Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By FukYouRenchamp

I just noticed the pictures color schemes match =D

Rules:

• Win by any win condition
  • Perfect teamwork
  • Wesker is armed with his Samurai Edge, Chris has an assault rifle, M92F & his knife while Leon has a shotgun & his handgun & his knife.
  • Jack, Librarian and Luther are armed with various knives.
  • Unlimited Ammo for both sides, but have to reload

Setting:

• Blue = RE, Red = LS
  • Apartment is vacant, dimly lit and rundown.
  • Night time, with heavy rain (if it matters)
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strode. Wesker is the biggest problem, but I see Strode beating them.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Tagged.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure every member on team 1 can solo, or at least Wesker is the only threat and they can arguably take him (Jack and Librarian I know less about but I'd put Luther over Wesker). Chris and Leon get massacred.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure every member of team 1 can solo, or at least Wesker is the only threat and they can arguably beat him (Jack and Librarian I know less about but I'd put Luther over Wesker). Chris and Leon get massacred.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Jack and strode can solo. Librarian can possibly solo.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By renamed040924

Strode had better pull off something big in the last three issues of the series, because as of right now I do not see what the big deal is. I mean he's definitely superhuman with a lot of unique abilities and I'm really enjoying the series, but c'mon people are putting him against friggin Deathstroke and saying he can solo Resident Evil. I really don't see it.

Like I said, still three issues left to go, but I feel like I have a good cap on his abilities. Can dodge bullets pretty well and move like Wesker. He's not untouchable though, he's been shot and he's been in danger of getting shot before being rescued by Petra, and more importantly he's never faced a legitimate marksman. This is not lowballing, this is the truth and establishing the extents and limits of Luther's abilities. He is not untouchable, either to bullets or fists.

So he's got low-level superhuman strength and speed, no training, and other characters have made it a point that he lacks experience and skill and only makes up for it by having extreme natural talent... what's the big deal here? I mean that's just being honest, Luther Strode is cool, and the artwork is cool, but come on guys if we're going by feats this character isn't anything worth mentioning next to Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deathstroke, and yet people still pit him against them?

So far I see nothing which separates Luther from the canon fodder B.O.W.s that Chris and Leon face, things like Lickers and Hunters, let alone Tyrants, LET ALONE Wesker!!! I mean seriously, Luther is no faster than any of those creatures. He might be strong, but they have claws and such that make them just as dangerous, and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Tyrants or Wesker anyway.

Somebody please tell me what separates Luther Strode from Jack Krauser? Both enhanced humans, regularly leave after-images if not outright disappear from sheer speed, can crush metal with sheer strength, powerful healing factors... as far as I can see, the only real difference between them is that Krauser was a highly skilled spec ops agent and mercenary who could take on creatures of similar power before even being enhanced, through sheer skill. And Leon beat his ass to the floor.

So anyone saying that Jack or Strode or Librarian can solo is just uninformed or biased. The RE team takes a clean majority due to actually having skill, either that or Wesker solos.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

@beaconofstrength said:

Strode. Wesker is the biggest problem, but I see Strode beating them.

Chris is the biggest threat here. Hercules Method users can still be killed by bullets. Luther suffers extreme pain every time he's shot and it takes several seconds of focus to eject the bullets and heal, during which time he'll be open for Chris to continue pumping him. Luther is no faster than a generic Licker, after all.

Loading Video...

This is Leon Kennedy. Unlike Luther Strode, Lickers have actually been tested against a skilled marksman, and they dodged the bullets anyway. Yet in RE5 Chris took Lickers down like canon fodder. He was able to survive against entire hordes of Lickers, with Sheva's backup, on multiple occasions in the game.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

With his high levels of tactical and situational awareness, and expert use of his whole arsenal of weapons, I don't see why Chris wouldn't be able to eventually shoot Strode or anybody else here down. The only two character who he has consistently had difficulty tagging were Jill, and Wesker, which is more of a testament to their dodging ability then a mark against Chris, and both of whom he eventually ended up tagging anyway after a more prolonged battle.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Even though he had a lot of trouble tagging Wesker, Chris was always fast enough with his gun to keep up with Wesker's movements and trace him everywhere he went, making sure that there was a bullet waiting wherever Wesker would stop, which is impressive in its own right. If anything, Chris's struggles to tag Wesker just indicates that Wesker was actually faster than the bullets themselves.

No Caption Provided

Since nobody in the Luther Strode series has ever been shown to move as fast as Wesker does (as in, seemingly teleporting right before somebody's eyes, literally moving too fast for the brain to process and becoming invisible, whereas in Luther Strode the characters are more like blurs to the human eye) nor does anybody in the series have the high level training and tactical knowledge of Wesker, I don't see why any of them should be able to replicate Wesker's feats. Luther Strode characters have never faced a skilled marksman, ergo there's no proof that Chris can't tag them, it's that simple.

These scans prove that Luther Strode is not untouchable. In the first set he was caught off guard after becoming too focused on one enemy, indicating his lack of tactical and situational awareness that is later put on full display against Binder, the canon fodder soldiers have him pegged and he is only rescued by Petra. The third scan, taking place in the same scene, has Luther failing to bullet time when he is shot by surprise, by a half dead soldier who could barely aim anymore.

And yet people think he can fight Wesker? Even if they were physically equal, it would then just be a master martial artist and tactical genius vs a regular person. Sounds like a slaughter. Wesker can solo. RE is underrated and Luther Strode is overrated.

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, no one is soloing

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aatroxx said:

Wesker is. It's the equivalent of a master martial artist and tactical genius battling three regular people. I don't see how the Luther Strode team even stands a chance, unless someone is prepared to make the argument that they're actually much more powerful than Wesker, to the extent that fighting skills don't change anything.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@nickzambuto:

Like I said, still three issues left to go, but I feel like I have a good cap on his abilities. Can dodge bullets pretty well and move like Wesker. He's not untouchable though, he's been shot and he's been in danger of getting shot before being rescued by Petra, and more importantly he's never faced a legitimate marksman. This is not lowballing, this is the truth and establishing the extents and limits of Luther's abilities. He is not untouchable, either to bullets or fists.

He was shot once, and that was when he first started using his powers. The second time he was shot was on purpose to feign death. The Third time he was shot twice in the arm that he purposfully blocked with when the Merc leader was already dying, and not a threat. He was never shot since then among the masses of bullets he weaves threw. Also you dont consider Binder a expert marksmen when he uses guns to hunt down people like Luther and the one who caught Jack? You think dodging 10 automatic rifles in a small room is less than one bullet from say Chris? I dont.

So he's got low-level superhuman strength and speed, no training, and other characters have made it a point that he lacks experience and skill and only makes up for it by having extreme natural talent... what's the big deal here? I mean that's just being honest, Luther Strode is cool, and the artwork is cool, but come on guys if we're going by feats this character isn't anything worth mentioning next to Spider-Man, Wolverine, Deathstroke, and yet people still pit him against them?

I like how you state "no training" when the book does train you in the art of murder. That is the whole point of the book. I luagh at the no training part. Lets test this theory.

No Caption Provided

Here he pins a guy to the wall with his foot, and catches the super speed freak by the throat with a hand in a martial like pose. Hmmmm.....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here he is in mid air, grapples, and flips away the attack of the other Cain Student. Could Luke Cage do that? Thing? Maybe Punisher? Nope.

No Caption Provided

Here Luther catches the blade attacks in his hands yet again, to disarm Jack of his weapons. Then knees Jack before being flipped over. Still disarm Jack though in one fell move. Pretty Jet Li worthy moves if you ask me.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Luther catches Jack, uses his momentum to spin kick Binder, and then throws jack into the falling back Binder. Nothing martial artsy about that at all?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Here he shows martial art moves with a knee to the face, flips up, elbow to the face, then gets hit. He flies up, catches the rope, and with insane accuracy bullets down to kick the face of the foe!

Then take account the skill of the foes he face.

No Caption Provided

Here Binder shows us three things.

1) he knows how to throw blades into nerve clusters.

2) he knows everything about Luthers kind, and how to counter them, and he is a super being of the same himself.

3) he stop jack the Ripper by himself.

Jack here shows us a few things of skill.

1-2) he can take down 100s of peiople at super speeds, and disect them where they do not die at all with surgeon skill.

3) breaks Luthers arm precisely place chops, and shows pressure point attacks to keep him down.

Librarian may been the most skilled by feats.

1) kills a kid by busting up his bones precisely, and causing enough damage for him to die only after giving Luther a message.

2-3) Counters everything Luther throws at him, and leads Luther to accidentally kill his own mom with his skill.

4-6) Shows few times great knowledge in Pressure Points attacks.

Really... no skill? Again I find that bias. Add to all this his better speed and 1000 move precog.

No Caption Provided

Heck here there is clear martial art poses and amazing agility unlike skill less thugs.

So far I see nothing which separates Luther from the canon fodder B.O.W.s that Chris and Leon face, things like Lickers and Hunters, let alone Tyrants, LET ALONE Wesker!!! I mean seriously, Luther is no faster than any of those creatures. He might be strong, but they have claws and such that make them just as dangerous, and he isn't anywhere near as strong as Tyrants or Wesker anyway.

Im glad your enjoying the comic, but you clearly are reading with blinders on. Also why mention slow a$$, unskilled Tyrants in this? Most of them are jokes in the games, taking time to slowly walk up to you. none of them possess Luther skill, speed, agility, nor his move reading precog like ability. Other than healing factor, and strength, Luther and Tyrants have nothing in common. Also comparing Lickers, and Hunters is laughable as they have none of the feats Luther does.

Somebody please tell me what separates Luther Strode from Jack Krauser? Both enhanced humans, regularly leave after-images if not outright disappear from sheer speed, can crush metal with sheer strength, powerful healing factors... as far as I can see, the only real difference between them is that Krauser was a highly skilled spec ops agent and mercenary who could take on creatures of similar power before even being enhanced, through sheer skill. And Leon beat his ass to the floor.

Luther

• Superior Super Strength by Alot
  • Superior Super Durability by Hardening his Flesh
  • Superior Speed Hitting Mach Speeds
  • Skill
  • Superior Healing Factor
  • Super Hearing and Smell
  • Meat Vision/Seeing the Flesh
  • 1000 moves Ahead Move Reading Precog
  • Catch Weapons In Muscles
  • Superior Accuracy with Range Weapons

Krauser

• Super Strength
  • Super Durability
  • Super Speed
  • Skill
  • Minor Healing factor
  • Accuracy with a Weapon

Luther is again, superior.

So anyone saying that Jack or Strode or Librarian can solo is just uninformed or biased. The RE team takes a clean majority due to actually having skill, either that or Wesker solos.

I think regardless of readingt he good series, your underestimating the abilities of team Strode. Jack is even faster than Strode if by a bit.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aatroxx said:

Wesker is. It's the equivalent of a master martial artist and tactical genius battling three regular people. I don't see how the Luther Strode team even stands a chance, unless someone is prepared to make the argument that they're actually much more powerful than Wesker, to the extent that fighting skills don't change anything.

Quite the silliness :) as my feats above, severely disprove that notion.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: I think your underestamating Luther and putting a bit to much enthuses on feats. Its true Luther hasn't faced a skilled marksmen (well @sirfizzwhizz says binder is a skilled marksmen, I don't know his feats so I will just leave that to cadence) but he can dodge bullets after they are fired and his move reading is very advanced to the point he can see many moves ahead. There is no reaosn he shouldn't have very impressive anticipation skills which is what one needs to avoid a good marksmen due to his move reading. And at the very least since luther can dodge bullets after they are fired we know he is dodging at least some of there bullets, unless they find a way to trick Luther. In addition his healing factor is still pretty impressive even if bullets can put Luther down. I mean him and librarian were ripping out each others guts and still fighting. Jack blitzed the shit out of him and Luther tanked his knife slashes. Just because Luther was surprised once due to lack of multi-tasking doesn't mean his awareness is bad either. IIRC he also caught some sticks that were thrown at him without looking. Plus with Jack and the libaraian giving luther some support Luther doesn't need to fight the whole team at once.

Really I think what makes Luther so dangerous is his balance of stats. Not only does he have high damage soak, but he is also really fast, and with his move reading he can anticipate moves pretty easily. He's also really strong and has high damage soak. And due to his ability to grab things with his muscles this makes him dangerous in a melee fight. And because of his speed, move reading, and healing factor, he will close the gap more often than not with a few exceptions among street levellers. Even if he doesn't close the gap I remember him showing some impressive accuracy by tossing sticks down the barrel of guns. So depending on what is inside the apartment luther could very well have range options making him even deadlier. And he may not even be the MVP here with Jack around.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: @nickzambuto I just assume Binder is good with guns. Giving he uses them to capture people with Luther's powers.

However on those accuracy feats.

1) Punches woods into shrapnel.

2) Uses busted up wood like many spears.

3) Uses a grown mans body as a missile.

4) Uses a Soda Machine of all things.

5) Cuts guy head in half with a sewer lid.

No Caption Provided

Without even looking nails the eyes of Binder with Knives, one after the other casually.

No Caption Provided

Uses Slim Jims to jam two guns firing at him at the same time.

Honestly I am not seeing Chris or Leon winning a raw range fight with Luther.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MonsterStomp

Team Hercules in a stomp. Jack can solo. He'd blitz the shit out of Leon and Chris and easily narrow the fight to a one on one with Wesker. Luther and Librarian are just spectators.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By renamed040924
@sirfizzwhizz said:
@nickzambuto said:
@aatroxx said:

Quite the silliness :) as my feats above, severely disprove that notion.

I can't look at those scans because it seems that they all come from the final three issues I have yet to read. I'll reply to your arguments once I read those issues, but for now, all I'm saying is that after reading about 80% of all Luther Strode material, I am less than impressed with his abilities.

@jashro44 said:

@nickzambuto: I think your underestamating Luther and putting a bit to much enthuses on feats. Its true Luther hasn't faced a skilled marksmen (well @sirfizzwhizz says binder is a skilled marksmen, I don't know his feats so I will just leave that to cadence) but he can dodge bullets after they are fired and his move reading is very advanced to the point he can see many moves ahead. There is no reaosn he shouldn't have very impressive anticipation skills which is what one needs to avoid a good marksmen due to his move reading. And at the very least since luther can dodge bullets after they are fired we know he is dodging at least some of there bullets, unless they find a way to trick Luther. In addition his healing factor is still pretty impressive even if bullets can put Luther down. I mean him and librarian were ripping out each others guts and still fighting. Jack blitzed the shit out of him and Luther tanked his knife slashes. Just because Luther was surprised once due to lack of multi-tasking doesn't mean his awareness is bad either. IIRC he also caught some sticks that were thrown at him without looking. Plus with Jack and the libaraian giving luther some support Luther doesn't need to fight the whole team at once.

Really I think what makes Luther so dangerous is his balance of stats. Not only does he have high damage soak, but he is also really fast, and with his move reading he can anticipate moves pretty easily. He's also really strong and has high damage soak. And due to his ability to grab things with his muscles this makes him dangerous in a melee fight. And because of his speed, move reading, and healing factor, he will close the gap more often than not with a few exceptions among street levellers. Even if he doesn't close the gap I remember him showing some impressive accuracy by tossing sticks down the barrel of guns. So depending on what is inside the apartment luther could very well have range options making him even deadlier. And he may not even be the MVP here with Jack around.

Let me rephrase: Luther HAS faced a skilled marksman. He faced Binder, and what makes Binder such a skilled marksman is that he was able to tag Luther. So what I SHOULD have said was that "Luther has never been able to dodge bullets from a skilled marksman." Because Binder was able to tag Luther pretty easily with simple kunai, not very flattering for Luther.

This might very well change within the next three issues, which again I have not read yet, I'm just saying up till this point in the series, Luther hasn't proven his dodging abilities to be superior to several of Resident Evil's BOWs.

I mean just off the top of my head, the character gets shot almost as often as he doesn't. Let's take a look at every instance where Luther was shot at and examine how her performed in order to decide what the character is actually capable of, because I feel like he gets wayy too much hype on here.

The Strange Talents of Luther Strode #2: Dodges pistol fire from two thugs. Okay, I mean that's barely peak human, but at least he didn't get tagged. Although it isn't anything to brag about.

The Strange Talents of Luther Strode #5: Fails to dodge gunfire from one thug, the bullets were automatic this time so it's consistent, perhaps Luther isn't able to keep up with automatic gunfire, the dialogue seems to imply as much. Luther was then dead to rights for like, 10 straight seconds and needed the thugs to brag and stall and Petra to distract them long enough to heal, if it was Chris in this situation Luther wouldn't have survived. Although Luther was still learning at this point, so whatever, we can let it slide.

The Strange Talents of Luther Strode #6: Luther allows himself to be 'killed' by a squad of policeman. He states himself that he could dance between their shots if he wanted, but his previous showings in the book don't support that, and considering he didn't dance between their bullets, this scene doesn't say much either way.

So that's the end of the first miniseries. So far, we have equal evidence for and against Luther being a bullet timer. Personally I would call him a very low-level superhuman at this point, since he has a few showings of moving at blur speeds and normal men being unable to react to him, but he's also been tagged in h2h by fodder.

So at this point, Luther is probably comparable to a Cerberus dog. They too have been portrayed as moving at close to imperceptible speeds, and can even speedblitz trained special forces agents like Joseph Frost from a distance away. They can also dodge bullets from special forces members; in the opening of RE1 the entire Alpha team was shooting at a pack, including Jill and Barry, but between the fog, dark, and Cerberus' speed, the only people who actually managed to make their marks were Chris and Wesker. Basically, to surmise, Luther Strode was not a solid bullet timer in his first miniseries.

Moving onto Legend;

The Legend of Luther Strode #1: Luther blitzes through pistol fire from a bunch of scared hookers and only one guy who knew what he was doing. This is pretty impressive since there was basically a wall of bullets, but I don't see why it should make Luther any faster than a single Licker.

No Caption Provided

The Legend of Luther Strode #2: Luther avoids a bullet at point blank from Petra, but it seems like easy aim dodging. Still impressive but not really mind blowing like some users make him out to be.

The Legend of Luther Strode #2: Alright now THIS is a fantastic feat now that I take another look at it, and it's almost making me reconsider my position. But I'm not sure if this is really Luther's average capabilities, given the copious amount of low showings he has. Not only when it comes to bullets, but also being tagged by fodder in H2H.

No Caption Provided

The Legend of Luther Strode #2: For example, only a couple pages later, for some reason Luther is now dead to rights when the same guys ambush him. Talk about a huge inconsistency.

No Caption Provided

The Legend of Luther Strode #2: Then Luther immediately fails to bullet time on the next page when shot at by surprise. This indicates to me that his super speed makes it difficult for shooters to keep up with his movements, but his reflexes aren't actually advanced enough to dodge a bullet after it is fired. This would make him an easy target for Chris, given the aforementioned fact that Chris was always able to keep up with Wesker's movements and had another shot ready for him by the time Wesker reached his next position.

No Caption Provided

The Legend of Luther Strode #3: Binder tags Luther with mere kunai. Not very flattering for Luther. Afterwards Binder gets his hands on an assault rifle but we don't see what happens, the scene cuts to Petra's perspective for a little while and Luther and Binder battle off screen, until eventually Binder gets thrown out a window.

So what exactly does all this tell us? Luther is very inconsistent, and I can't figure out what Justin Jordan was actually intending for the extents of his abilities to be. It's clear that Luther isn't an invincible, effortless, untouchable bullet timer like other users make him out to be, but he's also above peak human. Whizz said that Luther was only ever shot three times, but what he neglected to mention was that Luther was only ever shot at a total of eight times, not to mention there was another time where he would have been shot had Petra not interfered, meaning half the time Luther can't dodge bullets. Luther has other low showings in terms of speed like failing to outrun a van, so I really can't put him on par with such characters as Wesker or Deathstroke like other users try to. Luther is a low-level superhuman with some versatility, but not enough versatility to put him out of Leon or Chris's league.

Luther's move reading will aid him? What, the move reading that barely worked in the first miniseries and appears to have been completely voided out in the second? Luther's move reading was a very minor ability that users on Comic Vine overrate with their only evidence being extremely vague statements. Believe me, it isn't a factor. You say that Luther can dodge bullets after they are fired, but this simply isn't true, as I illustrated above Luther has only ever dodged bullets with the help of aim dodging. When put in situations where he doesn't see the shooter and can't anticipate him, he isn't able to react. This is a simple fact in the story, users on Comic Vine really overrate Luther's dodging ability.

Really I don't see what makes Luther any faster than the numerous superhuman BOWs Leon and Chris face regularly. Lickers are just as good at dodging bullets as Luther and they rely entirely on their sense of smell and sound, they lack eyes. Hunters are known to be just as fast as Lickers and can leave after-images in their wake, and Cerberus dogs too can blitz a spec ops soldier from a distance before he can react, and are all around portrayed as far faster than normal dogs. Even the lumbering Uroboros monster was actually fast enough to kill off a whole 12-man BSAA squad in under 20 seconds, and the BSAA are far more elite and highly trained than any real world special forces unit. The canon fodder members can make impossible shots and are peak human enough to kick down a steel door, even dodge bullets to an extent. Yet Chris Redfield is a legend among the BSAA. You know who can slaughter all these monsters and more by the truck load? Chris Redfield.

So in Resident Evil, Luther Strode really isn't anything more than a mid-game boss. His healing factor isn't anything special, his speed isn't special, his strength isn't special. Luther Strode literally has nothing on a Tyrant, nothing at all. At best I can picture him stealing Leon's knife by grabbing it with his muscles, but it's not like Leon doesn't have a billion other weapons to compensate.

Chris and Leon are more versatile, more intelligent, and more skilled. Luther Strode is a low-level superhuman, his combat abilities are overrated.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team Hercules in a stomp. Jack can solo. He'd blitz the shit out of Leon and Chris and easily narrow the fight to a one on one with Wesker. Luther and Librarian are just spectators.

Oh hell no man. Luther is nothing more than a mid-game boss fight in Resident Evil. The canon fodder BOWs in Resident Evil are literally just as fast as Luther, nobody is getting blitzed.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Who put luther against deathstroke. I'll fock them up.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I mean come on Deathstroke would sh*t on luthor

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@nickzambuto: In one scan Luther states he can dance between the cops bullets, but chooses to get shot becuase he needs to fake his death, and you bring it up as being tag by bullets?'

In another you state Luther is dead to rights, your words, to some gunmen, but then is shown next panel to dance between the three shooting at him while Ptra fires behind. How is he "dead to right" when neither side was at that moment attacking.

Then the Binder hitting him with Kunai is a bad feat why? It's no different than Wolverine tag by the throwing weapon attacks, Luther charge in not caring about little blades. Add to this Binder is as fast as Luther with the same Precog.

Your just trying to hard to find "inconsistency" and the one time Luther was shot in Strange Talent was when he was still learning to use his powers. So he only inconsistently been shot once in Legend ,and that's all.

FukYouRenchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: Jordan has stated that Luther isn't as powerful as people make him out to be, he has stated Luther isn't fast enough to dodge a bullet, however some feats seem to disprove this, and has stated that people like Luther is only twice an olympic athlete, yet he requires anywhere from 3-10 ton strength to be capable of the feats hes done, so while you can use the tweets as a basis, its by no means law, considering no offence to Jordan, but he probably doesn't use math or logic while writing the character and doesn't really stick to a desired level.

http://www.comicvine.com/luther-strode/4005-80387/forums/luther-strode-has-been-depowered-1550815/

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Agreed.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I AGREE WITH NICK. That's probably a first, lol.

Avatar image for stardustcrusader
StardustCrusader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1, with causal sweep.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MonsterStomp
@nickzambuto said:
@monsterstomp said:

Oh hell no man. Luther is nothing more than a mid-game boss fight in Resident Evil. The canon fodder BOWs in Resident Evil are literally just as fast as Luther, nobody is getting blitzed.

Who's talking about Luther? I'm talking about the guy who blitzed Luther. Also, I highly doubt canon fodder in RE is anywhere near as good as Strode.

MUVDCU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Team 1 if anyone other than the librarian fights wesker he loses. Between librarian and wesker it would be a good fight.

Meanwhile Strode and Jack kill Leon and Chris before they can tag either even if they somehow did both could make the shots flesh wounds easy and tank them and counter by cutting either chris or Leon in half before they could react. Then it's a three on one and wesker gets owned possibly worse than a rocket to the face and hot lava could ever do.

Luther is pretty crazy now to the point where his punches move cars and break streets when they hit the ground. I think Jack was faster slightly before but current Luther is equal now IMO.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sirfizzwhizz:

In one scan Luther states he can dance between the cops bullets, but chooses to get shot becuase he needs to fake his death, and you bring it up as being tag by bullets?'

I didn't mean to imply that. I wasn't using that instance as a low showing, I brought up Luther's statement and even posted the scan of it so as not to leave out any context, but since he didn't dance between the bullets and instead allowed himself to get shot, that instance doesn't say anything one way or the other. It isn't a high showing, or a low showing. I posted it only because I was compiling every single instance of Luther being shot at, and that was one of them. Since you said that Luther was only ever shot three or four times, I wanted to bring up the fact that three or four times is the half of the total number of times he was ever shot at all.

In another you state Luther is dead to rights, your words, to some gunmen, but then is shown next panel to dance between the three shooting at him while Ptra fires behind. How is he "dead to right" when neither side was at that moment attacking.

You are referring to The Strange Talents of Luther Strode #5: correct? I don't see Luther dodging any bullets during that issue, he was shot in the chest repeatedly by one of the thugs, then recovered while Petra distracted them. Then he blitzed all the thugs while they were distracted.

Then the Binder hitting him with Kunai is a bad feat why? It's no different than Wolverine tag by the throwing weapon attacks, Luther charge in not caring about little blades. Add to this Binder is as fast as Luther with the same Precog.

Wolverine doesn't have anything to do with this though. I'm bringing up the fact that Luther is consistently portrayed as not being a bullet timer, his own creator even supported this, it's just the unique art style that gets people hyped up, and then they post out of context panels which spreads the rumors that Luther is faster than he actually is. I just got finished reading the series (I still have those last three issues to go), I'm coming at this from a fresh and unbiased perspective; I can say that those tweets that Jordan made are perfectly consistent with the abilities Luther displayed on-panel. I think you're just caught up in the hype, Whizz. I remember when Luther Strode first got popular on the vine and we saw all those popular panels of him dodging bullets; now that I've actually read the comic, I can see the full context behind the story and I'm telling you, Luther Strode is on the very low-end of superhuman.

@nickzambuto: Jordan has stated that Luther isn't as powerful as people make him out to be, he has stated Luther isn't fast enough to dodge a bullet, however some feats seem to disprove this, and has stated that people like Luther is only twice an olympic athlete, yet he requires anywhere from 3-10 ton strength to be capable of the feats hes done, so while you can use the tweets as a basis, its by no means law, considering no offence to Jordan, but he probably doesn't use math or logic while writing the character and doesn't really stick to a desired level.

http://www.comicvine.com/luther-strode/4005-80387/forums/luther-strode-has-been-depowered-1550815/

These tweets make perfect sense, I don't understand why people made such a big fuss over them unless they're coming from a biased perspective.

While reading Luther Strode, I never had the sense that he was as massively superhuman and amazing as people made him out to be. I'm finding context to all the popular scans and low showings to even everything out; going by these tweets, Jordan intended for the Hercules Method to simply bring the human body up to its absolute potential. Luther Strode is more like a super soldier than a superhuman, he's like Captain America and Black Panther, just without the refined martial arts skill.

Jordan confirmed that Luther can not dodge a bullet after it is fired, and if someone were to actually look at the full context of Luther's story, they'll find that he never actually did. Literally, Luther's true speed is blitzing humans and moving as a blur. He can avoid gunfire by outpacing the shooter, Jordan confirmed this and the actual comic doesn't give any inclination otherwise. So everything is completely consistent. Luther Strode is only believed to be so powerful because a few fans of the book came on Comic Vine one day and hyped up a very select set of panels. When you look at the full context of his story, character, and the writer's own intentions, he's really more of a super soldier level.

I AGREE WITH NICK. That's probably a first, lol.

Thank you. I'm just looking at these scans, and I don't understand why everyone thinks Luther is so powerful. He's never actually dodged a bullet after it was fired. That is a myth, one shot down by the very writer of the book himself.

@nickzambuto said:
@monsterstomp said:

Who's talking about Luther? I'm talking about the guy who blitzed Luther. Also, I highly doubt canon fodder in RE is anywhere near as good as Strode.

Like I said, I still need to finish those last three issues. However I have seen sections of Luther's fight with Jack in scans people have posted, and the speed difference didn't seem to be as wide as people make it out to be. It seems like when people are debating for Luther, they use "keeping up with Jack" as a feat, then when people are debating for Jack, they use that one panel to say he "speedblitzed Luther Strode." I mean c'mon people make up your mind.

From my perspective Jack definitely seems to have a speed advantage over Luther Strode, but that one panel of him "blitzing" also had a lot to do with agility. In pure speed Luther was able to keep up with Jack, at the least. And for experienced soldiers like Chris and Leon, they'd be able to counter superhuman agility a lot easier than superhuman speed. Especially when Luther and Jack's speed isn't anything special anyway. I already broke this down in the above posts, but I'll do it a second time, just for you.

Cerberus dogs: Portrayed as big black blurs barely recognizable as dogs, and can speedblitz average spec ops soldiers like Joseph Frost from a distance away. During the initial run to the mansion during RE1, the entire Alpha team was firing at the Cerberus pack, but all of their bullets missed because the dogs were running too fast, only Chris and Wesker were able to make their marks. AKA Cerberus literally have the exact same feats as Luther Strode does; blurring, blitzing soldiers, outrunning bullets.

Lickers: Can also speedblitz spec ops soldiers and all that junk; more importantly a single Licker can actually weave through individual bullets of a fully automatic assault rifle, while sprinting towards the shooter, using only their hearing and sense of smell to react. Luther Strode can not dodge bullets at that level, this is literally a fact. His creator confirmed it, the source material doesn't give any indication otherwise, in fact we are repeatedly reminded that Hercules Method users are neither untouchable to modern firearms, nor invincible to them.

Hunters: The rival to Lickers. They can travel long distances roughly as fast as a vehicle, whereas Luther Strode can not outrun vehicles. In bursts Hunters regularly leave after images.

These are all just canon fodder. I haven't gotten into the real threats, like Tyrants, Uroboros, etc. Luther Strode literally does not have sh!t on a Tyrant. Literally. A generic Tyrant possesses every single ability of Luther Strode, but cranked up x10. Leon and Chris kill Tyrants all the time. Wesker could kill Tyrants before even gaining his powers. Clearly, the level of skill and reaction time these characters are operating at, stomps the low-level superhuman stats of Luther Strode and Co. Leon can literally beat Luther Strode even if Luther Strode spent a couple decades training as a spec ops soldier and mastering weapons, tactics, and knife fighting. Leon already did actually, the character's name was Jack Krauser.

@muvdcu said:

Team 1 if anyone other than the librarian fights wesker he loses. Between librarian and wesker it would be a good fight.

Meanwhile Strode and Jack kill Leon and Chris before they can tag either even if they somehow did both could make the shots flesh wounds easy and tank them and counter by cutting either chris or Leon in half before they could react. Then it's a three on one and wesker gets owned possibly worse than a rocket to the face and hot lava could ever do.

Luther is pretty crazy now to the point where his punches move cars and break streets when they hit the ground. I think Jack was faster slightly before but current Luther is equal now IMO.

As if Luther Strode or Jack can move even close to faster than Chris and Leon can react when Chris and Leon have reacted to close range pistol fire, assault rifle fire, gatling gun rounds, cruise missiles, Alexia's blood, and the various BOWs like Lickers and Tyrants who actually make bullets look slow.

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Librarian dodge a bullet after it was fired?

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sirfizzwhizz

@nickzambuto: I was refering to Legend of Strode on the feat you said gunmen had him dead to rights.

Also the tweets are fused about becuase in another tweet Jordan stated Luther is Spider Man + Sabertooth + Karnak. This is refering to Luthers powers and stats.

So yes the tweets are bullshit .... Mate. Lol

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Librarian dodge a bullet after it was fired?

Yes he did.

No Caption Provided

Unfortunately this single page among the 200+ or so pages that make up the Luther Strode series completely contradicts everything else about the abilities of a Hercules Method user. This feat is the exception, not the rule. People always try to play off Luther Strode as an untouchable bullet timer, when in reality the only bullet timing feat in the entire series, was performed by a different character.

Now if you look at every other feat the characters have performed, every statement that was made about the Hercules Method, and the interpretation of the actual creator himself... this page is very much the exception and not the rule.

Not that this feat would even change anything anyway. I mean, okay, so Librarian is a bullet timer. So what? Why does that change anything when Chris and Leon can react to handgun bullets, or in Leon's case even outrace a bullet to the other side of a room to knock the target out of the way, assault rifle bullets, gatling gun rounds, cruise missiles, and Alexia's blood splatter which was much faster than any firearm and had even Wesker on the ropes, with some of these projectiles being fired by trained marksman and not Luther Strode's mom.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And much more importantly then that, they've both been able to tag, block, dodge, and keep up with super speedsters like Wesker, Krauser, and Tyrants.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Loading Video...

So okay, saying Luther is faster is one thing. But please somebody let me know how they expect Luther to magically move SOO fast that Chris and Leon won't even be able to REACT to him.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By renamed040924

Those gifs better work, it took me like 20 minutes to post all of them.

@sirfizzwhizz said:

@nickzambuto: I was refering to Legend of Strode on the feat you said gunmen had him dead to rights.

Also the tweets are fused about becuase in another tweet Jordan stated Luther is Spider Man + Sabertooth + Karnak. This is refering to Luthers powers and stats.

Ah, I see what you mean now. But the thing is... that's not dodging bullets. None of those rounds were aimed at Luther, Petra was firing at the mercs and the mercs were firing at Petra, giving Luther a perfect opening to just blitz them before they could react. Now blitzing the mercenaries is a feat in of itself, but it's misleading to say he was dodging bullets there. Luther was just doing his own thing while a bunch of bullets went off around him.

Can you show me the tweet where Jordan said that? Because depending on the context, it could make sense. Luther does display the abilities and even certain styles of those three characters, his abilities are simply to a lesser degree.

Did you read my full post? Since you didn't reply to the rest, I take it you kinda see what I'm saying now? That Luther really isn't as fast as the hype makes him out to be. I mean I'm fine with saying he's faster than Leon and Chris are, but the idea of him soloing them both through simple speed is just silly, let alone speedblitzing them both which is absurd. I'm fine with admitting that Luther is faster, but I still think he'd lose decisively to either Leon or Chris by virtue of versatility.

Chris OR Leon:

• Firearms
  • Explosives
  • Equipment
  • Training
  • Experience
  • Melee skill
  • Range
  • Situational awareness
  • Tactical awareness
  • Quick thinking

Luther Strode:

• Speed
  • Damage soak
  • Muscle reading that barely works

Neutral:

• Physical strength

I mean come on, acknowledge the fact that as of RE4/5/6, Chris and Leon are literal super soldiers who specialize in invading hostile nations with limited equipment or intel and singlehandedly wiping out the BOW threat, which is often a literal army of various superhumans, many of which are comparable physically to Strode in their own right.

Just allow me to read the final three issues and I'll reply to your original arguments at the top of the thread.

Oh now you're getting personal =P

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll go with Strode

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

but c'mon people are putting him against friggin Deathstroke

Well considering the Author of the book said his stats are equivalent to Deathstroke and he has a far superior healing factor why not?

Also, Luther would rock current Slade, since his enhancements have been on the fritz since he's become young again and regrown his missing eye.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By renamed040924

@laflux said:
@nickzambuto said:

but c'mon people are putting him against friggin Deathstroke

Well considering the Author of the book said his stats are equivalent to Deathstroke and he has a far superior healing factor why not?

Then it would be like a veteran spec ops soldier and master assassin vs a guy.

Also, Luther would rock current Slade, since his enhancements have been on the fritz since he's become young again and regrown his missing eye.

Then it would be like any of the other hundred thousand times Deathstroke beat up somebody way more powerful than him.

Skill is a factor.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By laflux

@nickzambuto:

Not really. Luther's superior healing factor is a great counter to Slade's skill edge. A random guy can't play jump rope with his entrails can he now? Cause I know Spec ops can't do that and I'm not a part of the military.

Then it would be like any of the other hundred thousand times Deathstroke beat up somebody way more powerful than him.

Skill is a factor.

That's funny, because alot of Slade's feats of beating people like Cassandra Cain, Batman, Nightwing etc are because of his enhancements, which Slade has even flat out stated. When Slade usually beats people who eclipses him in power by a great degree, its because of tactics, familiarity and prep time, which he doesn't have here.

And I pray, please tell, what has Deathstroke done in his latest series since being de-aged that puts him far above Luther's paygrade and who has he fought and beaten that's been more powerful?

I have no problem with people saying Deathstroke beats Luther Strode and I have argued it myself up until Legacy of Strode, where I felt that Strode's physicality edged him out. But your lowballing is interesting given some of the most knowledgeable Deathstroke experts on here have given the fight some time, at least more than you are giving it.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@nickzambuto:

Not really. Luther's superior healing factor is a great counter to Slade's skill edge. A random guy can't play jump rope with his entrails can he now? Cause I know Spec ops can't do that and I'm not a part of the military.

Skill is a factor.

That's funny, because alot of Slade's feats of beating people like Cassandra Cain, Batman, Nightwing etc are because of his enhancements, which Slade has even flat out stated. When Slade usually beats people who eclipses him in power by a great degree, its because of tactics, familiarity and prep time, which he doesn't have here.

And I pray, please tell, what has Deathstroke done in his latest series since being de-aged that puts him far above Luther's paygrade and who has he fought and beaten that's been more powerful?

I have no problem with people saying Deathstroke beats Luther Strode and I have argued it myself up until Legacy of Strode, where I felt that Strode's physicality edged him out. But your lowballing is interesting given some of the most knowledgeable Deathstroke experts on here have given the fight some time, at least more than you are giving it.

This is going a little off topic. Personally I really don't see a healing factor as evening out a battle when one fighter is a master combatant and the other is only above the average joe. What's stopping Deathstroke from cutting off all of Luther's limbs in a matter of seconds? It's not like Luther can counter.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By jashro44

@laflux said:

Well he did just tank hits from a pissed off wonder woman. Yea god-killer is an amp but it looked like to me that she knocked god-killer away for a few panels and he was still taking hits from her. In fact in the end of the fight Slade just dropped the sword and was still taking a beating claiming he could take whatever she dished out.....

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is going a little off topic. Personally I really don't see a healing factor as evening out a battle when one fighter is a master combatant and the other is only above the average joe. What's stopping Deathstroke from cutting off all of Luther's limbs in a matter of seconds? It's not like Luther can counter.

Deathstroke is not going to effortlessly dismember Luther considering Jack the Ripper, who is skilled enough to actually blitz people with Pressure points didn't come close to dismembering Luther, and actually got his knives caught in Luther's flesh. To put it into context, Slade has only one entire usage of a pressure point that I can remember, and that was catching his daughter unawares to make her throw up.

The only reasonable counter to that is Deathstroke might be stronger and has better leverage with a longer weapon.

And Strode is not an "above an Average Joe" . Strode has actually shown martial ability akin with the likes of Damian Wayne or Moon Knight in terms of pressure points (though its not consistent), and has shown some poise and skill in his fights. One of the arching theme's of Luther Strode is that he a highly talented Herculean Method Practitioner, more so that people who have spent a longer time dedicating themselves to the art than he has.

Wyldsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@laflux said:

Deathstroke is not going to effortlessly dismember Luther considering Jack the Ripper, who is skilled enough to actually blitz people with Pressure points didn't come close to dismembering Luther, and actually got his knives caught in Luther's flesh. To put it into context, Slade has only one entire usage of a pressure point that I can remember, and that was catching his daughter unawares to make her throw up.

The only reasonable counter to that is Deathstroke might be stronger and has better leverage with a longer weapon.

And Strode is not an "above an Average Joe" . Strode has actually shown martial ability akin with the likes of Damian Wayne or Moon Knight in terms of pressure points (though its not consistent), and has shown some poise and skill in his fights. One of the arching theme's of Luther Strode is that he a highly talented Herculean Method Practitioner, more so that people who have spent a longer time dedicating themselves to the art than he has.

Agree with this post 100%

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44 said:
@laflux said:

Well he did just tank hits from a pissed off wonder woman. Yea god-killer is an amp but it looked like to me that she knocked god-killer away for a few panels and he was still taking hits from her. In fact in the end of the fight Slade just dropped the sword and was still taking a beating claiming he could take whatever she dished out.....

Yes, I'm aware of that. But he didn't beat her, and the way that fight was going it seems he was going to lose regardless of whether he fought back or not. Plus I think even though Wonder-Woman was annoyed, she was holding back, as she didn't see the honor in killing someone who was not willing to defend himself.

But even so its a good durability feat, seeing as Wonder-Woman sent him flying into the air above the trees at one point.....

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Yeah, and that's the problem. People think that pressure points are what's important to measure skill.

sirfizzwhizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: gaining super powers from studying a book called the art of murder is Karate kid level stuff. That is skill in itself of training and discipline. The accuracy feats he has with throwing weapons is a sign of skill. The fact he beats foes with 100s of years of combat experience, knowledge of pressure points, and knowledge of the human body is skill. Hell, the martial art poses and martial art attacks he is drawn doing is a sign of skill.

Luther has skill whether it sits right with you or not. He is not a brawler brick character like Thing, Luke Cage, or countless others that you are making him out to be.

He has very consistent feats. Getting shot 2 out of 8 times is not inconsistent as your claims are. One of those times was the first big fight he got in, still a rookie grasping his powers. Inconsistent my a$$.

Also trying to use Jordan as a argument is flawed. You state he says Luthernis peak human, but at the same time he states Luther is Deathstroke level and can take Death Stroke. Another time states Luther is combination of Spider Man, Sabertooth, and Karnak in power set. So that rout is flawed.

In the end Luther is better than what you think. It feels like your trying too hard to bring him down to peak human level.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By renamed040924

@sirfizzwhizz: I'm not trying to bring Luther down to peak human level, you're misunderstanding my posts. I said he's more like a super soldier than a real superhuman, something Jordan seems to agree with. At the end of the day regardless of these semantics on simple statements like "superhuman" or "bullet timer" that we seem to be stuck on, the fact remains that whatever classification you give Luther Strode, none of his feats are anything special for a generic BOW in Resident Evil. Chris and Leon battle opponents physically superior to themselves on a regular basis, so the fact that Luther is only a little bit faster than them and has complete control over his body means they'll have an easier time than usual, as Luther is far from their most powerful opponent.

Although those are good points on Luther's skill. I never meant to imply he was actually a BAD fighter, I just can't picture him actually being on par with these guys who actually specialize in combat, when his main thing is his abilities.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like I said, I still need to finish those last three issues. However I have seen sections of Luther's fight with Jack in scans people have posted, and the speed difference didn't seem to be as wide as people make it out to be. It seems like when people are debating for Luther, they use "keeping up with Jack" as a feat, then when people are debating for Jack, they use that one panel to say he "speedblitzed Luther Strode." I mean c'mon people make up your mind.

You're one to talk when it comes to inconsistent debating :/

From my perspective Jack definitely seems to have a speed advantage over Luther Strode, but that one panel of him "blitzing" also had a lot to do with agility. In pure speed Luther was able to keep up with Jack, at the least.

I got nothing to add here. Its still all impressive, what Jack was able to accomplish.

Cerberus dogs: Portrayed as big black blurs barely recognizable as dogs, and can speedblitz average spec ops soldiers like Joseph Frost from a distance away. During the initial run to the mansion during RE1, the entire Alpha team was firing at the Cerberus pack, but all of their bullets missed because the dogs were running too fast, only Chris and Wesker were able to make their marks. AKA Cerberus literally have the exact same feats as Luther Strode does; blurring, blitzing soldiers, outrunning bullets.

Its indeed impressive on paper. But after watching Leon and Jill literally outrun them, I'm not convinced. Moreover, we literally have a first-person view of how fast the dogs actually travel, which is as 'bout as fast as the norm. The fact that the first soldier was caught off guard which made it look like a blur/blitz isn't sufficient enough for me. Anyone on team Hercules is still by far more impressive.

Lickers: Can also speedblitz spec ops soldiers and all that junk; more importantly a single Licker can actually weave through individual bullets of a fully automatic assault rifle, while sprinting towards the shooter, using only their hearing and sense of smell to react. Luther Strode can not dodge bullets at that level, this is literally a fact. His creator confirmed it, the source material doesn't give any indication otherwise, in fact we are repeatedly reminded that Hercules Method users are neither untouchable to modern firearms, nor invincible to them.

Using Damnation as a reference point, it seems like Lickers rely on their agility more times than not. So again, you talk them up but forget that people have access to YouTube. Show me a Licker weave through individual bullets of fully automatic assault rifle. And don't use the showing of a Licker literally running it straight to Leon and Leon missing every shot.

Hunters: The rival to Lickers. They can travel long distances roughly as fast as a vehicle, whereas Luther Strode can not outrun vehicles. In bursts Hunters regularly leave after images.

Not going to bother getting into this since you've failed to convince me on the first two counts. Plus, I don't have the time :/

Luther Strode literally does not have sh!t on a Tyrant. Literally. A generic Tyrant possesses every single ability of Luther Strode, but cranked up x10. Leon and Chris kill Tyrants all the time. Wesker could kill Tyrants before even gaining his powers. Clearly, the level of skill and reaction time these characters are operating at, stomps the low-level superhuman stats of Luther Strode and Co. Leon can literally beat Luther Strode even if Luther Strode spent a couple decades training as a spec ops soldier and mastering weapons, tactics, and knife fighting. Leon already did actually, the character's name was Jack Krauser.

Utter bullshit, sorry. Show me Leon and Chris defeating a Tyrant that didn't largely involve evasive tactics, manipulating their surroundings, and waiting for an actual heavy hitter (tank, fighter plane) to show up.

Avatar image for thenaughtytitan
TheNaughtyTitan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto:

So true.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: And? You forget that writers are not martial artists and comic books are not practical. Pressure points are often used as a measure of skill so when people can blitz with them. Something that usually requires precision.

And its not like that's his only skill feat tbh. I wasn't even saying Deathstroke is less skilled than Jack only if jack is not able to dismember Strode Slade is unlikely to given Jack's feats.