• 80 results
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

The mean green wrecking machine continues to stomp all who come across it. Will Team BLACK meet the same fate, or will them come out on top?

Team GREEN: Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, World War Hulk

VS

Team BLACK: Black Adam, Void Sentry, Insider Batman

No morals, everyone bloodlusted, no prep, to the death. Battle takes place on deserted Earth-like planet, teams start 10m apart.

Everyone starts with basic knowledge of their own teammates, but no knowledge of opposing team members.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By pooty

Green team goes down.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@pooty said:

Green team goes down.

Can you be more specific? I'd like to know how people see the fight playing out.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Saren

Insider Batman goes down quickly and easily. J'onn's already incapacitated Adam telepathically in World War III despite the PIS-ness of Adam's showings in that book, and I still believe Fernus could beat the Void.

Lean mean green machine for the win.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RingSlinger

I love these Team Green battles, thats why its so hard so say they lose. Does anyone on Team Green have an answer to Void Sentry??

Maybe replace Void Sentry with the Destroyer Armor?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By willpayton

@CitizenBane said:

Insider Batman goes down quickly and easily. J'onn's already incapacitated Adam telepathically in World War III despite the PIS-ness of Adam's showings in that book, and I still believe Fernus could beat the Void.

How does Batman go down? He has a lot of flexibility in the suit, and AFAIK his cowl has TP protection built in.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Saren

@WillPayton said:

@CitizenBane said:

How does Batman go down? He has a lot of flexibility in the suit, and AFAIK his cowl has TP protection built in.

It does not, and he's not fast enough to stop a no morals Manhunter.

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RingSlinger

@CitizenBane said:

@WillPayton said:

@CitizenBane said:

Agreed, also Bruce in the Insider Suit is the first to die in this battle...

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

Ok, how does Team GREEN then deal with Black Adam and Void?

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#10  Edited By vuviper

@CitizenBane said:

I don't know why Fernus would be involved. I agree about Batman and Black Adam though, not familiar enough with the Void to really be able to say, can anyone give me a run down of his relevant abilities?

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

@RingSlinger said:

@CitizenBane said:

@WillPayton said:

@CitizenBane said:

Couldnt Batman use the speed powers of the suit to blitz MM (or one of the others) right at the start of the fight, before MM has had a chance to scan his opponents for TP weaknesses?

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RingSlinger

@WillPayton said:

@RingSlinger said:

@CitizenBane said:

@WillPayton said:

@CitizenBane said:

Couldnt Batman use the speed powers of the suit to blitz MM (or one of the others) right at the start of the fight, before MM has had a chance to scan his opponents for TP weaknesses?

Rules say no knowledge of opponents so it is unlikely he will attack with speedforce and one-shot any of team green before Martian Manhunter rips him in half

Does the insider suit give the user increased durability? Is it enough to not get torn in half by any of Team Green? Still waiting to hear how they deal with Void Sentry.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By willpayton

@RingSlinger said:

Rules say no knowledge of opponents so it is unlikely he will attack with speedforce and one-shot any of team green before Martian Manhunter rips him in half

Does the insider suit give the user increased durability? Is it enough to not get torn in half by any of Team Green? Still waiting to hear how they deal with Void Sentry.

Even though they start with no knowledge of the opp team, it seems logical that anyone with the ability to blitz at the start will do so in order to gain the advantage. Batman may not know that MM is the biggest threat, but it's still a 33% chance he'd pick him to blitz. And while everyone except Hulk is fast enough to blitz, wouldnt the speed force abilities of the Insider suit give Batman an edge? Does anyone know how fast the speed force power of the suit is?

I'm also curious if anyone knows how long it would take MM to scan his opponents for TP weakness. Also, is he able to TP attack all 3 at once, or does he need to hit each at a time?

RingSlinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RingSlinger

I think he can only use one power at a time in the suit and from what ive read on previous battles the power runs out very fast, even if he did use the blitz option I dont think he can take out any one of Team Green before the suit runs out of power and he gets destroyed (unless the suit gives the wearer increased durability and it would have to be a considerable amount).

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Void solos.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By willpayton

@RingSlinger said:

I think he can only use one power at a time in the suit and from what ive read on previous battles the power runs out very fast, even if he did use the blitz option I dont think he can take out any one of Team Green before the suit runs out of power and he gets destroyed (unless the suit gives the wearer increased durability and it would have to be a considerable amount).

Just using the speed force power he could blitz and IMP whoever he goes at. Even if it's at a fraction of Flash's power, it'd still do a lot of damage.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By willpayton

More opinions? So far it seems people are split on who wins this one.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By lady_liberty

The IMP better hit Manhunter, otherwise Green Team wins again. Even if it does, Hal could might be able to hold of Adam and Void until Manhunter light-speeds back to the battle and starts mind controlling people.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By willpayton

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Void solos.

How does Void deal with MM's intangibility and TP? Is Void immune to TP?

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@WillPayton said:

Void solos.

He should be. Hes an Omega level telepath.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Void is virtually useless. It's best feats are killing Ares , killing Loki using Norn Stones , using matter-manipulation one flipping time on someone who has an infinite amount of experience with manipulation of matter on the sub-atomic level (something that neither Sentry nor his comically evil and inept dark-side have), beating up Hulk (something Hal or J'onn could easily do without trying) and giving Thor a hard time. If I missed something important, don't even bother letting me know, as Void has no chance against Hal and J'onn. It has done nothing to suggest it would be immune to being obliterated by Hal or just mind-wiped by J'onn. If Thor, a hellicarrier, some Norn Stones and some particularly pissed Avengers and Iron Man in the Mark 1 armor can do it, Hal and J'onn can do it with laughable ease. 

And, what's Teth going to do? Fly right into a Lantern construct and then get blasted into submission by a combination of Martian heat-vision and Lantern energy? WWH isn't even needed.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

@WillPayton said:

Void solos.

What?
vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By vuviper
He's being controlled by his brother but hsoul still answer your question
He's being controlled by his brother but hsoul still answer your question

@WillPayton said:

@RingSlinger said:

Even though they start with no knowledge of the opp team, it seems logical that anyone with the ability to blitz at the start will do so in order to gain the advantage. Batman may not know that MM is the biggest threat, but it's still a 33% chance he'd pick him to blitz. And while everyone except Hulk is fast enough to blitz, wouldnt the speed force abilities of the Insider suit give Batman an edge? Does anyone know how fast the speed force power of the suit is?

I'm also curious if anyone knows how long it would take MM to scan his opponents for TP weakness. Also, is he able to TP attack all 3 at once, or does he need to hit each at a time?

@Lady_Liberty said:

The IMP better hit Manhunter, otherwise Green Team wins again. Even if it does, Hal could might be able to hold of Adam and Void until Manhunter light-speeds back to the battle and starts mind controlling people.

I don't know if Bat's could even IMP in his insider suit

@WillPayton said:

Void solos.

I don't think that in itself means he is immune to TP

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By willpayton

Damn, it aint looking good for the dreaded Team BLACK. I had such high hopes for them. =(

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lady_liberty

Yeah, team Green is just really dominating.

Part of it is the usual fact that character hype is often greater then character power. Hulk, for example has no place on Green team, he's not anywhere near as effective as the other two members, and he doesn't bring anything they need.

The same problem has happened with Sentry, and in this battle, Void.

Void just isn't nearly as powerful as he is hyped up to be. Illuminatus lays out the reasons why Void isn't effective in his post above, and I feel he's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Black Atom is effective, but Insider Batman isn't strong enough for this battles power level, and neither is Void.

The more I consider it, the more I think that team Green wins in a brutal curb stomp.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Wow, I thought Void was a lot more powerful. lol

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@The Man of Yesteryear said:

Most people get the impression he is thanks to Bendick and his whacked-out writing. Like, one issue Sentry is getting thrashed by Morganna Le Fay in one shot, and in another, Void is tearing Molecule Man apart. Doesn't make any sense.
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By willpayton

@Lady_Liberty said:

Yeah, team Green is just really dominating.

Part of it is the usual fact that character hype is often greater then character power. Hulk, for example has no place on Green team, he's not anywhere near as effective as the other two members, and he doesn't bring anything they need.

The same problem has happened with Sentry, and in this battle, Void.

Void just isn't nearly as powerful as he is hyped up to be. Illuminatus lays out the reasons why Void isn't effective in his post above, and I feel he's pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Black Atom is effective, but Insider Batman isn't strong enough for this battles power level, and neither is Void.

The more I consider it, the more I think that team Green wins in a brutal curb stomp.

People arent giving Insider Batman enough credit, I think he'd mess up Hulk, or at least hold out for a good while. And as much as I like Hal, I see him losing to Adam. But alas the Martian tips the odds here.

In any case, Team GREEN should enjoy their wins. Nothing lasts forever. =)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By willpayton

@Illuminatus said:

Most people get the impression he is thanks to Bendick and his whacked-out writing. Like, one issue Sentry is getting thrashed by Morganna Le Fay in one shot, and in another, Void is tearing Molecule Man apart. Doesn't make any sense.

That's the thing, Sentry has some badass feats, like against Molecule Man and Ares.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@WillPayton said:

@Illuminatus said:

That's the thing, Sentry has some badass feats, like against Molecule Man and Ares.

Void killed Molecule Man (lol), and Ares is a chump that can't even fly (double lol). Tony in the Bleeding Edge armor could probably kill Ares.
lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lady_liberty

@WillPayton: Black Adam might could cause Hal some problems, Adam is a wrecking ball of a tank. In the end though, the Manhunter from Mars turns peoples brains into mush, and closes the deal.

And good point about Insider Batman and the Hulk, its possible Batman could hold out for a while. Of course, that's meaningless, because Hulk can't fly so he can't really contribute to the important part of the battle.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Saren

@WillPayton said:

Void solos.

He's not. He does not have a single Omega level feat. He has a bunch of stuff from Dark Reign about how Emma and Xavier can't get into his mind, but then later in Nation X Emma psi-blasted several Void constructs inside Cyclops' mind and then Scott used what he learned from Jean to stuff the Void into a little box and lock it up. Honestly, Max Lord has better TP feats than the Void does, and J'onn's still better than him.

And why would being an Omega level telepath make you immune to TP, anyway? Emma is an Omega level telepath, Quentin Quire shut her down in Endsong.

@vuviper said:

@CitizenBane said:

I don't know why Fernus would be involved. I agree about Batman and Black Adam though, not familiar enough with the Void to really be able to say, can anyone give me a run down of his relevant abilities?

Bloodlusted J'onn is essentially Fernus, or on that level.

EH KILLED DA MOLECULE MAN

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By vuviper

@CitizenBane:

Bloodlusted J'onn is essentially Fernus, or on that level.

I don't know if you could make that assumption, even if you just take away the pyrrokinesis.

Avatar image for simon_the_digger
Simon_the_digger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Simon_the_digger

Void Solos

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By czarny_samael666

I don't see Void going down here. His matter mainpulation will take out his enemies in first minute.

rpgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rpgr

Team black only wins if they speed blitz MM at the beginning. Insider suit is a lot more powerful than some of the guys give it credit for. It's only weakness is it's limited power source but having black adam, void sentry and green lantern in this fight is an advantage (they pretty much become power batteries giving batman whatever powers and durability and speed feats he needs). In any case MM is underrated in comics for his power set but logic dictates he's the biggest threat due to high levels of telepathy. The problem with the no prep thing though is that the insider suit can scan power sets and show threat levels not to mention the insider suit was designed to give Bruce JLA powers so him not having info on MM and GL is an oxymoron.

But whatever the only way Black wins over Green is if Bruce speed blitzes MM first (being the only one with speed force access). That's the key to this whole battle. With the Insider suit scanners it's entirely possible that would happen and not by random circumstance.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By vuviper

@rpgr said:

Team black only wins if they speed blitz MM at the beginning. Insider suit is a lot more powerful than some of the guys give it credit for. It's only weakness is it's limited power source but having black adam, void sentry and green lantern in this fight is an advantage (they pretty much become power batteries giving batman whatever powers and durability and speed feats he needs). In any case MM is underrated in comics for his power set but logic dictates he's the biggest threat due to high levels of telepathy. The problem with the no prep thing though is that the insider suit can scan power sets and show threat levels not to mention the insider suit was designed to give Bruce JLA powers so him not having info on MM and GL is an oxymoron.

But whatever the only way Black wins over Green is if Bruce speed blitzes MM first (being the only one with speed force access). That's the key to this whole battle. With the Insider suit scanners it's entirely possible that would happen and not by random circumstance.

See because of the limited power source I don't know if he can achieve the speed necessary.

@czarny_samael666 said:

I don't see Void going down here. His matter mainpulation will take out his enemies in first minute.

Can you tell me more about Void's powers . If he vulnerable to physical damage, telepathic assault? What is his reaction time or reflex speed. Would J'onns control over his molecular structure give him a defense for the matter manipulation? What is the scale of his matter manipulation?

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Petey_is_Spidey

The green team is no longer undefeated :(...

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By czarny_samael666

@vuviper said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

Can you tell me more about Void's powers . If he vulnerable to physical damage, telepathic assault? What is his reaction time or reflex speed. Would J'onns control over his molecular structure give him a defense for the matter manipulation? What is the scale of his matter manipulation?

Void for sure has - super strength, complete control over his molecules, reforming, molecule manipulation, energy beams, high level telepathy (offensive and defensive), some kind of immortality, possbily other about which I don't remember right now.

1.His super strength is debatable. In theory he is stronger than Thor, but it would mean that Sentry also is stronger than Thor, since Void isn't stronger than Sentry. But try to tell to others and they would belvie to that You want to start another Sentry vs. Superman battle, since it would also mean that Sentry is stronger than Superman...

2.Void was completly destroyed more than once. Morgana did it, Molecule Man did it + Sentry threw him into the Sun two times. When void understood that his auto-reforming can be controlled, he also understood that he can control matter on higher level than Molecule Man. If You would ask me, I would say that Molecule Man was at the moment in Surfer's level and this level should be considered as his limit, but if You would ask Bendis he would tell You that it was MM at his best. but in that situation Void would be above Eternity... IMO in this part his fight with MM proves that he is in Surfer level (according to what I've read in MM bios).

3.His energy projection were able to go through Cap's shield and Thor's body taking out all Avengers present near Asgard in Siege with one shot. So in theory he is able to do the same to Martian, Hal and WWHulk.

4.His telepathy is good enough to take out Emma with just going into her mind. Something that is immposible for people like Sinister or Xavier. Even their combined power isn't able to take out Void and even fraction of his consciousness was able to stun Psylocke as well as Emma.

5.J'ohn's control over his body is similar to Sinister - Void's is higher, much higher than what Sinister has shown.

6.Both Sentry and Void were realyl hurt in the past - by magic. Norn Stones were first thing that really hurt Void during Siege. Doom was able to affect Sentry's mind and Strange's illusion were able to hold Bob for some time (but in the end he broke them). It is like with Superman - they aren't really weak to magic, they just react to magic like other people, what in level like that can be consider as a weakness after all.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

LOL. Molecule manipulation isn't in character for either Void or Sentry. Doing something once under a ridiculous writer that thinks Gorgon isn't a mutant doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. That molecular manipulation would've come in real handy during the Void's fight with Thor.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By czarny_samael666

@Illuminatus said:

LOL. Molecule manipulation isn't in character for either Void or Sentry. Doing something once under a ridiculous writer that thinks Gorgon isn't a mutant doesn't really matter in the scheme of things. That molecular manipulation would've come in real handy during the Void's fight with Thor.

Molecule Man simply wasn't at his old level, nothing more. Ther is no proof that Void shouldn't have mm. He has - he showed it, he won with powerfull enemy - nothing else really matters here, a specially that it isn't against what was shown about him in older comics.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Molecule Man simply wasn't at his old level, nothing more. Ther is no proof that Void shouldn't have mm. He has - he showed it, he won with powerfull enemy - nothing else really matters here, a specially that it isn't against what was shown about him in older comics.

Despite the fact that Bendis has a reputation of dumbing down characters to make his favorites look better than they actually are (Spider-Woman, Sentry, etc.), that's not what I was getting at. He could've used it on some innocent bystander once and I would still say the same thing. Doing one thing once and then never doing it again speaks volumes about Void's abilities and Bendis's writing.
ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ReVamp

@Illuminatus said:

...The Fight Club has rules man. Don't ever mention Bendis and Gorgon on the same line.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By 80sBaby

Half the things that get argued on this site aren't "in character" for these people or have been used only once but we use them anyways (i.e speedblitzing from MM or IMP/soloing for Flash.) Not sure how the Green Team kills something that can't die unless it wants to though? I suppose MM may be able to get through to Bob but, IIRC, Emma and Charles both failed at that. This is a tough one.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By czarny_samael666

@Illuminatus said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

@Illuminatus said:

Despite the fact that Bendis has a reputation of dumbing down characters to make his favorites look better than they actually are (Spider-Woman, Sentry, etc.), that's not what I was getting at. He could've used it on some innocent bystander once and I would still say the same thing. Doing one thing once and then never doing it again speaks volumes about Void's abilities and Bendis's writing.

First of all - he would do it once - it is good enough for me if it doesn't stand against his ealier apperances.

Second thing - that is the explanation how Void was able to survive whole the time despite fights with Morgana or Sentry in the past.

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By willpayton

I'm glad to see there's still a chance of Team BLACK winning here. I thought they had a good chance of dethroning Team GREEN. Looks like I'll have to wait until we have a winner before moving a team to the next round.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jeanroygrant

Void solos.

How? Thor killed him.

80sBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By 80sBaby

Who on team Green is more powerful than Loki w/Norn Stones. I was under the impression the stones made him pretty potent.

TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@80sBaby said:
Who on team Green is more powerful than Loki w/Norn Stones. I was under the impression the stones made him pretty potent.
The Norn Stones aren't really all that powerful. Void got downed by a hellicarrier and Thor, along with some Avengers. Hal can destroy planets and J'onn has infiltrated the mind of the Spectre on two different occasions. Void will get stomped. 
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@WillPayton said:

I'm glad to see there's still a chance of Team BLACK winning here. I thought they had a good chance of dethroning Team GREEN. Looks like I'll have to wait until we have a winner before moving a team to the next round.

They have no chance unless Hal and J'onn job (which they almost never do).