all tech avalable

only dr who can look into the time vortex

everyone else is at their most powerful

round 2) tao vs the daleks

tao has 1 week were the daleks cant kill him

the daleks have 1 week prep

tao has one week prep

tao knows daleks are coming after him

round 3) the doctor (wildstorm) vs the doctor (dr who)

morals off

1 day prep for each

fight to kill bfr or incapasitation

round 4) the doctor vs the authority and mr majestic

both have one month prep

morals off

fight to the death

win via death only

#2 Edited by ComicStooge (12595 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Edited by Strider92 (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1: The Doctor. Looking into the time vortex makes this heavily one-sided. Majestic and his army cannot take on someone who is basically omnipotent.

Round 2: I really don't think Tao is taking on the whole Dalek race and wining in the slightest. Not to mention the Daleks are insane enough to build a reality bomb with a week of prep and just destroy everything including themselves.

Round 3: The Doctor (Who). If they both had equal tech this could be interesting but with morals off and superior tech he'll take it.

Round 4: Spite. Morals Off and a month of prep the Doctor could do so many things to win its not even close........

I have a feeling this may have been a hate thread on WS......and they don't rip off Doctor Who lol. There are a few similarities yes but its not a rip-off......

#4 Posted by ComicStooge (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

You couldn't beat these guys using your DBZ characters so you had to use the plot device empowered Dr Who universe?

#5 Posted by The_Imperator (1926 posts) - - Show Bio

None of those guys are really rip-offs of Doctor Who. A rip-off is what Lawrence Miles did when writing the Faction Paradox series, basically making it Warhammer 40K with time travel and reality warping shenanigans.

Scenario 1) What exactly can the Khera do? Because Time Lords have Rassilon, who, besides inventing physics and using a black hole to re-write reality with his mind, can move people casually through time and space with his mind. And they have weapons that eat timelines away, or time loop people, or a whole host of other things. (not gonna get into the "is the vortex omnipotent" argument things again :P:P )

Scenario 2) I don't know enough about Tao, so I can't comment on this one

Scenario 3) I've heard that the Doctor (WS) is rather powerful, though the answer to this rests on whether or not the Doctor keeps his morals on while prepping. Even if he does, his Seventh persona was not adverse to using Time Lord machines that erased magic/rewrote reality if he came up against a foe with actual magic.

Scenario 4) Again, is the Doctor constrained by morals, or has he decided to cut loose?

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16807 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: You know, doctor will never use the time vortex. He was bloodlusted before, pushed to the limits, universe was going to end, and in none of the situations he used it. I don't think we should use the vortex argument..

#7 Posted by Strider92 (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by ComicStooge (12595 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by Strider92 (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: I'm pretty sure the OP was inferring it when he typed it in if not what other reason could he/she have for putting that in?

#10 Edited by ComicStooge (12595 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicstooge: I'm pretty sure the OP was inferring it when he typed it in if not what other reason could he/she have for putting that in?

That the Doctor is the only person who can look into the Vortex. He has the option to, but others don't. Anyway, this guy isn't known for making the most logical rules to his threads, with all due respect to him.

#11 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16807 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92 said:

That the Doctor is the only person who can look into the Vortex. He has the option to, but others don't. Anyway, this guy isn't known for making the most logical rules to his threads, with all due respect to him.

Anyway, making him look into time vortex and slaughter the opposition takes away all that doctor is..

#12 Posted by XEL820 (230 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanna point out that all Timelords have looked into the Time Vortex. It's one of their rites of passage. I believe what you guys are referring to is the Heart of the TARDIS which created the presumably omnipotent and definitely omniscient Bad Wolf.

#14 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (16807 posts) - - Show Bio

@xel820 said:

I wanna point out that all Timelords have looked into the Time Vortex. It's one of their rites of passage. I believe what you guys are referring to is the Heart of the TARDIS which created the presumably omnipotent and definitely omniscient Bad Wolf.

yeah yeah

#15 Posted by Buckshot (18915 posts) - - Show Bio

Why was I invited to this party? It lost me when the OP claimed that Wildstorm ripped off Doctor Who. Ummmm, what?

But anyway, since this was meant to be WS hate thread I can throw out some Wildstorm nonsense to make it interesting.

Round 1: The abilities of the Kheran's aren't as well explored as the abilities of the Time Lords but we know that one of their warlords conquered numerous galaxies with just a small crew, that one of their robots exists at the end of time as a god that messes with time, that they warp reality for recreational purposes, that they create sentient tech regularly, and that many of their elders ascend to some god-like state near the end of their lives. Cobbling together the mythos would suggest that Universal Majestic is as close to the example of an ascended Kheran, with the ability to become one with the cosmos as a lesser ability. We've also seen a sample of their magical potential, with Zealot becoming a god. Tapping all these resources to their fullest, I think the Kherans would win, but I doubt they would.

Round 2: I think Tao fares better against the Daleks. He has the talky power that sometimes allows The Doctor to emotionally attack Daleks and the brain to out think them. He probably also understands their depravity better than the Doctor ever could. Also, at the height of his powers he was a reality warper.

Round 3: Not sure how Who would win or how he'd prep for Habib. Habib has actually died and been unaffected by it, and I really don't see attacks through time being effective at all. The Doctor's get all the powers and experience of previous Doctors which I think improves them each time since things that killed previous Doctors don't work on the next one. That's significant since it took the living spirit of Murder to kill the one before Habib. I don't think that'll work again (even if he hadn't turned her into the spirit of life). Bendix did show that his telepathy could affect Habib from keeping him from thinking, but I don't think Who is as powerful as telepath. If he were able to come up with something similar though, we've seen the previous Doctors help the current Doctor break free of mental attacks if he couldn't do it on his own after a while. Also, just remembered, Habib is not the Doctor anymore, Swift is, so her powers would be greater.

Round 4: The Doctor would be up against 2 legitimate reality warpers (both of whom can control and traverse time), a character merged with a ship that can destroy the universe and travel and control time, majestic, who is a genius with god-like potential, and a mix of other characters with their own interesting abilities. And even if they couldn't win on their own, the reality warpers have demonstrated the ability to call forth duplicates of themselves from other dimensions for backup. Someone needs to give me a reason The Doctor would win this fight.