Team Spider-man vs Team Batman

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By CapFanboy

7 members per team, 2 are surprise members who cannot be prepped for by the other team.
Batman has 8 hours prep, Spider-man's team has 1 hour
Surprise members have no morals.
Fight takes place in a large clearing surrounded by forest.
Spidey’s team starts in the middle of this clearing with Batman’s team having the element of surprise by being allowed to start wherever they want in the forest/clearing.
No BFR. Winning team has to have K.O/killed all members of the other team in character unless said.    

Spider-man's team:

Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly w/ unlimited webbing. Impact webbing allowed)
 Scarlet Spider (Ben Reilly w/ unlimited webbing. Impact webbing allowed)
Spider-man  (Peter Parker w/ unlimited webbing, 20 spider-tracers and spider-sense)  
Spider-man (Peter Parker w/ unlimited webbing, 20 spider-tracers and spider-sense)  
Kaine 
Kaine 
   Arana  (Anya Corazon w/ grappling hooks and all her previous abilities)
   Arana (Anya Corazon w/ grappling hooks and all her previous abilities)
Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
Spider-woman (Jessica Drew)
SURPRISE MEMBER Venom (Flash Thompson w/  FN P90, M1911 pistol, 5 frag grenades and unlimited webbing)
SURPRISE MEMBER Venom (Flash Thompson w/  FN P90, M1911 pistol, 5 frag grenades and unlimited webbing)

SURPRISE MEMBERBlack Cat (has her grappling hook)
SURPRISE MEMBERBlack Cat (has her grappling hook)

Batman's team:

Batman  (Bruce Wayne w/ 20 batarangs, grappling hook, 10 smoke pellets, 5 sonic grenades)
   Batman (Bruce Wayne w/ 20 batarangs, grappling hook, 10 smoke pellets, 5 sonic grenades)
  Nightwing  (Dick Grayson w/   twin      Eskrima     sticks,  grappling hook and 5 of his modified batarangs) 
  Nightwing (Dick Grayson w/ twin   Eskrima   sticks, grappling hook and 5 of his modified batarangs) 
   Red  Robin (Tim Drake w/Bo-staff, 20 throwing discs and 10 smoke pellets)
   Red Robin (Tim Drake w/Bo-staff, 20 throwing discs and 10 smoke pellets)
  Robin  (Damian Wayne w/ brass knuckles, bo-staff and 5 smoke pellets) 
  Robin (Damian Wayne w/ brass knuckles, bo-staff and 5 smoke pellets) 
Batman  Beyond (Terry McGinnis w/ standard equipment) 
Batman Beyond (Terry McGinnis w/ standard equipment) 
  SURPRISE MEMBER Red  Hood (Jason Todd w/   Mini-Uzi,  5 flashbang grenades,   5  frag grenades, M16A4 Rifle, RPG-7 with 4 rockets and two walther P38s)
  SURPRISE MEMBER Red Hood (Jason Todd w/ Mini-Uzi, 5 flashbang grenades, 5 frag grenades, M16A4 Rifle, RPG-7 with 4 rockets and two walther P38s)
SURPRISE MEMBERBat-girl  (Cassandra Cain w/ grappling hook, 10 batarangs, 5 mini explosives and 10 smoke  pellets) 
SURPRISE MEMBERBat-girl (Cassandra Cain w/ grappling hook, 10 batarangs, 5 mini explosives and 10 smoke pellets) 

solidejake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By solidejake

Well nobody gave you a reply, so I might as well say something. I don't mean to sound fanboyish, but the Spidey team would wreck!

BarelyAverage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BarelyAverage
@solidejake said:
Well nobody gave you a reply, so I might as well say something. I don't mean to sound fanboyish, but the Spidey team would wreck!
The spider team would wreck. Especially with the surprise member. Maybe if you made this a random encounter for the spider team it would be more fair but an hour of prep in addition to the physical advantages tips this in the spiders favor too much IMO.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By spidey 15

Team spider-man wins. 
The only members that can cause them any trouble are Bruce and Cassie. The rest fighters are not good enough for the spider-team. 
:)

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Team Spider-Man should win here.
MzombieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MzombieX
No Caption Provided
Spidermayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spidermayne

Team Spider-Man stomp.

CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaptainRodgers

Spider stomp , Cassie and Bruce could cause a small amount of threat but would be taken care of
TheCerealKillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheCerealKillz

Spider Stomp.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CapFanboy
@BarelyAverage: bats has 8 hours prep in addition
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@CapFanboy said:
@BarelyAverage: bats has 8 hours prep in addition
you are giving them 8 hours prep? the bats stomps.........
CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CapFanboy
@dccomicsrule2011: don't forget about the spider-sense factor though aswell as venom being their surprise meber
Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@CapFanboy: i still think with prep the bats would stomp......
Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#14  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Prep could give the bats a win, but what EXACTLY are they going to do in 8 hours? I feel like the actual time given or specific preparations made, are never really considered.

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By sa5m

Team Spiderman =)

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Spidey easily.
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

With prep, team Batman, after all Batman + prep= unbeatable, tis the rule 

without prep, team arachnid destroys them

Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bruce27

With 8 hours prep, the bat team will take this; Batman/bruce will have a plan for everyone on team spidy except blackcat, which I believe both he and cassandra could take out even in a random encounter.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I want to hear some details about what he does with his 8 hours.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Pharoh_Atem
@Buckshot: with prep bats could gas the whole city and beat them like that ......
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By Billy Batson
@Buckshot said:

8 hours are enough to call Squirrel Girl :p 

BB

cascadeking09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By cascadeking09

Total mismatch.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot: Spider-sense can only get you so far....

Super sonics seem to disrupt spider sense, so the Bat team will exploit that.

For the members that aren't as powerful, Damian, Terry, Red Hood; They will get most of the super sonic weapons and will start themselves off IN THE BATPLANE!!

Batman, Cassie, and Nightwing are going to create something that can destroy the webs easily, fire anyone? Next, Batman & company will get some extra firepower with some androids or super battle suits.

Tim Drake will get an upgraded suit as well. He will come in a fe minutes after the battle began in the Bat Mobile.

Overall Batman's team will use super sonic weapons, bat vehicles, upgraded suits, knowledge about what makes them tick, fire, and more
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@Buckshot: with prep bats could gas the whole city and beat them like that ......

Gassing a forest is a possible tactic. The question of if they'd do it or not is kind of answered by Jason Todd.

@PikminMania said:

@Buckshot: Spider-sense can only get you so far.... Super sonics seem to disrupt spider sense, so the Bat team will exploit that. For the members that aren't as powerful, Damian, Terry, Red Hood; They will get most of the super sonic weapons and will start themselves off IN THE BATPLANE!! Batman, Cassie, and Nightwing are going to create something that can destroy the webs easily, fire anyone? Next, Batman & company will get some extra firepower with some androids or super battle suits. Tim Drake will get an upgraded suit as well. He will come in a fe minutes after the battle began in the Bat Mobile. Overall Batman's team will use super sonic weapons, bat vehicles, upgraded suits, knowledge about what makes them tick, fire, and more

Sonics don't disrupt the spider sense in any significant way. They would affect the spider people maybe as much as everyone else though, which could be enough to be helpful. The Bat team carpet bombing from vehicles and super suits doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of the fight though, but what do I know.

I was just curious if people actually thought of anything when saying that batman wins with prep or if they just see the word prep and assume he's already won without thinking, and if there was thought involved, if it was anything more interesting than just overwhelming firepower.

PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Gassing a forest is a possible tactic. The question of if they'd do it or not is kind of answered by Jason Todd.

@PikminMania said:

@Buckshot: Spider-sense can only get you so far.... Super sonics seem to disrupt spider sense, so the Bat team will exploit that. For the members that aren't as powerful, Damian, Terry, Red Hood; They will get most of the super sonic weapons and will start themselves off IN THE BATPLANE!! Batman, Cassie, and Nightwing are going to create something that can destroy the webs easily, fire anyone? Next, Batman & company will get some extra firepower with some androids or super battle suits. Tim Drake will get an upgraded suit as well. He will come in a fe minutes after the battle began in the Bat Mobile. Overall Batman's team will use super sonic weapons, bat vehicles, upgraded suits, knowledge about what makes them tick, fire, and more

Sonics don't disrupt the spider sense in any significant way. They would affect the spider people maybe as much as everyone else though, which could be enough to be helpful. The Bat team carpet bombing from vehicles and super suits doesn't really seem to be in the spirit of the fight though, but what do I know.

I was just curious if people actually thought of anything when saying that batman wins with prep or if they just see the word prep and assume he's already won without thinking, and if there was thought involved, if it was anything more interesting than just overwhelming firepower.

@Buckshot said:

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

@PikminMania said:

1. Overwhelming firepower really is what could do it

2. Super sonics can disrupt spider sense for like 1 minute at a time, exhibit A, Mysterio did it, Exhibit B, Hobgoblin did it in Big Time.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@PikminMania: I know it could. I didn't imply that it couldn't.

From the numerous examples of Spider-Man using sonics to take down Venom, Carnage or any other symbiotes, I can recall no instance of them affecting his spidersense or him making a comment that such a thing would affect him in any special way. I don't know of the Mysterio incident you're referencing, but I know Hobgoblin's laugh affected Spider-Man as it affects everyone. The spider sense works on a frequency so I could imagine it having some effect, but I don't see why it would be more significant than the normally debilitating effects of a focused sonic attack (which usually leaves people stunned by the sensory overload even without spider sense), especially without any mention of it the many other times he's used sonics. If it did anything special, it would only work on less than half of the team (granted, the strongest half). In any case, I've seen far more examples of it not being especially effective than it doing something specific to him like affect his spider sense, so that's the information I'd use.

spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By spidey 15

Hobgoblin has  never done anything to his spider-sense during big time. The sonics just weakened Spidey to the point that he could barely move or think and his eyes and nose were bleeding, i don't recall anywhere being stated that his spider-sense being affected at all. 
:)

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By VanTesla

Batman wins out of deus ex machina.
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@spidey 15 said:

Hobgoblin has never done anything to his spider-sense during big time. The sonics just weakened Spidey to the point that he could barely move or think and his eyes and nose were bleeding, i don't recall anywhere being stated that his spider-sense being affected at all. :)

Thanks for that. :)

VanTesla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By VanTesla
@Buckshot said:

Bat's create's an I win tool.
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By spidey 15
@Buckshot: No problem. :)
PikminMania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PikminMania
@Buckshot
@spidey 15: So why doesn't Batman just do that?? Also Batman has fear gas I believe and Spider-man would fall for that I'd say... and of course the overwhelming weaponry
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@PikminMania said:

@Buckshot:
@spidey 15: So why doesn't Batman just do that?? Also Batman has fear gas I believe and Spider-man would fall for that I'd say... and of course the overwhelming weaponry

I never once said he couldn't. The point of my questions were to get more than just "Batman wins if there's prep". I wanted people to explain their viewpoints. I also wanted something a little more creative (not to mention, more in character) than "Batman carpet bombs a forest", but I might have to wait on that one.

CapFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CapFanboy
@Bruce27: Blkack cat and venom he cannot prep for
CaptainRodgers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaptainRodgers
@Buckshot said:

Thank you ! people are always saying "Bats with prep wins" but they never actually say what he'll do just that he'll do something
Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Bruce27
@CapFanboy

Yes he could prep for venom; symbiots are vulnerable to sonics and flames. With all his equipment at wayne enterprises he could build a bat armor which has both those things built in as weapons. But Venom is a beast and would give Batman a fight, even with all that the fight could still go either way.
Bruce27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Bruce27
@CapFanboy

Wait I re read the first post, and saw he can't prep for those two. You're right, which really tips the scale to the spider team. But the bat side still has a chance to victory.
Matezoide2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#38  Edited By Matezoide2

what is Batman`s team gonna do with just 8 hours prep? 
even if Batman`s team does something incredible that would give then the win,what about Black Cat`s bad luck power?