Team Kane Chronicles vs Team Harry Potter

• 114 results
Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@leo-343: are any of those potions particularly useful in combat? Most of them have to be drunk iirc

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Imperio doesnt take control of the mind it simply makes ppl do whatever its caster wants.

in harry potter and the goblet of fire, mad eye moody explained that some ppl claimed that they served voldermort under the influence of the imperios curse (hence you know you're being controlled but cant do squat about it) so it cant be fought. Theres no resisting it.

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Hulkage

@arcus: I'll have to look it up but Protego has blocked many things not limited to magic...

Like physical force, mental attacks, etc. The only thing it has been stated not to defend against was the unforgivable curses or those equally as powerful...

The only thing I see out of the things you listed that would probably breach it was petals the death magic, and a very powerful attack from the avatar.

But the avatar was kinda slow and can be evaded

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: I don't think the House is just going to drink random stuff. Avada Kedavra can be blocked or dodged. Fiendfyre is a possibility, be interesting to see how Zia would work with that

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Arcus1

@hulkage:

I don't remember Protego ever blocking any significant physical force

HP wizards aren't known for their amazing agility, and as Carter got more experienced his avatar got faster than it was in Book 1

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

It didn't conpletely block Dolhov's curse iirc in Book 5

It's entirely possible the House's shields could block Avada Kedavra, they've been shown to be much more physical than HP shields

The_New_Sentry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By The_New_Sentry

Good thread. But there is somethig forgotten and worth mentioning. Despite the teams listed The House of life has a much bigger and varied force than you'd think at first glance. One of the Kane universe magicians strongest powers is the ability to make shabtis, summon familiars, and use amulets and other trinkets to summon a large variety of minions. This in itself is a huge game changer for both battles. While Hogwarts may have those suits of armor it is nothing compared to hundreds of shabti (House of life standard invasion tactic) and Walt's dozens of amulets that summon among other things sphinxes, lions, and camels.

Also the more powerful Kane chronicles magicians (like the ones here) have much more stamina than your average joe. For instance Sadie was able use a portal spell, (particularly exhausting.) a concealment spell, another portal spell, and a binding spell all in quick succession in the last book. And that was without channeling godly power.

There is also a very clear cut difference in power and versatility between Egyptian magic and Harry potter magic. Egyptian magicians can do anything with magic as long as they have enough power and know the heiroglyph nescessary. Wizards in contrast need a specific phrase, a specific gesture, and a line of sight to do magic.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_new_sentry: they don't usually carry a shabti army with them, so I don't see it being a game changer for round 1 at least. IMO, shabti warriors = animated armor (more or less)

Saying they could do anything is a bit of a stretch, there are some things no one has the energy or hieroglyphic knowledge for

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Arcus1

Bump, anyone else want to share their thoughts?

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: yeah it's will power. All of these guys have strong will power though

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Hulkage

IMO there are too many powerful wizards on HP team... You should lessen the number to make it more equal

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Arcus1

@hulkage: you think so? I figured there'd need to be more HP wizards since the Egyptians are more powerful

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: The numbers would overwhelm them... Especially because of the stamina problem I mentioned earlier

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343:

Carter has closed his mind to Iskandar and resisted Setne's influence, almost everyone has hosted and needed to control/resist gods

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Feats for Kane please.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penderor:

I can try to give some more specific examples later, but they've got things like elemental control, explosions, force fields, shape shifting/transformation of others, summoning animals. Carter summons a combat avatar, essentially a giant energy form of himself that surrounds him and he can use to fight

Penderor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arcus: That sounds good, but that does not mean HP shouldnt have a chance.

TheGrayGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Kane Chronicles.

The series where Anubis was a thinly disguised Edward from Twilight. at least Twilight didn't have the two dudes fusing together as the ultimate teen girl fantasy

Ughh....I hope they lose

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thegrayghost: you're ruining the books for me@penderor: oh I think they both have a chance, just trying to encourage some debate

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually "imperio" cant be resisted (ITS REGARDLESS OF WILL POWER CUZ YOU KNOW YOU'RE BEING CONTROLLED BUT CAN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT) and it was never used on Harry. What Harry resisted has to do with "occlumency" which involves entiring an opponents mind to psycologically torture them.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: no, Mad Eye Moody (or rather the guy pretending to be Moody) used it on all the kids in Book 4, and Harry resisted. Voldemort also might've tried using it on him and Harry resisted.

Also, I remember something about one or both of the Crouches resisting it, but idk what exactly happened

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Mad eye was'nt using it one the students he used it on a spider, forcing it to jump on students faces, clothes, and hair (making them scream). He was demostrating imperio to them using the spider.

P.s. i'm watching it right now.

What Voldermort used on harry is occlumency (mind invasion, not control).

And what the two ppl Voldermort tortured endured was "crucio" (torture curse) not "imperio".

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No one ever used imperio on Harry.

Crucio can be resisted and avada kedavra can be survived/blocked. Imperio has never been resisted. Again, what Harry resisted was a curse which Voldermort used to invade is mind to torture him psycologically.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Arcus1
A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NO. But have you watched all the movies.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n:

Yes, I have. It doesn't matter that it didn't happen in the movies, because in the books Harry resisted the Inperius curse from Moody(Crouch) and Voldemort

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude p.lease re-check ur books and movies cuz Moody (crouch) never used imperio to control Harry. And Voldermort didnt control Harry he entered Harry's mind to torture him and give him nightmares. Imperio doesnt involve entering a persons mind.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: you just admitted you've never read the books, so who are you to say it never happened? The movies don't follow the books exactly, same for any movie adaptation of a book

When I'm not busy I can quote the book and/or provide other sources if need be. Or you can bother to check your facts

darktiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

House of Life

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By A1l_S2a3m4E5N

I just checked, the name of the spell for entering and controlling minds is "occlumency" or in Snape's case "legilimens". NOT IMPERIOR (imperio doesnt invade the mind, it controls ppl while they are concious and know they're being controlled but cant do anything about it).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just checked, the name of the spell for entering and controlling minds is "occlumency" or in Snape's case "legilimens". NOT IMPERIOR (imperio doesnt invade the mind, it controls ppl while they are concious and know they're being controlled but cant do anything about it).

http://www.shmoop.com/harry-potter-4-goblet-fire/chapter-34-summary.html

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080627095540AAHjcbQ

http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Imperius_Curse

When I can I will quote the book if need be. Harry resisted the Imperius Curse in the books, you can deny it all you want but you haven't even read the books so your denial doesn't even really matter

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well thats depressing (defeat). Though i dont want to go with feats from the books anyway (most ppl watched the movies). but who do you think wins this then? avada kedavra still kills on contact in the movies,(what about in the books?).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: since I made the thread I'm not going to pick a side, I think both teams could win

Avada Kedavra kills on contact, it can be blocked by physical objects or dodged though

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think team HP wins this.

so C'mon humour me.

(which team do you believe to be stronger).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that most of the team can apparate (teleport) and fly while at the same time firing a barrage of spells (avada kedavra by deatheaters) and protego which can protect them to an extent. Plus team kane cant exactly keep up with team HP due to the fact that they'd get tired after fighting for a while, while team HP have never gotten fatigued from casting spells.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n:

HP team can still get physically tired from fighting very powerful opponents

Apparition can only help so much, besides it's probably not a great idea to apparate repeatedly since you risk hurting yourself.

If an Avada Kedavra barrage was so effective the Death Eaters never would have had problems at Hogwarts

We don't know how effective Protego would be at blocking spells of the Kanes' magnitude

Hulkage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: Kane chronicles are undoubtedly stronger but HP wizards have a better chance of winning due to sheer numbers and stamina

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

True.

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hulkage: assuming they can survive long enough for stamina to be an issue. Magic might not drain their stamina, but simply defending/constantly apparating against such powerful opponents could

A1l_S2a3m4E5N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesnt. Its never happened to the high level witches/wizards (they are always in constant flight which doesnt tire them out).

Arcus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a1l_s2a3m4e5n: I wouldn't say they're in constant flight, only for brief moments. And they can still be tagged in flight in the movies