• 71 results
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Dredeuced

@uberhikari: Thor has very good TP resistance feats, though some of the best ones are old. Stuff like Moondragon + Mind Gem and Thanos. I'm not siding with Thor vs Surfer, just don't think that should be an argument.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: Thor has very good TP resistance feats, though some of the best ones are old. Stuff like Moondragon + Mind Gem and Thanos. I'm not siding with Thor vs Surfer, just don't think that should be an argument.

Thor has TP resistance feats from like 50 years ago. For example in Thor 131, 132 + 135. Thor's other TP resistance feats come from the Blood and Thunder arc when Thor had the Power Gem and had also gone crazy. It's not clear if Thor was unable to be telepathically manipulated because he was crazy, because he had the power gem, or because he really does have resistance. Finally, Thor has 1 TP resistance feat against Xavier which seems to be PIS.

Overall, when Thor has TP resistance feats it's either against people who aren't that proficient in TP, from 50 years ago, involves context, or appears to be PIS. Thor has no strong TP resistance feats against someone on caliber with a bloodlusted Silver Surfer.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: I agree that it's inconsistent (Xavier and Red Skull with Xavier's brain have both gotten to him), but he doesn't seem particularly susceptible to TP as far as powers Surfer could beat him with goes.

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkraiden:

General consensus is not that Thor can't put down street levelers. Only Thor haters think that. Also every writer ever disagrees with you. Thor always wins or stalemates even when Surfer is amped.

First, don't mischaracterize my argument. I didn't say Thor can't put down street levelers, I said he doesn't have the speed to put down street levelers in an h2h fight.

Second, let's calm down with the name-calling. Implying that I'm a "Thor hater" is only gonna get you flagged.

Third, I don't care what every writer thinks. What the writers think is irrelevant to what would actually happen in a hypothetical match. What you're using is a logical fallacy known as appealing to authority. Just because X believes Y doesn't mean Y is true. Likewise, just because comic book writers believe that Thor would either stalemate or beat Silver Surfer doesn't mean that it's true.

Fifth, the very same comics that you're trying to use to assert that Thor is either equal to or stronger than Silver Surfer have consistently shown Thor to be extremely slow with respect to combat speed. That's why the general consensus on this forum is that Thor is a brick. You can't have it both ways by cherry picking your evidence from the comics: You can't use the comics to claim that Thor is equal to or stronger than Norrin, but reject evidence that shows Thor to be extremely slow with respect to combat + reaction speed.

Silver Surfer's versatility alone is too much for Thor. Has Thor ever even shown resistance to TP? No. Has he shown resistance to transmutation? No. These are very basic things that Surfer could do to Thor that Thor has no answer for. Plus, Silver Surfer's feats of destructive capacity and durability are all higher than Thor's. So, again, people need to stop using the comics as religious texts.

@experio said:

@uberhikari: No, Surfer definitely wouldn't solo bloodlusted or not, seeing as Thor has already defeated a serious no holding back Surfer in his own comic. And how can you talk about Thor not being able to put down street levelers when Surfer has been abused by the same pis triple the times Thor has?

See my response to @darkraiden above.

What? Like I said general consensus is that he easily puts down street levelers. If he couldn't tag them, that'd be impossible. duh.

As for calling you a Thor hater, I literally didn't. Just pointed out that only Thor haters would believe he's street level speed after all of his feats that say different. And just pure logic.

Comics have shown Thor thinking at FTL speeds and reacting to FTL events and fighters and even specifying that he has done certain actions in microseconds. So no he's not consistently slow. Only when holding back. And if we're using that, then Surfer's been tagged by Spidey, Rhino, Dracula, and Mexicans with a crowbar. We don't count these because they make no sense obviously.

And the difference between the speed and Surfer thing is that literally EVERY comic with Thor and Surfer in it displays Thor as his superior when they fight. The most Surfer has gotten to is his equal. Does Surfer beat down BRB and Cancerverse Thor? yeah. Does he ever beat 616 Thor? nope. never. Also Thor is just as, if not more versatile than Surfer.

Has he shown resistance to TP? Actually yes, just as much as Surfer, if not more. Moondragon and other type things including phoenix powered Emma Frost have failed to TP him. Resistance to Transmutation? Not sure, but he can simply absorb the cosmic power beam/blast into Mjolnir. Also Thor himself can transmutate things with Mjolnir. Durability? Both took a Supernova without a scratch. But Thor's taken attacks from multiple Celestials and skyfathers and has still been alive/conscious before. Surfer was oneshotted by Odin in contrast. Destructively, neither have passed much more than star busting and planet busting, except Thor's regularly hurt Skyfathers and multiversal beings like Chaos King with his lightning and wind (Glory). Surfer needed to access the Crunch, which nearly killed him, to do something similar.

Thor is simply Surfer's counter in every way. More durable, physically stronger, just as destructive, absorbs and reflects all energy (including power cosmic). Not to mention he's easily broken Surfer's own forcefields in just one strike. even when Surfer was empowered by Loki.

So not only does Thor consistently beat Surfer in comics, but he has the feats to back it.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By uberhikari

@uberhikari: I agree that it's inconsistent (Xavier and Red Skull with Xavier's brain have both gotten to him), but he doesn't seem particularly susceptible to TP as far as powers Surfer could beat him with goes.

He doesn't seem particularly susceptible? That's irrelevant. If someone doesn't have specific resistance then we don't assume that they have it.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

He doesn't seem particularly susceptible? That's irrelevant. If someone doesn't have specific resistance then we don't assume that they have it.

You are splitting hairs on jargon. Not being susceptible means the same thing as being resistant to, just different words.

TheTruthIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheTruthIII

Surfer can beat most of team one.

Odin can beat all of team 1 + Surfer

Complete, utter mismatch. So tempting to post a "in before the lock" meme.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

You are splitting hairs on jargon. Not being susceptible means the same thing as being resistant to, just different words.

I'm not sure what we're arguing about. Here is the 1 fact not in dispute: Thor has no clear feats of resisting TP from someone of the caliber of a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. Actual feats are what matter and Thor doesn't possess the requisite feats to resist the TP of Silver Surfer. How can I be splitting hairs? I've made my position very clear. The only one playing word games is you by switching around words and phrases.

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

I'm not sure what we're arguing about. Here is the 1 fact not in dispute: Thor has no clear feats of resisting TP from someone of the caliber of a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. Actual feats are what matter and Thor doesn't possess the requisite feats to resist the TP of Silver Surfer. How can I be splitting hairs? I've made my position very clear. The only one playing word games is you by switching around words and phrases.

There are clear feats, they're just old.

I switch around words and phrases because I don't like speaking in a stagnant way.

uberhikari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

I switch around words and phrases because I don't like speaking in a stagnant way.

This is not true. I never said there are no clear feats of TP resistance. I said Thor has no clear feats of resisting TP from someone of the caliber of a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. There's a huge difference. Even if I conceded that Thor has such TP resistance feats they come from 3 issues 50 years ago so there's no consistency. Again, what are we arguing about? I'm starting to suspect that you just want to keep this going for no reason. You either purposely mis-characterize what I write, accuse me of splitting hairs, or change around words and phrases.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Stormdriven

I really don't like how Surfer has powers he can pull out of his butt, yet is being constantly being beaten by people he should beat, or even stomp. Whatever happened to being the most powerful herald of Galactus? It's like Firelord being tagged by Spiderman.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uberhikaru.....odin would destroy surfer

Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced said:

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

@uberhikari said:

@dredeuced said:

This is not true. I never said there are no clear feats of TP resistance. I said Thor has no clear feats of resisting TP from someone of the caliber of a bloodlusted Silver Surfer. There's a huge difference. Even if I conceded that Thor has such TP resistance feats they come from 3 issues 50 years ago so there's no consistency. Again, what are we arguing about? I'm starting to suspect that you just want to keep this going for no reason. You either purposely mis-characterize what I write, accuse me of splitting hairs, or change around words and phrases.

I didn't mischaracterize anything. I thought that Surfer using TP was a weak part of your argument, but on the whole it doesn't change the fact that Surfer is much more powerful than Thor.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Glabal500
Dredeuced

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dredeuced: odin is more powerful then the surfer

Yes he is. We're talking about Thor.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@daseancomerwcr: He's not, Thor is the God of Thunder, Odin is the All Father.

That being said, Odin solos... Silver Surfer potentially solos too.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This thread is still around? There is no potential discussion value whatsoever. Odin alone stomp-solos.

generator2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@uberhikari: He's probably not going to beat team one. Odin will definitely beat team one, but Surfer is not soloing, bloodlusted or not.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spite! Odin stomp!

Avatar image for theamazingbatman
theamazingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Odin stomps

Epicbeast3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#71  Edited By Epicbeast3000

Odin Stomps and solos. Odin has destroyed multiple galaxies with just the side effects of his battles, and these guys; their most powerful attacks can only destroy planets-solar systems at best.