Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Chimeroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@theonewhoknows: Nice thread. Worst part almost all are stalemates/ could go either way :D really tough to go

WOuld go with DD on the first one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73
deactivated-5d86fd79c2e73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1

Stalemate

Hawkeye

Elektra

Red Hood

Not sure

Bullseye

Round 2

Nightwing

Not sure, probably Hawkeye

Elektra

Red Hood

Black Canary

Deadshot

Round 3

Nightwing

Still not sure, still probably Hawkeye

Elektra

Red Hood

Black Canary

Deadshot

random_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wait young justice or just overall?

overall answer

daredevil, arguable more skilled

hawkeye, arsenals not as trained h2h

elektra probably, more skilled overall

jasen one shots. but seriously h2h hes more skilled overall, been stacking up feats since the new 52.

widow h2h imo. dont have much opinion on this not an expert on either

deadshot probably. im not that familiar with eithers h2h feats

round two changes

nightwing wins, hes feats are more impressive with the sticks...and they shock people. zap zap.

arsenal takes victory his arsenal is plain superior while their aim is pretty onpar

black canary takes victory

round three answers same as round two

Reno117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Reno117

Alright, let's go!

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Arsenal/Red Arrow vs. Hawkeye

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Black Canary vs. Black Widow

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By christianrapper

for round 1 i will go with the marvel crew. in round 2 i will go with the marvel crew as well. however, i will give black canary a decided advantage over black widow. round 3 is the same in my opinion.

devinwifi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reno117 said:

Alright, let's go!

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

Helicoprion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

daredevil

RolandAlderas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 44

@reno117 said:

Alright, let's go!

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for round 1 i will go with the marvel crew. in round 2 i will go with the marvel crew as well. however, i will give black canary a decided advantage over black canary. round 3 is the same in my opinion.

I agree Black Canary has a very large advantage over Black Canary

E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

I don't know much about Cheshire or Elektra but I know Elektra is fairly on DDs level and Cheshire has beat Lady Shiva so I'm going with Cheshire but feel free to show me why I'm wrong.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@christianrapper: @e5ten: I just noticed this; thanks for responding.

Let me make one thing CRYSTAL CLEAR---I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER with Black Canary beating Black Widow; she definitely has the ability to do it. But it sounds like you guys think Canary can just CRUSH Widow (in fact, a lot of people on this site seem to feel this way). Again, I acknowledge that Canary has the skills to beat Widow. But I think Widow has an equal chance at defeating Canary, because Widow's feats include:

In Black Widow issue, three, absolutely stalemated Electra (in a TRUE stalemate, not just an interrupted fight) despite undergoing major surgery a few days before;

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Defeated her ex-husband the Red Guardian, a man who absolutely stalemated Captain America in The Avengers issue 44. And speaking of Captain America, defeated him in his OWN BOOK. After a lengthy battle she maneuvers behind him, taps him on the shoulder, and he strikes where she should be-except that she cleverly hung above him using her spider-like clinging ability to cling by her feet to a surface! So he strikes the wall where she SHOULD be, and in that moment she uses her Widow's bite-right to his face-to take him out!;

During a great story in Marvel Fanfare issues 10-13, in issue 11, she single handily takes on 6 deadly assasins -N'kama, Deadshot Darrance, The Iron Maiden, Laralie, the Black Lotus and Kono-and, despite her arms being tied behind her back during a good bit of the confrontation defeats 5 of the six right then; because of her armor, she has to flee the Iron Maiden but later takes her down by maneuvering agent Jimmy Woo into firing a powerful weapon onto the ground beneath the Maiden, causing her to sink down a sewer drain. Incidently, Kono is a Sumo with the strength of Bane and the martial arts prowess of (at least) Nightwing (and gave Captain America a tough battle); Black Lotus is a LETHAL martial artist, and the Iron Maiden is a longtime, constant Marvel villianess. In the finale issue she defeats another long time Marvel lethal assassin, Snapdragon.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Not to mention, Natasha defeated literally 100 armed, deadly assassins in Marvel Two-In-One 10 to keep them from stopping the Thing, who was pulling up a deadly, enormous bomb from being dropped on the city, and Widow flipped the giant Typhon, an arch foe of Hercules; he bellowed with rage that a "mere mortal female" manage to accomplish such a feat.

There's more, but you get the point: Anyone that can stalemate Electra and beat Captain America is NOT going to be steamrolled by ANYONE!

@the_best_of_the_fresh@myerlanski@ancient_0f_days@outside_85@battle123axe@dontevenblink@random_nerd@pokeysteve@misterwhisper or anyone else out there---got an opinion, weigh in!

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

@e5ten said:

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

I don't know much about Cheshire or Elektra but I know Elektra is fairly on DDs level and Cheshire has beat Lady Shiva so I'm going with Cheshire but feel free to show me why I'm wrong.

Cheshire "beat" Lady Shiva with the poisons most likely. Not hand to hand. I think Cheshire would get creamed by Elektra in the first round and probably take the next to due to those poisons. They're on/in her fingernails and all she needs is a scratch.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@pokeysteve: Since I believe the two are close in skill and ruthlessness, I wouldn't be outraged reading a comic with Elektra beating Cheshire---

but Cheshire being "creamed" by Elektra? AND needing her poisons to win?? I don't know about that.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Since I believe the two are close in skill and ruthlessness, I wouldn't be outraged reading a comic with Elektra beating Cheshire---

but Cheshire being "creamed" by Elektra? AND needing her poisins to win?? I don't know about that.

I have no idea why I quoted this,, but when you say no powers or gear for the first round,, are you allowing dd's senses and radar?? if not then he is useless and gets creamed..

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: NO powers or gear, WHATSOEVER in the first round.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: well then that makes the first round not really fair for Matt so I am going to bow out of the thread my friend..

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@newecho: I am really, truly, thoroughly perplexed as to why you think round 1 is "unfair" since NO ONE gets to use any powers or gear. Is Matt so deficient without the radar senses-in your opinion-that he will, to use a previously mentioned expression, get "creamed" without them?

And Murdock DOES get to use them in the other rounds, so what's the problem?

Wha---???

I really, TRULY don't get it.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: radar and senses are a part ofhis character and how he sees. He is starting at a complete disadvantage right from the start. I understand making speed equal or saying his senses are being disrupted like others have done but saying he can't use a part of how he sees is unfair in my opinion..

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@newecho: No one else seems to have your hang-up about this so I still don't get it, and; he was taught to fight sightless by his mentor Stick, a master who of course is also sightless.

But I have discovered it is very difficult to talk people out of how they FEEL (since logic often has nothing to do with the situation, and bows to raw emotion more than not). So if that's the case---

Why not make something of a compromise, and if you feel so strongly, endeavor to answer all the OTHER bouts besides that one, instead of bowing out of deciding on such excellent, compelling match-ups ALTOGETHER?

THAT, I think, would be more reasonable.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows: I don't think any read the op or really understand what that does to Matt. He was taught to use his senses as a radar so he can see..

As for the rest of the battles

Canary beats widow in all rounds and Hawkeye wins all rounds. Cheshire loses hand to hand round but that fight in rounds two and three are highly debateable. Her posion vs elektras powers idk I would probably lean cheshire

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forgot about bullseye as bullseye wins all rounds as he is to versatile

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pokeysteve

but Cheshire being "creamed" by Elektra? AND needing her poisons to win?? I don't know about that.

I figure Elektra to be right around Black Canary's level (pre 52) and Canary has handily beaten Cheshire in hand to hand. In the same story though, Canary says Cheshire is "very good".

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: That's fine. But Dinah getting a clear victory-while obviously being challenged enough that she conceded Cheshire was formidable-is hardly a "stomp". And, in a clear display of her battle skills, Cheshire was running rings around the Warlords Of Okarra trained Starfire, frustrating her every attempt to strike or blast Cheshire (at one point futilely demanding the assassin to "stand still!" while continuously getting struck by the villian, who later went on to all most slay Wally West in mid run). This is significant because, after once again defeating Donna Troy Wonder Girl in a training session, Troy remarked that only her sister Diana had been able to accomplish this before Korriandor came along.

Add in that Cheshire knows a lot of fighting disciplines that are very obscure and/or forgotten (making counters difficult) and it seems even more unlikely that Elektra-even if she won-would be able to "stomp" the skilled, lethal, triple jointed Cheshire.

"Defeat" Cheshire, that's entirely posssible, sure.

But "stomp"-as in "run all over Cheshire with very little resistance"?

No way.

Avatar image for deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5
deactivated-6241fa3a1cff5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows said:

The Battles:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND ONE

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: That's fine. But Dinah getting a clear victory-while obviously being challenged enough that she conceded Cheshire was formidable-is hardly a "stomp". And, in a clear display of her battle skills, Cheshire was running rings around the Warlords Of Okarra trained Starfire, frustrating her every attempt to strike or blast Cheshire (at one point futilely demanding the assassin to "stand still!" while continuously getting struck by the villian, who later went on to all most slay Wally West in mid run). This is significant because, after once again defeating Donna Troy Wonder Girl in a training session, Troy remarked that only her sister Diana had been able to accomplish this before Korriandor came along.

Add in that Cheshire knows a lot of fighting disciplines that are very obscure and/or forgotten (making counters difficult) and it seems even more unlikely that Elektra-even if she won-would be able to "stomp" the skilled, lethal, triple jointed Cheshire.

"Defeat" Cheshire, that's entirely posssible, sure.

But "stomp"-as in "run all over Cheshire with very little resistance"?

No way.

Dinah beat her pretty easily in a couple shots. She commented on Jade's skills a little later in the story while they were fighting against some thugs. Donna Troy is virtually featless. Her only hand to hand feats that I can think of are sparring with Diana or Starfire.

I'm not saying Elektra stomps her really. I just don't feel Cheshire is in her league. She's a tier or two below. Elektra wins handily as Canary did.

Avatar image for no_one_expects_the_silver_surf
No_one_expects_the_Silver_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1:

Daredevil: More skilled in H2H

Hawkeye: More skilled in H2H

Elektra: All around better showings.

Punisher: Come on the guy has gone toe to toe with spiderman and daken before.

Black Widow: Without the cry, Nat takes this.

Bullseye: More skill in H2H, and better showings.

Round 2:

Too close to call

Hawkeye: Better trick arrows(all hail the USB arrow) and can win should the fight get up close.

Elektra: same as before

Punisher: While Jason carries more gadgets, they're arsenals are relatively similar, so im giving it to Frank

Black Canary: With the cry at her disposal i think she overwhelms BW.

Deadshot: Has all around better equipment and more impressive gun feats.

Round 3:

Daredevil: his fighting is fairly passive which is why i think he has lost to punisher, but bloodlusted i say he takes it.

Hawkeye: Same as before

Elektra: Same as before

Punisher: This round really doesn't change much for either of them so i still give it to punisher.

Black Canary: Full power CC=Mollywhop

Deadshot: Same as before

Overall: DC:4 Marvel:13

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@no_one_expects_the_silver_surf: @pokeysteve: Donna Troy is "featless"?

The same Donna Troy who, after proving fast enough to block the Conner Kent clone Match's heat vision assault blitzed him?

The same Donna Troy who fought evenly with Etrigan The Demon before ultimately lassoing and subduing him?

The same Donna Troy who soloed the Fearsome Five (culminating in Troy, in response to Mammoth causing damage due to his sister Shimmer being hurt shouted "And this is for MY sister!" as she pummeled him to unconsciousness with several unanswered blows?

The same Donna Troy who stopped Cassie Wonder Girl in one move, after moments before Cassie effortlessly sent Artemis flying through the air, totally defeated?

The same Donna Troy who, during her stint as a Justice League member got the better of Superwoman (the Earth Three Wonder Woman counterpart) in two protracted battles, ultimately sending the villian through a portal while telling her to "Get the %÷*÷ off my world, hag!"?

The same Donna Troy who fought Wonder Woman herself to a standstill (after one of her umpteenth ressurections, Donna was upset that many things in her life-including her husband Terry and their kids-had been wiped out; her rage made talking her down impossible, forcing Diana to fight her full on in a long, protracted battle that battered, bruised, and bloodied them both).

There's more, but that should be enough to show Troy is not "featless". Yet Starfire CONSISTENTLY outshone her, and Cheshire outshone Kory (among other feats the villian has performed)---leading me to my conclusion that there is no way Elektra could EASILY beat Cheshire. It's indeed impressive that Canary beat the assassin in that manner, but who's to say that would happen the same way in a SERIES of battles? For example, even though Doomsday "slew" Superman in thier infamous first fight, a more prepared Kal, using a better game plan, defeated the creature relatively easily the next time they met; the same might be true in future Canary/Cheshire clashes.

Again, I have no problem reading a story depicting Elektra beating Cheshire; I just can't subscribe to the idea that it would be even SOMEWHAT easy.

NooneexpectstheSilverSurfer, considering the feats Black Widow has achieved that I detail in post 15, and that Natasha has a deadly finisher of her own, The Widow's Bite (that she is more apt to use quicker than Dinah uses hers; after all, Dinah doesn't run around screaming people to death IMMEDIATELY) do you really think Canary can "stomp" Widow? BEAT, possibly, yes---but "stomp" her?

Based on feats, I don't think a "stomp" is likely.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pokeysteve: Donna Troy is "featless"?

The same Donna Troy who, after proving fast enough to block the Conner Kent clone Match's heat vision assault blitzed him?

The same Donna Troy who fought evenly with Etrigan The Demon before ultimately lassoing and subduing him?

The same Donna Troy who soloed the Fearsome Five (culminating in Troy, in response to Mammoth causing damage due to his sister Shimmer being hurt shouted "And this is for MY sister!" as she pummeled him to unconsciousness with several unanswered blows?

The same Donna Troy who stopped Cassie Wonder Girl in one move, after moments before Cassie effortlessly sent Artemis flying through the air, totally defeated?

The same Donna Troy who, during her stint as a Justice League member got the better of Superwoman (the Earth Three Wonder Woman counterpart) in two protracted battles, ultimately sending the villian through a portal while telling her to "Get the %÷*÷ off my world, hag!"?

The same Donna Troy who fought Wonder Woman herself to a standstill (after one of her umpteenth ressurections, Donna was upset that many things in her life-including her husband Terry and their kids-had been wiped out; her rage made talking her down impossible, forcing Diana to fight her full on in a long, protracted battle that battered, bruised, and bloodied them both).

There's more, but that should be enough to show Troy is not "featless". Yet Starfire CONSISTENTLY outshone her, and Cheshire outshone Kory (among other feats the villian has performed)---leading me to my conclusion that there is no way Elektra could EASILY beat Cheshire. It's indeed impressive that Canary beat the assassin in that manner, but who's to say that would happen the same way in a SERIES of battles? For example, even though Doomsday "slew" Superman in thier infamous first fight, a more prepared Kal, using a better game plan, defeated the creature relatively easily the next time they met; the same might be true in future Canary/Cheshire clashes.

Again, I have no problem reading a story depicting Elektra beating Cheshire; I just can't subscribe to the idea that it would be even SOMEWHAT easy.

Match's heat vision - This isn't a hand to hand feat.
Etrigan - I'd have to read the fight.
Fearsome Five - I'm unfamiliar with that team.
Cassie - Cassie's strength is much greater than Artemis'. Donna has higher stats than her I believe and I'd have to read the fight.
Superwoman - In at least one of their fights Superwoman let her win. I don't remember the second fight.
Wonder Woman - Diana was clearly holding back for that entire fight. Donna landed like 2 shots and it was over. Not very impressive.

I'm really impressed by your knowledge of Donna. I've seen dozens of threads with her where no one knows what she can do. I'm not a big fan so I don't read her stuff. Have you considered posting in her respect thread or if she doesn't have one making one?

Any feats for Kory? Donna is irrelevant here. Starfire is the one you mentioned Cheshire beat. I've just never seen anything from Cheshire in close quarters that was that great. I hold her in high regard as a prepper.

Avatar image for agentghostrider
AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Not really, Bullseye wins Round one as he is better at Close combat, But Deadshot with gear is just better

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentghostrider: he really isn't, unless he has a drop on bullseye he will lose most fights

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Round 1

• Nightwing Vs Daredevil
  • Arsenal/Red Arrow Vs Hawkeye
  • Cheshire Vs Elektra
  • Red Hood Vs Punisher
  • Black Canary Vs Black Widow
  • Deadshot vs. Bullseye

Round 2

• Nightwing Vs Daredevil
  • Cheshire Vs Elektra
  • Red Hood Vs Punisher
  • Deadshot Vs Bullseye

Round 3

• Nightwing Vs Daredevil
  • Cheshire Vs Elektra
  • Red Hood Vs Punisher
  • Deadshot Vs Bullseye

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nightwing R1-3 vs. Daredevil

Arsenal/Red Arrow R2, R3 vs. Hawkeye R1

Cheshire R1 vs. Elektra R2, R3

Red Hood R1-R3 vs. Punisher

Black Canary R1-R3 vs. Black Widow

Deadshot R2, R3 vs. Bullseye Not sure on R1

I don't really see muh of a difference in round 2 and 3 tbh

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agentghostrider: he kills deadshot,,, he is way more versatile than Floyd. Anything can be a weapon and while deadshot is accurate , he isn't as accurate as lester

AgentGhostRider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Accuracy is arguable, however, Versatility means crap if Lester can't even hurt Deadshot, how does he get trough Floyd's armor?

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By newecho

Eyepiece, or mouth when he talks..

Edit: BTW all lester has to do is close the distance and with his accuracy and quickness there is no reason to think he can't

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_kusanagi: Yeah, considering he can still stalemate people like Moon Knight like that. He's also much faster and stronger, so that helps.

Avatar image for spectrumunbound
SpectrumUnbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@reno117 said:

Alright, let's go!

ROUND ONE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND TWO:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

ROUND THREE:

Nightwing vs. Daredevil

Cheshire vs. Elektra

Red Hood vs. Punisher

Deadshot vs. Bullseye

Kitsune_Kusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kitsune_kusanagi: Yeah, considering he can still stalemate people like Moon Knight like that. He's also much faster and stronger, so that helps.

I've never seen him fighting w/o his powers....scans?

Imperfect_Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imperfect_cell said:

I've never seen him fighting w/o his powers....scans?

It'll take me a minute but I can get a couple of his fight with Moon Knight.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@kitsune_kusanagi: @pokeysteve: Attempting to lowball feats because they provide irrefutable proof of a character's prowess is just not an effective tactic when you try the lowballing with someone who knows better.

Deflecting Match's attacks IS a hand to hand feat because, since it takes incredible speed and eye to hand coordination to block heat vision blasts delivered from a super powered foe, it shows how effective Troy is in blocking blows from mere human and/or humanoid opponents; therefore, the fact that Kory regularly got the better of a being with such coordination-and Cheshire got the better of Kory-speaks volumes about how formidable Cheshire is; since you are unfamiliar with the Etrigan and Fearsome Five battles you shouldn't comment on them; Artemis is the one who trained Cassie in h2h, and Artemis' skills have allowed her to battle evenly with stronger opponents (which is why Artemis was embarrassed that Cassie handled her so easily); and I don't know what you're talking about regarding the Superwoman and Wonder Woman fights---in the battles I'M referring to, at no time did Superwoman let Donna win, and Troy absolutely-and INDEED "impressively"-get in more than "a couple" of blows against Diana. Falsely describing those skirmishes is not cool; thank you, however, for your comments regarding my knowledge of Troy. Mentioning Troy, by the way, IS relevant, because, as her feats show she is a formidable combatant---a combatant that Kory consistently outshone, yet Cheshire outshone Kory, a clear indication of how skilled Cheshire is. There is simply no way Elektra can EASILY, if at all, beat Cheshire.

Kitsune Kusanagi, (A) Canary is indeed one of the top DC street levelers, but the Widow's feats I mentioned in post 15 show that Natasha can absolutely hang with Dinah (and Natasha's Widow's Bite is an excellent finisher like the Canary Cry) and (B) I don't know where you got the idea I think Murdock can take Grayson; on the contrary, like many people on this thread, I believe Nightwing wins all three rounds!

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By newecho

@kitsune_kusanagi: canary is great but she isn't that far out of widows league if at all. Widow also has a massive tech advantage and if it's not a random encounter she could be prepared for the cry which is really the only thing Dinah uses so in theory rounds two and three could go to widow as she is much faster to for the knock out. I don't necessarily think widow can beat canary in hand to hand because most of widows best feats are just stalemates against people above Dinah so I would still give Dinah that round no matter what. However round two and three are at least arguable..

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows:

Attempting to lowball feats because they provide irrefutable proof of a character's prowess is just not an effective tactic when you try the lowballing with someone who knows better.

I'm not lowballing anyone. Donna does not have impressive feats.

Deflecting Match's attacks IS a hand to hand feat because, since it takes incredible speed and eye to hand coordination to block heat vision blasts delivered from a super powered foe, it shows how effective Troy is in blocking blows from mere human and/or humanoid opponents; therefore, the fact that Kory regularly got the better of a being with such coordination-and Cheshire got the better of Kory-speaks volumes about how formidable Cheshire is

This logic means Cheshire has superhuman strength and speed when we know she doesn't. She didn't last 5 minutes against Canary and in fact, ran from her.

since you are unfamiliar with the Etrigan and Fearsome Five battles you shouldn't comment on them

I didn't.

I did find that Etrigan fight and come on, man. That's not a feat at all. She hits him once from behind and ties him up after Batman blinds him. The only feat there is from the gorilla (Bill) that takes Etrigan's punch.

Artemis is the one who trained Cassie in h2h, and Artemis' skills have allowed her to battle evenly with stronger opponents (which is why Artemis was embarrassed that Cassie handled her so easily)

Cassie's strength and durability is above what Artemis could handle which is why she handled her so easily. She was embarrassed because it's part of her personality. She hates to lose.

and I don't know what you're talking about regarding the Superwoman and Wonder Woman fights---in the battles I'M referring to, at no time did Superwoman let Donna win

Sorry, you're right. I was thinking of a different fight. Wonder Woman has one-shotted Superwoman.

and Troy absolutely-and INDEED "impressively"-get in more than "a couple" of blows against Diana. Falsely describing those skirmishes is not cool

I have the fight right here. Donna hits her 4-5 times.

-The first two come right after Donna's blitz from behind while Diana is working out what's going on.

-The 3rd comes after Diana lassos her and realizes the lasso is possibly killing her. Donna jabs as Diana gets the Lasso off.

-The last and her only legit shot is a good kick to Diana's face as Diana is trying to put her down.

The fight is over on the next page. It's not really a display of skill. Donna mostly cheap shots and gets lucky after a blitz. That's what happens so that's that's how I described it. Letting your fondness for a character skew what they're actually capable of is also not cool.

thank you, however, for your comments regarding my knowledge of Troy. Mentioning Troy, by the way, IS relevant, because, as her feats show she is a formidable combatant---a combatant that Kory consistently outshone, yet Cheshire outshone Kory, a clear indication of how skilled Cheshire is. There is simply no way Elektra can EASILY, if at all, beat Cheshire.

You're welcome. It's barely relevant. Donna isn't anywhere near the same hand to hand tier as Canary and Elektra. Kory isn't either if beating on Donna is her only feat.

E5TEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theonewhoknows said:

@kitsune_kusanagi: @pokeysteve: Attempting to lowball feats because they provide irrefutable proof of a character's prowess is just not an effective tactic when you try the lowballing with someone who knows better.

Deflecting Match's attacks IS a hand to hand feat because, since it takes incredible speed and eye to hand coordination to block heat vision blasts delivered from a super powered foe, it shows how effective Troy is in blocking blows from mere human and/or humanoid opponents; therefore, the fact that Kory regularly got the better of a being with such coordination-and Cheshire got the better of Kory-speaks volumes about how formidable Cheshire is; since you are unfamiliar with the Etrigan and Fearsome Five battles you shouldn't comment on them; Artemis is the one who trained Cassie in h2h, and Artemis' skills have allowed her to battle evenly with stronger opponents (which is why Artemis was embarrassed that Cassie handled her so easily); and I don't know what you're talking about regarding the Superwoman and Wonder Woman fights---in the battles I'M referring to, at no time did Superwoman let Donna win, and Troy absolutely-and INDEED "impressively"-get in more than "a couple" of blows against Diana. Falsely describing those skirmishes is not cool; thank you, however, for your comments regarding my knowledge of Troy. Mentioning Troy, by the way, IS relevant, because, as her feats show she is a formidable combatant---a combatant that Kory consistently outshone, yet Cheshire outshone Kory, a clear indication of how skilled Cheshire is. There is simply no way Elektra can EASILY, if at all, beat Cheshire.

Kitsune Kusanagi, (A) Canary is indeed one of the top DC street levelers, but the Widow's feats I mentioned in post 15 show that Natasha can absolutely hang with Dinah (and Natasha's Widow's Bite is an excellent finisher like the Canary Cry) and (B) I don't know where you got the idea I think Murdock can take Grayson; on the contrary, like many people on this thread, I believe Nightwing wins all three rounds!

This takes A>B>C to a new level.

TheOneWhoKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheOneWhoKnows

@pokeysteve: Good GRIEF, your futile attempts to lowball Donna Troy are simultaneously tedious and hysterical. Wonder Girl DOES have impressive feats, and your playing the old, tired, worn out "dilute/deny/dismiss" game with them won't change that, even if you extend this thread for the next 1,000 pages. More on this point momentarily, but first---

A person doesn't need "superhuman strength and/or speed" to upend, unbalance, or otherwise affect an, on paper, superior foe if said person has the proper skills. Captain America has upended The Hulk on more than one occasion using judo and leverage; The Black Panther has temporarily incapacitated Luke Cage using pressure points; Black Widow flipped Typhon, a giant, arch foe of Hercules who is around the same strength/durability level as the Olympian. These are just a few examples that illustrate your "logic" in asserting that the extremely skilled Cheshire needs "superhuman strength and speed" to take on Troy OR Starfire is ABYSMALLY false.

There are many, MANY beings in both the DC AND Marvel universes that, whether they "hit Etrigan from behind" or loudly announced beforehand their intentions to strike him don't have the strength and power to affect him one iota, much less enough to get him into a position to be subdued; THAT is the point you willfully look past in your inexplicable zeal to dilute, dismiss and deny anything Troy does to its lowest interpretation.

Regarding Artemis and Cassie,this brings it back home to my earlier point regarding skills vs power. Artemis was not embarrassed only because she "hates to lose"; she is legitimately a superbly skilled warrior (so skilled in fact that she got the better of Batman in H2H; after putting him on his back and straddling him (no jokes, please) as she, going against orders, whipped out a blade deciding it "would be better to just kill him and be done with it", Batman had to surreptitiously shoot her with a tranquilizer dart to "win"). It was NOT primarily Cassie's superior strength that allowed her to-in that instance-get the better of Artemis; if great strength was the only factor, then Supergirl-who's strength and power DWARFS Cassie's-would not have been repeatedly put on her a$$ by Artemis (at one point prompting an over protective Superman to grab the Amazon by the throat and yank her off of Kara). It was the COMBINATION of Cassie's well learned skills (via Artemis) as well as the strength. (As a sidebar, I would point out that this dynamic plays itself out in Wonder Woman's battles with Supergirl and Powergirl-even though the two rival Diana in strength, the COMBINATION of the Amazon's strength and superior combat acumen allows Diana to win-often surprsingly handily). Yet, for all that, Donna defeated Cassie in one move (showing her skill), Starfire consistently outshone Donna (showcasing Kory's skill) and Cheshire outshone Kory (hilighting the ASSASSIN'S skill). Your willfully ignoring that displays how formidable Cheshire is is regrettable, but ultimately irrelevant.

I appreciate your conceding the Superwoman matter. Doing that, in fact, is the one thing that showed me continuing to respond to you was worthwhile, that you can be reasonable, and that you are not the totally LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU type of poster I was beginning to think you were. I wish you would take the concession further, though---Donna getting the better of an Amazon that is Wonder Woman's Earth Three COUNTERPART is, right there MORE than enough proof that Troy is formidable---

Not to mention, while outraged and somewhat bloodlusted soloing the Fearsome Five, a Supervillian team that once stalemated the combined forces of The New Teen Titans and Batman And The Outsiders SIMULTANEOUSLY!

Your interpretation of the Donna/Diana battle is a TEXTBOOK illustration of lowballing. Because you "feel" that Troy is sub par, anything she did against Diana that denotes formidable prowess you dilute/deny/dismiss it as "not legit" or "luck". Newsflash: a woman that, when not holding back can solo The Fearsome Five or get the better of Superwoman (among other feats) is NOT some kind of scrub that has to get "lucky" to do well against Wonder Woman. If someone who you felt was "worthy" had bloodied and battered Diana in a similar fashion you'd be hailing them; since it's Troy, you bias makes you debase the battle to "Troy just got a few lucky swings in".

Whatever.

Due to Diana's superlative skills, many beings-even those blessed with an array of incredible powers-have not been able to do nearly as well against her (ask the girls Super and Power about that). It is not my "fondness" for Troy (which, actually, I don't have any excessive amount for) that makes me state these things---just stats, facts, feats and logic. Whether I "like" a character or not has no bearing on who I say wins a battle or how formidable I state they are (as examples, I LOVE Lady Shiva, but I think she would lose to Black Panther due to his nearly as good combat skills and superior physicals, and though Nightwing is one of my ALL TIME FAVES, I say he loses to Bronze Tiger in a STRICTLY Hand To Hand fight). Get it now? "Fondness"-or lack thereof-has NOTHING to do with my decisions (I don't/can't enjoy any "victories" I feel are unwarranted by facts).

Finally, claiming Donna isn't in Canary or Elektra's league is laughable. Saying Starfire isn't is laugh out loud, guffaw worthy. I am tempted to list her feats, but seeing as how you appear to be prone to willfully ignoring feats to stick with a result you decide on, it's probably not worth it. Well, to test this out I'll mention a couple-she won a battle tournament on Paradise Island against their best warriors (sans Diana who was away) prompting a spectating Queen Hippolyta to speculate that she'd do well against Diana herself (I think if anyone is qualified to discuss such a thing with authoritative knowledge it would be Diana's Mom); and in a one on one battle with Slade, seeming to get the better of him and kill him (but his armor apparently saved him from a kill-blast). Cheshire, by contrast, avoided every Kory attempt at striking or blasting the assassin, her speed and triple jointed maneuvers completely confounding Kory. As stated before, it is undeniably impressive what Dinah did to Cheshire-but things might change in subsequent bouts (just as they changed in subsequent Superman/Doomsday bouts, or, going back to Nightwing, even though Slade batted Grayson around rather easily during his teen Robin years, the more experienced, mid twenties Grayson now gives the mercenary all he can handle in their subsequent battles).

I am glad you stated that you "don't think Elektra's stomps her really"---that's some progress. But the whole "Donna and Kory are sub par, and Cheshire is SOOOOOOO far beneath Elektra" thing has got to go.