Teen Titans(The animated series) vs Black Beetle(YJ)

• 63 results
GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

In this battle, the Teen Titans far off against the Reach's strongest warrior, Black Beetle

Round 1

• Win by KO or death
  • Everyone is in character
  • Random Encounter
  • Start 10 ft metres apart
  • Standard Gear

Round 2

• Bloodlust on
  • Both sides have prep and knowledge

No Caption Provided

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd say Titans Starfire was very durable in that series and I don't think Black Beetle has shown the destructive capability to defeat her and Raven had pretty decent feats as well like moving buildings.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say Titans Starfire was very durable in that series and I don't think Black Beetle has shown the destructive capability to defeat her and Raven had pretty decent feats as well like moving buildings.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black Beetle

Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starfire once slammed a table with her fist and made the entire city shake. lol

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Round 1 goes to Black Beetle. The dude is a bonafide team buster. Round 2 is tough. Raven is powerful when angry, as is Star Fire. And Beast Boy will be bringing out his stronger animals. I think I'll lean towards the Titans.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AvatarReiko

Black Beetle shitstomps. He fought evenly ewith Mongul and soloed the entire team.

He practically fodderized Superboy, casually one shotting him and tossing him aside as if he was nothing.

No Caption Provided

KingVenus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans.

Raven & Starfire slaughters him.

egwGRVEBF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By egwGRVEBF

The Titans' only hope is Raven. The Beetle's have shown to be vulnerable to magic, and Raven has some impressive feats. If the Team could keep him busy whilst she prepares her most powerful spells, they could take him down. Otherwise, its a stomp.

Raven solos round 1. From what I can recall, the Blue was KO'd by a low voltage attack from Aqualad's magic. Rave could easily stomp.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By mickey-mouse

Black Beetle shitstomps. He fought evenly ewith Mongul and soloed the entire team.

He practically fodderized Superboy, casually one shotting him and tossing him aside as if he was nothing.

No Caption Provided

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Uchiha545

No Caption Provided

How? That show had some of the weakest incarnates ever save for miss martian Starfire took out a amped blackfire

Loading Video...

This alone would give black beetle a decent fight

Avatar image for redbird3rdboywonder
redbird3rdboywonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TT

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans should win. Raven's magic's gonna cause problems for Beetle

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@avatarreiko said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah but the thing is that happened to Superboy nearly every time they fought a heavy hitter.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think BB outclasses all of the Titans physically, and could probably tank Cyborg's lasers and Robin's bombs and whatnot, but i think Raven's magic is the key to winning here. Beetle can't really do anything about being telekinetically thrown around like a rag doll by Raven, not to mention everything else Raven can do, fly, teleport, manipulate time, cast all sorts of other spells, as long as th rest of the team keep her safe. Starfire is also a big factor, as people have said, and Beastboy might be if he turns into something the size of Godzilla. Otherwise, if Beetle gets his hands on Raven and the rest quickly enough, he beats the shit out of them all.

sacredweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea team wins with cyborg and starfire MVPs. Both being able to physically overpower people like mammoth and Brother blood. Not to mention raven more powerful side.

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By GXrevolution96

@arcus said:

In all fairness, Raven lost to Terra, who is not even in Black's league

Also, do you think the Titans win both rounds? Black Beetle has prep in round two so he would definitely take Raven out first since she is the biggest threat to him.

@silverrings said:

I think BB outclasses all of the Titans physically, and could probably tank Cyborg's lasers and Robin's bombs and whatnot, but i think Raven's magic is the key to winning here. Beetle can't really do anything about being telekinetically thrown around like a rag doll by Raven, not to mention everything else Raven can do, fly, teleport, manipulate time, cast all sorts of other spells, as long as th rest of the team keep her safe. Starfire is also a big factor, as people have said, and Beastboy might be if he turns into something the size of Godzilla. Otherwise, if Beetle gets his hands on Raven and the rest quickly enough, he beats the shit out of them all.

Good points. Black Beetle was shown to be susceptible to Green Beetle's Telekenisis.

@redbird3rdboywonder said:

TT

Any reasons?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arcus1

@gxrevolution96:

True, but that loss involved Raven's emotions and a bit of plot. Terra's also doesn't have a weakness to magic

If BB can get Raven out this gets more difficult for the Titans

nickthedevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus said:

@gxrevolution96:

True, but that loss involved Raven's emotions and a bit of plot. Terra's also doesn't have a weakness to magic

Good point. Although, I wouldn't say he has a "weakness" to magic. Similarly to Superman, it just affects him the same as everyone else. Generally, a lot of people assume that Superman has a weakness to magic like he does with Kryptonite, when in fact, it does not hurt him anymore than than the next person. I don't think it would kill him.

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Arcus1
Avatar image for the_legendary_supersaiyan_hulk
The_Legendary_SuperSaiyan_Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rbt: Lol, no. Was just something done for comedic effect, but I like bringing it up.

Cosmic_Lantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: False, supes does indeed have a weakness to magic it's just something people tend to over exaggerate at times or Supes fanboys ignore in attempt for him to win a battle. Shazams lightning has crippled him numerous times, Diana's tiara grazed him and was bleeding profusely, and he overtly admits to having a weakness to magic, along with other characters using magic to degrade him periodically. Unless anyone can debunk years of consistent writing, again false.

Continuing on, Beetle takes round 1 with mid-high difficulty. IMO raven solos round 2, temporal manipulation then BFR.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AvatarReiko

@arcus said:

Raven's magical attacks are usually generic energy blasts, and they are not that strong. Only occasionally does she use magic spells. In addition, she has to say an incantation overtime she uses her powers.

@uchiha

That show had some of the weakest incarnates ever save for miss martian

Really? To start off with, Impulse was pretty OP and his showings certainly put him on DCAU Flash's level, if not higher. He could travel at light speed and run from one side of the world to the other in seconds, and could phase/vibrate through objects without stopping. In contrast, TT Kid Flash was constantly getting tagged.

Superman survived a nuclear explosion the size of tzar bomb at point blank, and walked away unscathed.

Superboy took down Mammoth and was easily ripping Tanks apart like they were tinfoil.

Superboy with patches was speed blitzing mammoth cans collapsed a mountain.

Wonder Girl's strikes can create shockwaves.

Red Tornado was able to create a large air vortex that diverted all the ash cloud from yellow stone volcano into space.

Dr Fate was also portrayed as really powerful too.

The only character that was nerfed was Wally since he messed up the experiment

Yeah but the thing is that happened to Superboy nearly every time they fought a heavy hitter.

I dont recall it happening when he took out blockbuster or Mammoth. And in all fairness, every heavy hitter Connor has gone up against has been Superman tier. Despero, Mongul, Amazo(with superman's powers) Black Beetle and etc.

@sacredweapons said:

Yea team wins with cyborg and starfire MVPs. Both being able to physically overpower people like mammoth and Brother blood.

Black went toe-to-toe with Mongul who was stated to be as strong as Superman. Earth-16 Superman has shown to have survive Nukes. In fact, Blue's scarab even stated that they could have survived the same blast. Strength and durability wise, Black stomps everyone here.

Uchiha545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That show had some of the weakest incarnates ever save for miss martian

Really? To start off with, Impulse was pretty OP and his showings certainly put him on DCAU Flash's level, if not higher. He could travel at light speed and run from one side of the world to the other in seconds, and could phase/vibrate through objects without stopping. In contrast, TT Kid Flash was constantly getting tagged.

Impulse was decent

Superman survived a nuclear explosion the size of tzar bomb at point blank, and walked away unscathed.

Superman had very few showings and was taking down by a vastly inferior version of him and robin albeit he was mind controlled but still

Superboy took down Mammoth and was easily ripping Tanks apart like they were tinfoil.

Superboy constantly got hit and defeated in that series and had very few victories the only time I saw him as good was when he had Lex Luthor shields

Superboy with patches was speed blitzing mammoth cans collapsed a mountain.

Keyword with patches in his fight with BB he didn't have them IIRC

Wonder Girl's strikes can create shockwaves.

She couldn't even lift a aircraft

Red Tornado was able to create a large air vortex that diverted all the ash cloud from yellow stone volcano into space.

Red Tornado I can't recall his weaker showings but I know he wasn't the worst

Dr Fate was also portrayed as really powerful too.

Fate was powerful even held back a Tsunami but while controlled was taken down by Zatanna

The only character that was nerfed was Wally since he messed up the experiment

Wally wasn't the only one nerfed albeit his was one of the greatest a lot of the YJ members were unimpressive especially on the strength side

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avatarreiko:

All of Raven's powers are magical in nature. Raven doesn't always have to say an incantation. Blue Beetle got messed up by Kaldur's bio electricity

Superman was ko'ed by the bomb

When did Impulse cross the world in seconds?

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Titans both rounds.

kendell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kendell
TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Robin solos

GXrevolution96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GXrevolution96

@the_kidd said:

Titans both rounds.

Any reasons?
@arcus said:

@avatarreiko:

Superman was ko'ed by the bomb

When did Impulse cross the world in seconds?

It was still a very impressive durability feat. The blast radius was huge from what I can remember, and he did not have a scratch on him.

I think he is referring to the scene in "Endgame"where Flash runs to the North Pole and Impulse joins him.

@thelurker said:

Robin solos

Really? Any reasons why you think Robin could solo? I haven't watched TT in while, but i don't recall him having feats that would suggest he could solo Black Beetle

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: JK! On a serious note all of the titans (Robin and his gadgets included), seemed to be as powerful as the plot demanded, while the YJ characters powers seemed to be more fixed. So it's hard for me to really tell. If this fight was on the TT show I could definitely see the team losing the first round and getting there act together to win the second round( for plot reasons). Also when Starfire wasn't the focus of the episode she was pretty much useless most of the time, the same could be said about most of the other characters too, except for Robin.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Dextersinister

People seem to be overestimating the Titans, sure they had some good feats but they jobbed a lot more often.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tagging impulse, schooling superboy and wondergirl together, stalemating mongul, he wins noth rounds, can the titans even beat the YJ team schools?

TheGreatUniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By TheGreatUniter

Black Beetle is overrated. The Runaways, a bunch os novices, gave Black a lot of difficulty and were managing to stay in the fight. The Team were also able to hold their own in “True Colours” and it was shown that Arsenal’s laser could damage his armour. Robin’s explosives ripped a huge hole in his armour

Miss Martian and Artemis were able to match him "Summit" and were going blow for blow. Not once did he manage to tag them.

And as others have mentioned, Beetle simply has no way to deal with Raven’s magic and her versatility. A small electric shock, powered by magic, KO’d Blue Beetle and damaged his armour. Raven’s magic is more potent and far more versatile. All she has to do is spam spells and he is toast. She could honestly solo both rounds

The only reason Black was such a threat was because all the league’s heavy hitters were on rimbor.

@gizmorino said:

Tagging impulse, schooling superboy and wondergirl together, stalemating mongul, he wins noth rounds, can the titans even beat the YJ team schools?

He was only able to tag Impulse by using his scarab's processing speed to anticipate his movements. He was getting speed blitzed prior

Superboy got stomped by almost every villain, and Wonder Girl had limited showings. And the only reason he was stalemating Mongul was because Mongul had been in stasis for weeks, and was still weak. Mongul also had limited exposure to Earth's yellow sun.

Fully rested Mongul would wreck Beetle

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raven solos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AvatarReiko

@uugieboogie said:

Raven solos

Yh, like the guy who casually one shots Superboy and solos the team would lose to Raven, especially in Round 2. All he has to do is KO with a sonic blast. Without Raven, the team get stomped. There is nothing that they could do hurt him.

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie said:

Raven solos

Yh, like the guy who casually one shots Superboy and solos the team would lose to Raven, especially in Round 2. All he has to do is KO with a sonic blast. Without Raven, the team get stomped. There is nothing that they could do hurt him.

Raven beat Trigon who was a reality warper if I remember correctly. Nothing stops her from pulling apart his armor & he was vulnerable to TP & didn't Starfire bang a table & make the whole city shake? Superboy got casually one shotted by damn near every powerhouse they fought. Without the shields he was barely stronger than Aqualad.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@thegreatuniter: fair points.

His scarab gives him his powers, so tagging or even anticipating impulse's moves is still part of his powerset.

The runaways? Their big gun got stomped in 3 seconds flat, they were running, he said he needed the exercise, that they should try to give him a fight, static almost died(the energy projectiles that his hoverboard stopped).

Arsenal ripped out his armor with a laser, not just any laser, a special type as other lasers never even harm him, robin's bombs never did anything, even blue's plasma blast did not move him, just "cooled" him(probably being immune to their own powers), he was only ripped out when green and blue used sonar frequency to take him out at different angles.

He is not overrated.

And you are right,raven could solo, but she has to be fast.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By AvatarReiko

@uugieboogie said:

@avatarreiko said:

@uugieboogie said:

Raven solos

Raven beat Trigon who was a reality warper if I remember correctly. Nothing stops her from pulling apart his armor & he was vulnerable to TP & didn't Starfire bang a table & make the whole city shake? Superboy got casually one shotted by damn near every powerhouse they fought. Without the shields he was barely stronger than Aqualad.

And yet she lost to Terra.

She tries to rip his armour part, she gets blasted by a sonic attack. The same sonic attacks that cause entire buildings to collapse.

Who says he is vulnerable to telepathy?

That was a gag scene. Its moot anywa. He soloed the team and was even with mongul, who was stated to be as strong as Superman, give or take.

The only people who have one shotted Superboy were Mongul and Black Beetle, who are both Thats it. You also fail to consider that most of the people Connor went up against were Superman tier.

dynamite75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Black beetle took down the whole team I'm sure he can handle the titans

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uugieboogie: that was White Raven, not her standard power level @avatarreiko: Superman tier doesn't mean much, Cyborg and Starfire have greater strength feats

We both know Raven's loss to Terra had a lot to do with her emotions and plot

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dynamite75: the team he took down wasn't as strong as the Titans

TheGreatUniter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TheGreatUniter

@gizmorino

The runaways? Their big gun got stomped in 3 seconds flat, they were running, he said he needed the exercise, that they should try to give him a fight, static almost died(the energy projectiles that his hoverboard stopped).

No, they weren't running at all. They fought for him quite sometime including offscreen, and managed to hold him off, which is a testament to their skill.

No Caption Provided

I am not saying that there would have won or that they are stronger, but they were evidently giving him difficulty.

robin's bombs never did anything,

Really?

No Caption Provided

even blue's plasma blast did not move him, just "cooled" him(probably being immune to their own powers)

Blue Beetle was holding back. He did not want to let his scarab take over. Blue beetle and Black are even when the scarab is fighting.

He is not overrated.

Erm, he was getting owned by Miss Martian

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

He couldn't tag either of them. Robin by himself has more than enough skill to trouble Black. If anything, this fight proves that Black Beetle sucks in close quarters combat.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gxrevolution96: did you reply to me? Cause I got a notification but I can't see it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AvatarReiko

@arcus

"The team he took down wasn't as strong as the Titans"

Really. How did you come to that conclusion? The Team by the second season would beat the Titans handily. In fact Superboy alone, would stomp them. The only threat in such a scenario is Raven. She is carries the team with her magic and versatility. Without her, they are trash.

The Titans were constaly getting outsmarted and beaten by Slade, who was nerfed as it is.

"We both know Raven's loss to Terra had a lot to do with her emotions and plot"

Wether you think it was plot or not is irrelevant. The fact is she still lost.

"Superman tier doesn't mean much, Cyborg and Starfire have greater strength feats"

Strength means nothing when your opponent has the durability to shrug of your hits

@thegreatuniter

I like how you conveniently ignore the context of the scene. Robin's explosion did absolutely nothing. Black wasn't hurt in the slightest. He immediately got back up and laughed it off before cracking his neck. He was toying with them the entire time. Also keep in mind that the whole thing was merely a front. An act for Green Beetle to make his entrance. The Reach needed the team to trust Green Beetle so that they could put blue back on mode.

Again, the fight with the runnerways wasn't serious either. Black even states that he was messing around. Their attacks did nothing to him. Eduardo Jr even says that they are throwing everything at him, but nothing is working. They were keeping their distance and attacking him indirectly.

Erm, he was getting owned by Miss Martian

So you have resorted to lowballing. It was pointed out many times that the team were trained in H2H by Black Canary, who Greg stated to best H2H combatant in the show, other than Batman.

He wasn't getting owned. He was just about blast them both into oblivion.

Miss M was using her telekinesis to perform those most her moves, just like she did in she circus episode