• 56 results
#1 Edited by IheartZombies92 (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Shazam

Team Superman

Conditions

• All pre-Nu52
  • Battle starts in Kansas, a mile or so away from the house of Martha and Jonathan Kent
  • Anything goes (e.g. Marvel spamming magic lightning) but no TP from Martian Manhunter.
  • Battle won in-character (e.g, Black Adam tries to kill, Superman tries to incap etc.)

Who wins?

#2 Posted by RBT (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

Why MM? Can't he just control them?

#3 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

@rbt: Sorry, I should have mentioned that in the OP.

#4 Posted by darkbeam (1781 posts) - - Show Bio

If MM can't mind rape then team Captain Marvel.

#5 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#7 Posted by RBT (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 1. Adam is too powerful.

#8 Posted by godzilla44 (1702 posts) - - Show Bio

team 2 MM is a boss

#10 Posted by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam's beaten the Manhunter before and he'll do it again.

#11 Posted by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

Also your use of exclusively Ross art is commendable. I've tried to do it before but it's hard.

#12 Posted by RBT (3730 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlazingHell: Now that's just too much. What's he gonna do? He can't mind rape them. He'll be the first to go down.

#13 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

Adam's beaten the Manhunter before and he'll do it again.

He only beat MMH for a stupid reason and MMH came back and beat him and made sure his reason for beating him in the first place could never happen again

#14 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Thanks, I tried to make a point of it, Kingdom Come is great

#15 Posted by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: He beat him by blasting the f*** out of him, and Manhunter never beat him back. He stunned him briefly which let Billy enact his plan. If it had been J'onn alone their second fight would have ended exactly the way their first one did. And he can't mindrape anyway so this is a superduper stomp for Adam.

#16 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave: He beat him by blasting the f*** out of him, and Manhunter never beat him back. He stunned him briefly which let Billy enact his plan. If it had been J'onn alone their second fight would have ended exactly the way their first one did. And he can't mindrape anyway so this is a superduper stomp for Adam.

He didn't attempt to finish Black Adam in the second encounter because he didn't want to kill him. Black Adam has no answer for having his brain or heart phased out.

#17 Posted by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: He already had a football field opened inside of his brain and it didn't kill him. Also how fast is MMH?

#18 Posted by patrat18 (6740 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#19 Posted by Dratini1331 (6407 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@dondave: He already had a football field opened inside of his brain and it didn't kill him. Also how fast is MMH?

Wait what? What comic was that in? that's crazy...

#20 Posted by OreoAssassin (2794 posts) - - Show Bio

Leaning towards team 1 because of no tp

#21 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

He's blitzed White Martians across the world. Those same White Martians were tagging Flash and giving Superman a very hard time.

#22 Posted by dondave (26572 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by IheartZombies92 (2198 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#24 Posted by Riot_Sqrrl (262 posts) - - Show Bio

Do the duel psyches possessed by both Captain M and Black Adam confound Martian Manhunter's telepathy? If so, gotta go with Team Shazam!/Marvel Family. Otherwise, I think MM's support would enable Supes to overcome his weakness to magic.

#25 Posted by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman. Clark can take out Billy due to greater experience and combat speed edge. With World War 3 aside, Manhunter is far too versatile for Adam.

#26 Posted by TDK_1997 (13670 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman.Billy will lose to Clark due to lack of experience while Black Adam isn't versatile as Martian Manhunter.

#27 Posted by MumblesOneTwo (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman Curbstomps!

#28 Edited by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman Curbstomps!

LOL.

No.

Even if they win, which they MIGHT, it is by no means a curbstomp and one or both likely die in the effort.

#29 Posted by logy5000 (5525 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Team Superman. Clark can take out Billy due to greater experience and combat speed edge. With World War 3 aside, Manhunter is far too versatile for Adam.

#30 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (1878 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Superman. Both Superman and MMH can take out CM and both of them can stalemate Black Adam and even beat him but I see SM vs BA and MMH vs BA as more of a stalemate. So it either goes Superman takes out CM and then goes and helps MMH take out BA or MMH takes out CM and then goes and helps SM take out Black Adam.

#31 Edited by jojjimbo (2472 posts) - - Show Bio

Team Shazam.

#32 Edited by Shisho_The_Fist (126 posts) - - Show Bio

This is extremely close. This battle will be dictated simply by who attacks who first. If Adam's up against the Martian (with no TP) he'll more than likely put him down after a tough fight.This leaves Billy vs Supes, Supes will take Billy down due to being faster,slightly stronger, and having more combat experience. Adam beats the Martian in a tough fight, which will leave Supes vs Adam. If the scenario is rearranged, Adam and Supes will fight till the victor of Martian and Billy comes and assist. Both Scenario's could go either way.

#33 Edited by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

This is extremely close. This battle will be dictated simply by who attacks who first. If Adam's up against the Martian (with no TP) he'll more than likely put him down after a tough fight.This leaves Billy vs Supes, Supes will take Billy down due to being faster,slightly stronger, and having more combat experience. Adam beats the Martian in a tough fight, which will leave Supes vs Adam. If the scenario is rearranged, Adam and Supes will fight till the victor of Martian and Billy comes and assist. Both Scenario's could go either way.

It's in character which means that J'onn and Supes are gonna be holding back big time, but Adam is gonna start off attacking full-fat and hitting like a truck.

#34 Posted by Pokeysteve (7007 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

This looks good. Pretty even fight I'd say.

#35 Posted by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam has been outpaced by Jay Garrick before and Garrick has mentioned on occasion that Superman is as fast, if not faster than him. Couple that speed advantage with Superman's greater experience, skill and strategic thinking and I see it going similarly to how Superman's fight with Ultraman in Trinity went. Evidently not as quickly but it's these things that give Superman an edge over Billy or Adam.

#36 Posted by ComicStooge (9650 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

It KO'd him for hours.

And MM is fast enough to have a high-speed fistfight with a blood lusted Flash.

Team 2 owns.

Superman handles Marvel:

While MM handles Black Adam.

#37 Posted by Joygirl (15329 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge:

1. KO'd him but didn't kill him.

2. Black Adam kept up with a bloodlusted Flash too....

#38 Posted by ComicStooge (9650 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl said:

@comicstooge:

1. KO'd him but didn't kill him.

2. Black Adam kept up with a bloodlusted Flash too....

That's Jay Garrick (who Superman is just as fast as, if not moreso), and he was pretty much embarrassing Adam the whole fight before Adam's thunderclap put civilians in danger.

To my knowledge, Adam's top reaction and travel speed in Mach 500.

#39 Edited by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Was Jay bloodlusted in that fight? He does say "Have to keep it up...try to...wear him down!" That's not bloodlusted in a fight IMO and Adam was still outpaced by Jay in that fight.

#40 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Hmm, I'm not seeing how that would qualify Jay as bloodlusted from that particular scan. He's pushing Adam to a limit where he can't exactly react but nothing to the extent that Jay is out for blood and has a complete disregard for his morals as he seems to keep a clear conscience and a general battle plan.

#41 Posted by MonsterStomp (13087 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Marvel has always been regarded as Superman's equal. Black Adam definitely in their league also. Superman goes down, then MMH goes down after a long fight of hits and misses.

#42 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2

#43 Edited by Lvenger (15993 posts) - - Show Bio

@joygirl: Hmm, I'm not seeing how that would qualify Jay as bloodlusted from that particular scan. He's pushing Adam to a limit where he can't exactly react but nothing to the extent that Jay is out for blood and has a complete disregard for his morals as he seems to keep a clear conscience and a general battle plan.

Exactly my thoughts. A strategy in mind and no clear indication of being out for lethal force against Adam isn't a bloodlusted mindset IMO.

#44 Posted by Deranged Midget (17598 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@deranged_midget said:

Exactly my thoughts. A strategy in mind and no clear indication of being out for lethal force against Adam isn't a bloodlusted mindset IMO.

Agreed. There's a fine line defining and representing what a character would act like under the circumstances of being bloodlusted. I just didn't see it with that general scan.

#45 Posted by New_World_Order (11159 posts) - - Show Bio

Team 2.

#46 Posted by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

BA is more than capable to put MM down especially if he can not use his tp. So he quickly defeats him and then we have Supes vs Billy and Adam: he can probably defeat both of them if this was 1 vs 1, but since it isn't Team one wins this.

#47 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (4465 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom said:

BA is more than capable to put MM down especially if he can not use his tp. So he quickly defeats him and then we have Supes vs Billy and Adam: he can probably defeat both of them if this was 1 vs 1, but since it isn't Team one wins this.

How do you figure that? Adam can't counter intangibility and J'onn is by feats faster than him as well.

#49 Edited by toptom (1140 posts) - - Show Bio

@juiceboks: i have figured that simply by knowing he has already defeated him..badly. MM could even use his tp in that fight.

#50 Posted by Juiceboks (5930 posts) - - Show Bio

@toptom said:

@juiceboks: i have figured that simply by knowing he has already defeated him..badly. MM could even use his tp in that fight.

That fight in the 52 was PIS in Adam's favor. J'onn's TP was written poorly and that's fact. He's scanned the whole earth multiple times without any strain and he suddenly goes crazy during that fight? Also, lightning taking him out? Even though that's a psychological weakness (which honestly shouldn't be there in the first place)? J'onns tanked much worse. How was Adam able to even say Shazam if J'onn was in control of his motor functions? WW2 reaks of PIS man.