Tech Bracket Battle # 3 of 8: Robots (medium power)

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By owie  Moderator

This is a bracket battle using Medium-Powered Robots.

It is the second of eight bracket-style battles involving technology. The complete set of brackets will also include High-Powered Robots, Cyborgs, and three levels of Armor.  The first battle was Androids and the second was Low-Powered Robots.

They each start out in pairs, battling each other. Once each battle is done, they move on to the next battle, as stipulated by the brackets. The last one is the Big Winner!

Who wins each battle in each round?

These battles take place in the ball court at Chichen Itza.  Each fight starts at 15’.

Win by any means. Each participant is completely re-energized and repaired before each new battle. Morals off. They will not run out of power or anything like that.  They all have all their normal powers/abilities/armaments, EXCEPT THAT NO CHARACTER CAN USE ANY KIND OF "CONTROL METAL" OR "CONTROL ROBOTS" POWERS TO CONTROL OTHER CHARACTERS, OR TO AUTOMATICALLY DRAIN OTHER CHARACTERS' ENERGY, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT.  This is about beating each other up and/or outsmarting each other.

Character links/versions: 
Victor Mancha (note: while he cannot use electromagnetic powers to depower or control other robots, he can use it as an offensive blast), Box (Jeffries--can't use his machine control power on others, but can use it on Box itself), Omnidroid (version 10, from the Incredibles), Matrix Sentinel, Ultron (most recent), Manhunter (Millennium era). Proto Bat-Bot (Brave and the Bold show, but feel free to use the game or toy if you need to), Ultra Magnus (IDW), Galactus' Punisher Robot, OMAC (standard), Nimrod (classic), Kree Sentry, Vision (standard), Red Tornado (pre-52), Rom, Brainiac (pre-52).

Medium-Power Robots
Medium-Power Robots

Victor Mancha
Victor Mancha
Box
Box
Incredibles Omnidroid
Incredibles Omnidroid
Matrix Sentinel
Matrix Sentinel
Ultron Unlimited
Ultron Unlimited
Manhunter
Manhunter
Proto Bat-Bot
Proto Bat-Bot
Ultra Magnus
Ultra Magnus
Galactus Punisher Robot
Galactus Punisher Robot
OMAC
OMAC
Nimrod
Nimrod
Kree Sentry
Kree Sentry
Vision
Vision
Red Tornado
Red Tornado
Rom
Rom
Braniac
Braniac

PLEASE SAY WHO YOU THINK WILL WIN EACH FIGHT IN EACH ROUND! I know not everyone is familiar with every character, it's OK if you have to guess a bit.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By owie  Moderator

OK, I'll bump this with my own answers, see if it gets any debate.

Round 1: 

Victor Mancha beats Box, although Box would put up a decent fight.  Mancha is just at a different level of technology and his E-M  blasts are pretty good.

The Omnidroid beats the Sentinel.  The Omnidroids were pretty adaptable and physically bigger.

Ultron beats the Manhunter, I think.  I'm not a Manhunter expert, but I think Ultron's adamantium would be tough for them to beat, and his disintegrator is a pretty good offensive weapon.

Ultra Magnus beats the Proto Bat-Bot, he has some cool weapons but U-M is a way smarter/more experienced fighter.

I am also not an OMAC expert, but I think it could take the Punisher robot after a long battle.

Nimrod could beat the Kree Sentry through diversity of weapons and self-repair capacity, but it would be a good fight.

I think Vision could beat Red Tornado by using his intangibility strategically.

Brainiac beats Rom.

Round 2 :
I think the Omnidroid perhaps beats Victor Mancha through (again) its adaptability and size.

Ultron beats Ultra Magnus.  Ultra Magnus is higher tech, probably, but can't really beat Ultron's adamantium.

I think that Nimrod could beat the OMAC.  Again he's super-adaptable.

Vision could probably take Brainiac by once again using his intangibility.

Round 3:
Ultron beats the Omnidroid.  Ultron is more hard-core than his "son" Mancha when it comes to offense and defense.

Nimrod beats Vision.  Vision's intangibility is something Nimrod has had to deal with before, so he would know how to fight against it.

Round 4:
Ah, my fave-rave robots.  I think Nimrod beats Ultron, through BFR if nothing else, by reversing his gravity, or perhaps catching him in a shock web.

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By sandiego008

Alright lets do this!

@Owie said:

OK, I'll bump this with my own answers, see if it gets any debate.

Round 1:
Victor Mancha beats Box, although Box would put up a decent fight. Mancha is just at a different level of technology and his E-M blasts are pretty good.
Man I want to give this to box so bad ... but I think you are right mancha would take this.

The Omnidroid beats the Sentinel. The Omnidroids were pretty adaptable and physically bigger.
I'm going w/ you on this one as well. Heck this one I didn't even have to read a page or two about each character ... woot!

Ultron beats the Manhunter, I think. I'm not a Manhunter expert, but I think Ultron's adamantium would be tough for them to beat, and his disintegrator is a pretty good offensive weapon.
I feel this would be a really good battle ... but I agree Ultron would win in the end.

Ultra Magnus beats the Proto Bat-Bot, he has some cool weapons but U-M is a way smarter/more experienced fighter.
I agree

I am also not an OMAC expert, but I think it could take the Punisher robot after a long battle.
I feel like the punisher robot would be to much for omac .. .although I'm not an expert on either.

Nimrod could beat the Kree Sentry through diversity of weapons and self-repair capacity, but it would be a good fight.
I agree ...

I think Vision could beat Red Tornado by using his intangibility strategically.
I agree

Brainiac beats Rom.
Agree

Round 2 :
I think the Omnidroid perhaps beats Victor Mancha through (again) its adaptability and size.
Disagree going w/ mancha ... again on this one ... size isn't everything. And its adaptability came from losing a ton of times and being reborn/made again.

Ultron beats Ultra Magnus. Ultra Magnus is higher tech, probably, but can't really beat Ultron's adamantium.
Agree ultron should take this.
I think that Nimrod vs. Punisher .

This would be a tough fight but got to again give this to the punisher in an extremely tight battle.

Vision could probably take Brainiac by once again using his intangibility.
agree
Round 3:
Ultron beats the mancha
Ultron is just to beast for mancha

punisher vs Vision. Vision's intangibility is something Nimrod has had to deal with before, so he would know how to fight against it.
Again ... going w/ punisher on this one ....although it would be a tough fight

Round 4: Punisher beats Ultron
Have to go w/ ultron .. although I think punisher could take it.

Thanks again for another great bracket ... i'll get through them all eventually ... just been busy busy busy w/ work/life and all.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By owie  Moderator
@sandiego008: I could see all those outcomes too...the Punsher robots especially...I also wanted Box to win, and I know he's right up your Alpha Flight-loving alley!
sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sandiego008

@Owie: You actually reminded me off him ... and I made a vs thread due to it ahhahhaha ... no idea if he has a chance in hell ... but he is a pretty beast character ... combo of forge and magneto ...

DedmanWalkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DedmanWalkin

Ultron should win this as he was able to take on multiple armies of temporally collected foes solo enough times that he caused Kang to break time.