Reality level powers on a Universe scale.

It's not that he had rules, it's more like he was limited in power. King Piccolo destroyed a shenron and Goku refused shenron on more than one occasion.

#44 Edited by Abirzenith (138 posts) - - Show Bio

How can someone, dbz universe or not beat an omnipotent being ?  only way this can even be a battle if dbz characters call shenron and wish goku to be omnipotent as well :P!  then it would be a stalemate !  lol ! 

#45 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@redbird3rdboywonder:

Namek Shenron had NO RULES or LIMITATIONS as to the Earth dragon. Also grants 3 wishes to earths 1 wish.

Thought ya should know.

#46 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@redbird3rdboywonder:

Namek Shenron had NO RULES or LIMITATIONS as to the Earth dragon. Also grants 3 wishes to earths 1 wish.

Thought ya should know.

I know all about Porunga and he is not the Namek shenron since he existed first. Shenron would be an Earth imitatiion of him that's weaker

#47 Edited by Killer_of_trolls (1852 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Killer_of_trolls said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Light Hawk wings, lol:

lol and the red one isn't cannon. Not only that but his existence creates more plotholes then he's worth

I know he isn't, just thought of putting it out there. Well, Porunga is canon, and he was stated to be more powerful than Shenron, and preceded him.

EDIT: @CadenceV2:

Actually,You are wrong he does have limits.

@CadenceV2 said:

@redbird3rdboywonder:

Thought ya should know.

Porunga's only limit after his upgrade is his original creator's(Guru) powers, meaning he cannot exceed them. Before Porunga had the ability to bring only one person back to life however he could bring the person back multiple times if requested while Shenron can bring back a number an unspecified number of people as long as their deaths were under similiar circumstances but could only bring each specific individual once, and as long as their deaths weren't of natural causes. Much later Porunga's power is increased by Moori to bring back as many lives as needed. Being the original wish granting dragon, Porunga is more powerful than Shenron.

#48 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3954 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killer_of_trolls: Yeah I know. I'd actually just posted that before you responded but there are two Porungas you know. There's the Porunga who was created by the Grand Elder that disappeared with him and theres the Porunga that his successsor created. Just like the Shenron Dende created is seperate from the one that was connected to Kami and Piccolo.

#49 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@redbird3rdboywonder:

Thought ya should know.

I know all about Porunga and he is not the Namek shenron since he existed first. Shenron would be an Earth imitatiion of him that's weaker

Well duh. Anyone who watches DBZ knows that the Eldest Namek created Porunga first and Porunga is Superior to Kami's Shenron.

Whats your point?

#50 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16713 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is this guy?

I have never seen people seriously discussing anyone vs dbz universe.. These threads are generally made by fanboys, but this doesn't seem like it.

So, who is this tenchi? what are his powers? what anime/manga/comic/movie/novel/book he is from?