Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dimitridkatsis
No Caption Provided

Ozymandias, Comedian, Rorschach,NiteOwl II and Silk Spectre II, movie versions

versus

Huo Yanjia, Ip Man, Mad Dog, Bone and Mallory Kane

H2H, no guns, weapons or any kind of armor or gadgets.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol wot?

Seriously though, Watchmen.

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

You brought mad dog into this fight? Oh sh*t!!

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@frisky4 said:

lol wot?

Seriously though, Watchmen.

You know the other guys right?

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Frisky4

@dimitridkatsis: I know Mad Dog and Bone. Barely. Still, Rorschach is an incredibly vicious fighter, Silk Spectre and Nite Owl are very talented martial artists of roughly equivalent skill, Comedian is very aggresive, but a little sloppy, and Ozy is practically Wesker in that movie.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one on Team 2 can stand up to Ozzy's physicals. Except possibly Mallory Kane, I've never seen Haywire.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frisky4: most things Mad Dog and Bone have done top Rorscach, Nite Owl and Silk Spectre's as far as skill goes, Ip Man has more focus than Comedian and Ozymandias wasn't of that level of speed and his skill isn't on par with Huo's.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one on Team 2 can stand up to Ozzy's physicals. Except possibly Mallory Kane, I've never seen Haywire.

No one on team 1 can stand up to Huo's skill not even Ozzy.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I'm curious to why you're emphasizing Yuanjia's skill, as Mad Dog is clearly the most skilled fighter here. Regardless, Yuanjia can't compete with Ozymandias' overwhelming strength and speed, not to mention he is a martial arts master in his own right.

EyeDCyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By EyeDCyou

Watchmen. Ozy is op af.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Frisky4
dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By dimitridkatsis

@sheenlantern: I don't think Mad Dog showed anything that puts him above Huo certainly not Ozymandias skillwise

Loading Video...

this is very impressive after 1:00, he breaks a man's arm by puching his fist and he's not even using the move that killed that other master. I think Huo is the better fighter here and I don't see any dramatic difference in combat speed between him and Ozymandias.

@frisky4 here.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: If you go back and watch Watchmen again, you'll see Nite Owl displayed greater punching power than that in the street fight with Silk Spectre.

Of course Mad Dog is more skilled than Huo Yuanjia, what's Huo Yuanjia's best showing? Killing a featless kung fu master? Mad Dog beat Rama and Randi at the same time, Rama being able to take on hordes of bad guys all with weapons and beat them all, he also had some crazy feats in The Raid 2, like killing Hammergirl and Baseball Bat Man simultaneously.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: not really greater punching power just the bone showing after the arm break and I don't put martial artists in the same level as street gangs also the number of combatants was less for NO and SS.

Mad Dog fought Rama after he'd been through hell, and how many feats his opponents had, or his brother, Or Jaka? Huo ridiculed other martial artists, the wrestling, boxer, spear and sword champions and the japanese guy didn't stand much of a chance either. He was drunk and angry when he fought the other ma teacher in the restaurant and still he took his sword from him when unarmed and killed him with one punch. Haven't watched the Raid 2 yet but I don't think Rama's showings there have much to do with Mad Dog's in this movie.

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: A thug's bones aren't any easier to break than a martial artist's.

Watch The Raid 2. Then you will understand why being able to curbstomp Rama is a big deal.

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: Nice! If you believe they're so outclassed, why start the argument? Anyway, here's the best fight scenes of Watchmen, so you can directly compare:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

and

Loading Video...

Notice how powerful Ozy's hits are! They send people flying!

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: A thug's bones aren't any easier to break than a martial artist's.

Watch The Raid 2. Then you will understand why being able to curbstomp Rama is a big deal.

You're not really making an argument

Watching that movie is on my to do list.

chaos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only movie I've seen here is bone and the best thing I remember was that one fighter was called the homicidal homosexual

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I only mentioned that scene to make note of Nite Owl's striking power. Nothing more.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sheenlantern: avoiding hits from trained opponents and breaking their arms is quite more impressive is all I'm saying too. Seen a clip Rama gets overpowered in a bathroom or something, that don't put him so high in my book.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martial Artists win. Not impressed by Watchmen except maybe Ozy.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

watchmen ftw, overall physicals, and half of them have armor on. I dare say the MA's are more skilled though

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By dimitridkatsis
Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight: how you think a fight between Rorschach and Mad Dog would go? Ip Man and Comedian?

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By dimitridkatsis

Clips for whoever isn't familiar with the characters

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchmen

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol

Watchmen

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ip Man would kick most of their butts one on one. Let alone Huo and Bone. I like watchmen but unless they can actually connect their strikes against the martial artists who are trained to dodge, block, counter, and use their opponents momentum agaisnt themselves. Dont get me wrong most of the watchmen are tough as nails (Rorschach and Comedian) and Ozy is really fast and super intelligent. So it will take awhile to bring them down for good.But they really dont work well as a team. Nite Owl and Spectre go down first. I see the Martial Artists winning 6-7/10

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

'Adrian Veidt is depicted at the pinnacle of human physical ability, to the point of being able to mentally calculate physical reaction times, anticipate the pull of a trigger, and reflexively catch a bullet. He is a superb fighter and martial artist, almost a superhuman unarmed combatant". Ozymandias was casually sending Rorshach and Nite Owl flying across the room with hits. I was hoping Tony Jaa from ong bak would be in here.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tragic_johnson: most these fighters have kicked people away as well, Ozy knows how guns work and put his hand where the bullet was headed, impressive for sure but many people describe it as if he saw the bullet going there and caught it. Huo kicked a 7 foot wrestler off the ring while he was grabbed by one leg, Ip throws tens of punches within seconds, Bone followed other fighters' movement and one shotted them, Mad Dog's stamina and durability are phenomenal and Mallory has the prowess of an MMA fighter. The Ong Bak character was very good, I just wanted to try and match the Watchmen ones with whom I thought it would be more interesting.

DarthManhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarthManhunter

Its a really good battle scenario. If the Watchmen were to actually work cohesively they could pull out a win but boy would they be a mess.

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna say Watchmen, with Ozymandias as MVP, but I haven't seen most of those martial arts movies.

TraGiC_JoHNSoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I agree that Ozy knew where the bullet was headed but he didn't move until after she fired. He moved quick enough to fool them into thinking he got shot. Ozy wasn't going all out which is what makes his striking power stand out. I don't think he got hit once in all of his fight scenes either. Bone was watching the fighter throw the same kick during warm up so i wouldn't call that following other fighter's movements. I still need to watch IP man on Netflix.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By mickey-mouse

Watchmen are completely out-skilled, doesn't matter. They are stronger and faster, they still stomp. They were breaking peoples bones and sending people flying.

Only IP Man & Fearless will put up a good fight, their teammates are no where near their skill level. If you had made this with more Epic Asian Martial artists like crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Hero, etc....Then this would be a better fight.

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Penderor

Where is Bruce Lee?

Bboyyomama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything else aside, the comedian has ridiculous durability. Ozy slammed his head onto a counter (probably made of marble) and he caved in the counter instead of his head getting smashed.

Drew_Tan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As much as I wanna see Ip Man and Huo YuanJia pull out a win here, Ozzy alone could provide all 5 of team 2 a decent fight. With the rest of the Watchmen simply there as a distraction, team 2 stands little to no chance at all of winning. Also its important to note that the Watchmen have better stats in terms of strength and this gives them a significant advantage. The comedian punches through a brick wall and Ozzy doesn't even take a single hit from him and moreover throws him through a glass that was supposedly bulletproof or something.

In that fight scene he had vs night owl and rorschach, his kicks and punches were propelling them into the air. That speaks of his strength and skill alone.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While i think most members of the martial arts team can match, and even surpass, the Watchmen in terms of skill they can't do so in terms of physicality. Strength and speed will decide the winners here, and i think the Watchmen have the superior physical stats, just about. The lack of gear does give the martial artists a pretty serious edge, but the Watchmen's feats are just that little bit more ridiculous than most of their opponent's feats.

dimitridkatsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dimitridkatsis: I dont know if Rorschach can take mad dos unless he has prep or an environmental edge. comedian had strength and durability but ip man has some seriously fast strikes. i think comedian will win eventually

TheComedian_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Man this sucks. I LOVE Watchmen threads but don't know enough about the martial artists characters to say who I think would win. Also, my computer;s being really slow and the videos won't load'

Zemoftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martial artist's win

Killer94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

bump

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Martial artists will win. Ip man is an MVP, he could solo everyone but Ozy. Ozy is the only threat because he has super soldier level feats but the others have very average showings and will go down quickly. If someone who already proved he can fight much bigger/stronger opponents like Huo or Bones fight him, they can last until the rest of the Watchmen are down and they can easily gank up on him.

Avatar image for rampagethefirst
RampageTheFirst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watchmen.