• 75 results
#51 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

Once jean starts throwing fire at everyone, wouldn't they gang up on her especially the marvel guys who have been raped by her? Of course te first person down by her AoE would be MMH who is weak to psychic flames

#52 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii said:

Once jean starts throwing fire at everyone, wouldn't they gang up on her especially the marvel guys who have been raped by her? Of course te first person down by her AoE would be MMH who is weak to psychic flames

She doesn't have to throw fire at them, tapping her full mutant power her mind is like a ocean of psychic light, and even Xavier dared not enter her mind, he saw this from the "shores of her mind". There is plenty of room in her ocean if she decides to enfold them all into her thoughts like she did Emma, basically absorbing their minds and locking them in until she is done, even Emma's immune to telepathy diamond form was no defense from this, so any psychic defenses they have will be shattered. In that moment she can just push them into the "ocean" and turn their thoughts to ash.

#55 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Edited by chiq (1965 posts) - - Show Bio

Where does this feat rank? A battle on "infinite planes of existence" Xavier vs DP

scans read right to left

#58 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter stomps brutally. Maybe if Prof. X, Emma and Manchester team up and concentrate they could give him a hard time, but apart from that...

#59 Posted by thanosii (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

@iheartzombies92: did you even read the above posts it's already proven jean wins by sheer power, you statement is unjust and I bet you can't even back it up

#60 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio
#61 Edited by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@thanosii Umm right, nothing is "proven", this is a debate so everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Plus, considering you wrote that Jean "throws flames at everyone", I doubt you read the above posts. The battle is limited to telepathy only.

#62 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2200 posts) - - Show Bio

@veravin Really? I mean, I know he's an extremely high-level telepath, but surely he'll have problems with MM or Emma Frost? MM is Martian, so his mind might be harder to get around, and Emma is also a very high-end telepath.

#63 Posted by Veravin (660 posts) - - Show Bio

@iheartzombies92: but one would know that Emma respects professor x, mm is a major problem but putting them in the same room will give professor x the upper hand. HE HAS BATTLED MORE POWERFUL MINDS, like the phoenix in jean's head.

#64 Posted by mightyrearranger (1592 posts) - - Show Bio

Whoever is the first to pick up a blunt object wins.

#65 Posted by RetconCrisis (3865 posts) - - Show Bio
#66 Edited by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

Intelligence is going to play a role in this, and Emma is the smartest and most skilled telepath here, while MM is the most powerful. Emma has better telepathic feats than Psylocke, Jean(who has beaten her with the Phoenix Force) and Xavier and she has shown that she can outclass a large number of telepaths at the same time(I can provvide feats and scan). I think that she will not attack directly but she will try to make the others fight each other until they are too tired to fight against her, she may have a better chance to win this than Jean and Betsy, maybe she is in par with Xavier, but I think that he will try to help Betsy and Jean and this may lead to a loss. But in the end I see MM winning this thanks to raw power

#67 Edited by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

EDIT: Emma and Xavier are the most skilled

#68 Posted by Roddy010 (5249 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: Emma even admitted herself that Jean was the most skilled psi she had ever encounter. Also Jean didn't have the Phoenix at this time. Also I'll see about those Rachel scans :P.

#69 Edited by NICK31898 (2179 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter, or Professor X.

#70 Posted by spiderbuck (2454 posts) - - Show Bio

I put Xavier and J'onn just about even with one another. Jean Grey has the most raw power here mentally which I'd give her the victory for.

#71 Posted by Veitha (3303 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: I'll come back with an argument as soon as I get home. Thanks for the scans anyway, I've found something but it's getting difficult to find others w/o the Phoenix ;)

#72 Edited by russellmania77 (15377 posts) - - Show Bio

That red guy should b here

#73 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@veitha: I like what you said about the intelligence because so far no one has put that into affect here. MM may have some great raw power but he's also one of the most intelligent here as well. So fighting against Jean and Prof. X he's gonna have an edge with that.

#74 Posted by Psy_Locke (32 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: I think Jean without phoenix < Prof X. Fro what I can remember The most powerful telpath in xmen is Charles Xavier next is Jean w/o Phoenix then Emma

#75 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (5646 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Charles or Jean.

#76 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy_locke: @the_titan_lord: how do they do it since everyone attacks at the same time? Can one of them handle everyone at once? We've been trying to figure out if MM can handle everyone single handedly or is Prof. X is powerful enough to do it or if Jean is powerful enough. I've seen some scans for all sides and I can't decide

#77 Posted by Hyperlight (5839 posts) - - Show Bio

MM>Jean>Prof X > Emma> Grodd>Hector>Machester

im not sure about these DC guys but I know for a fact that Prof X is the most skilled of the Marvel guys but Jean is the most powerful.. Emma is right behind the professor though. Psylocke is gonna get overwhelmed pretty quickly. MM is probably gonna win this.. due to his superior martian mind i would give it to him.

#78 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (4143 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy_locke: Xavier was always regarded as the most powerful telepath because telepathy is one part power and one part skill, he had both and was more skilled than Jean as he was her teacher, in the beginning. She often held back her full power, which was always greater than his. Jean was always supposed to be more powerful than him and Emma combined. I'll explain, when Jean first became Phoenix, it was only her code name and had nothing to do with a cosmic force, all that power was just Jean tapping her full power. That proves that decades ago it was Marvels plan to make her the most powerful psi talent on the planet, able to contain forces powerful enough to end reality. Later it was retconned to make the Phoenix a cosmic force, but still it's attachment to Jean was still based on her potential for power. Later they tried to fix this by making Jean evolve into Phoenix level powers naturally just like they made her do it in the first Phoenix saga, so Jean without the Phoenix was always supposed to be more powerful than Xavier because at first there was no Phoenix only Jean reaching her ultimate potential. They created the Phoenix to be able to bring her back without the destruction of D'bari being her fault, not o diminish her power and potential, as in Xfactor years later when she returned Apocalypse commented on Jean and her power being just as powerful as the Phoenix that impersonated her as he debated on whether or not to unlock them.

Jean wins this, she is no longer Xavier's student and as he predicted she would surpass him and showed this when she saved him from what Nova did to him, she was before that doing things telepathically that he thought impossible. Her full power manifests as psychic flames, so MM is not winning this by a long shot, his weakness to and fear of said flames will probably have him be the first to go down.