Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doubleaa54

Team: MK Universe

• Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung
  • Killing is prohibited, but manipulation of power is allowed for strategic use only.(Distractions, etc.)
  • They have 1-day of prep-time.

Team: DC Universe

• Batman, Deathstroke, Bane, Nightwing, Ra's AlGhul
  • Killing is prohibited, but manipulation of weapons is allowed for strategic use only.(Distractions)
  • They have 1-hour prep-time.

Liu Kang
Liu Kang
Kung Lao
Kung Lao
Johnny Cage
Johnny Cage
Sub-Zero
Sub-Zero
Shang Tsung
Shang Tsung

Batman
Batman
Deathstroke
Deathstroke
Bane
Bane
Nightwing
Nightwing
Ra's al Ghul
Ra's al Ghul

doubleaa54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero vs. Batman, Bane, Deathstroke

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sub-Zero solos

doubleaa54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By doubleaa54

What about powers are prohibited and this comes down to skill and ability. Also, I thought it would be pretty obvious that's what I was going for considering Sub-Zero is the only powered one here. Obviously I wouldn't make a fight where it is a bunch of un-powered beings facing a group with a powered being. I mean, hell, I even included Liu Kang, who can transform into a dragon. This is mostly about skill and technique.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

movie bane is a weak link by the way but anyways...

MK pros: overall physical superiority, ranged and somewhat versatile superpowers, willing to kill, and better fighters

DC pros: better equipment, intelligence

verdict : need more info but assuming they are in a roomy but closed space with no features and morals on. DC might win this for them because he has guns

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

movie bane is a weak link by the way but anyways...

MK pros: overall physical superiority, ranged and somewhat versatile superpowers, willing to kill, and better fighters

DC pros: better equipment, intelligence

verdict : need more info but assuming they are in a roomy but closed space with no features and morals on. DC might win this for them because he has guns

Most this is wrong! What feats does anyone on Team 1 have that establishing them as better fighters or physically superior? In my honest opinion Deathstroke needs to be taken out of this fight, he could most likely solo Team 1 himself; but I do see Liu Kang giving Batman a decent fight since he is the only one on Team 1 with any note-worthy feats. Johnny Cage on the other hand goes down pretty quickly to Bane who is not only a better fighter, but significant much more stronger and durable. Sub-Zero might occupy Batman's time for a brief second and he might be able to distract Bane for a hot second with his ice manipulation, but he would lose pretty cleanly to either of them.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The OP needs to take out Deathstroke (don't replace him) and replace Johnny Cage with Kung Lao and then we would have a fight worth debating.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Off-Topic - I just orgasmed lookin at Deathstroke (no homo) :}

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know he looks sexy!!!!!!!!!

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batman242 said:

I know he looks sexy!!!!!!!!!

Yay, I'm not alone! :D

Carter_esque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about powers are prohibited and this comes down to skill and ability. Also, I thought it would be pretty obvious that's what I was going for considering Sub-Zero is the only powered one here. Obviously I wouldn't make a fight where it is a bunch of un-powered beings facing a group with a powered being. I mean, hell, I even included Liu Kang, who can transform into a dragon. This is mostly about skill and technique.

You gotta state all of that in the OP to avoid confusion. Well if it's just H2H then I give this to Team DC. Either Slade or Bats could solo this.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: i see what you are saying... DS does have guns and he is the strongest guy here but without venom ive never seen bane punch someones head off of make them explode with a kick like johnny did. but out discussion doesnt matter much as i have seen the OP has changed haha. but you made some good points.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nick_hero22

@hyperlight said:

@nick_hero22: i see what you are saying... DS does have guns and he is the strongest guy here but without venom ive never seen bane punch someones head off of make them explode with a kick like johnny did. but out discussion doesnt matter much as i have seen the OP has changed haha. but you made some good points.

1) In Secret Six where Bane was deprived of Venom he was shown capable of ripping the head off of a robber, and even if he couldn't it's not like anyone on Team 1 has the strength to do that either.

2) I would wager that Deathstroke could solo this without any firearms. The guy was slapping around the Teen Titans with nothing but a katana, and do you seriously believe that anyone on Team 1 would be a threat to the Titans?

3) The OP and made it even more one-sided! Both Johnny Cage and Shang Tsung are horrendous fighters by Mortal Kombat standards; and Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao are the only ones with any note worthy on-panels feats.

The OP needs to make it Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Sub-Zero vs Batman and Nightwing for a more fair fight.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MK stomps, Liu Kang could probably solo.

MethoKi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke can solo.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

Nope

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ssjlozza said:

Nope

Yes. Liu beat Shao Kahn, that's proof enough imo.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By nick_hero22

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@ssjlozza said:

Nope

Yes. Liu beat Shao Kahn, that's proof enough imo.

Shao Kahn is mediocre and he doesn't have any on-panel feats. No one on Team 2 would have no trouble beating Shao Kahn pretty easily.

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22:

Of course he doesn't have "on panel feats" because the primary source of MK related info is the games. as a fighting game character, not only is Shao Kahn not shown on a panel he's also not in as many cut-scenes as he'd be in any other genre of game. That said he has life wiped entire worlds/realms in the past which is testament to his power.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By nick_hero22

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

Of course he doesn't have "on panel feats" because the primary source of MK related info is the games. as a fighting game character, not only is Shao Kahn not shown on a panel he's also not in as many cut-scenes as he'd be in any other genre of game. That said he has life wiped entire worlds/realms in the past which is testament to his power.

On-panel = feats that we can observe

When has he ever wiped out an entire realm because the only thing he actually does it utilize his army and henchmen to initially conquer the realm and then use Portal Orbs to assimilate the realm into Outworld. I don't see how this is note-worthy?

SSJLozza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By nick_hero22

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

He absorbed the souls of most of Edenia

Not true, and you couldn't post anything that would remotely imply that; Edenia put up a fierce resistance against Shao Kahn's invasion.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By darklord_apoc

@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

Not true, and you couldn't post anything that would remotely imply that; Edenia put up a fierce resistance against Shao Kahn's invasion.

If you have played or watched MK3 you would see that he does have the power to steal souls from other worlds which is how he merges them, and the souls he does not get then he sends out his execution squad after them.... That's a joke saying anyone on the D.C team can beat him lol... 2011 MK shows what Shao Khan would have done if it was not for Raden going back in time to tell his past self what to do to beat Kahn. Kahn was able to take Shang's soul without effort and putting it into Sindale..

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:
@ssjlozza said:

@nick_hero22:

If you have played or watched MK3 you would see that he does have the power to steal souls from other worlds which is how he merges them, and the souls he does not get then he sends out his execution squad after them.... That's a joke saying anyone on the D.C team can beat him lol... 2011 MK shows what Shao Khan would have done if it was not for Raden going back in time to tell his past self what to do to beat Kahn. Kahn was able to take Shang's soul without effort and putting it into Sindale..

1) Mortal Kombat 3 was retcon'ed in the recent Mortal Kombat (2010), so those events that took place in Mortal Kombat 3 never happened. And, he doesn't merge realms under his own abilities; he uses magical objects called Portal Orbs to assimilate realms into Outworld.

2) Shao Kahn was amped by Blaze at the beginning of Mortal Kombat (2010), and as we saw when he was unamped Liu Kang thrashed him quite nicely.

3) Shang Tsung is bonded to Shao Kahn through magic and is dependent on him for his sorcery, so stealing his soul isn't outside the realm of possibility.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Its true MK characters are physically Superior, however, they have a few fighting styles while Batman, Ras and Deathstroke dominate multiple fighting style. Nobody solos' don't be ridiculous...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Its true MK characters are physically Superior, however, they have a few fighting styles while Batman, Ras and Deathstroke dominate multiple fighting style. Nobody solos' don't be ridiculous...

MK characters aren't physically superior outside of gameplay mechanics, and Deathstroke is quite capable of soloing Team 1 like he does to the JLA and Teen Titans.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Close match, but without the ability to use magic offensively I give it narrowly to team DC. Deathstroke and Bane physically outclass everyone on the MK team (New 52 DS has tanked Lobo and a nuclear submarine, plus he has his healing factor and armor...Bane ripped a Talon in half when he was OFF of Venom). Batman and Ra's have mastered vastly more forms of martial arts, and Batman is MUCH faster w/ reactions than any of the MK people (feat-wise; disappearing from plain sight, bullet-timing, etc.). I'd say Nightwing would likely be in some trouble here, but the other 4 DC people would likely be able to take any of the MK people.

With magic, MK MURDERSTOMPS.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

Close match, but without the ability to use magic offensively I give it narrowly to team DC. Deathstroke and Bane physically outclass everyone on the MK team (New 52 DS has tanked Lobo and a nuclear submarine, plus he has his healing factor and armor...Bane ripped a Talon in half when he was OFF of Venom). Batman and Ra's have mastered vastly more forms of martial arts, and Batman is MUCH faster w/ reactions than any of the MK people (feat-wise; disappearing from plain sight, bullet-timing, etc.). I'd say Nightwing would likely be in some trouble here, but the other 4 DC people would likely be able to take any of the MK people.

The only magic user on Team 1 is Shang Tsung and he has been wrecked by many sub-par fighters such Kitana and Smoke who don't have a great affinity for magic.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

MK characters aren't physically superior outside of gameplay mechanics, and Deathstroke is quite capable of soloing Team 1 like he does to the JLA and Teen Titans.

Ehem... We're dealing with guys that fight big beasts like Goro and Oni, which can be considered on Bane with Venom tier. They are physically stronger.

juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 juiceboks  Moderator

@nick_hero22 said:

@ghostravage said:

Ehem... We're dealing with guys that fight big beasts like Goro and Oni, which can be considered on Bane with Venom tier. They are physically stronger.

What about Goro and Oni makes them as strong as current Bane on Venom? And just because Liu Kang beat a stronger opponent doesn't make him any more physically capable than the DC team.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@equonox said:

The only magic user on Team 1 is Shang Tsung and he has been wrecked by many sub-par fighters such Kitana and Smoke who don't have a great affinity for magic.

Sub Zero could freeze them all, and Johnny Cage's magic is more powerful than anyone else in the MK mythos (not kidding - watch his ending in MK 2011). With magic, any of those 3 could crush as they have a huge range/versatility advantage

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@ghostravage said:

What about Goro and Oni makes them as strong as current Bane on Venom? And just because Liu Kang beat a stronger opponent doesn't make him any more physically capable than the DC team.

A 11 feet tall four armed beast that splat humans heads like gummy bears and a demon. "Oni" means demon in Japanese btw. Which tear walls down almost effortlessly. Bane with venom, if im not mistaken is around 5 toner. True, ABC logic doesn't work like that, but the fact all of this people take significant damage from them and keep fighting makes me think they are superior. Nonetheless, even if Batman has taken hits from Bane with venom, he has an armor... while half MK characters have their bodies uncovered...

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22 said:

@ghostravage said:

Shokan and Oni have no on-panel strength feats to make that claim though. Liu Kang was tanking hits from Shiva like a boss despite her being a shokan.

@equonox said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@equonox said:

Sub Zero could freeze them all, and Johnny Cage's magic is more powerful than anyone else in the MK mythos (not kidding - watch his ending in MK 2011). With magic, any of those 3 could crush as they have a huge range/versatility advantage

1) Sub-Zero ice manipulation is made null by Nightwing's and Batman's explosives gadgets and characters with Bane's level of strength would have no trouble breaking free of Sub-Zero's ice just like Kano, Kintaro, and Goro.

2) Johnny Cage's ending is non-canon, and the only character who is an active user of magic is Shang Tsung and he is pretty mediocre based off his showings.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juiceboks said:

@ghostravage said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@ghostravage said:

A 11 feet tall four armed beast that splat humans heads like gummy bears and a demon. "Oni" means demon in Japanese btw. Which tear walls down almost effortlessly. Bane with venom, if im not mistaken is around 5 toner. True, ABC logic doesn't work like that, but the fact all of this people take significant damage from them and keep fighting makes me think they are superior. Nonetheless, even if Batman has taken hits from Bane with venom, he has an armor... while half MK characters have their bodies uncovered...

1) Just because Goro is big by normal humans standards doesn't give you the right to claim that he is on par with Bane in terms of strength, especially when he has no comparable strength feats.

2) You can't attribute traditional properties from the Oni in the Japanese mythos to the Oni in the Mortal Kombat Universe, since the Mortal Kombat Universe isn't apart of the traditional lore.

3) MK characters have the same damage threshold as a normal human being. Jax got knockout for an extended period of time by a couple of hits from a random fodder Tarkatan during the Outworld siege of the Wu Shi Academy.

Equonox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ghostravage said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@ghostravage said:

Shokan and Oni have no on-panel strength feats to make that claim though. Liu Kang was tanking hits from Shiva like a boss despite her being a shokan.

@equonox said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@equonox said:

1) Sub-Zero ice manipulation is made null by Nightwing's and Batman's explosives gadgets and characters with Bane's level of strength would have no trouble breaking free of Sub-Zero's ice just like Kano, Kintaro, and Goro.

2) Johnny Cage's ending is non-canon, and the only character who is an active user of magic is Shang Tsung and he is pretty mediocre based off his showings.

That's fair - I wasn't assuming DC characters get weapons/gadgets tho.

GhostRavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: That's not true, they get stabbed multiple in lethal points. They get burned, freezed, hit with chain balls and sort of... They have by far better showings of damage threshold.

I wasn't attributing anything to the Oni, it was just mentioning what it means, what i did say was the tearing walls down.

nick_hero22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nick_hero22: That's not true, they get stabbed multiple in lethal points. They get burned, freezed, hit with chain balls and sort of... They have by far better showings of damage threshold.

I wasn't attributing anything to the Oni, it was just mentioning what it means, what i did say was the tearing walls down.

1) Stop trying to appeal to gameplay mechanics because if you wan to go that route I have no problem posting videos from games like Injustice and DCUO.

2) The Oni from the Japanese lore isn't the same Oni from the Mortal Kombat lore, so I don't see why you keep mentioning walls being tore down.

Hyperlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hyperlight said:

1) In Secret Six where Bane was deprived of Venom he was shown capable of ripping the head off of a robber, and even if he couldn't it's not like anyone on Team 1 has the strength to do that either.

2) I would wager that Deathstroke could solo this without any firearms. The guy was slapping around the Teen Titans with nothing but a katana, and do you seriously believe that anyone on Team 1 would be a threat to the Titans?

3) The OP and made it even more one-sided! Both Johnny Cage and Shang Tsung are horrendous fighters by Mortal Kombat standards; and Liu Kang, Sub-Zero, and Kung Lao are the only ones with any note worthy on-panels feats.

The OP needs to make it Kung Lao, Liu Kang, and Sub-Zero vs Batman and Nightwing for a more fair fight.

1. MK characters punch through people and stuff all the time

2. i believe that is abc logic and deathstroke would beat the titans due to different circumstances. its not because of his power but his calculations. MK characters dont have the resources to fight a team like the titans... DS does. i do believe that they would lose to the titans though.

3.I was under the impression that johnny was pretty good... officially one of the greatest fighters from earthrealm. i agree that shang tsung is kind of garbage cause liu kang whoops his butt on the regular. but he might be able to make up for it with his other abilities.... thats a big might lol.

yeah i think i could get what you were saying