• 75 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok so before we begin I want to start off saying this is NOT a list of the most powerful telepaths... This is a list of randomly chosen telepaths.

Here's the scenario: The following telepaths listed below are trapped in a sealed room together sitting in a circle around one another. When the battle begins, all telepaths will begin at once AT THE SAME TIME to KO the others via telepathically. From the list below, choose who wins by being the last man standing, how they did it (who they took out first and why and in what order) and PLEASE provide scans to support why you think the telepath you have chosen is the strongest and how they were smart enough and powerful enough to beat the others. I want to remind you just because one may be the most powerful, doesn't mean they will win. Remember there are numerous telepaths attacking one another at once so one could be blindsided.

Here's the list:

Grodd

Martian Manhunter

Professor X

Manchester Black

Psylocke

Emma Frost

Hector Hammond

Jean Grey (with Phoenix being BLOCKED)

#2 Posted by Pr0metheus (4942 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#3 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Iragexcudder (4277 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland: martian manhunter is on par if not a stronger telepath than professor x. Martian Manhunter has every single person on earth telepathically controlled at a single instant

#5 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder: I don't doubt how strong he is telepathically but do you have the scans to prove it?

#6 Posted by Iragexcudder (4277 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter

#8 Edited by Iragexcudder (4277 posts) - - Show Bio

well.. there you go.

#9 Posted by Raw_Material (3209 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian.

#10 Posted by GhostRavage (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't Emma immune to telepathy when in diamond form? If not. Martian curbstomps.

#11 Posted by Psy_Locke (32 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter > Professor X > Jean > Emma > Hector Hammond > Manchester Black > Psylocke

#12 Edited by TheReptile (190 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@ghostravage: She is immune to it but she can't dish out anything either

#14 Edited by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Turbinail (121 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X

#16 Posted by Alexander505 (2144 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@turbinail: can you prove prof. X is better than Martian Manhunter? Everyone above thinks differently

#18 Edited by comic_book_fan (5261 posts) - - Show Bio

professor x

#19 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Martian Manhunter > Professor X > Jean > Emma > Hector Hammond > Manchester Black > Psylocke

Jean Grey is more powerful than Professor X, and always has been by his own words.

#20 Posted by paulson3lt (568 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: so does Jean stand a chance against Martian Manhunter if she's more powerful then prof x?

#22 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: so does Jean stand a chance against Martian Manhunter if she's more powerful then prof x?

When tapping her full mutant power she passively creates psychic fire powerful enough to burn thoughts until they are "ash", and even Xavier was concerned about going any further into her mind for just that reason. I don't see why Martian Manhunters (or anybody trapped in this room with her) thoughts would survive this. All she has to do it open her mind to them, if they approach they burn, or she could decide to force them to enter the way her attack on Emma did, after her initial probe she was no longer in Emmas thoughts, Emma was enfolded in Jeans thoughts, meaning that Emma had no way out unless Jean let her out and Jean was in control of everything that was going on as if she had absorbed Emmas mind and made it a part of her own. All she need do at this point is release her phoenix raptor (not the Phoenix force, Jean has been using the imagery of the Phoenix to express her tapping into her full mutant potential for years), crash through all their defenses and burn their minds to cinders.

#23 Posted by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@patrickborkland said:

@lordofallhumans: so does Jean stand a chance against Martian Manhunter if she's more powerful then prof x?

When tapping her full mutant power she passively creates psychic fire powerful enough to burn thoughts until they are "ash", and even Xavier was concerned about going any further into her mind for just that reason. I don't see why Martian Manhunters (or anybody trapped in this room with her) thoughts would survive this. All she has to do it open her mind to them, if they approach they burn, or she could decide to force them to enter the way her attack on Emma did, after her initial probe she was no longer in Emmas thoughts, Emma was enfolded in Jeans thoughts, meaning that Emma had no way out unless Jean let her out and Jean was in control of everything that was going on as if she had absorbed Emmas mind and made it a part of her own. All she need do at this point is release her phoenix raptor (not the Phoenix force, Jean has been using the imagery of the Phoenix to express her tapping into her full mutant potential for years), crash through all their defenses and burn their minds to cinders.

Interesting.

Never read that.

Do you remember from what issues are theses feats?

#24 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: yeah that's really impressive i didnt even know that, scans?

#25 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@patrickborkland said:

@lordofallhumans: so does Jean stand a chance against Martian Manhunter if she's more powerful then prof x?

When tapping her full mutant power she passively creates psychic fire powerful enough to burn thoughts until they are "ash", and even Xavier was concerned about going any further into her mind for just that reason. I don't see why Martian Manhunters (or anybody trapped in this room with her) thoughts would survive this. All she has to do it open her mind to them, if they approach they burn, or she could decide to force them to enter the way her attack on Emma did, after her initial probe she was no longer in Emmas thoughts, Emma was enfolded in Jeans thoughts, meaning that Emma had no way out unless Jean let her out and Jean was in control of everything that was going on as if she had absorbed Emmas mind and made it a part of her own. All she need do at this point is release her phoenix raptor (not the Phoenix force, Jean has been using the imagery of the Phoenix to express her tapping into her full mutant potential for years), crash through all their defenses and burn their minds to cinders.

Interesting.

Never read that.

Do you remember from what issues are theses feats?

I can show you the scans.

#26 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

#27 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

So he wouldn't be helping them take out MM? Even though I doubt it would take them all to take him out. If they all ganged up on MM the combined telepathic power would overwhelm him and they would not even have to expend enough power to weaken themselves anyway. Jean has more raw power than Xavier and Emma is almost his equal adding the others would take MM out near instantly, nobody would be weakened at all, if Emma or Jean don't already become aware that Xavier is hiding in the background doing nothing.

Anyway this scenario goes against the rules, it's every telepath for themselves at the beginning, any telepath dumb enough to focus on one telepath will be taken out by another, a battle like this will require power, as skill will come in handy but the best way to win is to simply overload everybody at once with your most powerful attack.

#28 Edited by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: Thanks.

I don't recognize the drawings.

Anybody else, do you know were is this coming from?

#29 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

So he wouldn't be helping them take out MM? Even though I doubt it would take them all to take him out. If they all ganged up on MM the combined telepathic power would overwhelm him and they would not even have to expend enough power to weaken themselves anyway. Jean has more raw power than Xavier and Emma is almost his equal adding the others would take MM out near instantly, nobody would be weakened at all, if Emma or Jean don't already become aware that Xavier is hiding in the background doing nothing.

Anyway this scenario goes against the rules, it's every telepath for themselves at the beginning, any telepath dumb enough to focus on one telepath will be taken out by another, a battle like this will require power, as skill will come in handy but the best way to win is to simply overload everybody at once with your most powerful attack.

1. MM is a ridiculous telepath we go using all his high end feats including the one time ones, he should be able to weaken the others significantly due to his planetary feats

2. Not against the rules really, seven women in a room and one 6 foot male who's the most likely to be targeted in a free for all? obviously the biggest hitter if not he would pick off everybody with ease.

#30 Edited by Veravin (654 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor x, he is as powerful as the martian in terms of telepathic range, until magneto altered the polarity of the earth, his powers were then decreased, professor x would just freeze them all

#31 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@lordofallhumans: Thanks.

I don't recognize the drawings.

Anybody else, do you know were is this coming from?

New Xmen 128 and New Xmen 139

#32 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

So he wouldn't be helping them take out MM? Even though I doubt it would take them all to take him out. If they all ganged up on MM the combined telepathic power would overwhelm him and they would not even have to expend enough power to weaken themselves anyway. Jean has more raw power than Xavier and Emma is almost his equal adding the others would take MM out near instantly, nobody would be weakened at all, if Emma or Jean don't already become aware that Xavier is hiding in the background doing nothing.

Anyway this scenario goes against the rules, it's every telepath for themselves at the beginning, any telepath dumb enough to focus on one telepath will be taken out by another, a battle like this will require power, as skill will come in handy but the best way to win is to simply overload everybody at once with your most powerful attack.

1. MM is a ridiculous telepath we go using all his high end feats including the one time ones, he should be able to weaken the others significantly due to his planetary feats

2. Not against the rules really, seven women in a room and one 6 foot male who's the most likely to be targeted in a free for all? obviously the biggest hitter if not he would pick off everybody with ease.

Professor X has planetary and intergalactic feats without aid, he alone is a match for MM, and Jean is more powerful than Xavier Phoenix or not.

His physical dimensions would mean nothing to them, as this is a telepathic battle so to go after a guy because he is big when the fight has nothing to do with the physical makes no sense at all. Not to mention the telepaths from Marvel would not see him as anything but a telepath. Emma would not target him when she has first hand experience with Xavier and Jean, and fancies them her only rivals in power. Psylocke knows that all three Marvel telepaths are more powerful than her. Xavier would see Jean as a major threat and she would see him as a threat. Not one of them would think of there is a giant green man, that must mean he is a powerful telepath. The same would happen with the DC telepaths, they are aware of each others powers so they would target those they are familiar with first, the smart telepath is the one that will unleashe their full power on a wide range attack that can take out every telepath there by crashing through all their defenses, and Jean has consistent showings when it comes to smashing all manner of psi defense from magical, to psychic to physical.

#33 Posted by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3436 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

So he wouldn't be helping them take out MM? Even though I doubt it would take them all to take him out. If they all ganged up on MM the combined telepathic power would overwhelm him and they would not even have to expend enough power to weaken themselves anyway. Jean has more raw power than Xavier and Emma is almost his equal adding the others would take MM out near instantly, nobody would be weakened at all, if Emma or Jean don't already become aware that Xavier is hiding in the background doing nothing.

Anyway this scenario goes against the rules, it's every telepath for themselves at the beginning, any telepath dumb enough to focus on one telepath will be taken out by another, a battle like this will require power, as skill will come in handy but the best way to win is to simply overload everybody at once with your most powerful attack.

1. MM is a ridiculous telepath we go using all his high end feats including the one time ones, he should be able to weaken the others significantly due to his planetary feats

2. Not against the rules really, seven women in a room and one 6 foot male who's the most likely to be targeted in a free for all? obviously the biggest hitter if not he would pick off everybody with ease.

Professor X has planetary and intergalactic feats without aid, he alone is a match for MM, and Jean is more powerful than Xavier Phoenix or not.

His physical dimensions would mean nothing to them, as this is a telepathic battle so to go after a guy because he is big when the fight has nothing to do with the physical makes no sense at all. Not to mention the telepaths from Marvel would not see him as anything but a telepath. Emma would not target him when she has first hand experience with Xavier and Jean, and fancies them her only rivals in power. Psylocke knows that all three Marvel telepaths are more powerful than her. Xavier would see Jean as a major threat and she would see him as a threat. Not one of them would think of there is a giant green man, that must mean he is a powerful telepath. The same would happen with the DC telepaths, they are aware of each others powers so they would target those they are familiar with first, the smart telepath is the one that will unleashe their full power on a wide range attack that can take out every telepath there by crashing through all their defenses, and Jean has consistent showings when it comes to smashing all manner of psi defense from magical, to psychic to physical.

1. True but very inconsistent

2. You misinterpreted my post, while yes they will begin engaging those that they know they ALL attack at the same time and once they realize that the MM is kicking their asses they will go and engage Martian Manhunter because he's the most likely to beat them all during the battle once again I repeat you misinterpreted my post

they will be able to sense the most powerful Telepath their (Martian Manhunter) and focus all their attention towards him (because cm'on do you really think they are going to ignore a six foot green guy when everybody else in the room is a telepath? they are obviously going to focus on him immediately since he's the strongest.)

#35 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_ said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@_cerberus_ said:

@lordofallhumans said:

@_cerberus_ said:

Proffesor X, everybody would gang up on MM once they find how powerful he is.

X would than take out the others who are weakened severely after taking out MM

So he wouldn't be helping them take out MM? Even though I doubt it would take them all to take him out. If they all ganged up on MM the combined telepathic power would overwhelm him and they would not even have to expend enough power to weaken themselves anyway. Jean has more raw power than Xavier and Emma is almost his equal adding the others would take MM out near instantly, nobody would be weakened at all, if Emma or Jean don't already become aware that Xavier is hiding in the background doing nothing.

Anyway this scenario goes against the rules, it's every telepath for themselves at the beginning, any telepath dumb enough to focus on one telepath will be taken out by another, a battle like this will require power, as skill will come in handy but the best way to win is to simply overload everybody at once with your most powerful attack.

1. MM is a ridiculous telepath we go using all his high end feats including the one time ones, he should be able to weaken the others significantly due to his planetary feats

2. Not against the rules really, seven women in a room and one 6 foot male who's the most likely to be targeted in a free for all? obviously the biggest hitter if not he would pick off everybody with ease.

Professor X has planetary and intergalactic feats without aid, he alone is a match for MM, and Jean is more powerful than Xavier Phoenix or not.

His physical dimensions would mean nothing to them, as this is a telepathic battle so to go after a guy because he is big when the fight has nothing to do with the physical makes no sense at all. Not to mention the telepaths from Marvel would not see him as anything but a telepath. Emma would not target him when she has first hand experience with Xavier and Jean, and fancies them her only rivals in power. Psylocke knows that all three Marvel telepaths are more powerful than her. Xavier would see Jean as a major threat and she would see him as a threat. Not one of them would think of there is a giant green man, that must mean he is a powerful telepath. The same would happen with the DC telepaths, they are aware of each others powers so they would target those they are familiar with first, the smart telepath is the one that will unleashe their full power on a wide range attack that can take out every telepath there by crashing through all their defenses, and Jean has consistent showings when it comes to smashing all manner of psi defense from magical, to psychic to physical.

1. True but very inconsistent

2. You misinterpreted my post, while yes they will begin engaging those that they know they ALL attack at the same time and once they realize that the MM is kicking their asses they will go and engage Martian Manhunter because he's the most likely to beat them all during the battle once again I repeat you misinterpreted my post

they will be able to sense the most powerful Telepath their (Martian Manhunter) and focus all their attention towards him (because cm'on do you really think they are going to ignore a six foot green guy when everybody else in the room is a telepath? they are obviously going to focus on him immediately since he's the strongest.)

Him being the most powerful telepath there is largely based on your opinion and not fact at all. Xavier can match him and has feats to back it up, and as I said before Jean is more powerful than Xavier. There is nothing to suggest he will be kicking their asses. Why do you still insist that his size and color would make them take note of anything other than he's tall and green? Ignoring Jean Grey based on her being a short red head would be stupid to the telepaths that know her size has nothing to do with how much more powerful she is than even Xavier, ignoring Xavier because he is bald and in a wheelchair because there is a tall green guy there is stupid because Xavier can accomplish every single telepathic feat the green guy can do. He's not the strongest, and last I heard he was particularly vulnerable to psychic flames, of which Jean generates, so much so she can turn thought into ash.

#36 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

Jean Grey will be the only one left standing. MM is overrated in the since that people tend to put him on a pedestal when he hasn't done anything to put him above Xavier.

#37 Posted by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Edited by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010 said:

@iragexcudder: Xavier replicated the same feat numerous times.

I agree. A lot of people forgot that the use of Cerebro is not to help Xavier to have a simple Planetary feat (as you showed it, he has done that several times), but to detect mutants.

I don't know what will be the outcome of a pure TP battle vs MMH.

During the first Brood Saga for example, Xavier was able to contact, by TP, X-men located beyond the solar system.

Has MMH any comparable feat?

From what I've read, he only has planetary feats and that would rank him below Pr X. But there are maybe feats that I'm not aware of.

#39 Edited by Iragexcudder (4277 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: are you dense? Martian Manhunter is one of the most underrated DC characters. That's just ridiculous saying he's overrated.

#40 Edited by Roddy010 (5147 posts) - - Show Bio

@iragexcudder said:

@roddy010: are you dense? Martian Manhunter is one of the most underrated DC characters. That's just ridiculous saying he's overrated.

Are you new or just butt hurt because I proved you wrong? Either way it still doesn't dismiss the fact that MM is overrated in nearly every telepathic battle on these boards. Also I am quite acute and a very reasonable person but don't insult my intelligence.

#41 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: are you dense? Martian Manhunter is one of the most underrated DC characters. That's just ridiculous saying he's overrated.

There is no reason to insult him

#42 Posted by dondave (34429 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@roddy010 said:

@iragexcudder: Xavier replicated the same feat numerous times.

I agree. A lot of people forgot that the use of Cerebro is not to help Xavier to have a simple Planetary feat (as you showed it, he has done that several times), but to detect mutants.

I don't know what will be the outcome of a pure TP battle vs MMH.

During the first Brood Saga for example, Xavier was able to contact, by TP, X-men located beyond the solar system.

Has MMH any comparable feat?

From what I've read, he only has planetary feats and that would rank him below Pr X. But there are maybe feats that I'm not aware of.

Ehh, it depends, he has feats of Using Telepathy to find Flash while he was in the time stream even though he was in a coma at the time he performed the feat. He has an amabiguous feat of sensing that everybody in the Galaxy was feeling Transcendant Bliss

#43 Posted by GhostRavage (8359 posts) - - Show Bio

@roddy010: are you dense? Martian Manhunter is one of the most underrated DC characters. That's just ridiculous saying he's overrated.

Not really... MMH wins every battle by mind rape or phasing here in the vine... He is most likely not to lose than being underrated... Something that happens to other characters.

#44 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

I put Xavier and J'onn just about even with one another. Jean Grey has the most raw power here mentally which I'd give her the victory for.

#45 Edited by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave said:

Ehh, it depends, he has feats of Using Telepathy to find Flash while he was in the time stream even though he was in a coma at the time he performed the feat. He has an amabiguous feat of sensing that everybody in the Galaxy was feeling Transcendant Bliss

Why ambiguous? That sounds pretty impressive.

#46 Posted by russellmania77 (14570 posts) - - Show Bio

pro x

#47 Edited by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@bullpr said:

@dondave said:

Ehh, it depends, he has feats of Using Telepathy to find Flash while he was in the time stream even though he was in a coma at the time he performed the feat. He has an amabiguous feat of sensing that everybody in the Galaxy was feeling Transcendant Bliss

Why ambiguous? That sounds pretty impressive.

It's ambiguous because it's suppose to sound impressive due to the word galaxy being used, but if only one person in the galaxy was feeling transcendent bliss and that galaxy only had one planet with life on it, it becomes less impressive, impressive yes, but not that big a deal if you have time and room to break it down like that, because it becomes a planetary feat at mos, if he was on the planet and the mind was in the city he is in, it becomes even smaller. It's just like people making a big deal of Emma contacting every mutant mind on the planet from San Fran, but at the time there were less than 200 mutants out there worldwide and she knew were most of them were because before going to San Fran the majority of mutants were forced to stay in one place.

#48 Edited by BullPR (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by patrickborkland (218 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: yeah but it's also about the distance their telepathy can expand to. Sure, if there's only one planet in a galaxy it takes less power because there are less minds to connect but depending on the distance their minds are takes a lot of power. So even if Emma only connected 200 mutants they were still across the planet which challenges the range

#50 Posted by LordOfAllHumans (3909 posts) - - Show Bio

@lordofallhumans: yeah but it's also about the distance their telepathy can expand to. Sure, if there's only one planet in a galaxy it takes less power because there are less minds to connect but depending on the distance their minds are takes a lot of power. So even if Emma only connected 200 mutants they were still across the planet which challenges the range

Not really as there was never a range limit put on her powers to begin with, except when she couldn't sense Danielle Moonstar because Illyana took them to Limbo. In astral form nearly all telepaths with a decent amount of power can travel the globe without assistance, and most of those 200 mutants were not across the globe, the majority were either with her or all in one place that she knew about.