• 77 results
#1 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter, Ultimate Peter, Flash, and Kaine.

New 52 Slade, Daken, John, and Ultimate Osborn.

All Have Standard Gear. This includes Blast Staff, nth Metal, Mjornir with Shields, Plasma Blades, Plasma Grenades, Bubble Field, Cloak, ect for Super Soldier team.

No Other or Vulking out.

All are in character.

Death or KO.

Start on opposite ends of the base.

#2 Edited by Pope052 (3416 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider-Men, in a stomp...

#3 Posted by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

Copy cat :p

#5 Posted by dondave (38821 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders

#6 Posted by HyperViper97 (1342 posts) - - Show Bio

Spiders should take this easy

#7 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperviper97 said:

Spiders should take this easy

@dondave said:

Spiders

@pope052 said:

Curious as to why.

@strider92 said:

@cadencev2: Can Kaine use the "Other"?

No. No Vulking out either.

@jashro44 said:

Copy cat :p

Well I thought the spiders Stomp easy with yours.

MC Bubble Fields and Plasma Weapons to negate Webbing. Master Chief is near stats in speed and way above in Durability. He has his Weapons and Armor Cloaking.

GG is up there in terms of stats with Kaine and Venom Flash. He has Fire Projection to negate Webbing as well insane blasts of fire. Also dat Healing Factor!

Daken has Pheromones and M-Claws. As well that insane Disappearing trick. Healing Factor and Super senses.

Slade has his Promethium Sword, Nth Metal, Stats, and Blast Staff.

Also the SUper Soldier Team are all Morals Off in character were Peter and Ultimate Peter are Morals on!

Much more even.

#8 Posted by Juiceboks (10351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2 MC should actually exceed everyone in speed considering his suit multiplies his physical stats by 5.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

@cadencev2 MC should actually exceed everyone in speed considering his suit multiplies his physical stats by 5.

So I have heard. I argued against it myself, IMO I think he is by showings in novels on par with Spider Man.

#11 Posted by Juiceboks (10351 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks said:

So I have heard. I argued against it myself, IMO I think he is by showings in novels on par with Spider Man.

I think running half a kilometer in 17 seconds with a torn achilles tendon right after getting shot with a Scorpion shell is better than anything the Spider guys have done.

#12 Posted by OreoAssassin (5924 posts) - - Show Bio

So I'd say we put have Spidey and Kaine double team Green Goblin. Venom takes both Deathstroke and Wolverine at once and then have Ultimate Spidey try to distract Master Cheif for as long as he can hold up even though he is going down. Then have the 3 spiders triple team MC FTW

#13 Edited by bgibs13390 (912 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Spider is way too fast coupled with being very strong they take this pretty easily.

#14 Edited by Juiceboks (10351 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Spider is way too fast coupled with being very strong they take this pretty easily.

They're not faster than MC. And Ult GG is likely stronger than even Kaine.

#15 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

So I'd say we put have Spidey and Kaine double team Green Goblin. Venom takes both Deathstroke and Wolverine at once and then have Ultimate Spidey try to distract Master Cheif for as long as he can hold up even though he is going down. Then have the 3 spiders triple team MC FTW

Ummm.. there is no Wolverine. This is Daken, with the Pheromones?!

@bgibs13390 said:

Not true, Daken has kept up with Spider Man and almost beaten Peter by toying around :/ Also Master Chief by statements and showings is suppose to be even greater than Spider Man in Speed and Reaction. Ultimate Green Goblin keeps up with Ultimate Spider Man all the time.

So Not sure where your getting that from.....

#16 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Also this is a Post of Ultimate Green Goblin for the masses who do not read Ultimate Comics :)

Green Goblin

He was always the biggest and deadliest USM villain. He was the reason Spidey was created and dying in the end. He is very much unlike his counter part in power set. He does not rely on gear, but superior stats to USM own stats. He also has a insane durability, and can generate Plasma Fire attacks.

Powers

One of the biggest things to note og Green Goblins powers is the fact they are constantly evolving thru the whole series. He just gets tougher and tougher.

As seen here.

His main power is his stats and fire projection.

Scan 1: GG Blows apart tanks.

Scan 2: GG Blows away Security Blast Doors from a SHIELD Meta Human Prison.

Scan 3-4: GG Vaporizes more SHIELD.

Scan 5: We find out GG fire is plasma.

His fire projection is so powerful, he even destroyed a portion of the Ultimates Base when he raged out.

He can also Set himself on Fire.

Speed and Leaping

1-2) The guy also has insane fast leap feats to get around and catch Spidey in the air.

3) Jumps onto a airborne Heli Carrier above a city!

Durability

Norman's biggest asset.

Scan 1: Assault Rifle fire.

Scan 2: Attack Choppers with anti Vehicle Machine Guns.

Scan 3: GG with a special collar that lobotomizes any person trying to use their powers. Added to this he was being hit with Tranqs and ends with a Giant Man Pimp Hand!

Scan 4: GG tanks with ease Iron Man Repulsar Blast.

Scan 5-7: GG gets up after a few minuets from a all out Human Torch attack.

GG free falls from a Sky Scraper. Look at the damage he does here when he hits. He simply bounces off and turns back into Norman to keep off SHIELD's radar.

GG gets hit by SHIELDs Hulk Buster unit repeatedly and Anti Tank Missiles. All to no affect.

When attacked by Torch a second time, Norman learned he can Absorb the Nova level fire output of Human Torch.

The biggest weakness of GG is he is Insane, and makes poor moves at times.

Other Stats

As far Speed, Strength, ect, I say speed wise he is on par with Spidey. He is by far stronger as he has over power Peter many times

Now I will post the battle. Since many of them are posted above, I will post the ones that are not.

Battles

Goblins fist battle.

Goblin fights Spider Man with a plan.

Goblin is spectacular in this battle. Not only he manages Ultimate Cap the whole time, but the amount of damage soak to be the last main guy standing says alot.

Goblin vs Doc Ock in their first match against each other. Doc Ock at this time clearly had the upper hand, till Electro blasted him.

Spidey, Kitty, and SHIELD first attempt at Green Goblin.

Goblin's showdown with himself, Spider Man, Harry, and SHIELD. Tragic End for his son.

Green Goblin vs Doc Ock in their second and final fight. Very even fight at this point, Doc Ock ends up letting Norman kill him.

In the final battle between Goblin and Spider Man, Goblin was already banged up from a Human Torch all out attack. It takes Peter, MJ, and a Moving truck to finish Norman off once and for all.

Ultimate GG is by far the heaviest Hitter here.

Deathstroke

Character Profile

Despite his young age he was already considered the best soldier in his unit and being one of the most highly decorated.

After being mortally wounded on a secret mission for Team 7, Slade is recruited to undergo an experimental super-soldier program that would enhanced his senses,strength,speed and intelligence.

Shoots in three mercenaries simultaneously before they could pull their guns.

Deathstroke 1

Kill a black ops unit by himself in over a minute.

Hits a fly with a paper clip,reacting before her ''sixth sense'' could perceive the attack.

After receiving his mission, quickly create a attack plan.

At 40,000 feet above sea level jumps from a plane on a top other, ripping the door with his bare hands and battles Clayface-based soldier,with low oxygen.

Deathstroke 2

Using their own weapons and random things single handle a group of mercenaries in a bar.

Knowing that it would eventually betrayed by his client,have already prepared his revenge.

Deathstorke's armor is capable to withstood high calliber bullets. Slade dodges machine gun fire and he is fast enough to outrun mercenaries riding on motorcycles, cutting their heads in a single strike.

Throws a motorcycle in Roadrage makes the armor explode driving it against the airplane,causing his fall and killing his former client in a fashion way,also claims that carefully planed this.

Deathstroke 3

His routine training is combat robots programmed to kill.

Testing the skills of mercenary hired to kill him,quickly ends the fight impaled it with a sword.

Break in a secret military facility,killing every guard without much effort.

Fights against the second Legacy,which claims to have the similar psychal stats and briefly arrested uses a boomerang as a weapon.

Deathstroke 4

Escapes from special handcuffs made ​​to hold metahuman, merely using a paper clip and then uses it to knocked down the guards.

Hide a timed bomb inside his stomatch.

Slade worked for two weeks without rest pushing his healing factor over the edge,but still accepts more jobs.

With his sword cut off the wing of a jet fighter.

Deathstroke 5 & 6

Deduce that the kive he acquired has a hidden listening device, which even Peabody using its resources was able to discover.

Jumps from rooftop of a building to the other that is at least 10 feet away, analyzing the room infers that everything was a trap to catch him and also takes blows from amped version of Legacy.

Survive a nuclear submarine be played against him.

Impaled by his own sword,Slade endured the pain and pull it off, and then deploy a bomb in Legacy's armor in order to gain time.

Uses the battery of the nuclear submarine jointly with his promethium sword to create a EMP blast to disable Legacy's armor power source.

Deathstroke 7

Despite the ridiculous injuries suffered in previous issues, his healing factor would take at least an hour to cure it completely.

Despite not having any clue or no evidence that his sons is still alive, deduces that he is responsible for the recent attacks against him.

Due his enhanced intellect and reflexes Slade is able to predict attacks and avoid it,before they could happened.

Althought in worst shape and with healing factor off for few minutes,hold his own against Grant.

Legacy's employers ask Slade to kill his own son,then he responds by killing the two, but do not before take several shots and his healing factor kicked off.

Deathstroke 8

Two days after the battle against his own son he's completely healed and nurse says he was in the worst conditions,she ever saw in the whole life. In the same he takes a job.

Plays with the psychological of an incendiary so he would offer a decent fight, but seeing that it was not possible explodes the building to which they were,while he's still inside of it.

Deathstroke 9

Senses the presence of Tiggor by feeling a slight change in air pressure and with his enhanced sense of smell deduce that he's not from Earth.

Single handle a team with his energy spear until being caught by a telekinetic,but being always 10 steps ahead detonates the explosives, which were implanted in the cemetery years ago to topple them.

Deathstroke 10

Even having help of Zealot and Tiggor,hold his own against a Khund warrior.

Deathstroke 11 & 12

Hold his own against Lobo copyccat,delivering some good hits.

Withstood a betaing from Lobo copycat,then spiking a vehicle on his chest.

Tricked Lobo copycat to get his motorcycle and put a bomb on it.

Deathstroke 13

Falling from a bridge over a moving car without feeling any effect of the fall.

In a matter of seconds avoid to get hit by a missile then tackles Deadborn.

Fight Deadborn inside of houses loaded onto stork trucks in moviment,but that does not make it slow down or lose the balance,after string him into light pole and cut off his arm.

Deathstroke 14

Kill a Warhawk.

Tie with Hawkman pratically only using his combat skills,also showed superior reflexes and speed on land.

Shoot at 2 mercenaries while surrounded by smoke.

The Savage Hawkman 15

Beats up Pike.

Decapitate Warhawks.

Kill a Warhawks smashing the helmet against his skull.

Deathstroke 15 & 16

Demonstrated a incredible accuracy shooting Koschei in the head,while isthousand miles away from him.

Lets be captured in order to get closer Koschei.

Testing Koschei's powers to discover how to kill it.

Slade manipulated the citizens and the resistance to help him to kill Koschei.

From different forms disable Koschei so that citizens have their chance to hurt him.

Slade's main plan was to make the people no longer feared Koschei and faced because nothing else was important to him to be feared,then he would kill himself.

Deathstroke 17

Predicts that was about to be pierced by a sword and avoid it,also tosse Tomo with one arm.

Handle the Sukesada Clan in a tight space,also grab a dagger despite being on his back.

It had been prepared before meet Tomo,having inmplanted bombs in train.

Put a radioactive material in Tomo's thumb, so that he could track it.

Manhandle the Sukesada Clan. Sword fight against Sukesada Clan's leader is pierced by a sword and simply withdraw from his body, as if nothing had happened

Deathstroke 18

Battles cibernetically enhanced Tomo and Sukesada Clan at the same time,takes a sword on his heart and is still alive. with Briefly overpowered Deathstroke manipulated the ninjas to tackle his new leader.

Fight outside of a building via a cable and uses the enviroment against Tomo.

Deathstroke 19

Jericho was able to mind control an entire military facility and Majsetic,but claims that would spent a month to do the same with Deathstroke.

Deathstroke 20

Knocked out Majestic with help or Terra and Rose (which use her powers to depowered Majestic).

New 52 Deathstroke is also pretty nasty character.

#17 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2:

Well I thought the spiders Stomp easy with yours.

I disagree but whatever.

MC Bubble Fields and Plasma Weapons to negate Webbing. Master Chief is near stats in speed and way above in Durability. He has his Weapons and Armor Cloaking.

Don't know enough about chief to comment. All though how do his shields negate webbing? Don't sticky grenades (or whatever those are called) stick to his armor? Why would the shields protect him from webbing?

GG is up there in terms of stats with Kaine and Venom Flash. He has Fire Projection to negate Webbing as well insane blasts of fire. Also dat Healing Factor!

Both 616 spider-man and kaines webbing are fire proof. Depends if he can physically break out of webbing. If he can then Flash is probably the only spider who can take him via decapitation.

Daken has Pheromones and M-Claws. As well that insane Disappearing trick. Healing Factor and Super senses.

Daken had the M-claws removed by wolverine....But if you are giving him them here then the only one with the stats and the experience to take him is 616 spider-man. The only reason Peter survived his fight with daken was because he had prior experience against a pheromone based enemy and because daken toyed with him. No one else here has spider-sense except for Ultimate Peter but he doesn't have the prior experience 616 Peter has to my knowledge so he will probably lose. Venom might be able to filter the pheromones out but dakens disappearing trick isn't something venom can counter (Peter needed spider-sense I don't see why flash would be different), and with the M-claws his healing factor is useless.

Slade has his Promethium Sword, Nth Metal, Stats, and Blast Staff.

Kaine likes to brawl a lot and I don't see him working around the Nth metal. Same applies to venom (I think slade can decapitate him considering he was able to cut off warblades head [who was durable enough to tank multiple punches from super boy in lava]). Ultimate peter does use webbing more frequently so he does stand a better chance. Not 100% sure on that fight. I think 616 Peter can take Deathstroke.

Also the SUper Soldier Team are all Morals Off in character were Peter and Ultimate Peter are Morals on!

Much more even.

I think in this fight the super soldiers will probably win most fights all though it depends who matches up with who. Assuming chief can hang with the spiders.

@cadencev2 said:

@juiceboks said:

I think running half a kilometer in 17 seconds with a torn achilles tendon right after getting shot with a Scorpion shell is better than anything the Spider guys have done.

Pretty impressive but thats more of a travel speed feat.

#18 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Master Chief is stated in the Novels and Comics that his Perception Time is enough to physically see Electricity moving.....

I cannot remember the Scientific Number/Term, but when I looked it up, well yeah.

#19 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

I disagree but whatever.

I know :)

Don't know enough about chief to comment. All though how do his shields negate webbing? Don't sticky grenades (or whatever those are called) stick to his armor? Why would the shields protect him from webbing?

It protects ya from any attack, including 3-4 Missiles at once!

Also with the Plasma Sowrd, Master Chief should be able to easily cut thru any webbing.

Both 616 spider-man and kaines webbing are fire proof. Depends if he can physically break out of webbing. If he can then Flash is probably the only spider who can take him via decapitation.

His fire projection is so powerful, he even destroyed a portion of the Ultimates Base when he raged out.

He can also Set himself on Fire.

I think GG can Break it!

#20 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: Master Chief is stated in the Novels and Comics that his Perception Time is enough to physically see Electricity moving.....

I cannot remember the Scientific Number/Term, but when I looked it up, well yeah.

Electricity can vary in speeds if I am not mistaken. Kaine was also able to perceive electricity as well IIRC. And the Peters don't really need to be able to perceive because they are precogs who react to attacks before they come at them. He maybe faster then Flash but can he bypass Flashes healing and durability?

#21 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

Electricity can vary in speeds if I am not mistaken. Kaine was also able to perceive electricity as well IIRC. And the Peters don't really need to be able to perceive because they are precogs who react to attacks before they come at them. He maybe faster then Flash but can he bypass Flashes healing and durability?

Maybe, From what I remember of Venom, the Plasma Weapons and Sword will take their toll easy. Other than that.... I guess the Cloaking Ability of his armor will help evade or get the jump on Venom Flash. The super shotgun he packs is Incendiary rounds, that could help too.

#22 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: How if Ultimate green goblin durability? Probably going with team super soldier.

#23 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2: How if Ultimate green goblin durability? Probably going with team super soldier.

I do not understand?

#24 Posted by OreoAssassin (5924 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Daken or wolverine doesn't matter. Nothing at all Daken and Deathsroke do can put down Venom. Have you seen Venoms durability a and healing lately!?? It's insane. He went from being torn in half to normal in 3 panels flat.

#25 Edited by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

I do not understand?

I meant to say how is ultimate green goblins durability. IIRC his best feat is taking a blow from hank pym right? Can the spiders knock him out?

#26 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Daken or wolverine doesn't matter. Nothing at all Daken and Deathsroke do can put down Venom. Have you seen Venoms durability a and healing lately!?? It's insane. He went from being torn in half to normal in 3 panels flat.

Well heres the thing.

Daken has a Disappearing Trick that only Spider Mans Precog could counter well.

Daken has M-claws which Magically Negate Healing of any Kind.

Daken has Pheramones that allows him to mess with your feelings and perceptions.

He is on a whole nother level than Wolverine.

#27 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@cadencev2 said:

@jashro44 said:

I do not understand?

I meant to say how is ultimate green goblins durability. IIRC his best feat is taking a blow from hank pym right? Can the spiders knock him out?

Look at the scan I posted above in the spoiler.

#28 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

Daken was able to cut skaar with the claws here and the M-claws (which cadence has given to daken) negate healing factor. Durability and healing are moot.

#29 Edited by july16th (77 posts) - - Show Bio

@pope052 said:

^this

#30 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

I think its funny the Veteran Posters are given pause and all the Newer Posters are like "Spider man Stomps" :) Interesting Observation from the way people post and think.

#31 Edited by Strider92 (16771 posts) - - Show Bio

My thought process here is that Goblin is the MVP. Deathstroke and MC could most likely be incapped due to the Spiders (aside from Venom) being significantly faster in both physical speed and reaction. We've already seen how Daken Vs Spider-man goes so there's not really much of a big debate there. However No-one on team Spider-man is soloing Goblin (Kaine might with the Other and Flash might if he could Vulk-out notice i'm using might as the keyword here as they cannot this is a mute point). I am confident that Goblin would beat his opponent before the Spiders could beat any of their's thus leading to a very fast overwhelming situation for the spiders.

I'll go with the Super Soldiers due to Goblin saving their hides lol!

#32 Posted by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: Still tired from all the typing on the thread you put up earlier, but I put something up later....

#33 Posted by Jmarshmallow (10130 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I'm gonna have to side with the Super Soldiers here....

Jmarshmallow

#34 Posted by laflux (17551 posts) - - Show Bio

@oreoassassin said:

Well heres the thing.

Daken has Pheramones that allows him to mess with your feelings and perceptions.

To be fair, the only reason why Daken lost the the M-Claws was because he was handily defeated by Logan, who then cut the claws out and buried them. That and the Symbiote could most likely filter the Pheromones.

In anycase, you'll anger @super_soldierxii (who can't get more mad with me, because while Peter is in the thread, Logan isn't).

#35 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

I hear Ultimate Spider Man is nothing more than a big old jobber with no super human stats AT ALL! *pokes @cadencev2 with a stick*

:P

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#36 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6588 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux said:

@cadencev2 said:

@oreoassassin said:

Well heres the thing.

To be fair, the only reason why Daken lost the the M-Claws was because he was handily defeated by Logan, who then cut the claws out and buried them. That and the Symbiote could most likely filter the Pheromones.

In anycase, you'll anger @super_soldierxii (who can't get more mad with me, because while Peter is in the thread, Logan isn't).

Yeah, Daken's on a whole nother level ... it's called six feet under courtesy of Logan's boot effortlessly holding Daken's head in a puddle. Wolverine wants to actually kill someone, we learn really quickly how often he holds back.

Daken's another poor man's Wolverine. Pheromones make it a little interesting, but he ain't on Logan's level in every other respect.

I'll give more input on this particular battle when I've a little more time. Right now, GF is calling for "quality time". For some reason, me debating on a comic book website is not a total turn on for her. Go figure.

#38 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know nearly enough about Ult. Peter, Daken, or Ult Osbourne to contribute. I think Flash throwing down with the Master Chief would be an awesome fight though, and without Flash going bonkers Chief could actually give Flash a hard time. As far as this fight though, I don't know.

@jashro44:@cadencev2:

I don't know, I thought the other super soldier/spider thread was very close, I just think the Spiders edged a slight majority there.

And I too have noticed the frequent use of "stomp". If a fight was truly a "stomp" it'd be a mismatch and locked. So most battles are not as one-sided as people claim in my opinion.

#39 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know nearly enough about Ult. Peter, Daken, or Ult Osbourne to contribute. I think Flash throwing down with the Master Chief would be an awesome fight though, and without Flash going bonkers Chief could actually give Flash a hard time. As far as this fight though, I don't know.

@jashro44:@cadencev2:

I don't know, I thought the other super soldier/spider thread was very close, I just think the Spiders edged a slight majority there.

And I too have noticed the frequent use of "stomp". If a fight was truly a "stomp" it'd be a mismatch and locked. So most battles are not as one-sided as people claim in my opinion.

Yea I think a lot of users on this site just look at stats (strength specifically). I can kind of see why but I wish people would give more credit towards skill and damage output in general. Which is why there are a few users here saying the spider team stomps as well.

#40 Posted by GraniteSoldier (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

When I look at the spider-men, its not their power output, its how fast they can apply it. Peter is easily around 20 tons, Kaine pushing 30, and Flash is around 35. But the speed and rapidity they can strike is the deal breaker. Take Peter, since he has the best hand to hand. Certainly 20 tons is a good amount of force in comics, but when he can hit you with his fist5 or 10 times in a second or two? That's a lot of damage very quick. A person can better recover from intermittent heavy blows than rapid sustained punishment. That's where fighting skill comes in. Kaine is a tough mother, but he isn't trained. He likes his heavy blows, his one hit KOs, which are less likely to happen since he's dealing with other superbeings. If he was trained, and knew hand to hand better, he'd stay on someone until they were down. Hell, look at the hurting Kraven was able to put on him and Kraven is what, 2-4 tons at best?

#41 Posted by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Spidey.

#42 Posted by jashro44 (23864 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44:

When I look at the spider-men, its not their power output, its how fast they can apply it. Peter is easily around 20 tons, Kaine pushing 30, and Flash is around 35. But the speed and rapidity they can strike is the deal breaker. Take Peter, since he has the best hand to hand. Certainly 20 tons is a good amount of force in comics, but when he can hit you with his fist5 or 10 times in a second or two? That's a lot of damage very quick. A person can better recover from intermittent heavy blows than rapid sustained punishment. That's where fighting skill comes in. Kaine is a tough mother, but he isn't trained. He likes his heavy blows, his one hit KOs, which are less likely to happen since he's dealing with other superbeings. If he was trained, and knew hand to hand better, he'd stay on someone until they were down. Hell, look at the hurting Kraven was able to put on him and Kraven is what, 2-4 tons at best?

I agree with everything in this post. The speed and combination of strength for sure makes the spiders top tier street levelers to even low end mid tiers. All though to be fair to Kaine he was drugged in his fight with kraven and he did think he was fighting ben reily. We will have to see how well Kraven performs now that Kaines head is clear and he knows he is fighting kraven.

#43 Edited by GraniteSoldier (8615 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@granitesoldier said:

@jashro44:

I agree with everything in this post. The speed and combination of strength for sure makes the spiders top tier street levelers to even low end mid tiers. All though to be fair to Kaine he was drugged in his fight with kraven and he did think he was fighting ben reily. We will have to see how well Kraven performs now that Kaines head is clear and he knows he is fighting kraven.

Yes, Kaine was not at his best. I was more so just trying to make the point. Even not at his best, Kaine has the toughness of an Abrams tank, but with repeated strikes to key areas Kraven could bruise that toughness.

I really look forward to Scarlet's next issue, Kraven is a great villain.

#44 Posted by Silverrings (2291 posts) - - Show Bio

I reckon the Spiders have this, although it'll be a tough fight. Having a strong airborne advantage over their opponents, having dealt with serious firepower before and being familiar with at least one of the villains means the Spiders should win this.

#45 Posted by Hyperlight (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: 1610 goblin is pretty powerful but if 1610 peter can take him in a decent fight... any of the others spiders can do better considering they are his superiors in every way and older. Norman is a huge target so they will probably take him out first. Daken can be taken out if they take him seriously but it has to be one of the spiders that actually have spider sense.... preferably 616 peter. Slade is incredibly battle savy and he has tech but he falls short with overall stats and kaine can take him if its a heads up fight. master chief is problem because of his armor. with enough hits venom or kain can drain his shielding and then rip off his armor. 1610 peter might die if he meets slade first.

i feel like the spiders take a slight majority but by no means is it an easy win due to the SS tech and battle experience.

#46 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyperlight: Spider Man has never taken Goblin in a fight. He has always lost to Goblin except the end fight which was Spider Man and a Morals off Human Torch vs Goblin.

#47 Posted by Hyperlight (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: but he was much more than a minor nuisance right? 616 peter is superior than 1610 by a large margin and he has the experience for a fight with ult goblin. kaine is superior to pete (minus spider sense) and he doesnt have the moral code that either peter does

#48 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: but he was much more than a minor nuisance right? 616 peter is superior than 1610 by a large margin and he has the experience for a fight with ult goblin. kaine is superior to pete (minus spider sense) and he doesnt have the moral code that either peter does

All true, yet GG was superior to All of SHIELD's Hulk Buster Unit + Spidey + Hob Goblin. Is Kaine > to all that? No.

GG is Superior to Ultimate Captain America + Hawkeye + Iron Man + Spider Man + Nick Fury. Is 616 Peter Superior to that? Hells to the no!

You ABC Logic fails there with GG should be lower than 616 Peter.

#49 Posted by Hyperlight (6338 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: i never said i think 616 peter is stronger im just saying if ult spidey can be more than an nuisance than a smarter, more experience, and more powerful spider man should be able to put in a knockout. but kaine could probably due well againsts everyone there as well.. ( except for maybe IM since I dont know if he is dope or not in 1610)

but i guess i hear what you are saying

#50 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@cadencev2: i never said i think 616 peter is stronger im just saying if ult spidey can be more than an nuisance than a smarter, more experience, and more powerful spider man should be able to put in a knockout. but kaine could probably due well againsts everyone there as well.. ( except for maybe IM since I dont know if he is dope or not in 1610)

but i guess i hear what you are saying

Iron Man is very much "dope" in Ultimates. I think he is better than all the 616 Iron Mans before him minus Bleeding Edge and Current.