Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By velle37
Tempest

VS 

Storm

They fight in Wakanda......  

They start 50 feet apart, morals on, win by incapacitation or KO, the battle area is a very moist area......

What happens?......
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

How close are they at the start of the battle? Any prep? Anything on his flight speed?

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By velle37
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

How close are they at the start of the battle? Any prep? Anything on his flight speed?

"

I know he can fly, but i've never sean a speed feat by him.... So probably not as fast as Storm....

And they start the fight 1 inch from each other...... 

I mean..... they start the fight at a reasonable distance apart.... say........ 100 feet...... 

No prep, they must learn who they are fighting as the battle progresses..... and adapt.........
BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlessedbyHorus

Hmmm

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By velle37
@King-Stranglehold da first said:
"Hmmm "

What?
OldIdiotAccount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#6  Edited By OldIdiotAccount

Tempest. Spite.

Tesseract

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tesseract

Tempest.

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By velle37
@Fortanono said:
"Tempest. Spite. "

How is this spite?
brharri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By brharri

Tempest

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
I know he can fly, but i've never sean a speed feat by him.... So probably not as fast as Storm.... And they start the fight 1 inch from each other......  ....  I mean..... they start the fight at a reasonable distance apart.... say........ 100 feet......  No prep, they must learn who they are fighting as the battle progresses..... and adapt......... "

Thanks. Does his being out of water (fight taking place in Wakanda) effect his durability?I am trying to determine if there is a defense to be made for Storm, if any, and I don't know much about Tempest outside of what is on his vine wiki page. How high is his durability?
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By velle37
@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
I know he can fly, but i've never sean a speed feat by him.... So probably not as fast as Storm.... And they start the fight 1 inch from each other......  ....  I mean..... they start the fight at a reasonable distance apart.... say........ 100 feet......  No prep, they must learn who they are fighting as the battle progresses..... and adapt......... "
Thanks. Does his being out of water (fight taking place in Wakanda) effect his durability?I am trying to determine if there is a defense to be made for Storm, if any, and I don't know much about Tempest outside of what is on his vine wiki page. How high is his durability? "

He has high durability. I'd put it near Aquaman's (who can withstand artillery gun fire), but he's probably a little less. His strength is about 8 tons. 

Storm still has speed advantage as she can go supersonic, I've never seen Tempest do this. Plus Storm can cause a lightning storm. this in conjunction with the fact that Tempest is amphibious and is filled with kind of fluid for bouyancy can make him a good conductor. 

Not to mention Storm can manipulate the entire atmosphere and even control the air in Garth's lungs.... She's even made herself transparent and invisible by manipulating the mousture in the air to bend light.... 

She can summon hurricanes and tornadoes, and winds powerful enough to obliterate the top of a mountain....

She's also a skilled hand to hand fighter, and is highly resistant to telepathy... Her profile says she has fought off the combined efforts of Xavier, psylocke, and Oracle with sheer force of will. and can also use lightning to scramble psionics..... 

Xavier, Jean, Emma, and Rachel have all found it difficult to probe deep into Storms mind if unwanted...

Idk why everyone thinks this is a stomp for Tempest... Sorcery?......
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
Thanks. Does his being out of water (fight taking place in Wakanda) effect his durability?I am trying to determine if there is a defense to be made for Storm, if any, and I don't know much about Tempest outside of what is on his vine wiki page. How high is his durability? "
He has high durability. I'd put it near Aquaman's (who can withstand artillery gun fire), but he's probably a little less. His strength is about 8 tons.  Storm still has speed advantage as she can go supersonic, I've never seen Tempest do this. Plus Storm can cause a lightning storm. this in conjunction with the fact that Tempest is amphibious and is filled with kind of fluid for bouyancy can make him a good conductor.  Not to mention Storm can manipulate the entire atmosphere and even control the air in Garth's lungs.... She's even made herself transparent and invisible by manipulating the mousture in the air to bend light....  She can summon hurricanes and tornadoes, and winds powerful enough to obliterate the top of a mountain....  She's also a skilled hand to hand fighter, and is highly resistant to telepathy... Her profile says she has fought off the combined efforts of Xavier, psylocke, and Oracle with sheer force of will. and can also use lightning to scramble psionics.....  Xavier, Jean, Emma, and Rachel have all found it difficult to probe deep into Storms mind if unwanted...Idk why everyone thinks this is a stomp for Tempest... Sorcery?...... "
No.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
He has high durability. I'd put it near Aquaman's (who can withstand artillery gun fire), but he's probably a little less. His strength is about 8 tons.  Storm still has speed advantage as she can go supersonic, I've never seen Tempest do this. Plus Storm can cause a lightning storm. this in conjunction with the fact that Tempest is amphibious and is filled with kind of fluid for bouyancy can make him a good conductor.  Not to mention Storm can manipulate the entire atmosphere and even control the air in Garth's lungs.... She's even made herself transparent and invisible by manipulating the mousture in the air to bend light....  She can summon hurricanes and tornadoes, and winds powerful enough to obliterate the top of a mountain....  She's also a skilled hand to hand fighter, and is highly resistant to telepathy... Her profile says she has fought off the combined efforts of Xavier, psylocke, and Oracle with sheer force of will. and can also use lightning to scramble psionics.....  Xavier, Jean, Emma, and Rachel have all found it difficult to probe deep into Storms mind if unwanted...Idk why everyone thinks this is a stomp for Tempest... Sorcery?...... "
No. "

Why did you say no? Her profile says she flies at speed only jets can match... 

Supersonic.....
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
No. "
Why did you say no? Her profile says she flies at speed only jets can match...  Supersonic..... "
I know. I wrote it. Her top speed is 300mph(her own personal jetstream).
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
No. "
Why did you say no? Her profile says she flies at speed only jets can match...  Supersonic..... "
I know. I wrote it. Her top speed is 300mph(her own personal jetstream). "

Then why did you say no...... 

If you wrote it?............
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JCJQLB

Tempest would win... Easily!

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Achilles.

Tempest

velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By velle37
@JCJQLB said:
"Tempest would win... Easily! "

How?
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By JCJQLB
@velle37: Because Storm sucks! :O
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By velle37
@JCJQLB said:
" @velle37: Because Storm sucks! :O "

Really now? Why do you say this?
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By JCJQLB
@velle37: Because she sucks ;D plus Tempest is more powerful than her!
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By velle37
@JCJQLB said:
" @velle37: Because she sucks ;D plus Tempest is more powerful than her! "

Why do you not like storm? 

Also i disagree with Tempest being more powerful than Storm
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JCJQLB
@velle37: I just don't like her! Everybody says "She's the most powerful and most known woman in Marvel Universe" but she isn't... She has too many fan boys and forum threads.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By velle37
@JCJQLB said:
" @velle37: I just don't like her! Everybody says "She's the most powerful and most known woman in Marvel Universe" but she isn't... She has too many fan boys and forum threads. "

I see. So you hate her because fanboys have turned you off to her?
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By JCJQLB
@velle37: Basically! I was a huge fan of her but now....
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@JCJQLB:
You really shouldn't let Fanboy's ruin a good character for you just ignore them and laugh at there comments
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By blade hunter
@velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
How? "
because storm cant really hurt garth.
JCJQLB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By JCJQLB
@The Umbra Sorcerer: Thanks!
Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@JCJQLB:
No Problem
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By velle37
@JCJQLB said:
" @velle37: Basically! I was a huge fan of her but now.... "

Well, why not try to ignore them..... And think unbiasedly.... 

Storm has control over the entire atmospheric pressure temperature and humidity...... (like Iceman)... And also controls the air in Tempest's lungs....... 

So how does Tempest stand up to be asphyxiated, while getting fried by an ungodly amount of voltage, while getting hit by 700+ mph winds in a blizzard?.... 

Storm can flash freeze him or ice the entire environment...... 

Tempest can freeze Storm too... But she is immune to temp/pressure/weather changes as part of her mutant power, so would be relatively uunfazed, since she goes thorugh (and creeates) extreme weather conditions daily....... 

She can even heat up the environment to dehydrate Tempest, which would weaken him considerably......... 

His main advantage is his prodigous sorcery.......
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By velle37
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
"@JCJQLB: You really shouldn't let Fanboy's ruin a good character for you just ignore them and laugh at there comments "

Well said. 

@blade hunter
said:
" @velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
How? "
because storm cant really hurt garth. "

Please explain.
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blade hunter
@velle37 said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
"@JCJQLB: You really shouldn't let Fanboy's ruin a good character for you just ignore them and laugh at there comments "

Well said. 

@blade hunter
said:
" @velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
How? "
Please explain. "
go on whats she goin to do to a bloke who can do what she can do but to a greater extent.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 
Because she can't go supersonic.
blade hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blade hunter
@velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
Well, why not try to ignore them..... And think unbiasedly....  Storm has control over the entire atmospheric pressure temperature and humidity...... (like Iceman)... And also controls the air in Tempest's lungs.......  So how does Tempest stand up to be asphyxiated, while getting fried by an ungodly amount of voltage, while getting hit by 700+ mph winds in a blizzard?....  Storm can flash freeze him or ice the entire environment......  Tempest can freeze Storm too... But she is immune to temp/pressure/weather changes as part of her mutant power, so would be relatively uunfazed, since she goes thorugh (and creeates) extreme weather conditions daily.......  She can even heat up the environment to dehydrate Tempest, which would weaken him considerably.........  His main advantage is his prodigous sorcery....... "
mate do you're research on Garth then come back.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 
Because she can't go supersonic. "

Then you should change her profile Info, because someone said she could. 

@blade hunter said:
" @velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
Well, why not try to ignore them..... And think unbiasedly....  Storm has control over the entire atmospheric pressure temperature and humidity...... (like Iceman)... And also controls the air in Tempest's lungs.......  So how does Tempest stand up to be asphyxiated, while getting fried by an ungodly amount of voltage, while getting hit by 700+ mph winds in a blizzard?....  Storm can flash freeze him or ice the entire environment......  Tempest can freeze Storm too... But she is immune to temp/pressure/weather changes as part of her mutant power, so would be relatively uunfazed, since she goes thorugh (and creeates) extreme weather conditions daily.......  She can even heat up the environment to dehydrate Tempest, which would weaken him considerably.........  His main advantage is his prodigous sorcery....... "
mate do you're research on Garth then come back. "

Just post a response. 

I've looked at his profile and read him in stories, and have seen him do some pretty cool stuff. 

I have also seen Vandal Savage electrocute the hell out of him with a livewire and piss off the rest of the Outsiders (especially Roy) because they thought he was dead.

@blade hunter
said:
" @velle37 said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:

Well said. 

@blade hunter
said:
" @velle37 said:
" @JCJQLB said:
How? "
Please explain. "
go on whats she goin to do to a bloke who can do what she can do but to a greater extent. "

Tempest can't summon lightning, or conjure a tornado/hurricane, or cause a full scale blizzard. 

Tempest cant' fly as fast as Storm. 

Storm has MA skills. 

Tempest has never manipulated the entire climate. 

Tempest has high durability, telekinesis, and magical blasts at his disposal. 

He does not "do what Storm can do but to a greater extent." 

Explain how Garth is invincible and invunerable.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

Not really. The average jet only goes 300-500mph(when she uses her own jetstream to achieve flight she can move at about 450mph) Supersonic would require her to reach speeds of 760mph or above.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

Not really. The average jet only goes 300-500mph(when she uses her own jetstream to achieve flight she can move at about 450mph) Supersonic would require her to reach speeds of 760mph or above. "

Moving at speeds that only jets can match would be supersonic. Because there are cars that go 300, and there was a car that broke the ground level sound barrier at 600-700 something. 

If only a jet can match it, no other vehicle should be able to. So she would be able to go the air level speed of sound and beyond. Supersonic.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 

there was a car that broke the ground level sound barrier at 600-700 something.

By "car" you mean............... this

If only a jet can match it, no other vehicle should be able to. So she would be able to go the air level speed of sound and beyond. Supersonic. 

The "car" you mentioned was jet propelled. So technically a "jet" did reach those speeds.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#39  Edited By Roddy010
@Son Of Storm: But wait didn't Storm  traveled from Australia to the Savage Land in seconds (Uncanny Annual #12)....That would require her going hundreds of miles per hour maybe more...
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Son Of Storm
@Roddy010 said:
" @Son Of Storm: But wait didn't Storm  traveled from Australia to the Savage Land in seconds (Uncanny Annual #12)....That would require her going hundreds of miles per hour maybe more... "
Yes. But that is still within her normal power. The distance between Australia and Antarctica is a little more than 4,000 miles. So it is possible that she flew there by bending a larger portion of the jetstream . Though the speed was never given nor how she was able to actually pull it off.
Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Roddy010
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:
" @Son Of Storm: But wait didn't Storm  traveled from Australia to the Savage Land in seconds (Uncanny Annual #12)....That would require her going hundreds of miles per hour maybe more... "
Yes. But that is still within her normal power. The distance between Australia and Antarctica is a little more than 4,000 miles. So it is possible that she flew there by bending a larger portion of the jetstream . Though the speed was never given nor how she was able to actually pull it off. "
Yeah I can see your point....
THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"

Thanks. I am pretty well versed on Storm's abilities but I am not sure who takes it yet. So far, no one is posting any scans or feats of what Tempest could do outside of stating that Storm couldn't hurt him, but, from what you mentioned, his durability is not of such a level that he would not be effected by electricity or that he has a defense against her wind or temperature manipulation powers.    
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

The "car" you mentioned was jet propelled. So technically a "jet" did reach those speeds. "

Speeds that were supersonic. 

This "jet propelled car" broke the sound barrier, so what are you saying? Her profile is deceitful. Jets go supersonic. If the only vehicles that can match her speeds are jets then she should be in that range. If not her profile should state so. 

But this argument is pointless and on a trivial aspect of the battle. And so should cease.

@THUNDERBOLT30
said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"@velle37 said:
"@THUNDERBOLT30 said:
"

"
Thanks. I am pretty well versed on Storm's abilities but I am not sure who takes it yet. So far, no one is posting any scans or feats of what Tempest could do outside of stating that Storm couldn't hurt him, but, from what you mentioned, his durability is not of such a level that he would not be effected by electricity or that he has a defense against her wind or temperature manipulation powers.     "

He is durable from his body being suited to withstand the high pressure of deep water (something Storm can also do), he also has hydrokinesis, and so can manipulate and control the temperature of water. He is also proficient in sorcery, so has a small degree of pre-cog, telekinesis, magical blasts, and other magical abilities. 

But he was taken out effortlessly by Superman with one finger. Simply speed and a pressure point attack. 

He was also severely injured when Vandal Savage electrocuted him with a severed cable wire................. And Storm can generate much more voltage than that. 

So yes Tempest is vunerable to martial arts, electricity, and possibly sheer force if someone can generate it. Being barraged in a hailstorm wouldn't be pleasant. Tempest could offset some of the blizzard with his hydrokinesis and magical shields, but not all of it, plus he doesn't control wind and he wont be able to breathe.

I say Storm wins, because her electrical attacks are a huge advantage. Plus Tempest wouldn't be able to breathe during the fight, and would be going up against hurricane winds. 

Also if Storm turns up the heat and dries Tempest and the environment out, Tempest would lose a lot of his concentration, durabilty, and strength in general. 

People underestimate Storm a lot for some reason. 

Storm ftw.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:
Yes. But that is still within her normal power. The distance between Australia and Antarctica is a little more than 4,000 miles. So it is possible that she flew there by bending a larger portion of the jetstream . Though the speed was never given nor how she was able to actually pull it off. "

So Storm flew at 1,000 miles per second?
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:
So Storm flew at 1,000 miles per second? "
No. As I said in my previous post it was never stated how she was able to achieve those speeds.
Storm is at a 3 in the speed ranking. That means that at MAX she can only go up to 700mph. You don't like that talk to Marvel.

@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

The "car" you mentioned was jet propelled. So technically a "jet" did reach those speeds. "

This "jet propelled car" broke the sound barrier, so what are you saying? Her profile is deceitful. Jets go supersonic. If the only vehicles that can match her speeds are jets then she should be in that range. If not her profile should state so. 

But this argument is pointless and on a trivial aspect of the battle. 
And so should cease.

No normal car can break the sound barrier. That car had special modifications that allowed it to do that.
Fine.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:
No. As I said in my previous post it was never stated how she was able to achieve those speeds.
Storm is at a 3 in the speed ranking. That means that at MAX she can only go up to 700mph. You don't like that talk to Marvel.

@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

And so should cease.

No normal car can break the sound barrier. That car had special modifications that allowed it to do that.
Fine.
"

First it was 300mph, now she can go 700mph? 

Apologies if i seem to be contradicting myself, i just want clarification.
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:

@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

And so should cease.

Fine.
"
Apologies if i seem to be contradicting myself, i just want clarification. "
No.That's just for anyone who has a ranking of 3 in the speed department. Storm is carried by the wind. So she(while on Earth) couldn't reach 700mph.
Ok.
velle37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By velle37
@Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @Roddy010 said:

@velle37 said:
" @Son Of Storm said:
" @velle37 

And so should cease.

Fine.
"
Apologies if i seem to be contradicting myself, i just want clarification. "
No.That's just for anyone who has a ranking of 3 in the speed department. Storm is carried by the wind. So she(while on Earth) couldn't reach 700mph.
Ok. "

Cool. 

By the way, who do you think wins the battle?
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Silver2467
@JCJQLB said:
" Tempest would win... Easily! "
Son Of Storm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Son Of Storm
@velle37 
I don't know enough about Tempest to know what he is capable of. So I wont say.