@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

Halo team wins easily and chief could do it solo

Fanboy.

Fanboy

Where is your evidence?

When reading that post of yours it looks like you barely know anything of halo.Proof me that Grunt and Wrex run into a shot from the Railgun (recoilless carbine) which uses a 40x46mm round traveling speeds up to Maching speeds, a shot from the sniper rifle (14.5x117mm), or rocket launcher (120mm HEAT), or Spartan Laser (6.05 Gigawatt 5 beam burst) or possibly the sticky grenade launcher.Legion can't hack into an A.i who can hack into foreunner technology or Covenant in seconds.Show me a scan of quote from the halo novel when cortana ever got hacked since there's no indication that Cortana could be hacked and MC wouldn't lose his HUD since the Mark VI can't be hacked and has a code only the user knows.You should know that the the Unsc sniper rifle (14.5x117mm) can easily tear through tank armor and rip people in halve so cover would be useless.What's stopping MC from throwing a pulse grenade which would incinerate anyone one from the ME team when in cover and the energy pulse of the pulse grenade can go throw walls so cover is useless again.The Promethean weapons are going to be overkill for the Halo team.Spartan's have reflexes 30x better than the average man, can run up to speeds of 175mph and has the reaction time of quicker than 4 milliseconds.How would they get shot since they have all of those abilities.I highly doubt Grunt or Wrex is different from a brute which were easily killed by the halo team.The halo team has people physically better and more durable than the ME team.

Also considering Grunt was bred to be a super-soldier as opposed to being trained to become a super soldier. Bred to be a super-soldier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trained to be a super-soldier. Also Wrex is a Battle master beings that combine powerful biotics with the firepower of advanced technology. Also since one of Legions powers is called AI HACKING a power that is meant to hack AI I doubt Cortana poses a threat.

Arbiter and all of the spartans were also bred to be a super solider.Spartans were chosen due to their healthy genetics,physical abilities,brain and etc. when they were kids.Some elites even die when training.The noble team fought covenant armies head on,chief fought every Promethean knight on the mantle approach with back up or a team.Spartans have taken down covenant armies head on.Chief has fought Promethean who are miles ahead in tech compared to the reapers.Still you have to prove to me cortana can be hacked.Since she is capable of hacking forerunner tech I highly doubt she could be hacked.Cortana can spread her rampancy so hacking her would be a bad idea.

Grunt was G.E.N.E.T.I.C.A.L.L.Y bred to be a super-soldier his brain, body mental-state we're built for combat.

Doesn't mean Grunt was born with enhancements he's automatically superior and I highly doubt he's close to a spartan's/elite's physical abilities but without the suits he would be closer.Spartans where born with physically capabilities above other kids,John-117 for example had physically abilities beyond other kids his age and stand a foot taller than them.John-117 had the body of a 18 year Olympian before he received his augmentations at the age of 14.It's the results which really matter not what grunt or the Spartans are capable of at a young age.Tell me can anyone in the mass effect team do this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

Fanboy.

Fanboy

Where is your evidence?

When reading that post of yours it looks like you barely know anything of halo.Proof me that Grunt and Wrex run into a shot from the Railgun (recoilless carbine) which uses a 40x46mm round traveling speeds up to Maching speeds, a shot from the sniper rifle (14.5x117mm), or rocket launcher (120mm HEAT), or Spartan Laser (6.05 Gigawatt 5 beam burst) or possibly the sticky grenade launcher.Legion can't hack into an A.i who can hack into foreunner technology or Covenant in seconds.Show me a scan of quote from the halo novel when cortana ever got hacked since there's no indication that Cortana could be hacked and MC wouldn't lose his HUD since the Mark VI can't be hacked and has a code only the user knows.You should know that the the Unsc sniper rifle (14.5x117mm) can easily tear through tank armor and rip people in halve so cover would be useless.What's stopping MC from throwing a pulse grenade which would incinerate anyone one from the ME team when in cover and the energy pulse of the pulse grenade can go throw walls so cover is useless again.The Promethean weapons are going to be overkill for the Halo team.Spartan's have reflexes 30x better than the average man, can run up to speeds of 175mph and has the reaction time of quicker than 4 milliseconds.How would they get shot since they have all of those abilities.I highly doubt Grunt or Wrex is different from a brute which were easily killed by the halo team.The halo team has people physically better and more durable than the ME team.

Also considering Grunt was bred to be a super-soldier as opposed to being trained to become a super soldier. Bred to be a super-soldier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Trained to be a super-soldier. Also Wrex is a Battle master beings that combine powerful biotics with the firepower of advanced technology. Also since one of Legions powers is called AI HACKING a power that is meant to hack AI I doubt Cortana poses a threat.

Arbiter and all of the spartans were also bred to be a super solider.Spartans were chosen due to their healthy genetics,physical abilities,brain and etc. when they were kids.Some elites even die when training.The noble team fought covenant armies head on,chief fought every Promethean knight on the mantle approach with back up or a team.Spartans have taken down covenant armies head on.Chief has fought Promethean who are miles ahead in tech compared to the reapers.Still you have to prove to me cortana can be hacked.Since she is capable of hacking forerunner tech I highly doubt she could be hacked.Cortana can spread her rampancy so hacking her would be a bad idea.

Grunt was G.E.N.E.T.I.C.A.L.L.Y bred to be a super-soldier his brain, body mental-state we're built for combat.

Doesn't mean Grunt was born with enhancements he's automatically superior and I highly doubt he's close to a spartan's/elite's physical abilities but without the suits he would be closer.Spartans where born with physically capabilities above other kids,John-117 for example had physically abilities beyond other kids his age and stand a foot taller than them.John-117 had the body of a 18 year Olympian before he received his augmentations at the age of 14.It's the results which really matter not what grunt or the Spartans are capable of at a young age.Tell me can anyone in the mass effect team do this:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Apart from the fact that he was born with enhanced strength (for a krogan) enhanced speed (for a krogan) and also a keen military strategic mind.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

@citizensentry said:

@dottiestmoon said:

Fanboy.

Fanboy

Where is your evidence?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Apart from the fact that he was born with enhanced strength (for a krogan) enhanced speed (for a krogan) and also a keen military strategic mind.

Spartans as well were born with physical abilities/skills enhanced for a human and by the age of 14 without augmentation John had a body of a 18 year old Olympian.But the results is what really matter and you do decent just to cheer you up a little.

Avatar image for gannondorfforthewin1992
gannondorfforthewin1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Something that people are not taking into account is the relative strength of both sets of weaponry, shields, and enhancements.

Team MC is using weapons available in the Halo universe, probably standard UNSC weaponry (Arbiter may have Covenant weaponry, but we'll get to that). Now, while that weaponry is advanced, it is not actually very different from the standard weapons used today. The propellants are better, increasing velocity, and I think the SMG is caseless, but the CALIBERS are the same, with only 2 fictional calibers (the handgun and SMG, IIRC). The Spartan Laser and the Rail Gun are the only two I could find with no equivalent in modern weaponry.

Covenant Weaponry is significantly EDIT: DIFFERENT in technology, but not that much in destructive power. In the hands of MC/Arbiter, the two classes are nearly equal (Covenant is more effective vs. shields, while UNSC is more effective vs. armor/materiel). Neither significantly outclasses the other in the hands of a user proficient in both.

However, ME weaponry is based on entirely different technology from either of them, called Mass Accelerator. This is ALSO more powerful, not because it is different, but because of it's nature.

"A mass accelerator propels a solid metal slug using precisely-controlled electromagnetic attraction and repulsion. The slug is designed to squash or shatter on impact, increasing the energy it transfers to the target. If this were not the case, it would simply punch a hole right through, doing minimal damage.

Accelerator design was revolutionized by element zero. A slug lightened by a mass effect field can be accelerated to greater speeds, permitting projectile velocities that were previously unattainable. If accelerated to a high enough velocity, a simple paint chip can impact with the same destructive force as a nuclear weapon. However, mass accelerators produce recoil equal to their impact energy. This is mitigated somewhat by the mass effect fields that rounds are suspended within, but weapon recoil is still the prime limiting factor on slug velocity." ----- The entry on Mass Accelerators from the in-game Codex.

These weapons are capable of delivering far more energy, especially in terms of kinetic force potential. While the UNSC weaponry would possibly be better at delivering its full potential to a target, it is NOT capable of delivering the sheer amount of damage to its target (no UNSC or Covenant weapon short of a shotgun, sniper, energy sword, or missile launcher is capable of insta-killing marines or ODSTs). What does this mean? It means that ME weapons are superior to UNSC weapons. They are also capable of delivering far more destructive power to the target, depending on the ammunition type and defenses of the target.

As far as velocity, the velocity of the weapon is proportional to the amount of recoil, minus a small amount due to compensators. There are, in ME universe, weapons that would break or shatter a normal human arm if fired (M-300 Claymore Shotgun, M-98 Widow Anit-Materiel Sniper Rifle, Black Widow Anti-Materiel/Anti-Personnel Sniper Rifle). None can be operated by humans without significant upgrades, either to the human or to the gun. There is not a UNSC or Covenant gun that can be said to be the same. All of them can be utilized by UNSC marines and ODSTs with no ill effects, both groups being unenhanced.

The Black Widow, the weakest of the three I named, is a less-powerful but faster-firing version of the M-98 Widow. The Black Widow, sans upgrades, can penetrate 25cm (just over 9 inches) of Mass Effect Universe ARMOR plating, and is still capable of killing the target on the other side, assuming the round hits its target. The UNSC Sniper Rifle System 99 Series 5 Anti-Materiel requires at least 4 shots to penetrate a Banshee. Now, I can't find stats on how thick the armor plating is, but it IS described as having "light armor" by all Halo wikis. I don't think 25cm counts as light, but I could be mistaken (if I am, please let me know).

Next: in the Halo universe, shields are infrequent and are game changers when encountered. However, they are not invincible, and can be dropped fairly quickly under sustained fire, either from UNSC weaponry, or faster from Covenant weaponry. However, they are not rated to withstand the sheer kinetic force of the weapons of the ME universe, and would, logically, be less durable vs. ME weapons than they are seen to be vs. Halo weapons. However, the flip is also true, where ME shields are DESIGNED to withstand the massive kinetic force output of ME weapons, and should, logically, be far more durable vs. Halo weapons, even when wielded with incredible skill and speed as they are by Spartans, than they are seen to be vs. ME weapons.

Third: While the Spartans are enhanced with strength, speed, reflexes, and durability, in order to withstand the punishment of simply WEARING MJOLNIR armor, so are the combatants from the ME universe. In fact, most soldiers go through some kind of enhancement program, to increase speed, strength, and durability, since they tend to be outclassed in at something else by another race. The members of Shepard's team ALL have significant enhancements, with Shepard having the most, being rebuilt from the ground up. Now, for argument's sake, let's say that they are not as enhanced as Spartans; they should still be able to track, follow, and tag, especially considering the higher velocity of their weaponry, even if not able to keep up in a footrace.

Lastly, the ODSTs are a non-factor in this debate. With no shielding, no enhancements, and inferior weaponry, they WOULD be solo'd by ANY of Team Shepard.

TL;DR: ME Weapons are capable of doing greater damage than Halo weaponry; ME shields are designed to withstand more than can be dished out by Halo weaponry; Spartan enhancements, which may be superior, are still lessened in effectiveness against ME combatants, all of whom are similarly upgraded; and the ODSTs are a non-factor, capable of being solo'd by any member of Team Shepard.

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gannondorfforthewin1992:

Covenant Weaponry is significantly more advanced in technology, but not that much in destructive power. In the hands of MC/Arbiter, the two classes are nearly equal (Covenant is more effective vs. shields, while UNSC is more effective vs. armor/materiel). Neither significantly outclasses the other in the hands of a user proficient in both.

gannondorfforthewin1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Yeah, didn't proofread my post. Lemme edit...

There. Changed it to DIFFERENT, which is what I meant to write.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gannondorfforthewin1992:

Covenant Weaponry is significantly EDIT: DIFFERENT in technology, but not that much in destructive power. In the hands of MC/Arbiter, the two classes are nearly equal (Covenant is more effective vs. shields, while UNSC is more effective vs. armor/materiel). Neither significantly outclasses the other in the hands of a user proficient in both.

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By gannondorfftw2

@killerwasp: Why laugh? In the games, the difference is almost cosmetic. In the books, it is flat stated that the UNSC wasn't losing the war on the ground. They were losing it in the skies, where the Spartans were practically useless. Only in space-faring tech and weaponry was the Covenant so overwhelmingly powerful, and those massive cap ships have no bearing on this battle.

BTW, this is different account, same guy, as the other. I had troubles with my other account, and decided to just make a new one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really a Mismatch in favour of Halo Team and I can prove this.. whenever you want. LOL!

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Don't look at me. I want no place in this one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: ? LOL wut, you know exactly how many halo feats I have already saved lol. I just want ur thought on the battle itself since u been dodging all other battles, you nerd! XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Wut

@killerwasp: Lol putting ME, a faction that I usually have with problems with their fanbase, against Halo where I also normally have a problem with the majority of their fanbase is a thread I am soooo not in the mood for.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shepard Commander.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: Lol two wrongs make right peasant XD

Wut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: Lol three lefts make a right, but I think that is the only time that works.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wut: XD seems legit XD

gannondorfforthewin1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117: Let's hear it.

Also, killerwasp, I didn't say that they were weak, just comparatively, ME weapons are almost WMDS. I haven't seen Covenant weaponry live up to it's reputation against shielded opponents in any books or comics (I haven't read most of the comics, but I have read most of the books). ALL of Team Shepard is shielded. Also, Covenant weaponry is REALLY overexagerated on this site, with the exception of the Needler.

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fubarczar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Shepard. Unless it get's into CQC, MC will win.

Mid range, Shepard and his team basically levels the battle area with their bionics combined and defeat team MC.

Far range, Shepard ^

Close range, MC.

Actually the closer the better for team Shepard to leverage their biotics, especially if Shep is a vanguard. Even though the Spartans would just be too, much, faster, stronger, better team work, better training (since they were 5/6 years old), more battle experience, etc. Their Mjolnir armor is superior to mass effect armor too.

Team Master Chief wins, but it's a good battle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: See, you say that. But they don't do anything that the UNSC weaponry doesn't do to similar opponents, except for burns (and that ungodly Needler). They cut down unshielded, light-to-moderately armored opponents, but not to shielded and/or heavily armored opponents. And Team Shepard is ALL HEAVILY shielded (some biotically so: Vanguard Shepard, Wrex, Jacob, Liara, Kaiden, Samara, Jack) and many are also heavily armored (Vanguard Shepard, Wrex, Grunt, Zaeed, Ashley) on top of that. Those that have lighter armor, also have superior/enhanced speed and maneuverability (Mordin, Jacob, Miranda, Kasumi, Thane, Garrus, Legion). Team Shepard was given the best-of-the-best-OF-THE-BEST as far as the ME universe is concerned, while Team Master Chief has THE TOP DOG of his universe (MC himself, one of my favorite protagonists), the best AI the UNSC can produce (Cortana, who is my absolute favorite of any AI character in any game), a group of Spartans well below his level (that he has never worked with before, btw), and a group of unshielded, unaugmented human soldiers, all armed with weaponry left behind LONG before the events of the ME games BECAUSE it was so vastly inferior to the weaponry given to them by the Reapers. In addition, Team MC is one man short, with one combatant unable to actually affect most of the other team (at best, she could knock out Legion, IF given contact/proximity to him, but there are no other AI characters in this fight, and Legion is NOT the swing factor in this fight).

Now, since all you guys are doing is laughing and posting vague comments, here's something of mine: Stasis, Singularity, Warp, and Reave ALL are biotic powers that do not require it to travel to hit the target, as a projectile. As long as you can see it, you can hit it with those powers. Warp is available to Vanguard Shepard, and the rest are all found at least once in the rest of the group. Most bypass armor, though strong shields can lessen the effectiveness of some of them (not Stasis or Singularity, though). Pin a Spartan in place with Stasis, or a group with Singularity, and game is up for them, as Garrus and Legion are both top snipers. Samara's Reave WRECKS the Mjolnir Armor if the shield drops, as does Warp from Vanguard Shepard, Liara, and Wrex. Pull, Lift, and throw are less effective, since the projectile-like field is relatively slow. Shockwave, however, is great for flushing entrenched targets, as it passes through obstacles and stuns them if hit.

With numbers, weapons, and biotics, I just don't see Team MC pulling out against Team Shepard. MC could probably solo any 1v1 (maybe not Wrex or Vanguard Shepard), but that many people used to working as a team with each other is just too much for the smaller, weaker equipped Noble Team/Arbiter/MC to handle, especially with Biotics thrown into the mix.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gannondorfftw2: they've done a lot more than that, and UNSC standard fire arms matches ME anyway, so again it doesnt matter. Covenant weaponry is higher than UNSC's weaponry.

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: What did everyone read that I didn't?!?!?! How is UNSC weaponry, which is simply modern-day firearms with better propellants, construction, and slug material (MAYBE), on par with ME weaponry, which so outclassed our firearms THAT WE STOPPED MANUFACTURING AND RESEARCHING THEM?!?! Where do you get that information?!?! I need to read this!!

Paytience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: Its a good thing the Spartans are wearing said armor in this fight the isn't it?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By CitizenSentry

@paytience said:

@citizensentry: Its a good thing the Spartans are wearing said armor in this fight the isn't it?

If you're going to try and act high and mighty by replying to a statement I posted over 9 months ago; maybe you should quote said statement.

fubarczar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@citizensentry: being born with it is one thing, but how many don't live up to their potential. MC and his fellow Spartans have been tested and have proven that they are beasts, Grunt has not...yet?

CitizenSentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fubarczar: I'll post a response when I get on to my computer

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: To put it another way, what theoretical chemical propellant in the UNSC can propel a paint chip to impact with the force of a nuclear explosion? Because ME weapons could, if someone could handle the recoil.

ParagonNate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: To put it another way, what theoretical chemical propellant in the UNSC can propel a paint chip to impact with the force of a nuclear explosion? Because ME weapons could, if someone could handle the recoil.

Key word there being IF. No one person could handle the recoil caused by a Mass Accelerator large enough to launch said paint chip. So bringing it up in a discussion about small arms is moot. Really ME small arms make little to no sense from a damage output point of view. Here they have all of this awesome technology yet they limit themselves by firing shots little bigger than a grain of sand, forcing them to launch said shots at an absurd speed (mach 30something IIRC) just to match modern day assault rifles in damage output. As far as how effective they are ME small arms haven't done much, if anything, to put them above modern day infantry armaments in terms of how much damage they cause to their target.

It gets even more mind numbingly dumb when they switch to thermal clips rather then sticking with the version that allows unlimited shots down range. They went from practically limitless ammo, to limiting their troops to whatever number of thermal clips they can carry on them. Yeaaahh.......bunch of real geniuses there. Seriously, a society that knowingly and willingly cripples their own military to such a degree isn't exactly a beacon of intellect and advancement. Since y'know, they take such a drastic step backward in military capability.

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By gannondorfftw2

@paragonnate: It is entirely relevant. The upper reaches of weapons tech forces armor tech to improve, every time. Usually, it is done by one of two ways: thicker armor, or better armor material. In the case of ME, this leads to extremely dense armor material. Comparisons of the two materials are not given, but, again, considering that we DROPPED CHEMICAL BASED PROPELLANTS ENTIRELY IN FAVOR OF THE MORE POWERFUL MASS ACCELERATOR TECHNOLOGY, I think it safe to assume that the armor we have today pales in the face of that armor. To say that an advanced conglomerate of alien species, being fed powerful technology by an extragalactic force intent upon directing their paths of advancement to serve their own ends, is no more effective than modern firearms ignores the facts that we have! We are already experimenting with mass drivers (railguns and coilguns), they are capable of outperforming any modern chemical propellant in kinetic output and velocity. And the mass accelarators are improved versions of that! The in-game codex says this:

A mass accelerator propels a solid metal slug using precisely-controlled electromagnetic attraction and repulsion. The slug is designed to squash or shatter on impact, increasing the energy it transfers to the target. If this were not the case, it would simply punch a hole right through, doing minimal damage.

Accelerator design was revolutionized by element zero. A slug lightened by a mass effect field can be accelerated to greater speeds, permitting projectile velocities that were previously unattainable. If accelerated to a high enough velocity, a simple paint chip can impact with the same destructive force as a nuclear weapon. However, mass accelerators produce recoil equal to their impact energy. This is mitigated somewhat by the mass effect fields that rounds are suspended within, but weapon recoil is still the prime limiting factor on slug velocity.

Railguns outperform our own weapons. UNSC weapons are modern firearms with superior chemical propellants, construction, and slugs. That's it. They don't even compare to ME weapons.

To look at how ME weapons perform against ME opponents and say "As far as how effective they are ME small arms haven't done much, if anything, to put them above modern day infantry armaments in terms of how much damage they cause to their target," is to rip everything you see out of any sort of context. That is bad logic.

One extreme example of this faulty logic is to look at how much the arrows of Skyrim penetrate and say "They don't do anything EDIT: LESS than a modern rifle does," ignoring the differences in material of the target and thickness of the armor. The difference is, we know how much arrows can penetrate, because they were used in our past in warfare, and are still used for recreation and hunting. Mass Accelerators, the composite alloys of the hulls of ships, vehicles, and personal armor, are all things of fiction. But ripping them out of all appropriate context, comparing how they fare in their own universe to how another one fares against its own opponents in its own universe is terrible logic.

EDIT: I've gotta proofread my posts better, my bad, guys!

XioKenji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By XioKenji

I can't be the only one that thinks ME team takes this via OP TK/TP users > Asari chicks + Jack

+Singularity gun and other OP heavy weapons should deal with Spartan armor.

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paragonnate: Also, according to in-game codex entries, after studying firefights in which Citadel races got stomped by Geth, it was found that putting as many rounds downrange as fast as possible was the determining factor in those fights. Whether or not you like it (I didn't either), the logic they used was sound. It's less cool, but more efficient in individual firefights. And if you lose smaller ones, you will lose the war.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By gannondorfftw2
gannondorfftw2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By gannondorfftw2

Here's my take:

Team Shepard Setup:

Wrex, Grunt, Zaeed, Jacob, Vanguard Shepard, Ashley are all the main line.

Garrus and Legion are tactical support, long-rage killers, and coordinators for the group, identifying high-priority targets, and taking out disabled targets.

Liara, Samara, and Jack are on Biotic duty, throwing Stasis, Singularity, Reave, and Warps around, setting up barriers, all as battlefield control.

Tali, Miranda, and Kasumi are the Left Flank. Thane, Mordin, and Kaiden are the Right Flank. They flanking/anti-flanking units.

Team MC Setup:

If MC is smart OR goes against his character decisions:

MC, Noble Leader, Noble Six, Emil, and Jorge are all the main line.

Julio (I think? Sniper from Noble Team) is tactical support, long range killer, and coordinator for the group, identifying high-priority targets and taking them out.

Kat is Left Flank, Arbiter is Right Flank. Both are flanking/anti-flanking units.

Cortana either goes with Kat to try and take out Legion, or goes with Julio to help him with battlefield assessment.

ODST team dies quickly.

If MC is not smart or sticks to his established character, then Cortana will be with him, hampering her usefulness in battlefield assessment somewhat.

Team MC is outnumbered badly: 9 combatants versus seventeen. Even with ODST, they are short two men, and will very quickly be down six men. In addition, Cortana is going to be unable to directly affect most of the enemy, but she will be useful in battlefield assessment. While Spartans are used to being outnumbered, they aren't used to being so badly outnumbered by combatants that are their equals (at least). Meanwhile, position wise, they stack up like this:

Team Shepard Main Line: 6

Team MC Main Line: 5(maybe 6)

Team Shepard Flanks: 3 per side.

Team MC Flanks: 1 per side. (Maybe 2 on one side, 1 on the other.)

Team Shepard Tactical Assessment/Coordination: 2

Team MC Tactical Assessment/Coordination: 1 (maybe 2)

Team Shepard Battlefield Control via Barriers, Disables, and Crowd Control: 3

Team MC Battlefield Control via Barriers, Disables, and Crowd Control: None (Maybe 1, if Cortana gets close enough to disable Legion, but can't disable anyone else).

That is a serious gap in lack of crowd control, and the flanks are relatively weak, three to one per flank. I don't see them pulling it out, even assuming weapons and shields are the same strength (which they aren't). If I am correct (which I am), the sheer strength of the weapons and armor of the ME team enables an ungodly stomp. Otherwise, Team Shepard takes it 8/10 times, with only five-to-eight members down on Team Shepard. Only if MC get's REALLY lucky (I know that's his superpower, but we can't measure it here, and besides, it's kinda Shepard's superpower too) can Team MC scrape out a win, and then it would only be with MC and MAYBE Noble Six surviving, with Cortana probably surviving due to her nature as an AI.

EDIT: The only way Team MC consistently takes this is if Cortana can be uploaded into the Citadel and vent atmo. ODST still dies... That being said, Team Shepard fights in zero-low gee environments and no atmo environments... Maybe not an insta-win, but now the Spartans have some more maneuverability to work with. If timed correctly with Cortana, it could certainly give a good element of surprise.

EDIT 2: I just realized. MAC guns are railguns. The best ship-to-ship weapons the UNSC has during the Covenant War uses the exact same tech base as ME small arms, except ME small arms improve on the design by lightening the mass, allowing much greater velocity. The experimental and powerful Railgun? An older version of the same tech ME uses, probably from just pre-Mars discovery.

DottiestMoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverpool: Hey pal there is another ME vs Halo thread which I think you should join. Which came out recent

Avatar image for spartanplatinum
spartanplatinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team chief easily 7 spartans, two of which are the only in the verse considered hyper lethal in which they could solo the the members of shepherds team other than shepherd himself. In which cortana would cancel out any hacking attempts so team chief wins.

Percival115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Percival115

There's a lot to consider here, and I don't have all the information, but I'll make a guess because everyone seems to be fanboying over both verses, and I do love both verses.

So I'll star with equipment, another poster made a good point, mass effect weapon descriptions show they're an upgrade over standard firearms, but they don't specify in what way. I imagine they hit harder, move faster, all the good stuff.

Anyway, they're restricted by recoil, I'm sure ME equipment is designed around that so they can still fire in an optimal way.

I imagine they have an efficiency a number of times greater than standard weapons, but it's hard to quantify. This is a good thing, as spartan armor is immune in lore to the weapons Spartans tend to use. That said, while im fairly sure ME weapons can't kill Spartans outright as we have examples of weapons being used on unarmored and unshielded foes and they aren't stompped per say, but still, large edge to mass effect in weapons, but that doesn't account for the resilience of spartan armor wholely.

(One last bit, on the topic of Cov weapons, they're not as powerful as they seem. Keep in mind that the cov copied their weapons from forerunner tech in an inefficient way, they pale in comparison to what they could be, because for religious reasons the cov stopped improving them, leaving them as powerful but flawed prototypes. Not useless but flawed.)

So I touched on armor a bit earlier but let's go further. I'm pretty sure ME weapons can eat away at spartan armor, and by extension shields, but what of halo on ME? Well, ME shields and armor hold up against ME weapons, even if poorly at times(renegade ftw), so it stands to reason that it would be fairly resilient against halo weapons. Basically both sides will be hard to put down for the other, makes sense for shooter game protagonists, I don't think either sides out of the fight yet. Edge balanced.

Skill.

This one's more controversial strangely. Spartans are Pinnacle humans taken further, ME team is similar, but made up of many races. I'd say Spartans take skill overall due to team make-up, and the fact that they all have a broad range of skills, they can fluidly take nearly any roll on the battlefield, especially chief. That said, id also say the ODSTs aren't useless. Buck goes on to become a spartan and the others have good showings, I think all together they could atleast delay a few team Shepard members before dying. They're in way over their heads, but atleast one is a near peak human veteran. Edge MC team.

Augmentations, and intelligence.

Spartans are massively faster, stronger, and tougher than a standard human, and it's brought to a new level by their combat armor, and genetics. ME, however, have their own augments, though less impressive in physical abilities, they have access to powerful biotic powers that the Spartans have no practical counter to, and no experience against, where the ME team has seen teams like the Spartans, though perhaps without the speed/skill advantage. Intelligence wise, Shepard's team works well under him, and MC has Cortana and a number of veteran teams to coordinate with.

I'd say augments go to ME very slightly as spartan speed shouldn't be underestimated, but bionic power can't be understated. Intelligence also slightly mass effect, they'll have their positions and team strength down from the beginning.

So funnily enough I think it's super close. It probably comes down to luck, and how fast the ODSTs die in my opinion. That and how quickly the Spartans react to bionics and how well ME team uses their bionics against them. Ultimately I think bionics slightly beat out the superior augmentation on team MC, but the versatility of spartan skill, and MC/Cortana leadership break the deadlock. John has been a team leader for a long time, between him, Cortana , and the Spartans teams vercitility, I think as casualties mount they could lession the efficiency of shepards team, while maintaining their own. The Spartans, with their speed, can control the flow of combat by focusing members of team shep that play certain roles while shep can do the same, it won't be as effective due to the jack of all trades nature of spartan fighters, especially if they waste precious power on hapless ODSTs. Ultimately, Spartans are noting if not quick learners, especially when it comes to alien technology and abilities. I say team MC takes it 5.5/10 in a very blood fight. Id actually say it's 5/10 if shep was an infiltrator like in cannon. Pretty sure he's infiltrator anyway.