• 126 results
#1 Posted by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7084 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice Deapool & Wolverine pic.

#3 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd put my money on Wolverine and Deadpool in this situation.

#4 Edited by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk who Sang Chi is... But KO is allowed so DP's healing factor should not be a problem for Slade or Drakon

#5 Posted by GhostRider2 (3227 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Deadpool.

#6 Edited by godzilla44 (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19 said:

Idk who Sang Chi is... But KO is allowed so DP's healing factor should be a problem for Slade or Drakon >.<

well he said wolverine has his healing factor but he didn't say anything about deadpool's healing I'll ask OP about it

#7 Posted by godzilla44 (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: what about deadpool healing nobody can put him down with

#8 Edited by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

@deathstroke19 said:

Idk who Sang Chi is... But KO is allowed so DP's healing factor should be a problem for Slade or Drakon >.<

well he said wolverine has his healing factor but he didn't say anything about deadpool's healing I'll ask OP about it

The reason I specified wolverines healing factor is because current wolverine doesn't have his healing factor. SO yes deadpool has his healing factor.

Nice Deapool & Wolverine pic.

Thanks!

#9 Posted by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool isn't impossible to drop when he has his healing factor. There are ways of incapacitating him.

#10 Edited by godzilla44 (2494 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@godzilla44 said:

Deadpool isn't impossible to drop when he has his healing factor. There are ways of incapacitating him.

ya but I don't think the anybody here can though

#11 Edited by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

@godzilla44: Why? Deadpool has been dropped by having his head removed before and everyone here is capable of decapitating him or putting him down with other means.Deadpool is tough but not that tough.

#12 Posted by eternityx (2360 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Wolverine wins IMO.

#13 Edited by laflux (13692 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44.

I'll take Team Healers. Both Wolverine and Deapool have the capacity to drop either members of the other team-specifially Logan (Although not for majority in the case of Deadpool) in close quarter combat, Deadpool's ranged ability is only equalled or exceeded by Slade in such regards, and while all the combatants have the ability to either tank or aviod projectiles, its still a nice advantage. By contrast Drakon and Chi are unlikely to put down Logan down, and will struggle with Wade (Though he can be K.O'ed). While Iron Fist and Deathstroke has what it takes to beat Logan (I argue Fist takes Logan 5/10 split) and Slade loses around 6/10 to Logan, thier team-mates drag thier overall offensive team's output down IMO.

Its funny cause I was going to make this match-up, except give Drakon Carboduim Knives, and Shang-Chi his Eletrified Batons :P

@wolverine08 @god_spawn @super_soldierxii thoughts?

#14 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

I must call upon my secret weapon @cable_extreme:

It would also be nice to talk to you again lol.

#15 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (19883 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Deadpool.

#16 Posted by velle37 (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Deadpool are the most durable and have the best healing factors. Constantine is outclassed, and Shang Chi is just human. Iron Fist and Deathstroke will give them trouble but Team 1 should win.

#17 Posted by Cable_Extreme (7989 posts) - - Show Bio

I must call upon my secret weapon @cable_extreme:

It would also be nice to talk to you again lol.

Deathstroke is burdened by his partner ):

#18 Posted by Deathstroke19 (3799 posts) - - Show Bio

@cable_extreme: Yeah I don't know much about Drakon besides that he has really good reaction times and I didn't think he was really on par with the others here but yeah.

That was mostly bait to get you on the Vine lol. Hows it been going? It seems like you were on every time I was when I first got the account but now your barely on when I am :( Deathstroke sad.

#19 Posted by CF12793 (2869 posts) - - Show Bio
@laflux said:

@jashro44.

I'll take Team Healers. Both Wolverine and Deapool have the capacity to drop either members of the other team-specifially Logan (Although not for majority in the case of Deadpool) in close quarter combat, Deadpool's ranged ability is only equalled or exceeded by Slade in such regards, and while all the combatants have the ability to either tank or aviod projectiles, its still a nice advantage. By contrast Drakon and Chi are unlikely to put down Logan down, and will struggle with Wade (Though he can be K.O'ed). While Iron Fist and Deathstroke has what it takes to beat Logan (I argue Fist takes Logan 5/10 split) and Slade loses around 6/10 to Logan, thier team-mates drag thier overall offensive team's output down IMO.

Its funny cause I was going to make this match-up, except give Drakon Carboduim Knives, and Shang-Chi his Eletrified Batons :P

Was about to type something similar to this, but then I realized I didn't have to.

Deadpool & Wolverine get my vote.

#20 Posted by MonsterStomp (15219 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Deadpool. With their OP healing factors.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

Haters gonna hate.

#22 Posted by batmannflash (6166 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Wolverine

#23 Posted by MonsterStomp (15219 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

Haters gonna hate.

I aint hating. Its just fact :D

#24 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

@monsterstomp said:

Haters gonna hate.

I aint hating. Its just fact :D

OP healing factors are the sh%t!

#25 Posted by MonsterStomp (15219 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it. I'd put my money on Team Iron Fist.

This is how I see it.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke - Reason: Merc with the Mouth will mouth off to Slade about being the rip off and all. The result will be Deadpool trying to find his head.

Wolverine vs Iron Fist (with chi I presume) - Reason: Both seem like the biggest threats here. Iron Fist gave T'Challa a massive fight and even though he lost, Black Panther seemed pretty wasted himself. Vibranium > Adamantium, I feel like Danny will eventually win.

Drakon vs Shang Chi - Reason: Wild card. They just seem like the odd ones out, so I see them fighting each other. Not sure who'd win, but if the topic of Shang Chi and Shiva is getting a lot of hype, I'll put money on Shang Chi.

Remaining contestants:

Deathstroke

Danny and Shang Chi

Obviously this is subjective.

#26 Edited by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

This is how I see it.

Deadpool vs Deathstroke - Reason: Merc with the Mouth will mouth off to Slade about being the rip off and all. The result will be Deadpool trying to find his head.

Wolverine vs Iron Fist (with chi I presume) - Reason: Both seem like the biggest threats here. Iron Fist gave T'Challa a massive fight and even though he lost, Black Panther seemed pretty wasted himself. Vibranium > Adamantium, I feel like Danny will eventually win.

Drakon vs Shang Chi - Reason: Wild card. They just seem like the odd ones out, so I see them fighting each other. Not sure who'd win, but if the topic of Shang Chi and Shiva is getting a lot of hype, I'll put money on Shang Chi.

Remaining contestants:

Deathstroke

Danny and Shang Chi

I wouldn't call virbanium better than adamantium. It has crazy damage soaking durability, but it falls just a bit short for me when you weigh them out. Vibranium protects better against stabbing damage while adamantium has better overall soaking ability IMO. As for Iron Fist (Chi amped) and Logan, I feel that is more of a 50-50 split, or something that may fall into Logan's hand after a bloodly rumble. They are both in the same tier skill wise so that really won't be the deciding factor. They are also both repping crazy damage out puts with the Chi and adamantium claws, and what I really feel would be the deciding factor would be durability. Danny does have the ability to drop James after a bit with that crazy damage he throws out put, but James has the capacity to soak a bit before he gets dropped, whereas Danny is walking on a thin line here. One good claw stab and it will be over for him. He is more or less a nuclear bomb made out of paper mache. This kind of comes to mind when I think about his fight with Black Panther. Black Panther could have dropped him with the anti metal claws or energy daggers if he really wanted to kill him. I'd lean a bit towards Wolverine in a fight between him and Danny due to the durability factor IMO.

As for Shang and Shiva, it got a lot of hype, but the thread was mostly filled with God_Spawn and CitizenBane obliterating the arguments that Shang is top 5 most skilled in Marvel. He's good, but not incredible. More around Nightwing level. Looks like Marvel is trying to increase his limited showings though.

#27 Posted by Shawnbaby (10387 posts) - - Show Bio

Team X-Force. They can simply soak way more damage than the other 2 teams.

#28 Posted by MonsterStomp (15219 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: That's a fair analysis. I'm not, by any means, an expert on Iron Fist, I was just drawing on what I know. The difference I see between vibranium and adamantium is the ability to soak vibration, Wolverine will probably get slogged throughout the city because adamanium doesn't soak vibration, it tanks it, he'll be a subject of inertia, whereas T'Challa wasn't (or at least it was limited). I think the fight will be brutal, though doesn't Danny heal just as good with chi? I've seen people make that argument on the Vine.

In regards to Drakon and Shang. Drakon should win if that's the case.

#29 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp: The adamantium skeleton redistributes impact shock distributed through blunt force extremely whereas vibranium soaks kinetic energy thrown its way. Kind of similar.

Danny actually have some healing capabilities due to his extreme skill with manipulating Chi. It's pretty decent. With some great concentration, he was able to revive an extremely injured Luke Cage. But it's not really great enough to the point where I say he'd keep going optimally after a stab or two in the heart or other vital areas. He'll last a little, but it won't be a massive factor in the battle in comparison to Logan's healing.

#30 Posted by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@monsterstomp said:

This is how I see it.

Remaining contestants:

Deathstroke

Danny and Shang Chi

I wouldn't call virbanium better than adamantium. It has crazy damage soaking durability, but it falls just a bit short for me when you weigh them out. Vibranium protects better against stabbing damage while adamantium has better overall soaking ability IMO. As for Iron Fist (Chi amped) and Logan, I feel that is more of a 50-50 split, or something that may fall into Logan's hand after a bloodly rumble. They are both in the same tier skill wise so that really won't be the deciding factor. They are also both repping crazy damage out puts with the Chi and adamantium claws, and what I really feel would be the deciding factor would be durability. Danny does have the ability to drop James after a bit with that crazy damage he throws out put, but James has the capacity a bit before he gets dropped, whereas Danny is walking on a thing here. One good claw stab and it will be over for him. He is more or less a nuclear bomb made out of paper mache. This kind of comes to mind when I think about his fight with Black Panther. Black Panther could have dropped him with the anti metal claws or energy daggers if he really wanted to kill him. I'd lean a bit towards Wolverine in a fight between him and Danny due to the durability factor IMO.

As for Shang and Shiva, it got a lot of hype, but the thread was mostly filled with God_Spawn and CitizenBane obliterating the arguments that Shang is top 5 most skilled in Marvel. He's good, but not incredible. More around Nightwing level. Looks like Marvel is trying to increase his limited showings though.

Problem with vibranium, more specifically, T'Challa's vibranium suit, is it is susceptible to cutting damage. Wolverine only has to cut against the grain and he knows this. The comparison between vibranium and adamantium is a moot point anyways. Obviously, Iron Fist has the damage output to drop Wolverine. The problem is, the inverse is far more true. Danny's advantage, one that abridges the distance somewhat, is he is a far more defensive fighter than Wolverine is.

Still, Danny is a glass cannon. Wolverine need tag him but once. That's why it's a very, very close fight. Both can land that telling blow. Danny will soak far less, but is more apt to avoid than Wolverine. Tough call. Question really is does Shang Chi hold out longer against either Deadpool or Wolverine ... I tend to think not due to the mutants' durability as aforementioned.

#31 Posted by nick_hero22 (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and Constatine Drakon

#32 Posted by MonsterStomp (15219 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I think comparing cutting against the grain was an invalid argument. That sh*t actually confused me, lol.

#33 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: I forgot about Danny's top tier avoidance there for a sec. Good point.

#34 Posted by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@jashro44.

Well I probably should have specified since some people are unaware of the nunchucks shang has in Hickmans avengers but i did intend to let him have them here (I will upload scans in large size so every one sees his current standard gear).

All though about giving Drakon Carbodium knives I think thats a bit much. With his speed and skill he will tag Logan (especially with Logans fighting style), and I think Drakon would be a bit much. I think Logan can take him in this scenario but I see it being difficult (similar to a fight with Mister X but obviously not the exact same). I also personally think it would be to much for deadpool as well.

Here is shang chis current gear if anyone is interested.

#35 Posted by laflux (13692 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@jashro44

All though about giving Drakon Carbodium knives I think thats a bit much. With his speed and skill he will tag Logan (especially with Logans fighting style), and I think Drakon would be a bit much. I think Logan can take him in this scenario but I see it being difficult (similar to a fight with Mister X but obviously not the exact same). I also personally think it would be to much for deadpool as well.

Perhaps, more so if Logan and Wade don't know he's packing such weaponry. I am a sucker for including Carboduim in match-ups though lol.

#36 Posted by jashro44 (19149 posts) - - Show Bio

Care to elaborate since your the first person to pick them?

#37 Posted by nick_hero22 (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@nick_hero22 said:

Care to elaborate since your the first person to pick them?

1) Deathstroke is by far the best tactician here along with having superhuman intelligence and previous experience with Constantine Drakon which will definitely improve their team dynamics, and allow them to coordinate attacks much better in comparison to the other teams in this match. And, I would also argue that Deathstroke's versatility (weapons) in this fight is only second to Iron Fist's chi manipulation.

2) Deathstroke and Constantine Drakon are among the most fastest and skilled fighters in this match, whereas both Shang Chi and Deadpool are the weaker links of their respective teams. Also, Deathstroke is overall metahuman in terms of physical stats. The only character I see contending with him in the pure stats department is Wolverine.

In general, I believe that Deathstroke and Constantine Drakon have the most advantages in comparison to the other teams in this fight.

#38 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

1) Deathstroke is by far the best tactician here along with having superhuman intelligence and previous experience with Constantine Drakon which will definitely improve their team dynamics, and allow them to coordinate attacks much better in comparison to the other teams in this match.

All duos here have rather extensive experience fighting together though. It's a random. I don't think DS' strategic superiority will tip the scales overly much. I mean, care to explain how and why something like this grants them a majority?

And, I would also argue that Deathstroke's versatility (weapons) in this fight is only second to Iron Fist's chi manipulation.

A lot of folks talk about "versatility" as though the mere mention of the word is a "nuff said" type thing. It really isn't. I mean, he has guns and a blade. So does Deadpool. Those are the tools he principally fights with. His armor won't save him from the claws. What's he going to do to team feral with neural pellets, flash grenades and proximity bombs? They're designed to disorient and temporarily incapacitate. None of which will work on team X and all of which are avoidable by team Chi (guns and such paraphernalia are notorious jobbers in comic land as we all know).

That, and 50 feet starting distance really, really isn't substantial distance to take advantage of range for any length of time against any of the fighters here.

2) Deathstroke and Constantine Drakon are among the most fastest and skilled fighters in this match,

Most fastest = double superlative. Surely thou dost mean simply "fastest" my good man. Just had to let my grammar Nazi out for a sec there. Sorry!

They do not hold an advantage in skill and / or speed overall. Certainly not against the likes of Rand and Logan. Shang and Wade are debatable. Though I guess I would have to acquiesce that Slade, at least, is faster and more skilled than those two. Drakon is more skilled, but I'm not sure I'd bill him as all out faster. Shang, for now (as Marvel seems intent on building him up some), is the weak link preventing team Iron Fist from taking the cake. But Wade's durability, unpredictability, and gruesome creativity (will to blow himself up in proximity to win) abridge what he lacks in skill and grace to an extreme extent.

whereas both Shang Chi and Deadpool are the weaker links of their respective teams.

I agree with Shang, but I actually see Wade doing well against Drakon for above listed reasons.

Also, Deathstroke is overall metahuman in terms of physical stats. The only character I see contending with him in the pure stats department is Wolverine.

And I think the battle would boil down to just that ... Wolverine versus Deathstroke and Deadpool versus Drakon (with a few colorful switch-ups here and there to be sure). Which is to say, you think Deathstroke would defeat Wolverine essentially turning this into, yet again, another DS versus Wolverine debate.

La sigh.

#39 Posted by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Experio (13381 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and Deadpool.

#41 Posted by TheAmazingImmortalMan (2640 posts) - - Show Bio

Strategically Deathstroke and Drakon have the edge here but it shouldn't hold that much weight seeing as it is a random encounter, Drakon is also exceptionally fast and is very skilled in martial arts, he can pull Olivers arrows right out of the air while the are being shot at him. Skill and agility I would give the edge to IF and Shang, on the other hand it wouldn't keep them in this fight for too long as Drakon, Slade, and Wolvie are all exceptional in those areas and could give team Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon a run for their money in h2h combat. Logan and Wade have an immediate advantage with their exeptional healing factors. Since this is a triple threat team battle it can get kinda hairy, Logan can match and eventually beat anyone on this battle field, It wouldn't surprise me if Team Bruce Lee and Team HF teamed up to take out team merc first and than start battling eachother giving Team HF the victory. If they don't team up and break off into a huge melee than Team Gung Fu will most likely bite the dust first along with Drakon which would leave Slade vs Wade and Logan, who will each have regenerated by now and Slade is not beating Logan let alone Logan with help. Team LoganPool for the majoruty 6/10.

#42 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii: Don't sigh mate. I'm up for another Slade vs James debate :D

Have at em! I've debated Wolverine versus Spider-Man and Slade to death on this site. Feel like a broken record.

#43 Edited by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08 said:

Have at em! I've debated Wolverine versus Spider-Man and Slade to death on this site. Feel like a broken record.

The only debates I'm sick of regarding James are him vs Spider-Man. The ridiculous amount of out of context scans, "Spider-Man one shots" lines, etc. are just too much to bear.

I'm game for anything else though :)

#44 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

Everytime someone puts Danny in a team,they weak link him. Team regeneration wins,but give Fist an on par ability fighter and team 2 wins.

#45 Edited by Wyldsong (4978 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish Shang had better and more showings, because Danny is a beast on his own, but I think he'll get overwhelmed here in the end (though he could pull a good majority over just about everyone on this list 1 on 1). Going with team 1 for the overall win.

#46 Posted by nick_hero22 (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

1) Deathstroke is by far the best tactician here along with having superhuman intelligence and previous experience with Constantine Drakon which will definitely improve their team dynamics, and allow them to coordinate attacks much better in comparison to the other teams in this match.

All duos here have rather extensive experience fighting together though. It's a random. I don't think DS' strategic superiority will tip the scales overly much. I mean, care to explain how and why something like this grants them a majority?

And, I would also argue that Deathstroke's versatility (weapons) in this fight is only second to Iron Fist's chi manipulation.

A lot of folks talk about "versatility" as though the mere mention of the word is a "nuff said" type thing. It really isn't. I mean, he has guns and a blade. So does Deadpool. Those are the tools he principally fights with. His armor won't save him from the claws. What's he going to do to team feral with neural pellets, flash grenades and proximity bombs? They're designed to disorient and temporarily incapacitate. None of which will work on team X and all of which are avoidable by team Chi (guns and such paraphernalia are notorious jobbers in comic land as we all know).

That, and 50 feet starting distance really, really isn't substantial distance to take advantage of range for any length of time against any of the fighters here.

2) Deathstroke and Constantine Drakon are among the most fastest and skilled fighters in this match,

Most fastest = double superlative. Surely thou dost mean simply "fastest" my good man. Just had to let my grammar Nazi out for a sec there. Sorry!

They do not hold an advantage in skill and / or speed overall. Certainly not against the likes of Rand and Logan. Shang and Wade are debatable. Though I guess I would have to acquiesce that Slade, at least, is faster and more skilled than those two. Drakon is more skilled, but I'm not sure I'd bill him as all out faster. Shang, for now (as Marvel seems intent on building him up some), is the weak link preventing team Iron Fist from taking the cake. But Wade's durability, unpredictability, and gruesome creativity (will to blow himself up in proximity to win) abridge what he lacks in skill and grace to an extreme extent.

whereas both Shang Chi and Deadpool are the weaker links of their respective teams.

I agree with Shang, but I actually see Wade doing well against Drakon for above listed reasons.

Also, Deathstroke is overall metahuman in terms of physical stats. The only character I see contending with him in the pure stats department is Wolverine.

And I think the battle would boil down to just that ... Wolverine versus Deathstroke and Deadpool versus Drakon (with a few colorful switch-ups here and there to be sure). Which is to say, you think Deathstroke would defeat Wolverine essentially turning this into, yet again, another DS versus Wolverine debate.

La sigh.

1) I am honestly puzzled why Deathstroke's prowess as a tactician wouldn't be a factor here, since his standard arsenal and the terrain would allow him conjure up many tactical scenarios to exploit. Deathstroke is know to carry explosives, so I don't see why he couldn't rig up a couple of obstacles in the environment to cause distractions, a means to separate opposing teams, or a plain old surprise attack. I never stated that the other teams don't have extensive history, but what I am arguing that Deathstroke previous history with Constantine and his superior tactical prowess would allow them to coordinate much better and complement each other strengths and weaknesses.

2) Deathstroke carries around swords, firearms, thrown weapons, explosives, promethium mesh, his power staff, and etc., this makes him formidable at both range and close quarters combat. And, he is also a pretty good marksman as well. For Team Feral, Deathstroke could throw a flash grenade and lead Wolverine into some major construction area which has already been pre-rigged up and simply denote the area which would trap and incapacitate temporarily, while Constantine and him knock Deadpool unconscious in a 2 vs 1 match.

3) Sorry about the typo :)

I never stated that they were the most skilled and fastest fighters here, but they roughly close to the other heavy hitters. And, in my honest opinion either fighter could hold their own against Iron Fist or Wolverine. As far as combat speed, I'm convinced that Drakon is faster; well established characters like Connor have been utterly humiliated by Drakon (I don't even think he even landed a hit). Also, believe that Speedy was present in that fight as well. I already offered a scenario that I think Team Deathstroke and Constantine can use to win against Wolverine and Deadpool. In the above scenario a flash grenade could be used to lead Wolverine away from Deadpool who would be temporarily distorted by the flash which would give Drakon enough of a upperhand to hold him off until Deathstroke traps Wolverine.

4) I think it would take both Drakon and Deathstroke to take down Wolverine in the end.

#47 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6128 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

I am honestly puzzled why Deathstroke's prowess as a tactician wouldn't be a factor here, since his standard arsenal and the terrain would allow him conjure up many tactical scenarios to exploit. Deathstroke is know to carry explosives, so I don't see why he couldn't rig up a couple of obstacles in the environment to cause distractions,

Who's going to hand him the luxury of time needed to set up much of anything? He'll be too busy staving off attacks. Doesn't make sense in a random all out brawl.

or a plain old surprise attack

There's no surprising Wolverine. And they start in plain sight of one another.

but what I am arguing that Deathstroke previous history with Constantine and his superior tactical prowess would allow them to coordinate much better and complement each other strengths and weaknesses.

I don't see why. Certainly not to any meaningful extent to grant a majority in a random encounter. Care to point out what, exactly, in their history together will allow them to compliment one another in any measure to grant superiority over the other teams? Wolverine and Wade's run over on X-Force cements a stronger partnership in my mind. Any teammate willing to cut off parts of his body and feed them to me to keep me alive is aces in my book ;P

For Team Feral, Deathstroke could throw a flash grenade and lead Wolverine into some major construction area which has already been pre-rigged up and simply denote the area which would trap and incapacitate temporarily, while Constantine and him knock Deadpool unconscious in a 2 vs 1 match.

Or, Wolverine and Deadpool could just, say, run up and start fighting them. Your scenario denotes a modicum of prep and planning. This is a heated battle. They start in sight, a mere 50 feet apart. Deathstroke is not taking a "timeout" to go off and rig anything. C'mon now.

This will be a melee fight like it or not. Distance can be closed relatively easily. It is a random encounter and bullets simply won't cut it.

Further, as the OP doesn't designate otherwise, all parties are fighting in character. Which makes things highly likely team chi and team x will work against team merc from the get go before going at each others throats.

#48 Posted by laflux (13692 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_soldierxii said:

@wolverine08 said:

The ridiculous amount of out of context scans, "Spider-Man one shots" lines, etc. are just too much to bear.

#49 Edited by Wolverine08 (38042 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Edited by nick_hero22 (6707 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22:

I am honestly puzzled why Deathstroke's prowess as a tactician wouldn't be a factor here, since his standard arsenal and the terrain would allow him conjure up many tactical scenarios to exploit. Deathstroke is know to carry explosives, so I don't see why he couldn't rig up a couple of obstacles in the environment to cause distractions,

Who's going to hand him the luxury of time needed to set up much of anything? He'll be too busy staving off attacks. Doesn't make sense in a random all out brawl.

or a plain old surprise attack

There's no surprising Wolverine. And they start in plain sight of one another.

but what I am arguing that Deathstroke previous history with Constantine and his superior tactical prowess would allow them to coordinate much better and complement each other strengths and weaknesses.

I don't see why. Certainly not to any meaningful extent to grant a majority in a random encounter. Care to point out what, exactly, in their history together will allow them to compliment one another in any measure to grant superiority over the other teams? Wolverine and Wade's run over on X-Force cements a stronger partnership in my mind. Any teammate willing to cut off parts of his body and feed them to me to keep me alive is aces in my book ;P

For Team Feral, Deathstroke could throw a flash grenade and lead Wolverine into some major construction area which has already been pre-rigged up and simply denote the area which would trap and incapacitate temporarily, while Constantine and him knock Deadpool unconscious in a 2 vs 1 match.

Or, Wolverine and Deadpool could just, say, run up and start fighting them. Your scenario denotes a modicum of prep and planning. This is a heated battle. They start in sight, a mere 50 feet apart. Deathstroke is not taking a "timeout" to go off and rig anything. C'mon now.

This will be a melee fight like it or not. Distance can be closed relatively easily. It is a random encounter and bullets simply won't cut it.

Further, as the OP doesn't designate otherwise, all parties are fighting in character. Which makes things highly likely team chi and team x will work against team merc from the get go before going at each others throats.

1) This is a 3-way team battle, Deathstroke could easily use something in his arsenal such as a smoke pellet to break away from the pack with Drakon while Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Wolverine, and Deadpool go at it in a cloud of smoke. During this time he could potentially rig up the environment.

2) If it's already pre-rigged then the only Deathstroke to do is lead him into the trap, and as I stated before the flash grenade would blind Wolverine so he will have to rely heavily on his sense of smell to chase after Deathstroke, who could agitate and frustrate him by utilizing his firearms which would throw him off to the explosives that are rigged to denote nearby. And, on top of that Wolverine would have balance using his senses to chase Slade and to avoid other combatants. So, it's quite plausible that this scenario could work in my opinion.

3) The combination of having work together before and Slade's superior tactical prowess would allow to better coordinate (heavy emphasis on Slade's tactical skils). "His superior tactical prowess would allow them to coordinate much better and complement each other strengths and weaknesses". I'm not saying that the other teams are lacking in the team dynamics department, but they don't have the tactical superiority that Deathstroke has in this fight.

4) A 50 foot distance is more than ample distance for Slade to throw down a smoke grenade or pellet to do what I summarized in my first response. He doesn't have to prep in this fight, when he could simply just be vigilante of the battlefield to gauge his opponents capabilities and test the waters himself and pull out if things get too hairy. That is an interesting point you bring up about Team Wolverine and Team Iron Fist ganging up on Team Deathstroke, but I really don't see that being a plausible scenario when this is a random encounter and very little is known about Team Deathstroke. I definitely see Team Wolverine trying to take down Team Iron Fist first before expending all of there energy on Team Deathstroke and vise versa for Team Iron Fist since they are aware of how dangerous they are to each other (both have extremely heavy hitters Iron Fist and Wolverine), and this would be even more plausible for Team Iron Fist since they lack a healing factor, so any damage that they sustain (Shang Chi would most likely be critically injured) from Team Deathstroke would hamper them in their fight against Wolverine and Deadpool. I'm a 100% positive that both teams would test the waters against Team Deathstroke, but Team Wolverine would be the team to beat since both Deadpool and Wolverine are metahumans with ridiculous healing factors; so I don't think any other team wants to expend all of their energy in combat and then have to take down Team Wolverine last.